Coronavirus

Peter

23 hours ago, Jonathan said:

It's a good thing that we can't catch viruses that sneak out the sides of unsealed masks, but only from particles which move forward from our mouths and noses. Otherwise we'd have to take that side leakage into consideration, and maybe even aim our cameras at it, instead of making very sure to avoid recording and showing any of that.

Duct tape that sucker on! (Kidding)

Where is Covid-19 the most worst-iest? The Red Neck Riviera! That is a funny name.

GULF SHORES, Ala. (AP) — Tourists and servers alike dance atop tables and in the aisles at one restaurant on the “Redneck Riviera,” a beloved stretch of towns along the northern Gulf Coast where beaches, bars and stores are packed. Yet just a few miles away, a hospital is running out of critical care beds, its rooms full of unvaccinated people fighting for their lives.

On maps that show virus “hot spots” in red, this part of the U.S. coast is glowing like a bad sunburn. And a summer of booming tourism that followed the lockdowns and travel restrictions of 2020 is making the turn toward fall with only a few signs of slowing down . . . .

From the same AP article:

"While urging people to get vaccinated, state leaders including Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey have resisted imposing new restrictions, even as hospital beds fill up. On Monday, officials said 1,560 patients needed intensive care treatment in Alabama, where hospitals have just 1,562 ICU beds."

OMG, they're all gonna die!

Wait though , five minute search, Alabama has 32 icu beds per 100k population ( as of 2019) , out of 4.9 million+ 2019 population , Alabama has 1 icu bed for every 695 person 60+ yrs of age, in 2019 diabetes has a 13.5% prevalence and obesity has a 36.12% prevalence.

Add that to all the surgeries and medical treatment screenings and disease detection that was put on hold for the better part of the last two years , plus 'all' the covid related care it seems about right , regardless 'case number hotspots' . ( nowhere in the article does it quote a health 'person' saying that the icu usage is for or even predominately for covid, and the hotspot riviera isn't the whole state, but the icu bed totals are for the entire state.)

oh and Fuck the CCP

• Upvote 2

"Pfizer board member James C Smith was CEO of Thomson Reuters Corporation until 2020, and is currently chairman of the Thomson Reuters Foundation. Reuters has failed to disclose this conflict of interest in all of their very favorable coverage of Pfizer & their vaccine."

"Vaccine purchasers must “indemnify, defend and hold harmless Pfizer … from and against any and all suits, claims, actions, demands, losses, damages, liabilities, settlements, penalties, fines, costs and expenses … arising out of, relating to, or resulting from the vaccine."

shocking-Pfizer-indemnity-agreement-feat
CHILDRENSHEALTHDEFENSE.ORG

Vaccine purchasers must “indemnify, defend and hold harmless Pfizer … from and against any and all suits, claims, actions, demands, losses...

This is what the opposition argument looks like in essentials.

a7cc867e1c4befbd74863d039190928d_500x0.j
GETTR.COM

The FDA just approved the Pfizer vaccine and studies are showing it to be 40% effective. So the FDA is saying the vaccine is as healthy for you as The McRib. It’s time we focus on treatments instead of forcing...

Needless to say, I agree.

Medicine, not 40% experimental vaccines.

Michael

I read the letter at the FDA site when the news broke ( actually when I saw it OL : ) ) and it says that Pfizer needs to submit certain studies , most with a completion date of a few years, one study is slated to be completed in 2027 . What I don't yet know is if other approval letters for past vaccines have similar language/ components. Is it regular practice with vaccines to grant full use approval before studies are complete ? Perhaps it is , just not sure .

10 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Medicine, not 40% experimental vaccines.

On the nightly news, it said it was 92 percent effective . . . down from a much higher number (95?) a month ago. I suggest getting the Pfizer. Look at the science. 40 percent is a lie.    

6 hours ago, Peter said:

Look at the science.

Peter,

Which science?

The science from Group of Scientists A or Group of Scientists B?

There are actually more groups and they don't agree with each other.

So how to choose?

Has science now turned into a reality show where the public votes on winners?

I learned science according to a different standard. Things like trial and error, observation, controlled experiments, repeatable results, and so on. 

Michael

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Which science?

The science President Trump was thinking about at his Alabama rally when he suggested people get "the shot." The crowd booed him. Will you join with them and boo President Trump? Come on. Let's hear a big boo.

7 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Peter,

Which science?

The science from Group of Scientists A or Group of Scientists B?

There are actually more groups and they don't agree with each other.

So how to choose?

Has science now turned into a reality show where the public votes on winners?

I learned science according to a different standard. Things like trial and error, observation, controlled experiments, repeatable results, and so on. 

Michael

607708d911e20d8c58813dea_reddoors-1200x7
WWW.ATLASSOCIETY.ORG

Repeatedly this year we have heard the admonition, from acolytes of Covid-19 lockdowns, to “follow the science.” Many of the admonishers...

• Upvote 1

One more observation about Trump's Alabama booing. The state has one of the lowest vaccination levels in all the 50 states. AND every Intensive Care Unit or ICU is FILLED in the state of Alabama. I would not doubt that many in those ICU beds are regretting not getting the vaccine. But what ya gunna do with . . . irrationality, misinformation, and not adhering to a rational philosophy, etc., etc., etc.? 

