Coronavirus

Peter

Here we are, most of a century after some major events as listed below and it seems we are back in a cold war with Russia and China.  Considering the lasting “big picture” and if you were an advisor to President Trump in 2024, what would you advise?

Notes. The armed conflict in Korea, which began in 1950, lasted three years and claimed the lives of millions of Korean soldiers and civilians on both sides, hundreds of thousands of Chinese soldiers, and more than 36,000 U.S. soldiers. However, the United States never formally declared war on North Korea, China, or the Soviet Union.

Nixon’s Foreign Policy. President Nixon pursued two important policies that both culminated in 1972. In February he visited Beijing, setting in motion normalization of relations with the People's Republic of China. In May, he traveled to the Soviet Union and signed agreements that contained the results of the first Strategic Arms Limitation Treaty talks (SALT I), and new negotiations were begun to extend further arms control and disarmament measures.

The Soviet Union collapsed fully on December 25, 1991. After 75 years, the Communist Party was no longer in power. Established in 1922 after a 5 year civil war within Russia, the Soviet Union (under the leadership of Lenin) replaced the czarist dynasty in Russia.

30 minutes ago, Peter said:

Comrade! HEI HEI! Trade, travel, correspondence, disrespect may be the objective way to go as regards red china, but we will strengthen and bolster Taiwan. Rockin' in the free world . . . . 

Notes. HEI HEI! A way to remember the interpretation of this type of laugh is to look at the right side of the character, which consists of the word (hēi), meaning “black” or “dark”. Now that you know this, you can remember that heihei is a type of cunning or mischievous laugh.  Imagine someone laughing softly as an evil plan is underway.

"Stan, you need to lay off the cough syrup, all right, seriously. I'm worried about you man."
- Eric Cartman, SOUTH PARK, "Big Gay Al's Big Gay Boat Ride"

3 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

"As the worm turns..."

I think Dennis May’s position from 20 years ago should be reconsidered, and perhaps not in a good way, considering the recent mass shootings. Yet it is interesting that he thought of bio weapons “which we can recognize as such in hindsight.” Peter 

‘From: "Dennis May" To: atlantis Subject: ATL: Re: from knives to guns to bombs Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 19:28:01 -0600. Barbara Branden wrote: "Dennis, I find myself slightly appalled by your post on the right of individuals to own weapons of mass destruction. Appalled, but, as of now, although I need to think about it further, unable to argue against you. Your arguments make sense to me, particularly your statement: <<The question becomes who do you trust more, the individual or the state.>>"

Many thousands of individuals in the United States already own weapons of mass destruction or their components but are largely unaware of that fact. What people associate with the term "weapon of mass destruction" are things which compose only a very small percentage of things which can function as weapons of mass destruction.  Many accidents in history involved weapons of mass destruction which we can recognize as such in hindsight.  Spreading small pox and various diseases, large industrial accidents (I once guarded an exploded grain elevator complex while in college), and of course everyone's favorite: fires.

My point is that the potential exists everywhere if you are clever enough to recognize it.  Do we eliminate unrealized potentials and those who recognize them?  A one horse town machine shop with half a dozen employees can turn out a few hundred low quality sub-machine guns a day starting from basic raw materials.  Do we shut down all machine shops and those who have the high school level of mechanical skills to make machine guns.  Crude grenades are 400+ year old technology but I can't own one, of course making one is easier than programming a VCR.

Barbara Branden wrote: "One of the things that disturbs me is that today, it appears that most of the individuals -- specifically terrorists -- who own or want such weapons do intend to use them against innocent people. Another is the possibility of accidents if weapons of mass destruction were in the hands even of well-meaning people who may simply not know enough to keep their weapons from causing massive destruction; I would be extremely nervous if my neighbor had an atom bomb in his garage. Please address such issues. They do not necessarily negate the point of your post, but they are troublesome."

Lining up people along a ditch and shooting them killed more people than atomic bombs in WWII. More people were killed with machetes in one week in Africa (a couple years ago) than all the Americans who killed in the American Revolution, The War Between the States, Korea, and Vietnam put together.  Natural preventable diseases kill more people every year than all those ever killed by chemical and biological warfare agents.  Banning DDT has killed more people through malaria than WWII did. he list of comparisons go on and on but in general the proof comes from observing history. Statists and their policies kill people enmasse.  Clever individuals have always had the ability to release weapons of mass destruction but little has come of it.  It will be the clever individual who can target weapons to take the head of the serpent without large civilian casualties. Every tyranny you destroy today saves millions in the long run.

