BLM and the Cult of the Woke White Liberal

BLM and the Cult of the Woke White Liberal

This is going to be shorter than it deserves. But it's important.

In all well-funded Marxist movements like Black Lives Matter, you have the hardcore manipulators at the center. But outside that center, you have the true-believer followers.

In the US, oddly enough, most of the true-believer followers of BLM during the riots were not black. The "useful idiots" were white college-educated (indoctrinated) liberals. And, strangely enough, the most intense and hate-filled of the true believers were white liberal women.

Getting Black Wrong

What's worse, they got black all wrong. Rush Limbaugh has commented on this over than over. For example, here is a transcript from June 29:

Woke White Liberals Think African-Americans Are Helpless

CALLER: ... My question is, how would these white liberals know how it is growing up in an urban community? I’m a 28-year-old Puerto Rican, and I grew up in Newark, New Jersey, all my life. There was a point in my life that I was scared to go outside in fear of getting mugged, beat up, but these white liberals never have. I mean, they have a completely different picture of how it really is.

RUSH: Well, you know, it’s a good question. How do these white women, college students…? How do they know anything about what it’s actually like in African-American neighborhoods?

. . .

... this doesn’t happen in one class. It doesn’t happen in a week. This happens over the course of a semester, and then you add semesters to the first semester and it just keeps building on itself.

And they have the luxury of time. I mean, you go to school, you’re gonna be in middle school for a couple years, high school for three, then they got you for four years in college. And they can double down, combine history and then whatever newfangled curriculum courses there are. They just… They wear people down over time.

But they know how to psychologically tap into the guilt centers.

. . .

It’s rooted in what I call “the soft bigotry of low expectations,” and every white liberal is guilty of this. They look at African-Americans and they see people that have no chance. For whatever reason, they see people that just can’t do it the way they can.

So they feel sorry for them, and then they turn that sympathy to blame on white conservatives, some group that’s had nothing to do with any of this. But they can’t blame themselves because they’re “woke.” These Baby Boomer white liberals, many of them in the media, can’t be to blame because they get it. They are sensitive. But they believe that African-Americans don’t have a prayer.

They believe African-Americans can’t do things on their own. They have this guilt over what they believe slavery caused and how long slavery has lived. It’s still alive in their view, and so all of this is really rooted in the sympathy that accompanies a belief that these people are incapable of helping themselves, that they’re incompetent — and, by the way, liberals look at everybody this way.

Liberals… This is what they’ve constructed in order to make themselves feel needed, in order to make themselves feel worthy of power.

. . .

Whites in college are being taught to believe that blacks are helpless, and they’re helpless because they’re perpetual, constant victims.

They’re victims of an unfair, systemic racist America. They don’t have a prayer. They can’t possibly advance. And yet you point out many have, a whole bunch. There’s an active African-American middle class — and you point them out, you name them — and, boy, do they hate you! Because those people are not independently sustainable. “Those are Uncle Toms. Those are sellouts and those are traitors who were never down for the struggle.”

. . .

So these African-Americans need white liberals looking out for them, shielding them and protecting them, and it adds up to the soft bigotry of low expectations. Meaning, “I don’t think you’ve got what it takes, pal. Sorry! I just don’t think you can make it.” It’s one of the most insulting attitudes you can have to anybody, regardless of race.

That's part of the root. Rush mentioned an article by a black journalist, Charles Love: What ‘woke’ whites get wrong about blacks’ priorities.

Poor Love looks at what he perceives as well-intentioned white liberals, but is totally perplexed at how they get everything wrong about blacks. He even says at the end, "With their views of blacks as wounded and perpetually oppressed, woke whites would do more good by doing nothing."

That article is well worth the read.

The Woke White Liberal as Cult Member

But, to disagree with Rush a bit, the issue goes much deeper than guilt. I think guilt is just the first stage of the indoctrination assembly line.

Notice that a feeling of being a superior insider is the story these college-educated white liberals tell themselves about themselves.

And here we have Cult Indoctrination 101.

All cults, from fanatical Christian cults to violent Islamic jihadists to Moonies to Scientologists to any cult you want to name, they all exploit this emotion in their followers. The feeling of superiority over the rest of mankind overrides the critical thinking of followers and the cult leaders keep a steady stream of stories going that feeds this emotion in them. Reality doesn't give them this emotion, but the cult stories do.

And that leads to weird things like the following. The following White Liberal women are typical of the majority of the BLM supporters as they celebrate the Fourth of July.

The Twitter poster, Miller, gets it wrong. These are not self-hating women.

They hate you and me, not themselves.

They really hate blacks (and other "oppressed people") who don't want them and don't need them.

America allows "oppressed people" to rise without them, and that's why they hate America so much.

