Current Riots in America (June 2020)

This is the man who helped lead the charge in impeaching the President of the United States: Jerry Nadler.

He says the Antifa violence and rioting in Portland is a myth.

That's how connected to reality he is.

Shame is not part of this man's repertoire of emotions. And awareness is not part of his cognitive habits.

He's like a villain version of Mr. Magoo.

🙂

Michael

8 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

This is the man who helped lead the charge in impeaching the President of the United States: Jerry Nadler.

He says the Antifa violence and rioting in Portland is a myth.

That's how connected to reality he is.

Shame is not part of this man's repertoire of emotions. And awareness is not part of his cognitive habits.

He's like a villain version of Mr. Magoo.

🙂

Michael

All these people denying the riots are expecting us to doubt the evidence of our senses. Pure gaslighting.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

All these people denying the riots are expecting us to doubt the evidence of our senses. Pure gaslighting.

Are the same people showing up at the Portland protests night after night? I certainly do not want to see another “Kent State” shooting. One picture I saw had some “older ladies” protesting. Peter

From Fox. Feds push into Portland as protests continue.

From the web. As the protests raged over the weekend in Portland, demonstrations in support of racial justice and police reform in other cities around the U.S. were hit with violence. Protesters set fire to an Oakland, California, courthouse; vehicles were set ablaze in Richmond, Virginia; an armed protester was shot and killed in Austin, Texas; and two people were shot and wounded in Aurora, Colorado after a car drove through a protest.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: The Kent State shootings (also known as the May 4 massacre or the Kent State massacre), were the shootings of 13 unarmed Kent State University students in Kent, Ohio, by the Ohio National Guard on May 4, 1970. The killings took place during a peace rally against the expanding involvement of the Vietnam War into neutral Cambodia by United States military forces as well as the National Guard presence on campus. The incident marked the first time that a student had been slain in an anti-war gathering in United States history. Twenty-eight National Guard soldiers fired approximately 67 rounds over a period of 13 seconds, killing four students and wounding nine others. Students Allison Beth Krause, 19, Jeffrey Glenn Miller, 20, Sandra Lee Scheuer, 20, and William Knox Schroeder, 19, were killed and nine others were injured, one of whom suffered permanent paralysis. All perished at the scene except Schroeder, who was pronounced dead at Robinson Memorial Hospital in nearby Ravenna shortly afterward.

edit. I just one of the dead students was named Allison Beth Krause. It startled me because I have been to Allison Krause and the Union Station concerts.  

Jim Jordan's opening statement in Congress this morning. The session is about hearing from AG William Barr.

The session started with Nadler snarking about what a big bad meanie Barr is.

Jim Jordan responded for about a minute slamming the Obama administration for spying on President Trump's campaign and administration.

Then Jordan used the rest of his time to present a video compilation of the leftist riots across America. It's about 8 minutes of sheer violence and angry mobs.

You can hear in the background a Congresswoman saying several times: "Turn the... SOUND... DOWN...!!!"

In other words, that stuff on the video is for her constituents out in their lives in reality (they can't turn the sound down out there), not for her more educated sensibilities while sitting in a luxurious Congressional chamber.

Bill Barr sat right there watching with his famous poker face. He didn't complain about the sound.

Oh... when people talked in the video, it was leftie politicians, pundits and TV personalities talking about the "peaceful protests."

This video played in the House, as in the words of Jim Hoft (where I got the video), was devastating in terms of publicity. Including Nadler's snark at the end about hoping Jordan will not complain in the future about the length of his own opening statements.

Michael

• Like 1

If anyone wants to see a series of highlights from the hearing today where, frankly, the Dems showed their asses by not letting Barr finish his answers or respond at all, see the link below.

Highlights

Seems like the Dems were trying to control the narrative through grandstanding to run out the clock.

I wonder what they are afraid of, I wonder, I wonder...

🙂

My favorite Barr quote this morning was (after being interrupted for the umpteenth time):

Well, this is a hearing. I thought I was the one who was supposed to be heard.

