Coronavirus

Peter

7 hours ago, anthony said:

The typical Dundee stereotype was quite valid up till about 20years ago. The amusing, rough n ready, outspoken, laid back Aussie, travelling the world, some I knew and worked with. I've been noticing a shift from family and friend connections over there. My daughter married one. There is trust in the Gvt (as Connolly noted) - but which has become more about obedience to an increasingly Nanny state. I hear of neighbors snitching others to the police for minor infractions. On top of that, there's been a growth in super-wealth and sophistication by Aussies, congregated around the major cities. They rather feel superior to a classic "yobbo" like Dundee (many of whom will still  certainly be found up north and the interior) and are fairly to very Leftist. The new Australian elitism plus leftism, plus  a nanny state with dictatorial powers (It's for your own good!). 

Wow. 20 years. Just goes to prove Reagan's warning: "Freedom is a fragile thing and it's never more than one generation away from extinction."

Hopefully those remaining Dundees are what we're seeing in those protests videos, and can turn the tide...

7 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

Wow. 20 years. Just goes to prove Reagan's warning: "Freedom is a fragile thing and it's never more than one generation away from extinction."

Hopefully those remaining Dundees are what we're seeing in those protests videos, and can tur the tide...

Right! I've been thinking about that very thing - one generation away...

Also struck me again, that what begins as dependency on the nanny state, from whom all blessings flow, is just a short hop from tyranny. Give any Gvt. powers (in an emergency, say, or by the people relinquishing personal responsibility) and they'll take it with both hands and seldom give it back. 

I mean, the usual crew, Stalin, Hitler etc., didn't ¬know¬ they were "evil dictators". As far as they were concerned, they had the noblest of intentions for their people. "Let us take care of you", the signal to run as fast as we can.

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately an old song and general truism. Weekly payroll tax deductions started as an emergency measure in the US during WW2. It passed the congress with a stipulation that at the cessation of hostilities the system of tax collection would revert to individual tax payer responsibility to ‘settle’ their liabilities by the traditional April date. But.. 

Three plus generations later US wage earners literally have no idea that paychecks contained gross wages , not the net pay or ‘take home’ amount. Every wage paying entity in the US is a de facto revenue agent.

5 hours ago, anthony said:

From a Facebook page, support from Canadian doctors:

"✨A Letter to the Unvaccinated✨
By Dr. Angela Durante, Prof Denis Rancourt, and et al.
Ontario Canada Civil Liberties Association August 2021
Open Letter to the global Unvaccinated
You are not alone! As of 28 July 2021, 29% of Canadians have not received a COVID-19 vaccine, and an additional 14% have received one shot. In the US and in the European Union, less than half the population is fully vaccinated, and even in Israel, the “world’s lab” according to Pfizer, one third of people remain completely unvaccinated.
Politicians and the media have taken a uniform view, scapegoating the unvaccinated for the troubles that have ensued after eighteen months of fearmongering and lockdowns. It’s time to set the record straight.
It is entirely reasonable and legitimate to say ‘no’ to insufficiently tested vaccines for which there is no reliable science. You have a right to assert guardianship of your body and to refuse medical treatments if you see fit. You are right to say ‘no’ to a violation of your dignity, your integrity and your bodily autonomy. It is your body, and you have the right to choose. You are right to fight for your children against their mass vaccination in school.
You are right to question whether free and informed consent is at all possible under present circumstances. Long-term effects are unknown. Transgenerational effects are unknown. Vaccine-induced deregulation of natural immunity is unknown. Potential harm is unknown as the adverse event reporting is delayed, incomplete and inconsistent between jurisdictions.
You are being targeted by mainstream media, government social engineering campaigns, unjust rules and policies, collaborating employers, and the social-media mob. You are being told that you are now the problem and that the world cannot get back to normal unless you get vaccinated. You are being viciously scapegoated by propaganda and pressured by others around you.
Remember; there is nothing wrong with you.
You are inaccurately accused of being a factory for new SARS-CoV-2 variants, when in fact, according to leading scientists, your natural immune system generates immunity to multiple components of the virus. This will promote your protection against a vast range of viral variants and abrogates further spread to anyone else.
You are justified in demanding independent peer-reviewed studies, not funded by multinational pharmaceutical companies. All the peer-reviewed studies of short-term safety and short-term efficacy have been funded, organized, coordinated, and supported by these for-profit corporations; and none of the study data have been made public or available to researchers who don’t work for these companies.
You are right to question the preliminary vaccine trial results. The claimed high values of relative efficacy rely on small numbers of tenuously determined “infections.” The studies were also not blind, where people giving the injections admittedly knew or could deduce whether they were injecting the experimental vaccine or the placebo. This is not acceptable scientific methodology for vaccine trials.
You are correct in your calls for a diversity of scientific opinions. Like in nature, we need a polyculture of information and its interpretations. And we don’t have that right now. Choosing not to take the vaccine is holding space for reason, transparency and accountability to emerge.
You are right to ask, ‘What comes next when we give away authority over our own bodies?’
Do not be intimidated. You are showing resilience, integrity and grit.
You are coming together in your communities, making plans to help one another and standing for scientific accountability and free speech, which are required for society to thrive. We are among many who stand with you.
Angela Durante, PhD
Denis Rancourt, PhD
Claus Rinner, PhD
Laurent Leduc, PhD
Donald Welsh, PhD
John Zwaagstra, PhD
Jan Vrbik, PhD
Valentina Capurri, PhD"

