Coronavirus

Peter

Bill Maher is full of funny “truthiness” mixed with the utmost persuasion. Maybe he can be Matthew McConaughey’s (who was worth 95 million dollars in 2016) political advisor when he runs for Governor of Texas. Thanks for the video, Michelob.  

On 4/15/2021 at 5:30 PM, Peter said:

Covid-19 booster shot likely needed within 12 months, Pfizer's CEO says (msn.com)

Those Chinese Communist rats are going to cost the world money, time, and needle sticks. However, it is an accomplishment for Bio Warfare but is that in any way good? They have added another disease to inflict on humanity, like measles, chicken pox, scarlet fever, etc. Next they may unleash a disease that doesn't affect Asians. Think of them as the next "Hitler style Nazis."   

edit. I just had another "conspiracy thought." The Chinese Communists will have the next, deadlier pandemic start in Africa, Europe, or the America's.    

17 hours ago, Peter said:

I also speculated, because of the low Taiwanese death rate, that the Chinese already developed such a disease. 

But . . . we may be past the worse.

“On The Sunny Side of the Street.”

. . . Grab your coat and get your hat

Leave your worry on the doorstep

Just direct your feet

To the sunny side of the street

Can't you hear a pitter-pat?

And that happy tune is your step

Life can be so sweet

On the sunny side of the street . . . .

Sometimes I think you are losing your marbles.

8 hours ago, caroljane said:

Sometimes I think you are losing your marbles.

I thought it was a reasonable conspiracy theory. Low China death rates. Low Taiwanese death rates. Low Japanese death rates. Low Asian death rates in America. Duh   

What is probably the hardest to discern is the amount of credulity to assign to almost any numbers from 'institutions'.

But if one were to put the lens of terrain vs command centers on the numbers as given and the seeming fact of 'higher' totals in the US and other western countries , it could be the level of fear needed to instill compliance with government edicts is higher where the terrain is not yet under the command center control. 

Eastern cultures are less 'prone' to dissidents , larger swarths of the population in those cultures are 'with the program'. They are and have been more comfortable with more authoritarian regimes and have a  more deferential attitude toward homogenous culture norms. 

Perhaps their 'numbers are just as bad' , but given that the terrain and the command centers are more simpatico than less, the calculations in the requisite level of fear looks different ? And that in less collectivist cultures bigger sticks are required to control less simpatico rabble rousers.

News coverage and commentary here in the west seem to point out or highlight the idea that , especially the Pacific Asian societies are more equipped and adept at handling concerted national efforts by virtue of a more collectivist cultural zeitgeist, and that the 'failings' of the west are attributable to a general lack in those features in their societies.

There is less advantage in instilling fear in a population that is 'naturally' more compliant, beyond a certain level the fear would be destabilizing.  Destabilization has a different dynamic as it is applied to different societal/cultural contexts.

I honestly don't know, but are there a lot of No Littering signs in Singapore or is it the threat of and the caning that keeps the gum in your mouth ?

Pompous Fauci Attacks Jim Jordan, Says Mask Mandates, Endless Lockdowns and Vaccine Passports Have Nothing to do with Restricting Civil Liberties (VIDEO)

Congressman Jim Jordan (R-OH) ripped Fauci apart last Thursday for flip-flopping on Covid mitigation measures.

Rep. Jordan, the ranking member of the House Judiciary Committee, demanded Fauci give him a date for the end of Covid restrictions.

“15 days to slow the spread turned into 1 year of lost liberty,” Jim Jordan said.

To no one’s surprise, Fauci, an unelected, overpaid bureaucrat, said: “I don’t look at this as a liberty thing, Congressman Jordan. I look at this as a public health thing.”

Fauci appeared on CNN’s “State of the Union” on Sunday and attacked Jim Jordan again.

Dr. Fauci told CNN host Dana Bash that endless lockdowns, vaccine passports and mask mandates has nothing to do with restricting liberties.

“But it was very, very clear that [Jim Jordan} was talking about liberties that were being restricted. This has nothing to do with liberties,” Fauci said.

Of course it’s a civil liberties issue.

Fauci also attacked people who refuse to get the experimental Covid vaccine.

“It’s almost paradoxical, that on the one hand, they want to be relieved of the restrictions, but on the other hand, they don’t want to be vaccinated,” Fauci said asserting only vaccinated Americans have the right to move around freely. 

WATCH:

Ellen

On 4/7/2021 at 6:33 PM, william.scherk said:

Peter and William and death

The vaccinated will die, the unvaccinated will be hunted.  By Mike Adams's reckoning, I shall likely be swept away in the tide of deaths by fall. [...] The biggest COVID-19 news out of Canada today is a state of emergency declared in our largest province.

Doug Ford met with large pushback on his Draco moves to 'help contain COVID-19.'  The pandemic situation in Ontario is comparatively dire, but the police refused to endorse or use all the powers offered ... while civil liberties groups, the loyal opposition, health authorities, and the general public said a none too polite No Thank You.