🙂

Michael

It sure is ugly for the Dems when done this way.

It's like a script.

DEMOCRATIC CONGRESSPERSON: So what about that immoral and outrageous thing you keep doing? Huh? Huh?
AG BARR: Well, at the time...
DEMOCRATIC CONGRESSPERSON: I'm reclaiming my time, sir. Do you have to be so rude?

🙂

The entire hearing went that way when it was a Dem's turn to ask Barr a question.

What a bunch of idiots. What's worse, they think they are being manipulative and swaying public perception...

Dorks...

Michael

The riots in America are here to stay, and to escalate, and to grow into full scale civil war.  America is finished.  Has been for some time.

But the rioters themselves are mere useful idiots and opportunists.  That's all.  "Black Lives Matter" is a front group for Marxists.  The founders of the group are "trained Marxists", as they have admitted openly in interviews.  Black lives matter to the media right now because the media is controlled by Leftists/ Liberals/Marxists.  But Black lives won't matter so much anymore after the election.  The useful idiots will be purged when the communists finally take power. It wont be long.

When Trump wins again in Nov. 2020, the riots will escalate into full scale war. 

The only way for forward for freedom now is through violence.

1 hour ago, The Unabashed Pragmatic said:

The riots in America are here to stay, and to escalate, and to grow into full scale civil war.  America is finished.  Has been for some time.

I don't know about civil war, or if that will be the path... I wonder with all this censoring if alternative social media platforms are going to divide people based on their stance on free speech (which is the issue as long as these companies are granted immunity under Section 230 of the CDA).

6 hours ago, Dglgmut said:

I don't know about civil war, or if that will be the path... I wonder with all this censoring if alternative social media platforms are going to divide people based on their stance on free speech (which is the issue as long as these companies are granted immunity under Section 230 of the CDA).

Trump came up with an Executive Order recently, aimed at countering their immunity.  Dunno what came of it, if anything.  Thus far, he's done zero to address conservatives being crushed for their speech on social media.  

The war is already well underway.  Lukewarm, but the temp is rising.  Look at any communist revolution and takeover and all the signs are there.  The takedown of law and order, statues torn down and wrecked, denial of violence by communists--while they're doing violence, massive debt, civil unrest in general, and more.  All this combined with economic downturn and the Covid nonsense and you're looking at a colour revolution, same as any our CIA has pulled off all over the world.   

The only ones who haven't showed up for the battle are the legacy Americans, those who love America, gun owners, militia, etc.  Nowhere to be found and/or busy working and paying Bill's and raising the family.

Plus we have lost the demographic.  As the Boomers die out quickly now we are left with a demographic of about 46% pro-American.  So we're fast becoming outnumbered on top of it all.  Sorry, folks, but immigrants and brown people in general, don't vote freedom.  They vote gimme, gimme, gimme.  

We're toast.  

The question is, what will rise out of the ashes?

25 minutes ago, The Unabashed Pragmatic said:

We're toast.  

The question is, what will rise out of the ashes?

I don't think there will be a rebellion. Every protester who crosses the line and starts burning and looting should be held in jail. I was once an Ocean city Maryland jail keeper at the substation jail watching women and juveniles. Women truly hate jail and the lack of privacy. They had to poop with no privacy. Gross.     

Every protester who throws bricks, cherry bombs or projectiles to kill or blind the police or national guardsmen should be held without bail awaiting trial for attempted murder.  One week of that and the law breakers will either be arrested or they will scurry away.

And remember, this is only happening in a few cities. It is in no way   all embracing like the Vietnam war protests. I remember Rand had an interesting article called something like, "Cashing in on the Student Rebellion." Peter

5 hours ago, The Unabashed Pragmatic said:

Trump came up with an Executive Order recently, aimed at countering their immunity.  Dunno what came of it, if anything.  Thus far, he's done zero to address conservatives being crushed for their speech on social media.  

U,

Wow.