Bravo!!!!!

Bravisimo!

In fiction writing, you need two strong elements to resonate within the audience for the story to work and become successful.

1. A character(s) that the audience can bond with.

2. High stakes for that character(s).

No character, no bond, no high stakes--if any one of these are missing--no successful story.

In propaganda of the sort used today's soap opera thriller, The Coronavirus Identity, the character is replaced by the audience member or the loved ones of the same. Therefore the character and bond already exist.

But what happens if the stakes go mushy?

What happens in this case is that propaganda story collapses.

It stops influencing people once they are aware of these fizzled stakes.

:) 

And if you are writing fiction with squishy stakes, nobody buys the book.

:)

There's a reason they censor.

Michael

On 9/6/2021 at 7:54 PM, Ellen Stuttle said:

I had my annual check-up last week and informed my doctor of a thing or two (or more) when he was surprised at my not having gotten any of the Covid shots.

He hadn’t so much as heard of Robert Malone - or of figures for Israel past June, when, briefly, the stats were looking favorable for the "vaccination" program.

Dr. Malone endorsed Dr. Byram Bridle during a podcast interview of his I was listening to. I did a search and it looks like Dr. Bridle has not been mentioned on these forums, but he is an excellent source by my judgment and in comparison to everything I have read and listened to so far. He has been on Fox twice to explain how bad the vaccine misinformation is, and a moderately analytical mind would have no problem following him. It's shocking that such blatant contradictions are able to stay credible for so long...

This is a video with both of his Fox appearances, which provide a succinct summary of the issues he's been voicing concerning the mRNA vaccines.

d0248fb2eee348d4.png
ODYSEE.COM

This is the same that Dr. Sucharit Bhakdi explains about Spike Proteins

Since then, though, I have started to question how deep the misinformation goes. If doctors and scientists have been manipulated in the case of "COVID-19", could the foundation of the lies go back farther than just the research lab in Wuhan?

Here is a New Zealand doctor who makes excellent videos covering the systemic problems in modern scientific practices. This one, specifically about the novel coronavirus, like most of her others, is pretty densely informative. She discusses the discovery of the "virus", testing method, and some of the conflicts of interest between scientific authorities and test kit/vaccine manufacturers. Her videos have made me more skeptical of germ theory and I now think environmental factors could be the real cause of diseases attributed to viruses.

4182afa36791ffa4.jpg
ODYSEE.COM

Dr Sam will take you back to December 2019 and highlight some of the key concepts that have been used to FUEL this crisis. Please support...

7 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

"Ask your doctor. Trust the science." Especially Doctor Fauci. Because "science", or something...

What's the most anti-science thing you can do? Hijack the term and use it to denote specious and/or convoluted circular reasoning.

Like anything the public respects, science has been targeted by those hungry for power.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

In fiction writing, you need two strong elements to resonate within the audience for the story to work and become successful.

1. A character(s) that the audience can bond with.

2. High stakes for that character(s).

No character, no bond, no high stakes--if any one of these are missing--no successful story.

In propaganda of the sort used today's soap opera thriller, The Coronavirus Identity, the character is replaced by the audience member or the loved ones of the same. Therefore the character and bond already exist.

But what happens if the stakes go mushy?

Michael

Exactly, MSK, plot and characterisation that's gone mushy. Where's the hero? Where's the villain? Who's the oppressor, who's the victim?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, anthony said:

Where's the hero? Where's the villain? Who's the oppressor, who's the victim?