(243) Growing calls for Doug Ford's resignation - YouTube

Next-door (to BC) in Alberta, the United Conservative government has lost the support of part of its caucus, and public opinion polls suggest that Jason Kenney might just lose power after a single term, due in large part to perceptions that his government has mishandled its pandemic response.  

On the other hand, which Canadian government hasn't mishandled its pandemic response?

20210418_143031.jpg

"Make hay while the sun shines." 

7 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

Alberta

Alberta. Victoria. Since I saw the PBS reshowing of "Victoria" I think I know who they really were, and isn't that weird? “Halleluiah, Oh Gloriana!” That theme song was wonderful. I guess America also names places after notable people like Washington D.C. and Jefferson City.   

Just saw this pop up on Gab...not sharing because I believe it, but because the word "confirmed" caught my eye, which raised a red flag to me, meaning, is it ACTUALLY confirmed? Or "claimed to be confirmed"?  This is the kind of reporting that does not help the anti-vax side. (National File is suspect too, I here, but there are people who take it seriously. And seeing even anti-vax people annoyed at this reporting, debating it with the people who believe it uncritically. (sorry, can't fix the bold font..)

"REPORT: Pfizer Vaccine Confirmed To Cause Neurodegenerative Diseases"

"A new report has determined the Pfizer vaccine can cause Alzheimer's and other conditions"

https://nationalfile.com/report-pfizer-vaccine-confirmed-to-cause-neurodegenerative-diseases/

In a shocking new report on the COVID-19 vaccines, it has been discovered that the Pfizer coronavirus vaccine has long term health effects not previously disclosed, including “ALS, Alzheimer’s, and other neurological degenerative diseases.”

“The current RNA based SARSCoV-2 vaccines were approved in the US using an emergency order without extensive long term safety testing,” the report declares. “In this paper the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine was evaluated for the potential to induce prion-based disease in vaccine recipients.” Prion-based diseases are, according to the CDC, a form of neurodegenerative diseases, meaning that the Pfizer vaccine is likely to cause long term damage and negative health effects with regards to the brain.

This is especially concerning since the Pfizer vaccine is an mRNA vaccine, an untested type of vaccine which creates new proteins and can actually integrate into the human genome, according to a report from the National Library of Medicine. In other words, degenerative brain conditions may appear at any time in your life after receiving the vaccine.

and

The report’s abstract summary concludes that “The enclosed finding as well as additional potential risks leads the author to believe that regulatory approval of the RNA based vaccines for SARS-CoV-2 was premature and that the vaccine may cause much more harm than benefit.” The report itself ends with this warning: “The vaccine could be a bioweapon and even more dangerous than the original infection.”

This comes off a little slanted to me, on first glance, as far as "confirmed" goes, but something to keep an eye on...here's the report referenced:

https://scivisionpub.com/pdfs/covid19-rna-based-vaccines-and-the-risk-of-prion-disease-1503.pdf

And here is the conversation on Gab:

https://gab.com/NationalFile/posts/106110078221869467

I got the Pfizer anti coronavirus double dose so I typed in a search for Pfizer causing Alzheimer’s on Medical sites, and it wasn’t true. But I also found something about the Pfizer arthritis drug Enbrel preventing it.

The headline was, “Pfizer kept quiet about drug’s new Alzheimer’s potential. Arthritis drug Enbrel could reduce risk by 64 percent.”

Alas, longer term studies showed Enbrel DID NOT prevent Alzheimer’s. And on top of that Pfizer will need a booster and possibly an additional booster every year to prevent Covid-19.  

I was just wondering who we should sell or donate excess Covid-19 vaccine to? How should we prioritize distribution? Spite? Humanitarian need? Allies first? European’s second? Ethnic groups with higher IQ’s? I looked that up and sensed something odd. The average IQ of Indians in India is in the low 80’s, but a lot higher in the U.S.

From The Alternate Hypothesis: Indians in the United States. For Indians in the United States, I only know of two sources for estimates. One is some unpublished SAT data from 1990, which gives Indian SAT test takers an average score of 1029, which translates to an IQ of 110.84 compared to a white SAT of 934 which translates to an IQ of 103.96. If the white IQ is set to 100 in this sample, then the Indian IQ would be 106.62 The other comes from a Forbes article which estimates the IQ of Indian children of 112 based on a backwards digit-span test. I don’t have a good estimate, but I would guess that the average Indian IQ in the US is 106, just rounding down from the SAT number because they probably do more SAT test prep than whites. As I said before, “Indian” IQ is very difficult to get a firm grasp on, and it appears that “Indian” probably has several IQ medians because in reality it’s multiple “races”, or at least genetically identifiable groups with their own median IQs. end quote

What’s Corona virus doing in India right now? It’s the new global epicenter, in a very bad way. Peter

April 24, 2021, 5:29 AM EDT By Reuters NEW DELHI — India's coronavirus infections set a new world record for the third consecutive day rising by 346,786 overnight, the health ministry said on Saturday, as overwhelmed hospitals in the densely-populated country begged for oxygen supplies. India is in the grip of a rampaging second wave of the pandemic, hitting a rate of one Covid-19 death just under every four minutes in Delhi, as the capital's underfunded health system buckles. The government has deployed military planes and trains to get oxygen from the far corners of the country to Delhi. Television images showed an oxygen truck arriving at Delhi's Batra hospital after it issued an SOS call saying it had 90 minutes of oxygen left for its 260 patients.

