Coronavirus

Peter

NY POST: "Johnson & Johnson responds after reports of adverse vaccine reactions"

Johnson & Johnson said Thursday that it is “collecting the necessary information” to review the safety of its COVID-19 vaccine — after a dozen adverse reactions caused a Colorado inoculation site to close.

“There is no greater priority than the safety and well-being of the people we serve, and we carefully review reports of adverse events in individuals receiving our medicines and vaccines,” the company said in a statement to FOX 31.

The drugmaker said it would share information about individuals who received the jab with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and “other appropriate health authorities.”

“This is part of the established process to inform health authorities’ comprehensive surveillance programs that monitor the overall safety of medicines, as well the vaccines authorized for use against this pandemic,” the company said.

“We are collecting the necessary information, including from the local vaccination center, to assess these reports.”

On Wednesday, around a dozen people reportedly suffered adverse reactions — including nausea and dizziness — to the single-dose vaccine at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park site in Commerce City.

Just as Johnson & Johnson’s statement was published Thursday, Wake County, North Carolina halted vaccine operations at the PNC Arena in Raleigh after a “handful” of recipients also suffered adverse reactions to the company’s shots

https://nypost.com/2021/04/08/johnson-johnson-responds-after-reports-of-vaccine-reactions/

One more for the road:
"Brooklyn woman gets COVID 3 weeks after Johnson & Johnson vaccine"

She’s shot out of luck.

A Brooklyn woman who managed to avoid catching COVID-19 throughout 2020 went down with the bug this month — three weeks after being vaccinated.

Even after Allen was vaccinated, she was careful to always mask up when outside and wash her hands frequently.

“On Wednesday, March 31, I started feeling like a scratch, a tickle in my throat of some sort. It was super dry,” she recalled. “Then I kept having this dry cough. It kinda felt like I had allergies.”

As her cough persisted, debilitating fatigue set in.

As Allen recuperates, she is unable to pinpoint where she was exposed. “Not a single clue,” she said. “If I had to take a wild guess, and still not sure, I think Target. At Atlantic Terminal, in the elevator.”

---

“The vaccine does not necessarily prevent you from getting COVID. It prevents you from being hospitalized or dying from it,” Dr. Kris Bungay, a Manhattan primary care physician, told The Post. “That is why we all still have to be careful.”

“It was not common in the clinical trials for patients to be symptomatic after getting vaccinated.” Bungay added.

Moderna’s and Pfizer’s two-dose vaccines are 94% and 95% effective, respectively, at preventing new coronavirus infections, according to the Centers for Disease Control. And while it’s more convenient, the single shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine only provides 66% protection.

----

Sporadic cases of post-vaccine horror stories have popped up in local news around the country, but it remains unclear how many people have come down with COVID after receiving the shots, known as “vaccine breakthrough.”

https://nypost.com/2021/04/10/brooklyn-woman-gets-covid-3-weeks-after-johnson-johnson-vaccine/

"Study finds COVID variant affects vaccinated individuals more than unvaccinated"

The South Africa variant of the coronavirus affects vaccinated individuals more than those who are unvaccinated, according to a new study from Tel Aviv University and Israel’s largest healthcare provider.

The study, which was published Saturday and still requires peer review, looked at 400 individuals who tested positive for the coronavirus despite receiving at least one dose of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine and compared the prevalence of the South African variant, B.1.351, with the same number of people who have not yet received a vaccination.

"We found a disproportionately higher rate of the South African variant among people vaccinated with a second dose, compared to the unvaccinated group," said Adi Stern of Tel Aviv University. "This means that the South African variant is able, to some extent, to break through the vaccine’s protection."

Not only could the variant “break through” protections offered by the Pfizer vaccine, but it uniquely affects those who have been vaccinated (around eight times higher) than those who have not received the vaccine — 5.4% to 0.7%.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/study-covid-variant-pfizer-vaccinated-unvaccinated

34 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

"This means that the South African variant is able, to some extent, to break through the vaccine’s protection."

Or it means the vaccinated mingle a lot more with other humans, and/or the vaccine really didn't work well with them. I got the Pfizer double dose but I am still hesitant to go shopping or dining.    

12 hours ago, Peter said:

Or it means the vaccinated mingle a lot more with other humans, and/or the vaccine really didn't work well with them. I got the Pfizer double dose but I am still hesitant to go shopping or dining.    

Coved won't survive sunlight. Outdoor eateries!

Sorry, its sooo depressing that some are maintaining this attitude. "Vaccinated", masked and still....

• Upvote 1

On 4/10/2021 at 6:45 PM, ThatGuy said:

One more for the road:
"Brooklyn woman gets COVID 3 weeks after Johnson & Johnson vaccine"

She’s shot out of luck.

A Brooklyn woman who managed to avoid catching COVID-19 throughout 2020 went down with the bug this month — three weeks after being vaccinated.

Even after Allen was vaccinated, she was careful to always mask up when outside and wash her hands frequently.

“On Wednesday, March 31, I started feeling like a scratch, a tickle in my throat of some sort. It was super dry,” she recalled. “Then I kept having this dry cough. It kinda felt like I had allergies.”