Human rights belong to all humans. People of any persuasion hold up half the sky. Everyone united is stronger than a country divided. Virtue can only flourish among equals. Hear our voice. Our voice is our future. So remember! Blue Eyes Matter. Paid for by the “Blue Eyes Matter Movement.”

On 9/7/2021 at 9:30 PM, tmj said:

Just imagine what Australia is going to look like when/if draconian lockdowns are eased. Their response has so far limited transmission but unless they institute permanent lockdowns at some point the spread will exponentially increase.

Yes, one would expect a temporary spike in cases. I'm the last one to grant the inhumane "lock down" policy the least credit. Researched impartially, I still have not found a convincing prevention of fatalities through locking down. A reduction in transmission rate (so "flattening the curve") one would expect, but I can't see the desired effects. Several countries, like in the EU, were as draconian as Australia and suffered large mortality.. Comparisons between US states, in deaths per 100K, have showed roughly equal numbers, with the relaxed policies of an e.g. Florida (with a more aging population), being (at one time, anyway) somewhat better than another with lockdowns enforced.

I'm sure the Australian Gvt. would like to take the kudos by its pro-active enforcement for the remarkably low numbers. I heard of Aussies being self-congratulatory for the gvt. 'caring for our lives'. Unjustified, largely, I think. There are too many factors, like the over all fitness of a population, lower obesity, the climate, its extremely low average pop. density, more outdoors living etc., which favor Australians (and NZ'ers).

In line with the logical, "targeted" method, all they need doing, is immediately drop the lockdown for the great majority - but - keep the elderly/etc/etc.. self-isolated and protected until getting vaccinated, if they so choose - and fatalities would/should remain low.

But, instead: those Nanny bureaucrats would rather single out the "selfish anti- vaxxers" for vilification and punish them with economic, and other, Lock-Outs, if remaining vaccine non-compliant.

And highlight the need for 'culture' to raise above the age old meme and dispel the pull to fall into the trap of assigning scapegoat status to people rather than to things like viruses.

I'm sure some academic can make a case that for societal flourishing the game theory aspects of 'scapegoating' served some kind of 'meta' positive. "In group/out group" dynamics and the actions precipitated by such identifications and strategies mostly likely favor the majorities and homogeneity of certain groups , but that feels like those ,if any, positive  benefits should have sufficed and then been eradicated post Enlightenment, yeah ?

I'm not anti vaxx , but I am hardcore skeptical of the jabs and all the institutions pushing them .

I like Eric Weinstein , or I like the way he describes the things he thinks. I think he is very insightful about 'institutions' and 'systems' and such , his podcast The Portal has some very interesting conversations. He made a statement about his decision to get vaccinated , I don't exactly grok his confidence in it but his motivation is interesting. He says , not an outwardly humble man btw, imagine the courage one must have to believe known liars. He thinks the institutional elites have so poorly handled their power and hold on the institutions that the institutions are now almost entirely corrupted , but that there must exist some semblance or residual innate 'proper' function of them to produce a thing , like the jabs, that still 'work' even if by accident.

19 hours ago, Dglgmut said:

What's the most anti-science thing you can do? Hijack the term and use it to denote specious and/or convoluted circular reasoning.

Like anything the public respects, science has been targeted by those hungry for power.

Speak of the devil...
"The CDC Just Made an Orwellian Change to the Definition of ‘Vaccine’ and ‘Vaccination'"

"For your entire life, you’ve known that when you get vaccinated, you’re protected from a particular disease. You’ve probably been vaccinated for such diseases as polio, tetanus, measles, diphtheria, and others, and you no longer have to worry about them, because the whole reason your parents took you to the doctor to get those shots was to protect you from those diseases...

"This is why the CDC says that vaccines provide immunity, which means that we can be exposed to a disease without becoming infected by it.

"At least they used to.

"A recent change on the CDC website should disturb all of us because it appears that the CDC is trying to change how we understand vaccinations."

addc90ac-0daa-4ae9-97e9-3fb82c801db6-120
PJMEDIA.COM

For your entire life, you’ve known that when you get vaccinated, you’re protected from a particular disease. You’ve probably been vaccinated...

7 hours ago, tmj said:

And highlight the need for 'culture' to raise above the age old meme and dispel the pull to fall into the trap of assigning scapegoat status to people rather than to things like viruses.

I'm sure some academic can make a case that for societal flourishing the game theory aspects of 'scapegoating' served some kind of 'meta' positive. "In group/out group" dynamics and the actions precipitated by such identifications and strategies mostly likely favor the majorities and homogeneity of certain groups , but that feels like those ,if any, positive  benefits should have sufficed and then been eradicated post Enlightenment, yeah ?