"Please help us get oxygen, there will be a tragedy here," Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal appealed to Prime Minister Narendra Modi in a conference on Friday.

The crisis is also being felt in other parts of the country, with several hospitals issuing public notices that they don't have medical oxygen. Local media reported fresh cases of people dying in the cities of Jaipur and Amritsar for lack of the gas. India surpassed the U.S. record of 297,430 single-day infections anywhere in the world on Thursday, making it the global epicenter of a pandemic that is waning in many other countries. The Indian government had itself declared it had beaten back the coronavirus in February when new cases fell to all-time lows.

Jules wrote, “I got the first shot of moderna a couple weeks ago.  I’m told I don’t get the second dose until Aug.”  

Rational actions, Mr. Troy. Well done. Phasers on stun - a variant may be coming our way. My wife got the same shot but her second dose was 21 days later if I remember correctly. Other than a little soreness for a day, she had no other reactions and it was the same for me with the Pfizer. If you go to two different pharmacies, you can easily get the second dose when you want to get it and you may not be in any way deceptive about the timing. If I am right, the two doses are exactly the same amount and composition.   

On 4/22/2021 at 3:23 PM, ThatGuy said:

Just saw this pop up on Gab...not sharing because I believe it, but because the word "confirmed" caught my eye, which raised a red flag to me, meaning, is it ACTUALLY confirmed? Or "claimed to be confirmed"?  This is the kind of reporting that does not help the anti-vax side. (National File is suspect too, I here, but there are people who take it seriously. And seeing even anti-vax people annoyed at this reporting, debating it with the people who believe it uncritically. (sorry, can't fix the bold font..)

"REPORT: Pfizer Vaccine Confirmed To Cause Neurodegenerative Diseases"

"A new report has determined the Pfizer vaccine can cause Alzheimer's and other conditions"

https://nationalfile.com/report-pfizer-vaccine-confirmed-to-cause-neurodegenerative-diseases/

and

This comes off a little slanted to me, on first glance, as far as "confirmed" goes, but something to keep an eye on...here's the report referenced:

https://scivisionpub.com/pdfs/covid19-rna-based-vaccines-and-the-risk-of-prion-disease-1503.pdf

And here is the conversation on Gab:

https://gab.com/NationalFile/posts/106110078221869467

Your instincts are correct. Any news report with an adjective in its headline and/or opening sentence is suspect, as I have learned as a lifelong reader of the National Enquirer. Amazing and Shocking are the worst offenders...oh,how I could go on! And likely will, as the NE style of journalism has achieved a certain pulpy respctability, which I find amazing!!!! And shocking!!!

On 8/26/2020 at 12:10 PM, william.scherk said:

I predict that Oleandrin is not coming soon as a treatment for COVID-19.

I predict it will be a while yet before Frankspeech.com fulfills its initial promises.

So, why are people so hard on poor Bill, and his friend, Dr. Fauci? It's a mystery...

In other news...here's an interesting headline...and totally unrelated, for sure...

“The Hideous Truths of Testing Vaccines on Humans”

For later reading...

(and curious, fwiw, that vaccine defenders here who swear by the government still haven't addressed the Tuskagee experiment...)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/leahrosenbaum/2020/06/12/willowbrook-scandal-hepatitis-experiments-hideous-truths-of-testing-vaccines-on-humans/?sh=1e7760b3279c

11 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

In other news...here's an interesting headline...and totally unrelated, for sure...For later reading...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/leahrosenbaum/2020/06/12/willowbrook-scandal-hepatitis-experiments-hideous-truths-of-testing-vaccines-on-humans/?sh=1e7760b3279c

Notice the article which comes below the one you linked to:

Apr 7, 2021,10:54am EDT|15,171 views

In The Inevitable Machine Economy, Intelligent Systems Free Limited Human Resources For Creative Problem Solving At Scale

Matt Jones

Brand Contributor

Wind River

BRANDVOICE| Paid Program

Translate: Lots of humans will become superfluous in the technocrats' utopia.

Ellen

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

Notice the article which comes below the one you linked to:

Translate: Lots of humans will become superfluous in the technocrats' utopia.

Ellen

That page was full of ads, couldn't find the link, so just googled the title...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/windriver/2021/04/07/in-the-inevitable-machine-economy-intelligent-systems-free-limited-human-resources-for-creative-problem-solving-at-scale/?sh=10146f662af7