With objective law and property rights those who are wealthy enough to produce atomic weapons have a financial vested interest to store them carefully and in areas to minimize their financial exposure.  If I had my own little shop making experimental nukes I wouldn't locate it near a population center full well knowing the legal exposure an accident would involve.  I would instead locate it in a remote area and use security and safety precautions necessary to the task as you would in any industrial setting.  I do not know for a fact but highly suspect that all major cities are swept for nuclear devices on a regular basis in any case.  It has been variously reported that the Soviets had/have approximately 100 nuclear weapons stored on American soil in remote areas of the country.  I'm sure they realized the ease of discovery if stored in urban areas.

Anyone remember the TV program "Prey" where a new species starts to replace human beings? The new species dug up disease victims from 100 years ago to use the disease as a modern biological weapon.  Just another one of those thousands of "weapons of mass destruction" out there anyone, including rogue states, can use.

I worry more about rogue cops than I do burglars.  I worry more about sleepy drivers, teenagers, and old people on the road than I do drunk drivers.  I worry more about Bill and Hillary Clinton than I do Saddam Hussein. It depends on weighing the percentages.

I consider John McCain to be one of the most dangerous men in the world.  Not because of his intellect, his access to weapons, his connections, his intent, or his skills in any area.  He is dangerous because he is like a drunk scaring the cow who kicks over a lantern and starts the Chicago fire.  He and people like him need to be recognized as the great danger they represent.  I would feel much safer with a nuke in my basement than John McCain getting his way on much of anything.

To those who want to find a way to rationally debate those who are anti-gun or wish to have some kind of rational gun control I find such talk laughable from a military point of view. I consider Peikoff's position I heard on tapes of his radio show to be entirely consistent with a fascist state's fondest wishes. We are already effectively disarmed and you want to give up more?  The vast unwashed public is so clueless about how defenseless we are that a few more kids pushed over the edge by the piss poor educational system in our nation may convince people to elect the next Hitler who will make things all better. Dennis May

How about a rerun, re-fun? Retaliation against bio aggressors could take the form of “Terminator V,” soon to be released. Gathering weapons from an old friend, Sarah played by a still buff Linda Hamilton, flees to Idaho, unlike her previous exile to Mexico, which is now owned by the drug cartels. However, after having another horrific nightmare of a nuclear explosion she awakens with strengthened resolve and sets out to neutralize an aggressive communist china. Deducing her plan, son John, now a grown man, played by Matt Damon, and the Terminator played by an older, more liberal, Arnold Schwarzenegger, arrive and inform Objectivist Living of the validity of Sarah's predictions about the consequences of his work. They learn that much of his research has been reverse engineered from drawings and pictures of the CPU and arm, which was previously destroyed, of the Terminator sent after Sarah in the ‘revised history’ in Terminator II. It’s complicated.

Convincing him that these items and his designs must be destroyed, they break into the I-Robot building formerly owned by Big Pharma, which was also previously owned by Cyberdyne, and retrieve the computer generated reproductions of the CPU and arm. The police arrive and Arnold is wounded, but stays behind to trigger the detonator that will destroy his research.

Years go by. Arnold is presumed to have died in the explosion, but he lives on. With fake credentials and references he is hired as a janitor, joining Matt Damon at MIT. He cleans the labs and halls until midnight and by day, he tends the MIT graveyard. As part of his pay, he lives in an unused faculty stone house, next to the graveyard. All the MIT equipment, labs, and computers are available to the meek, mild ‘janitor.’

Intrigued by the cyborg design, he again recreates, the arm, and then the positron brain. Remember J. Robert Oppenheimer’s quote from the Bhagavad Gita: 'If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the mighty one.' and 'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.' He brushes aside the thought, and the future is forever changed. My fellow travelers, listen to Linda Hamilton, and cease your bio warfare which could backfire! The world is at stake!

21 minutes ago, Brant Gaede said:

Germany had to pay reparations for WWI which led to WWII and 70,000,000 dead not to mention the Holocaust.

--Brant

So...get our money out of them THEN nuke em?

trump kind of was making em pay with all the tarrifs..

Bret Weinstein had Pierre Kory on the Darkhorse podcast describing his use and advocacy of Ivermectin. It’s long at over two hours and covers the efficacy of treatment in lieu of current ‘vaccinations’ , the collusion between big tech ,government and medical officials, Covid origins and the like.