President Trump signed the Executive Order late afternoon yesterday and you are already disappointed it hasn't changed America all over?

🙂

This is an example of what I call a remote control perspective. We all have recently been conditioned to change our realities by clicking a button. That's true for radio and TV and mobile devices. But the only thing we change is our perception. Reality moves at its own pace irrespective of how fast you want it to or perceive it to by switching the channel when reality gets boring.

Also, you seem to root for violence taking over. That's when your words express the most pleasurable excitement.

I do not. Violence sucks as a lifestyle. I speak from the experience of living next to it, actually right in the middle of it, for a chunk of my life.

If you want to see war erupt so badly, join the armed forces or join the enemy. Or go full on armed robbery criminal. Then live what you gush about and see it for yourself. That will give you a reality perspective.

Macho talk is cheap. Facing down bullets flying at you and people beating the shit out of you through ambush or a mob gunning or you is a tiny bit harder...

President Trump is about peace through law and order. Most of the people who support him understand that.

The riots in the US have only a couple of hundred people or so per city who are causing all the trouble. They are funded by Marxists and globalists. Once the funding goes away, they go away and the crowds they gin up go away. I am pretty sure things will settle down after the election because those core people who haven't gone away by then will go away soon after.

Michael

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Peter said:

I don't think there will be a rebellion. Every protester who crosses the line and starts burning and looting should be held in jail. I was once an Ocean city Maryland jail keeper at the substation jail watching women and juveniles. Women truly hate jail and the lack of privacy. They had to poop with no privacy. Gross.     

Every protester who throws bricks, cherry bombs or projectiles to kill or blind the police or national guardsmen should be held without bail awaiting trial for attempted murder.  One week of that and the law breakers will either be arrested or they will scurry away.

And remember, this is only happening in a few cities. It is in no way   all embracing like the Vietnam war protests. I remember Rand had an interesting article called something like, "Cashing in on the Student Rebellion." Peter

4 hours ago, Peter said:

Yes, it's mostly taking place in the Blue cities, of course, and always will.  And of course protestors who do violence should be locked up. But that is not the case in most cases.  Look what took place in Seattle recently with the CHAZ mess, and another attempted CHAZ in Portland.  Look at MPLS, now seriously considering disbanding the police department, if they haven't done it already. And as the rioting grows, the rioters, Antifa, BLM, etc., grow in numbers and become more sophisticated in their attacks.  We have no idea what will take place next.  And with the Covid nightmare dragging us into further economic ruin, they are already warning of the next plandemic, which they say will make this one look like child's play.  Bill and Melinda Gates already talking loud about it and pushing vaccines and microchips for the world.  As the crime, food shortages, joblessness escalates, gun confiscations will be inevitable.  Canada recently made new gun laws and a huge gun ban and grab.  They will be as defenseless as Western Europe soon.  US is already under martial law with the so-called "quarantine", which in reality is house arrest.  Thry are testing their mettle, finding out what they can get away with for now.  So far so good.  The Anerican sheep folded up and went home and locked themselves up and wear masks like the obedient slaves they truly are these days.  Meanwhile rioters and BLM can do as they please.  Lulzerskates.

I see the US breaking up, balkanized in this decade.  Mexico will take TX, and maybe AZ and NM.  The Chi-coms will take CA and Western Canada.  Russia will annex AK.  The Midwest, a sort no man's land.  The Eastern Seaboard will be what's left of the US, if anything.  Something like that.  I recently left NV, after seventeen years of watching it turn into a Blue state.  Vegas is simply an extension of LA now.  It rots.  Rampant homelessness, crime, a Sanctuary City.  Disgusting.  People leaving Cali in droves.  Once a Gokdrn State, it now looks like Bangladesh.  I call it Calidesh.  I simply won't go there anymore.  I moved to a small town in South Dakota, the number one Survivalist, Galt's Gulch state in North America.  Still nice and clean living here, low cost of living, low crime, and the state least affected by the Covid sham.  So far so good.  Steady as she goes.  Get out of the big cities, kids, buy lots of guns and food stores.  It's going to get uglier.  Much uglier.