Also, their core belief is not what they are singing about, that is, the oppressed and so forth. 

They believe something deeper that takes over their souls. They believe they are superior insiders.

That core story trumps reality for them and they constantly reinforce that story to themselves wherever they can get it.

But take the feeling of false superiority away from them and their convictions, the ones they sing about--the convictions they want to shape the world around as White Liberals--wash away like a sand castle when the tide comes in.

Imagine how much their enthusiasm for saving the oppressed would be if they were able to change the world as in their minds, but they could no longer be special in that new world.

Can you see the temper tantrums if that happened?

🙂 

These people cannot be reasoned out of this. The emotional payoff is too great and it's intertwined with their sense of identity. To convince them of anything different, they need to be deprogrammed. And that has to be top-down by nature, so I am--on principle--against forcing that on them. But even if it were, I don't give good odds for a high success rate.

Like I said, this is a long topic. I have only scratched the surface here.

So what to do? The best thing I can think of is do to them what they do to others. Keep a distance (cordial even though they are nasty), don't let them in your life in any meaningful way, and use force on them when they try to take over your life. Defend yourself because they will attack when they get goosed up and in a mob. But, if any of these White Liberal Cult members want to leave their cult and let you know, welcome them to reality. Spend the time and take the effort to get them over the hump. They, like all people, have an enormous potential to be good.

Michael

Just a few Rush Limbaugh quotes from today to add to the theme of this thread.

Kids Don’t Know Much About History Thanks to Anti-American Indoctrination

We have repeatedly said, ladies and gentlemen, that these protests and riots are being led by college-aged kids who literally know nothing about American history. They have not been taught the truth. This is key to understand. They have not been taught the truth of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, the founding, and then made up their minds that they think these guys are reprobates and creeps.

They’ve not been taught the truth. They have been propagandized and indoctrinated from the get-go. They have been filled with hatred, pure and simple. But they think that they’ve been taught the truth, finally, that 200 years, 240 years of education in this country was a lie and that the period of time they’ve been in school was the truth.

But the fact of the matter is — and this is very important — they haven’t been taught the truth. They’ve not made up their minds independently of anything. They have been propagandized, and they have been indoctrinated. They’ve been taught to hate America. And it has to be pushed back against.

. . .

It’s obvious some of our schools and universities have become some of the most anti-American places on earth. Indoctrination centers for anti-American propaganda. Campus Reform, great website, they went out and spoke with young American students ahead of the Fourth of July to see what they knew about the holiday.

And even though most of the students that Campus Reform interviewed said that America was a racist country, most of them couldn’t answer even the simplest questions about Independence Day. They didn’t have any idea. Fourth of July, had no idea what it was. College people. College educated people. Students were asked, for example, what the holiday commemorates. They were asked which year the country declared independence. They were asked which nation the United States declared independence from and which was fought for American independence, what war.

Many could not answer any of these questions. Some answered that America gained its independence in the twentieth century. Others said the corresponding war was the Civil War, World War I, World War II. They had no concept of – (interruption) How do you get into college and not know it? Because the SATs have been corrupted, because the entrance exams have been corrupted to coordinate with what people have been taught in high school.

. . .

Do you know the name Howard Zinn? Howard Zinn is the author of the textbook used all across America. The guy’s a Marxist. He hates America. He always has. How it became the number one textbook, I’ll never know. Well, the answer is obvious. The leftists are everywhere.

Our education system is lost. We have totally, totally lost it. And during these two generations of loss, we’ve had American parents striving, sacrificing to come up with 40 grand, 50 grand, 30 grand a year to send their kids off to be propagandized. And they’ve done it with pride. They’ve done it with great pride, that they’ve been able to get their kids into these colleges.

We are looking at, folks, a massive failure of the American education system. Or you could look at it the other way. A triumph. These people are showing what’s possible when you get hold of the education. Imagine if genuine American-loving patriots had been in charge of the education system for the last 50 years.

It wouldn’t have been necessary to even elect Trump.

. . .

Folks, in less than two generations they have what percentage of this country literally hating it? And you see these white, educated women who have really been propagandized with feminism and LGBTQ and all this other stuff, and they just walk around in a constant state of hatred. And they’re yelling at the black cops. They’re yelling at everybody. It’s senseless.

They look insane. They have been indoctrinated and ginned up with such hatred, they can’t even contain it. The idea that they might have happy lives, forget it. And they don’t know what they’re talking about. They haven’t the slightest idea. But they think only they are the experts.

Trish Regan is no longer on Fox, but she is still heard in high places.

The following tweet is an indication that something is brewing.

And it ain't good for the universities.

If Trish is saying this in her circle (which includes President Trump and his people), others in her circle are saying it.

The proposal is now out there as a power play and not just advice about teaching systems.

Let's see if it gets legs.