It has the usual YouTube disclaimer on it , so there must be something there :)

Ain't this sweet?

Chinese military 'engineered mice with humanized lungs' in 2019 to test viruses on them - just months before the pandemic erupted

Granted, this is the Daily Mail, but still...

Ten trillion is sounding more and more plausible...

And I still agree with Styx. The world needs to come together and dismantle the CCP on pain of being nuked. A government that would do what it did does cannot coexist with other governments on the same planet.

Michael

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, turkeyfoot said:
On 6/2/2021 at 5:12 PM, Mark said:

Dr. Peter McCullough on Tucker Carlson Today
May 7, 2021 (abridged to half an hour).

Leads to a "page not found", Mark.

45 minutes, c/o YouTube channel reedr6

(15) Tucker Carlson Today - Dr. Peter McCullough - May 7, 2021 - YouTube

Thanks, turkeyfoot, I fixed the link.

The abridgement is better than the original.  The same information in a shorter time and you don't see and hear Carlson's more obnxoius moments.

8 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Ain't this sweet?

Chinese military 'engineered mice with humanized lungs' in 2019 to test viruses on them - just months before the pandemic erupted

And I still agree with Styx. The world needs to come together and dismantle the CCP on pain of being nuked. A government that would do what it did does cannot coexist with other governments on the same planet.

Michael

O God! Mice with human lungs! This is what replaces "apes with angel glands" in modern thought ??

Never mind Godbeingdead, now poetry too!!!'

turning over in my grave though not even dead.

Is it a crime to lie to a Senator and to the American people? Will there be repercussions?

From a Town Hall article about Senator and Doctor Rand Paul: It sure sounds like Dr. Fauci has fewer scruples than he should. "People just blindly following Dr. Fauci's will, well they need to get a good grip on who Dr. Fauci is. It sounds like he's not a disinterested party here and that he's telling us half-truths, partial truths, and sometimes he's telling us the sort of Plato's noble lie, trying to tell us what he thinks we're smart enough to hear, according to his logic. But I think as we see these emails and as more comes out about it and as more comes out about him covering up and being very, very defensive and very, very cagey about whether he funded this gain of function or this creation of super viruses in China," Paul explained.

On 6/4/2021 at 5:12 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Ain't this sweet?

btw - For people who did not look deeper, the point of the article is right there in the subheadlines, which, granted, I should have quoted.

So here are the subheadlines. My bold.

• The mice, developed using CRISPR gene-editing technology, were mentioned in an April 2020 study

• The study researched their susceptibility to SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes the COVID-19 illness, Vanity Fair revealed in its bombshell investigation

• Of the study's 23 co-authors, 11 of them worked for the Academy of Military Medical Sciences, the medical research institute for the Chinese army 

• Investigators with the U.S. National Security Council, researching the origins of the pandemic, determined the mice were created in the summer of 2019 

• Shi Zhengli, the Wuhan Institute of Virology 'Bat Woman', appears to have tested at least two novel coronaviruses on humanized mice in the last three years

There.

That's the problem.

Michael

The Forever Virus
by Dr. Meryl Nass (June 9, 2021)

Foreign Affairs is the establishment's journal.  Today it is being used for the purpose of cementing in place one false narrative after the other about Covid, while making the (seemingly humanitarian) case for spending lots more money for the US and world response to Covid. And they make sure to push the threat of future pandemics.  

Why did I read this article?  Because two of the people in my cast of Covid conspirators (see 9 blog posts written starting June 3) are co-authors.  What are their themes? [There are five:]

First, Americans should not relax about Covid. (Ignore that man behind the curtain at the NYT telling us that there are fewer new US cases and deaths than at any time since March of 2020.)  Covid will never leave the planet, so get used to it (although SARS-1 disappeared, which they don't mention).  Worry about variants.  Herd immunity is a myth.

Second, we need to strengthen all the things that in fact turned out to be useless measures during the pandemic, and keep doing them but on an even larger scale.

Third, zero Covid is a myth, because animal reservoirs exist, so even:

... if every human on the planet were vaccinated tomorrow, SARS-CoV-2 would still live on in multiple animal species, including monkeys, cats, and deer.

Yet, they also say the US should try to achieve zero Covid. (Internal consistency is not this article's strong point.)

Fourth, even though in one part of the article (see below) the authors deny meaningful immunity in the recovered, an another part they acknowledge that prior infection does give immunity, negating the need for vaccination:

As of May, barely half of the country was fully immunized. Even allowing for those with natural immunity from prior infection, that leaves about 125 million Americans susceptible to COVID-19.