6 hours ago, Dglgmut said:

Trmp came up with an Executive Order recently, aimed at countering thei

1 minute ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

U,

Wow.

President Trump signed the Executive Order late afternoon yesterday and you are already disappointed it hasn't changed America all over?

🙂

This is an example of what I call a remote control perspective. We all have recently been conditioned to change our realities by clicking a button. That's true for radio and TV and mobile devices. But the only thing we change is our perception. Reality moves at its own pace irrespective of how fast you want it to or perceive it to by switching the channel when reality gets boring.

Also, you seem to root for violence taking over. That's when your words express the most pleasurable excitement.

I do not. Violence sucks as a lifestyle. I speak from the experience of living next to it, actually right in the middle of it, for a chunk of my life.

If you want to see war erupt so badly, join the armed forces or join the enemy. Or go full on armed robbery criminal. Then live what you gush about and see it for yourself. That will give you a reality perspective.

Macho talk is cheap. Facing down bullets flying at you and people beating the shit out of you through ambush or a mob gunning or you is a tiny bit harder...

President Trump is about peace through law and order. Most of the people who support him understand that.

The riots in the US have only a couple of hundred people or so per city who are causing all the trouble. They are funded by Marxists and globalists. Once the funding goes away, they go away and the crowds they gin up go away. I am pretty sure things will settle down after the election because those core people who haven't gone away by then will go away soon after.

Michael

Not at all.  I don't root for violence.  But it's come to that.  No choice but to accept it and prepare.  I moved out into the middle of nowhere to escape the violence.  I've lived it all for too long.  I know what violence looks like when I see it.  Survivor here.  I'm getting older.  Time to take my Liberty elsewhere.  My new digs are working out great for me!  And thanks for your concern.  

Up to now with this Executive Order, Trump has done absolutely nothing about the social media censorship in nearly four years.  I'm not getting my hopes up.  

I have been watching us slide down the tube since the mid 1980s.  It never gets better.  Never.  No reason to think it will.  Optimism and wishful thinking changes nothing.  Thinking and action will.  I thought about these things for a long time and made my move.  Grateful.  Happy for it.  I do my best.  Always.

Speaking of violence, I am enormously tickled by what is happening to the Democrats right now with rioting. They can't get it to stop.

It's not nearly as bad as it seems, but it is out there and the Dems have lost control of it.

Here's why.

In my dark days in Brazil, I once had the urge to inflict some major damage on some people. The particulars are not important. I had a dear friend who was a reformed bank robber (I put him in the recording studio and we made music, and he became a close friend). He always told me he was out of the life, but anything I needed of that nature, just ask him. So I asked him how much it would cost to get some rough people from the favelas to go fuck up some other people. He said not that much, two or three hundred dollars.

He also said to think hard before pulling that trigger. That once those young dudes went in (on motorcycles) and started shooting, you can't get them to stop. They will stop when they are good and ready. And that means when they run out adrenaline or run out of things to steal.

🙂 

(I decided not to use that option. I figured that people who get wound up like that might get wound up at me in the end if they wanted more money. 🙂 )

I think there is an element of this in today's riots. The hardcore manipulators got their useful idiots on board, but now said idiots are living the revolutionary dream. The Dems are seeing that this is turning off voters and changed their minds. They want it to stop before it's too late to elect Biden (as if he had a chance in the first place), but the young revolutionaries are wound up and having a ball. They are lousy at recruiting and I am pretty sure the funding is drying up since the Dem masters are ignoring the riots in the press (Nadler is even saying this is a myth), so these riots will not grow. But the young idiots have to get it out of their system and the Dems don't know how to turn off the tap.

I'm having fun watching this.

Michael

3 minutes ago, The Unabashed Pragmatic said:

Not at all.  I don't root for violence.

U,

But your words do.

Check them and you'll see.

And I only have your words to go on.

I detect the remote control thing.