17 minutes ago, anthony said:
607708d911e20d8c58813dea_reddoors-1200x7
WWW.ATLASSOCIETY.ORG

Repeatedly this year we have heard the admonition, from acolytes of Covid-19 lockdowns, to “follow the science.” Many of the admonishers...

Excepts from the article:

Repeatedly this year we have heard the admonition, from acolytes of Covid-19 lockdowns, to “follow the science.” Many of the admonishers presume that lockdown skeptics are myopic, “anti-science” miscreants infected with a reckless disregard for human health, safety, and life. Yes, some people are so emotional, phobic, religious, or political that they cannot reason right; but can there be no rational, healthy skepticism about the health effects of Covid-19 or the health-wealth effects of lockdowns? Nothing can be farther from the truth – nothing farther from . . . science.

---
Covid-19 bullies use science language to shield themselves from criticism and cloak their nefarious designs; they seem to sense that most Americans still respect science (not despotism).
---
For the most part, the investigation of Covid-19 has been scientific. Some of the best work has been done by the much-maligned pharmaceutical companies (e.g., Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca) while developing vaccines. In general, commercially motivated science is more practical than purely academic science and less corrupt than politically supported science. Tragically, many politicized health agencies in 2020 – e.g., the WHO (World Health Organization), CDC (Centers for Disease Control), the FDA (Food and Drug Administration), the NIH (National Institutes of Health) and HHS (Health and Human Services) – gave undue voice and power to a wide array of charlatans and political hacks in the epidemiological community. These agencies publicized and empowered various quacks who denied the source of Covid-19, overrated the efficacy of its mitigants (masking, social distancing, lockdowns), or exaggerated its positivity and lethality (generally and by sub-groups). As AIER has described it, “The Modelers Thought of Everything Except Reality.”

---

Obviously, in 2020 we have not witnessed elected officials (or their advisors) “following the science” of politics. Armed with dubious epidemiology and unreal conceptions of “public health policy,” they have imposed authoritarian lockdowns; they have violated rights to assemble, worship, speak, live, and work (earn a livelihood); they have severely eroded human liberty, safety, security, and prosperity. They’ve also allowed (and left unpunished) rioting, looting, and arson. They’ve condoned a spreading “rule of lawlessness” in streets and in voting systems alike.

---

If science had been followed in 2020 – in all fields – we’d be much healthier and wealthier than we now are. But control freaks have used Covid-19 to justify still more government controls, still more statism. In every field they’ve cited chaos as an (alleged) reason to “reimagine” (i.e., sabotage) capitalism – a system they hated already, pre-virus – to promote despotism, a system they preferred already. For such people, crises are to be welcomed, if necessary, even concocted.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Peter said:

One more observation about Trump's Alabama booing. The state has one of the lowest vaccination levels in all the 50 states. AND every Intensive Care Unit or ICU is FILLED in the state of Alabama. I would not doubt that many in those ICU beds are regretting not getting the vaccine. But what ya gunna do with . . . irrationality, misinformation, and not adhering to a rational philosophy, etc., etc., etc.? 

Hospital ICUs being maxed out in NYC while nurses were dancing and making videos on Tiktok.

Not sure I can accept the ICU numbers on anything these days.

Makes sense about the booing if your Bama numbers are correct which I'm sure they are.

Roll Tide

4 hours ago, Peter said:

Peter, It's not irrational for the young and healthy, or previously infected and with immunity, to prefer not to get vaccinated. That number already have, or will acquire, natural herd immunity. Which in the long run is healthier (and they can vaccinate years later on, if they want).

Then sure, it would be very rational for those who aren't any of the above to vaccinate. By their informed personal risk-assessment and choice.

If vaccination is undertaken solely for one's social duty, that is not rational nor Objectivist. Inoculating individuals has always been for the sake of the individual's health - now it's for 'society' - by people who don't need it? Well you know about the irrationality of altruism.

Who benefits? This fanatical drive to mandate vaccines - by Government force - and by companies etc. (within their rights) at the workplace, in public, in schools, for travel and in leisure activities is horrific, shades of a fascist future. (Show me your papers!). This episode is like a test case for Western freedoms.  Individual choice and rights rule, else freedoms drain, and that's rational.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Peter said:

The science President Trump was thinking about at his Alabama rally when he suggested people get "the shot." The crowd booed him. Will you join with them and boo President Trump? Come on. Let's hear a big boo.

Peter,

I don't read minds, not even Trump's.

Science to me, once again, deals with trial and error, observation, controlled experiments, repeatable results, and so on. Like I learned way back in high school and before.

I don't do science based on who the crowds boo or applaud. So far, you have stated that your standard for medical science is what the doctors you consult say. And now, crowds. I think you also mentioned TV news, but I won't hold you to that one. I mean, we all have our moments of rhetorical excess... :) 

I want to meet you halfway here, but I can't use those standards. They are not rational standards of science, not the ones I use. And even meeting you where you are, doctors and crowds disagree with each other so much, they are not standards at all. Just markers of tribe.

