Sign in to follow this  
atlashead

In the Wake of Achievement (Ethics)

I propose a theory of the achievement ethics (for lack of better term):
When you come up with an idea; do the following: 1.Ascribe your personal awesomeness in a fantastical metaphor or equivilate it to an achievement of a great mind...
Congratulate yourself for the achievement, reward yourself for the achievement.  Do #1 again for the ills is will change in the world, maybe even show how this is a stepping stone to greater achievement.  4.  Tell someone about your achievement (if you want)  and include all of the ^relevant egoic responses to it.

18 minutes ago, atlashead said:

I propose a theory of the achievement ethics (for lack of better term):
When you come up with an idea; do the following: 1.Ascribe your personal awesomeness in a fantastical metaphor or equivilate it to an achievement of a great mind...
Congratulate yourself for the achievement, reward yourself for the achievement.  Do #1 again for the ills is will change in the world, maybe even show how this is a stepping stone to greater achievement.  4.  Tell someone about your achievement (if you want)  and include all of the ^relevant egoic responses to it.

In the wake of the "achievement" of your "idea" in the OP, if only for consistency, you yourself should do what you suggest.

45 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

How about the following?

1. Turn your idea into reality, and
2. Set aside worrying about congratulations from others.

🙂

Michael

And send me a check. I'll do all the work!

--Scamster

• Haha 1