Michael Stuart Kelly

Coronavirus - The Light Side

On 5/23/2020 at 3:37 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

... this Karen is the same figure we see all the time in the shutdown.

(Karen is a meme name for an entitled irritating bossy female nag, especially of strangers. She is usually white and middle-aged. Nobody really knows why the name "Karen" and not another female name caught on. It just kind of emerged from the churn on the Internet.)

Here's another Karen. This one is freaking out over nothing in Central Park. She is also strangling her dog during her freak-out and not even realizing it.

I think the coronavirus shutdown is scaring Karens so much these days it is eating their brains.

🙂

Michael

Welcome to my hell. And Kat's...

This is Mayor Lightfoot of Chicago and the meme, although a quip, says about everything you need to know.

image.png

Fortunately, Kat and I live right outside of Chicago--Evanston. 

But don't think that's much of an improvement. Evanston is a college town right in the middle of Social Justice Warrior Heaven.

Man, am I paying for my sins...

🙂

Michael

Now for a little fun. From The New York Times Sunday puzzle by Patrick Berry. The puzzle was about furnishings.

Question. Whether to fold out or remain as couch? Answer. Sofas choice.

Question. Vehicles designed to transport China? Answer. Cupboard wagons

And here is my favorite!

Question. Furniture launched from The Starship Enterprise. Answer.  Futon torpedoes.  

On May 27, 2020 at 6:55 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Welcome to my hell. And Kat's...

This is Mayor Lightfoot of Chicago and the meme, although a quip, says about everything you need to know

Fortunately, Kat and I live right outside of Chicago--Evanston. 

But don't think that's much of an improvement. Evanston is a college town right in the middle of Social Justice Warrior Heaven.

Man, am I paying for my sins...

Michael

Mayor Lightfoot is in her element, and it isn't a pretty one.

Evanston and Northwestern sound like they've changed quite a bit since I went to university at Northwestern in the early 60s.  The town and the campus were considered stodgy, well behind the curve of the 60s.  It was said that all the campus radicals could meet in a small off-campus deli which was locale central for leftist agitation.

Ellen

On 5/27/2020 at 5:55 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

This is Mayor Lightfoot of Chicago...

The following video is off-topic, but I finally understand how the South Side of Chicago happened.

It's a jaw-dropper.

And the Democrats did that on purpose through crony deals.

Now I understand why the Dem-promoted social movements avoid talking about the high rate of shootings on the South Side of Chicago.

The Dem insiders made a shitload of money off of pushing all of Chicago's chronic poor to there while keeping the land where they had been.

My mind is duly blown...

Michael

From Ripley’s Believe it or Not. Odd but true and it may be happening to you!

I am receiving one tenth the junk mail and when I clean my computer it is about one tenth as much as before/ For instance when I use McAfee it takes about three seconds.  My conclusion is that many fewer people are working in the “harass your ass with ads” business.    

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Heh.

I got this from Michael Hurd.

image.png

🙂

Michael

That's a Bio Safety Level 4 space suit, pressurized. Not for SARS-CoV-2 butEbola, Marburg and Lassa fever etc. Hes in an echo chamber with many others who haven't quite found the right memes for millennials. I mean if millennials are listening (they're not). Take another point away for grammar. Forgot the s.

20 hours ago, turkeyfoot said:

That's a Bio Safety Level 4 space suit, pressurized.

T,

I don't think that is important to the humor (although I appreciate the info 🙂 ).

Exaggeration is one of the main ways humor works. And that photo (for those who are not technically aware) is really funny when contrasted to a bandana.

🙂 

Michael

41 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

T,

I don't think that is important to the humor (although I appreciate the info 🙂 ).

Exaggeration is one of the main ways humor works. And that photo (for those who are not technically aware) is really funny when contrasted to a bandana.

🙂 

Michael

Ok, ok. You  know what they say? If you have to explain? That goes for me trying to explain why it isn't funny too.

Your material IS the funniest of the bunch! lol

You can send a picture of your face to a site and it will print it on a mask. But when the person spoke, with the mask on, the bottom of their face and their mouth did not move and it was disconcerting and creepy. It was like . . . ghosts and "I see dead people."