You want President Trump to turn America around on a dime like a speed boat. Reality doesn't work that way. The country is like an oil tanker or aircraft carrier. Turning one of those babies around takes a little longer and you have to have a large crew. It's not work for the impatient. But once it gets on course, it gets massive things done that a speed boat couldn't even dream about.

That's the game I'm in.

Michael

Styx is a guy I like--although I don't agree with him on several things, but, hell, he doesn't agree with me on several things, either 🙂 . But he's wicked smart and I get lots of value from his perspective at times.

He has a better handle on big picture social reality than most professional pundits and intellectuals I have seen. Including the reality of the riots right now.

In poker terms, the riots are a bluff.

They're like those college kid Antifa dorks who ramped up their emotional intensity into the red when one of them got shot in the leg with a rubber bullet and had a scratch on it. His friends were yelling about putting a tourniquet on his leg as they were cutting his pants off him. Friggn' LARPERS. 🙂 

(LARP means live action role playing game.)

Wanna see proof that the riots are a bluff?

The dorks are the useful idiots I mentioned above. 

Notice that when they try to export their riots to the suburbs and people come out of houses, stores and cars with guns pointed at them, they move on pretty quick.

Some revolution...

🙂

The riots are only working in small downtown areas of degraded lefie cities run by Democrats who badger their own police with massive stupidity. The media is complicit, so that makes things look worse or better depending on the political winds. But it's all a bluff.

Michael

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

The riots are only working in small downtown areas of degraded lefie cities run by Democrats who badger their own police with massive stupidity. The media is complicit, so that makes things look worse or better depending on the political winds. But it's all a bluff.

Leftism is basically a collection of bluffs. Unless you're under a repressive regime how are people really gonna revolt? It's an unconscious bluff, because they don't know if it will work or not... they're just experimenting at the cost of innocent people's livelihoods and sometimes lives.

6 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

U,

But your words do.

Check them and you'll see.

And I only have your words to go on.

I detect the remote control thing.

You want President Trump to turn America around on a dime like a speed boat. Reality doesn't work that way. The country is like an oil tanker or aircraft carrier. Turning one of those babies around takes a little longer and you have to have a large crew. It's not work for the impatient. But once it gets on course, it gets massive things done that a speed boat couldn't even dream about.

That's the game I'm in.

Michael

I don't expect Trump will turn things around at all.  I was hopeful in the first few months something might get done.  I was as surprised as anyone he even got elected.  But since then zero of his promises were kept.  Obamacare still firmly in place, though to his credit he did strike down the Individual Mandate;  there is no Wall; birthright citizenship still in place, though he promised to end it with his executive order, and which he could easily do; DACA--Trump swore would end immediately--is now being used by Trump to lure Hispanic voters to his base as he screams, "It's a path to citizenship!"  What?!  Wow.  What a turn-around!  Why the change of heart? Hmmm.  He's talking mandatory vaccines and towing the line with Fauci and Bill & Melinda Gates now.  He didn't drain the swamp--he FILLED it.  Every cabinet member is a swamp creature.  And many Obama holdovers still walking around freely with their security clearances, e.g., John Brennan.  OMG!  Trump is basically an incompetent Zionist who us not worth defending.  

I must say however I love Trump's war on the MSM.  He has single handedly, armed only with a Twitter account, exposed them and smashed their faces brilliantly.  I also love his war on China and he's hurting them where it counts.  Bravo!  

Perhaps in his second term he will do something noteworthy, but I doubt it.  

I want Vladimir Putin to come over here and take over.  The USA and Russia together would be an unstoppable force for good in the world.  Meantime, get in line for your Trump Operation Warp Speed, Bill Gates chip and a drip, kids! It's coming! Mandatory! Enjoy!

I was as surprised as anyone he even got elected.

U,

If you read the Trump thread, you will see that I was not surprised at all.

🙂

But since then zero of his promises were kept.

You might want to look here: As of September 2018, Trump Administration Accomplishments.

Since there there have been many other things. I can find lists if you like.

Michael