I'm not anti vaxx , but I am hardcore skeptical of the jabs and all the institutions pushing them .

The position many share, I believe. Most so-called "anti's" can be wholly in favor of vaccinations, in principle and practical benefits - and can still think rationally, without contradiction: not for me, not yet, perhaps in a year or two. I'm presently healthy, a high antibody count, or natural immunity, etc.

Who benefits? I notice many people struggling, guiltily, with a vague idea we know as ¬rational self-interest¬ in regard to vaccinations which they have found is instantly attacked as being "selfish". True.

Should one dutifully consider the universal good above one's own? Or does one dare consider one's life and body, first? 

(Here, the ethics around the pandemic handling and subsequent lock downs, vaccinating, lock outs, is where I'd expected Objectivist scholars to show their mettle, but there have only been middle of the road platitudes focused on rights and means, alone, that I have seen).

"Assigning scapegoat status to people rather than to things like viruses". Absolutely! Let's punish the humans rather than the virus - or, 'attack' the virus by way of people who, potentially, possibly, carry it.

That one word which threw everyone into panic and into automatic, sacrificial policies:

Communicable.

7 hours ago, tmj said:

50 minutes ago, anthony said:

The position many share, I believe. Most can be strongly in favor of vaccinations, in principle and practical benefits - and can still think, without contradiction: not for me, not yet, perhaps later on. I'm healthy, a high antibody count, or natural immunity, etc.

Repeating:  The mRNA "jabs" are not "vaccinations".  They're experimental cell-mechanism alterers.

Why do you suppose the CDC has - Orwellianly - changed its definition of "vaccine" as of September 1, 2021?

See the article TG cited three posts above:

addc90ac-0daa-4ae9-97e9-3fb82c801db6-120
PJMEDIA.COM

For your entire life, you’ve known that when you get vaccinated, you’re protected from a particular disease. You’ve probably been vaccinated for such diseases as polio, tetanus, meas...

Excerpt:

So in a week, a vaccine went from being something that “produces immunity to a specific disease” to something that merely “stimulates the body’s immune response against diseases,” and a vaccination no longer “produces immunity” to a disease, just “protection” from a disease.

Does anyone else find this disturbing? Why did the CDC suddenly redefine “vaccine” and “vaccination” to make them sound similar to your basic non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug or a prescription drug you have to keep taking regularly?

No explanation for the change is given.

Is this part of the Biden administration’s efforts to make the public accept regular COVID-19 boosters by changing how we understand the purpose of vaccines? 

Ellen

On the news . . . they reported that fully vaccinated people now have a one percent chance of getting "it" down from two percent. I guess as more people are getting fully vaccinated the percentages may be truer to reality.

Everyone in my extended family but two, are fully vaccinated and none of us has gotten "it." And no kids have gotten it. 

16 hours ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

The mRNA "jabs" are not "vaccinations".

So you say. 

From June this year, in Nature: 

Six months of COVID vaccines: what 1.7 billion doses have taught scientists

20 hours ago, Peter said:

On the news . . . they reported that fully vaccinated people now have a one percent chance of getting "it" down from two percent. I guess as more people are getting fully vaccinated the percentages may be truer to reality.

Everyone in my extended family but two, are fully vaccinated and none of us has gotten "it." And no kids have gotten it. 

Do you know any people who've had negative reactions?

I know several... which makes me question the 1 in tens-of-thousands claims. Someone in my family got Bell's palsy. My father still has kidney pain, four months later, which started with hematuria... He has more tests scheduled, but he has already gone through a few looking for traces of kidney stones, which have all turned up negative. A friend of a friend had their knees swell up and was bed ridden for two months. A lady I know had half her body go numb right after, and still has neck pain months later--she had to get a MRI.

But the other thing is, even though I was skeptical of the vaccines from the beginning, I didn't even connect these side effects to the vaccine until quite a while after the fact. Most doctors certainly wouldn't! (And didn't... even in the case of Bell's palsy.) So it's not just the rare cases of bad reactions, it's the fact that I know most people are not really considering the connection between their health conditions and the vaccine. Everyone who got jabbed should have had regular follow ups from their doctors... it's crazy to me that virtually everyone was just sent on their way without any monitoring, while a significant percentage of the few who questioned what happened to them were sent to get invasive, unrelated tests by their doctors.