Fifth, wouldn't you know it, they want newer and more vaccines.

Everyone should be grateful for the remarkable vaccines that won the race to be first. But the United States and other wealthy countries must nonetheless invest in the next generation of COVID-19 vaccines.  

Who are these authors?  Ian Lipkin, MD, is a coauthor of the Nature Medicine Correspondence that we now know Fauci, Farrar and Collins ushered into being, to use "science" to  enforce the natural origins theory.  Except that paper was an illogical load of hogwash.  I said the paper was so bad that there must have been a hidden hand behind its creation when interviewed in the movie Pandemic 2:  Indoctornation.  Lipkin was happy to sign on to the illogical Nature Medicine article, and seems equally happy to sign on to this article, despite its internal contradictions.

Rick Bright, the former head of BARDA, who conspired with the FDA to prevent the use of hydroxychloroquine against Covid in the US, is another author.  He had the temerity to brag about it, after Trump fired him.  He probably knew Jeremy Farrar (a co-conspirator on the Nature Medicine article with Anthony Fauci and Francis Collins) from Vietnam, where both had previously worked. Then Farrar and Bright went home and got jobs doling out huge pots of money. Bright had a $1.5 billion dollar budget as head of BARDA (aka Biodefense's NIAID), and Jeremy Farrar, MD, as head of the Wellcome Trust, probably doled out a similar amount yearly.  And now, Bright works as a Senior VP at the Rockefeller Foundation, doling out yet more pots of money.

Both Jeremy Farrar and Rick Bright played key roles in suppressing the chloroquine drugs for use against Covid.  And now Bright has coauthored this with Ian Lipkin, one of the people Fauci, Farrar and Collins brought in to coauthor the bogus article in Nature Medicine to "prove" the natural origin of SARS-CoV-2. And this article suppresses drug treatments by claiming they were shown to be ineffective.

Larry Brilliant, MD is another author of this article.  He too is a guy who had jobs giving out lots of money.  He was the founding director of Google.org, Google's charitable foundation, then President of the Skoll Foundation.  He has led an interesting life, going from doctor to spiritual seeker in India with Baba Ram Das to high tech entrepreneur and philanthropist.

Why are they writing this?

1.  To plant the narrative that Covid is not going away.  Continue being fearful.

2.  To continue to suppress the use of hydroxychloroquine, ivermectin, and other "repurposed" drugs that are in fact highly effective against Covid.

3.  To push the myth that immunity after infection is NOT reliable:

The pandemic is in many ways a story of magical thinking...  governments imagined... that existing drugs could be repurposed to mitigate the disease, and that natural infection would result in durable immunity—all assumptions that proved wrong.

4.  To legitimize and get more money for the public health establishment:

The international system for responding to pandemics must also be repaired. As the current crisis has laid bare, that system is dangerously underfunded, slow, and vulnerable to political interference. In a time of rising nationalism, countries need to find a way to work together to reform the global public health institutions that will be responsible for waging this long fight against COVID-19. These bodies must be protected and empowered so that they can work faster than they have.

5. To repeat the Daszak/Fauci meme that humans need to change the way we live, while their argument falls apart when you admit the virus came from a lab and not bat soup:

Sustaining our way of life thus requires deep changes in the way we interact with the natural world ...

Why do I keep talking about the narratives spun by the co-conspirators I name?  Because they have all been reading off the same script.  I think the plan is to use these narratives to drive big changes in our way of life.  They have done so successfully for the past 15 months.  Before we let these malefactors drive us over a cliff, their stories need to be carefully analyzed.

LARRY BRILLIANT is an epidemiologist, CEO of Pandefense Advisory, a firm that helps organizations respond to COVID-19, and Senior Counselor at the Skoll Foundation.

LISA DANZIG is an infectious disease physician, a vaccine expert, and an Adviser at Pandefense Advisory.

KAREN OPPENHEIMER is a global health strategy and operations adviser and a Principal at Pandefense Advisory.

AGASTYA MONDAL is a doctoral student in epidemiology and computational biology at the University of California, Berkeley.

RICK BRIGHT is Senior Vice President of the Rockefeller Foundation and former U.S. Deputy Assistant Secretary of Health and Human Services for Preparedness and Response.