As to booing Trump at that moment in his speech, I probably would have booed him. He pushed the approval so hard, the scientists employed by Fauci's Wuhan/WHO/Gates mafia, the FDA and the giant pharmaceutical companies involved that they fudged the science and instituted a humongous propaganda campaign--and even coverup.

Trump's heart was in the right place when he pushed these people, but now is later than then. And now he has be aware of all the problems, including the disagreements by equally accredited scientists and doctors and other medical personnel. 

I applaud Trump's comment that people have their freedoms and even that the vaccines are available. I boo his comment presenting enthusiastic certainty over something nobody is certain of, not rationally. 

Plenty of people are certain of the vaccines emotionally (both sides). But rational certainty needs rational standards and rational processes for verification, both of which are missing in the vaccine controversy.

And I only boo Trump's enthusiastic certainty because his comment gives morale to the authoritarians who are bullying and censoring American citizens and he is smart enough to know it.

About the vaccines, there is plenty of bullshit going around. Even with Trump.

Not too much reason.

(And, yes, I'm still a huge Trump supporter.)

Michael

• Upvote 2

On 8/23/2021 at 12:52 PM, tmj said:

I read the letter at the FDA site when the news broke ( actually when I saw it OL : ) ) and it says that Pfizer needs to submit certain studies , most with a completion date of a few years, one study is slated to be completed in 2027 . What I don't yet know is if other approval letters for past vaccines have similar language/ components. Is it regular practice with vaccines to grant full use approval before studies are complete ? Perhaps it is , just not sure .

T,

There actually is monkey-business going on. It works like this--and I'm going to use general terms for ease of doing this. People interested in the technical things can look at the videos below.

1. There were two letters issued by the FDA, one for extending the Pfizer emergency use authorization and another, a full authorization for a DIFFERENT vaccine under a different name (BioNTech) that is similar to the current Pfizer one.

2. The current Pfizer vaccine, which is available and under emergency use authorization, includes a liability shield. No matter what the vaccine does to you, even if it kills you and that is proven, Pfizer is not liable.

3. The BioNTech vaccine, which has the trade name of "Comirnaty," has full FDA approval, albeit granted under sketchy conditions. But it is not even available yet, and it DOES NOT include a liability shield. That means people can sue BioNTech if (when) things get funky, that is when (if) this vaccine gets used.

This smells fishy to me, but what do I know?

Just to speculate, suppose the BioNTech vaccine never goes to market even though it has full FDA approval. That means the emergency vaccines with liability shields will continue to be used and big pharma doesn't have to worry about any lawsuits ever. Yet their spinmasters can keep crowing to the four winds that their vaccines have full authorization. It's just the paperwork hasn't been completed.

Meanwhile people keep on dying or getting fucked up bad and big pharma keeps the coffers full.

If I were to structure a vaccine con, that's more or less how I would do it. But that's just me. 

If you want to see the videos of Dr. Malone discussing this with Steven Bannon, see below.

60Hkc.qR4e.1.jpg
RUMBLE.COM

Dr. Malone Sounds Alarm On Liability Coverage Of Pfizer Vax

and

a7Hkc.qR4e.jpg
RUMBLE.COM

Kids At More Risk For Cardio Disease From Vax Than They Are From Covid

and

WdIkc.qR4e.1.jpg
RUMBLE.COM

Pfizer Seeking Full Indemnification

Michael

2 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

If I were to structure a vaccine con, that's more or less how I would do it. But that's just me. 

The following was a surprise to me.

SURVEY: Most doctors are skipping Covid-19 vaccine DATED: JUNE 18, 2021 BY SHARYL ATTKISSON. The following is an excerpt from a post by the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons.

Of the 700 physicians responding to an internet survey by the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS), nearly 60 percent said they were not “fully vaccinated” against COVID. This contrasts with the claim by the American Medical Association that 96 percent of practicing physicians are fully vaccinated. This was based on 300 respondents. Neither survey represents a random sample of all American physicians, but the AAPS survey shows that physician support for the mass injection campaign is far from unanimous.

“It is wrong to call a person who declines a shot an ‘anti-vaxxer,’” states AAPS executive director Jane Orient, M.D. “Virtually no physicians are ‘anti-antibiotics’ or ‘anti-surgery,’ whereas all are opposed to treatments that they think are unnecessary, more likely to harm than to benefit an individual patient, or inadequately tested.”

The AAPS survey also showed that 54 percent of physician respondents were aware of patients suffering a “significant adverse reaction.” Of the unvaccinated physicians, 80 percent said “I believe risk of shots exceeds risk of disease,” and 30% said “I already had COVID.”

• Like 1

Meet your new master.

IMG_4482.jpg
WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

These Marxists don’t even hide it anymore and they are getting way too comfortable talking like this. New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio joined MSNBC to talk about his city’s new vaccine requirements for public...

In other words, don't bitch. Just bow and suck it up. It's time for blind obedience.

Somehow, I don't think this is going to turn out well for De Blasio.

Cuomo just got run off. Now it's his turn.

Michael