Michael

• 4 weeks later...

A thought I caught out there on the Interwebs (actually it comes from a black preacher on the Alex Jones show).

Now that the Black Lives Matter movement is tanking in its purpose to ruin President Trump's re-election, people are wondering if BLM will be involved in an October surprise. One possibility going around would certainly cause some unpredictable waves.

What if a black person beloved by the left or by blacks in general gets assassinated along with an attempt to frame Trump or Trump supporters for it?

Say, someone of the stature of Obama?

Or maybe Kanye?

Or Kaepernick?

Or Oprah?

I can see Black Lives Matter trying to do something like that in a boneheaded attempt to take out Trump. Someone over there has to be thinking about it.

It would not be the first time the left ate their own for a "greater good."

btw - If something like that comes to pass, it will be a shit-storm to live through, but I still think President Trump will be reelected. In fact, I think he is preparing for this possibility (he knows how to lead the press around) along with having law enforcement focused on stopping such an abomination before it happens.

Michael

Wow, this shit moves fast.

Portland’s mostly white ‘Wall of Moms’ implodes amid rising racial tension

Another media darling bites the dust soon after being born...

I would quote from the article, but it's not that important. 

This one is in a special category of Mainstream Fake News: the Here Today Gone Tomorrow category.

🙂 

Michael

This one is fun.

The video was OK. Now for the read fun.

Click on the date and look at the comments.

Here are just a few I peeled off.

This is in REALLY poor taste ...

Bro. Stop. You aren’t exactly in a position to be criticizing what you think cancel culture is right now. ...

Did you have access to the Internet while you were away? The world is changed. Saying you’re a better person now is not an apology so work on an apology and then come back to the game with a bit of self-awareness. I’m not sure your old shtick is going to work. ...

you‘re already on thin ice buddy. this isn’t helping. ...

Not wearing a mask in the store... Cancelled ...

What exactly would we say is the “funny” part here? ...

Have you paid for damages and therapy for the women you sexually harassed and exploited yet? ...

i am not joking when i say i blocked literally everyone responding positively to this video lol ...

First off... Those are not the eyes of someone who is well. Second, a sexual predator who took a break is not in a position to come back with a video on cancel culture. ...

I’m glad I’m not the only on who thought his eyes looked weird. ...

It's vitriolic, immature, and dripping with disdain, and it's neither witty nor funny. Satire is often an effective way to make a point, but all Crist is saying is 'I'm a giant baby'. He's simplifying important social issues because he's mad he's being held accountable. ...

You get the idea.

🙂

I don't know who the guy is, but apparently he has been the victim of cancel culture recently. Or did something wrong. Or something.

Was it serious? Well... most of the commenters loved his video.

🙂 

Michael

Since well-off college-educated white females are a huge supporting block of BLM and its Marxist progressivism, I know it hurts them to see one of their idols, Margaret Sanger, get besmirched. But Sanger is a virtual statue that is coming down due to her racism. The NY Chapter of Planned Parenthood took her name off the organization, for example, and it would not have existed without her.

As an aside, another racist progressive, Woodrow Wilson, is another virtual statue being toppled. Princeton University is removing his name from its School of Public and International Affairs due to his racism.

Back to Sanger, here's a Corbett report from today about her. The title is "Fact Check: Progressive Hero Margaret Sanger Was a Racist Eugenicist."

If you are a Karen (although I don't know why a Karen would be reading OL 🙂 ), watch it and weep. Margaret Sanger was evil.

Michael

• Like 1

I made a meme and posted it to Twitter. Here's the meme.

image.png

And here's my tweet.

The odd thing about it is that this is probably the only place on Twitter you can see it.

The tweet itself was immediately removed from my own timeline. I noticed it glitching the moment I posted it.

Oh noooooooooooo... I think my tweet was shadow banned....

But only the shadow nooooooooooos...

🙂

Michael

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

image.png

I like this because there are obvious similarities between the two movements. It can be frightening if you don't consider what is probably the most significant difference, being the lack of organization in today's left. The Nazi's were allegiant to the party and Hitler, where as the left is allegiant to an ideology that purports to represent everyone (hence equality being the ultimate value). The history of communism is likely, and will likely be, the biggest factor in preventing significant organization on the left, as such organization would necessarily draw parallels to the failed attempts of actualizing "Real Communism" in the past. In other words, equality can not eliminate inequalities, inequalities must be embraced for this purpose (thus the paradox of Anarcho Communism) and leftists have identified the employment of inequalities, even for the purpose of leveling out other inequalities, as harmful to their cause ("that's not Real Communism"). The intellectual left will not put a party above the people the way the Bolsheviks did, which will limit how much they can actually achieve. Their reasons for why Communism has always failed are actually reasons for why it's always succeeded.