1 hour ago, Dglgmut said:

But the other thing is, even though I was skeptical of the vaccines from the beginning, I didn't even connect these side effects to the vaccine until quite a while after the fact. Most doctors certainly wouldn't!

Sorry to hear about those instances of possible reactions. I know of one person who stayed in bed a day after the second? vax. I guess medical school did not prepare those doctors to practice medicine. Or someone reporting "their facts" is putting one and one together and getting three. For me it was a sore arm for a day or two. I go where I please and I don't mask up. But I do wake up each morning feeling gooood.  

Thank God there are still a few real journalists left.

Sharyl Attkisson has compiled one hell of a festival of scientific papers and reports on concerns about the COVID-19 vaccines.

It's a loooooooooong list, too.

(UPDATED) Exclusive Summary: Covid-19 Vaccine Concerns

You won't see most of the items in this list in the mainstream news. You will only see them in top peer-reviewed science journals and the like. (btw - Sharyl give links, lots and lots and lots of links.)

As to the compilation itself, there are very, very few places I know of anywhere that offer such a compilation. 

Sharyl divided the concerns into four areas of focus: safety, vaccine, country, and additional reading and studies. I have provided the main categories below so you can get a surface-skim idea of the depth and breadth of Sharyl's work, essentially meaning what's out there. What exists. What is science, not propaganda. After all, Sharyl did not write this stuff. She just compiled it.

SAFETY

General
Lymphadenopathy
Appendicitis
Herpes Zoster Infection
Acute CNS Demyelination and Multiple Sclerosis
Functional Neurological Disorder (FND)
Antibody Dependent Enhancement (ADE)
Waning immunity
Bell's Palsy
Heart Issues
Blood Clots and Blood Disorders
Graves disease autoimmune disorder
Frail, elderly
Pregnant women
Previously-infected
Manufacturing problems
Lack of immunity

VACCINE

Pfizer and Moderna

Acute CNS Demyelination and Multiple Sclerosis
Waning Immunity
Functional Neurological Disorder (FND)
Antibody Dependent Enhancement (ADE)
Guillain-Barre autoimmune paralysis
Blood Clots
Heart inflammation
Frail, elderly
Graves Disease

Johnson and Johnson

(A non-sorted list of cases with the trouble mentioned for each case.)

AstraZeneca (not given in the U.S.)

(A non-sorted list of cases with the trouble mentioned for each case.)

COUNTRY

Austria
Brazil
Bulgaria
Denmark
European Union
Hong-Kong
Iceland
India
Israel
Italy
Mexico
Norway
Romania
Spain
Sweden
Turkey
UK
US

ADDITIONAL READING AND STUDIES

(A non-categorized list of studies and reports with the trouble mentioned for each item.)

For people who want facts and not just anecdotes or mainstream propaganda, here is a great place to start. Go to Sharyl's article linked above and set aside a month or two to read it all.

btw - She constantly updates this list, so more categories might be added as time goes on.

Michael

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dglgmut said:

But the other thing is, even though I was skeptical of the vaccines from the beginning, I didn't even connect these side effects to the vaccine until quite a while after the fact. 

"...until quite a while after..." is significant, Dglgmut.

Time will tell. This has clearly been an extremely brief sampling period for vaccine efficacy and deleterious side effects. Can anyone logically expect the (statistically minor, right) rate of reported side effects -  1. to vanish to zero 2. to remain constant 3. to increase ... given a longer period? Factoring in further booster jabs?

The rational money has to be on 3.

i.e., Causality and multiplying effects in human bodies in time.

So the absolute certain omniscience displayed by experts is fantastical, quasi-religious. They protesteth too much.

In the mean time, may each make his/her own risk/benefit decisions, please? Could be some healthy, young ones don't want to become a needless vaccine statistic. (Oh, too bad, you fell into that x % which was going to suffer abc - sorry!)

• Like 1

I'm sure everybody is sooooooooo happy for Moderna.

stephane-bancel-moderna.jpg?ve=1&tl=1
WWW.FOXBUSINESS.COM

Moderna has started submitting data for the evaluation of a third booster dose at the 50 µg dose level to both the Food and Drug Administration and the European Medicines Agency. The booster...

Question me this. What is the fundamental difference between Big Pharma and Mexican drug cartels?

Well, Big Pharma does some good things, but so do Mexican drug cartels.

There is only one fundamental difference.

Legality.

Both Big Pharma and Mexican drug cartels seek addicts as their main business model. And that includes people who don't get high, but feel compelled to take the same drug over and over for as long as they live.

Michael

• Like 1