W. IAN LIPKIN is Director of the Center for Infection and Immunity and John Snow Professor of Epidemiology at Columbia University, Founding Director of the Global Alliance for Preventing Pandemics, and an Adviser at Pandefense Advisory.

https://anthraxvaccine.blogspot.com/2021/06/dont-you-love-it-when-2-of-co.html

• Thanks 1

On 6/2/2021 at 5:31 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Jules,

Actually, I think Trump might think that way.

I know I do.

And I am not alone.

Michael

If this is how Trump thinks he reminds  me of Charlie Sheen in his swan song. Winning! Winning! Revenge!

Too many people are transfusing their tiger blood these days 

4 hours ago, caroljane said:

If this is how Trump thinks he reminds  me of Charlie Sheen in his swan song. Winning! Winning! Revenge!

Too many people are transfusing their tiger blood these days 

Carol,

You really hate Trump, don't you?

Charlie Sheen was a crack addict who had just found out he had AIDS when he did that.

Michael

36 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Carol,

You really hate Trump, don't you?

Charlie Sheen was a crack addict who had just found out he had AIDS when he did that.

Michael

36 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Sorry to Charlie. I did not know he was sick at all, except he obviously was on something. His bizarre exhibition and the fixation on winning just came to my mind, and it has nothing to do with hate. It was an association that Trump's lifelong division of humankind into winners and losers  naturally brought about.

Trump has done many hateful things , and said them, which made me despise him but I don't think that is the same as hate. I don't imagine him humiliated, grovelling, being hanged etc. As certain posters here have done about his political opponents. He has done and said some things which I admired, or agreed with, also, and I think if he didn't need the bigots and  ignoramuses who are found in his base, he could have been a been a  better president. Of course bigots and ignoramuses ( ignorami?) are found in the left,s base too, but as of yet they don't determine policy.( insert your own withering riposte here)

But you have your internal narrative of me as hate filled, although I  think you should know better. So the answer to your rhetorical question is no, I don!t really hate Trump. I sure do dislike him, though.

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Carol,

Nah... I don't know better.

You sound like James Valliant talking about the Brandens.

Haters gonna hate...

Michael

.Well, .. if you say so. I never read PARC nor have I heard Valliant speaking about them, but I know the whole story as it played out here. I was and am pro Branden, not that it matters for present purposes. Barbara more than Nate.

Do you really see everybody now , as human beings, only in terms of Donald Trump and what opinion they have of the guy? Is he the moral litmus test not only of America but apparently the whole world?

Sorry, but I have not become part of the hater herd, Trump or no Trump. Little did I know when I joined OL ten years ago, with its multitude of topics and individuals, that I would end up a conscript in the Hundred Years' War.

1 hour ago, caroljane said:

I never read PARC nor have I heard Valliant speaking about them...

That's easy. It's the way you sound about Trump.

It goes something like this.

The Brandens are liars liars liars and they lie. Oh, they've done something good once in a while. But their real problem is that they lie. And why do they lie? Well, because lying is all they do. Everything they touch is characterized by their lies. They lie because they can't not lie. Granted, there are those things they did that were good, and I have to give them that. But those lying liars lie all the time. They lied in the past, they lied in the present, and they will lie in the future even though they are dead.

They are lying liars who lie all the time.

That sounds like you talking about Trump and racism. Trump does not have a racist neuron in his brain. (Ask Ben Carson and countless others.) Racism is the standard bullshit charge all current elitist establishmentarians levy against anyone who threatens the power of the elitist establishment.

Wanna contemplate simple proof?

Look at history.

Before Trump was winning in politics, we was held up by the people in your bubble as a person who was particularly NOT racist. He was given many honors by the black community--the very same people who now call him racist.

And when did they start calling him racist? When he started winning. Then they changed, kicked in the fake news propaganda machine and tried to get everyone to start calling him racist. That bullshit trickled down to people like you--people who now believe it sight unseen and sound unheard like an axiom. All you see and hear is what they tell you to see and hear.

They hate Trump and, by extension, you hate Trump.

That's the way Valliant worked about the Brandens. Others hated the Brandens, starting with Ayn Rand after the break, so he hates the Brandens.

It's not just hatred, though. It's second-hand hate.

That's why you get confused when I call you a hater. You don't feel it as intensely as you do something personal. That's because you carry second-hand hate in your soul, a soul that doesn't want to hate anything by default. 

But like a good little automaton, off you go hating all the time... It just pops out...

I think you're better than that, but for now, it is what it is. Awareness takes time, especially by the submissive... 

Michael