As her cough persisted, debilitating fatigue set in.

As Allen recuperates, she is unable to pinpoint where she was exposed. “Not a single clue,” she said. “If I had to take a wild guess, and still not sure, I think Target. At Atlantic Terminal, in the elevator.”

---

“The vaccine does not necessarily prevent you from getting COVID. It prevents you from being hospitalized or dying from it,” Dr. Kris Bungay, a Manhattan primary care physician, told The Post. “That is why we all still have to be careful.”

“It was not common in the clinical trials for patients to be symptomatic after getting vaccinated.” Bungay added.

Moderna’s and Pfizer’s two-dose vaccines are 94% and 95% effective, respectively, at preventing new coronavirus infections, according to the Centers for Disease Control. And while it’s more convenient, the single shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine only provides 66% protection.

----

Sporadic cases of post-vaccine horror stories have popped up in local news around the country, but it remains unclear how many people have come down with COVID after receiving the shots, known as “vaccine breakthrough.”

https://nypost.com/2021/04/10/brooklyn-woman-gets-covid-3-weeks-after-johnson-johnson-vaccine/

Outliers. Fear mongering. Exceptions to "rules".

29 minutes ago, turkeyfoot said:

You know what you gotta do. Should do? Or deny that you can't handle the truth? Jack Nicholson.  

Trust us.  We're from the government....

WTH? Pentagon Scientists Working in Secretive Unit Create Microchip to be Inserted Underneath Skin, Which Will Detect Covid-19

By Cristina Laila 
Published April 12, 2021 at 1:53pm

Pentagon scientists working in a secretive [unit] created a microchip to be inserted underneath the skin, that can detect Covid-19 before the body exhibits symptoms.

60 Minutes interviewed retired Colonel Matt Hepburn, an army infectious disease physician, who spent years with the secretive defense advanced research projects agency or DARPA, working on technology he hopes will ensure COVID-19 is the last pandemic.

“Dr. Hepburn showed us a few current projects, some sound like they’re from an episode of “Star Trek.” Consider a ship like the USS Theodore Roosevelt — hobbled last year when 1,271 crew members tested positive for the coronavirus. What if everyone on board had their health monitored with this subdermal implant, now in late-stage testing. It’s not some dreaded government microchip to track your every move, but a tissue-like gel engineered to continuously test your blood,” 60 Minutes host Bill Whitaker said.

Dr. Hepburn told 60 Minutes that the microchip is like a “check engine light.”

“That tiny green thing in there, you put it underneath your skin and what that tells you is that there are chemical reactions going on inside the body and that signal means you are going to have symptoms tomorrow,” he said.

Dr. Hepburn said that DARPA also created a filter which would be passed through an individual’s blood to remove the Covid virus, “It takes the virus out, and puts the blood back in.”

So far, doctors have used this filter to treat 300 critically ill patients.

The Pentagon told 60 Minutes that the government isn’t seeking to track your every move with the microchip technology.

WATCH:

Ellen

2 minutes ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

"The nine most terrifying words in the English launguage are, "I"m from the Government and I'm here to help." - Ronald Reagan

Err, I mean "just get the damn shot."

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Meanwhile, back at the ranch.

What a mess.

Michael

Now, the Johnson & Johnson shot is the vaunted "1 dose" version, correct? And was truly a DNA modified "vaccine", as opposed to the other 2...

"Johnson & Johnson’s vaccine works in a similar way, but stores the genetic instructions in DNA instead. The gene is inserted in a modified cold virus called an adenovirus."

https://www.fastcompany.com/90609429/this-is-how-the-johnson-johnson-vaccine-is-different-from-pfizer-and-modernas-shots

This guy, using the bible and his daily talks with The Lord has discovered The Truth! What BS. And what kind of “pastor” would torture or murder people? Read the cut and paste below at your own peril! Peter

Pastor Says Fauci Should Be Waterboarded Until He Admits to Working With China to Create COVID Jason Lemon  23 hrs ago Conservative pastor Rick Wiles took aim at Dr. Anthony Fauci in a recent episode of his TruNews program, saying that the prominent public health official should be tortured.

Wiles, the pastor of the Flowing Streams Church in Vero Beach, Florida, regularly makes controversial and inflammatory statements. In March 2020, he made highly anti-Semitic remarks, claiming that God was "spreading" COVID-19 in synagogues as punishment for Jews opposing "his son, the Lord Jesus Christ."

During a program on TruNews last week, Wiles claimed that Fauci, President Joe Biden's chief medical adviser and director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, had worked directly with China to create the coronavirus pandemic.

"You're a liar!" Wiles said, directing his remarks at Fauci in the episode last Thursday. "You know what you did, Fauci. You worked with the Chinese Communist Party for years. And you used our own taxpayer money to work on a coronavirus with bats. And you did it behind our backs, deceiving the American people, and you participated in the creation of this virus."

Wiles said that Fauci "should be taken to Guantánamo Bay and waterboarded" until he coughs up "the truth." Fauci must also give the names of "the other traitors who have helped China damage the United States of America with this virus," the pastor said. Right Wing Watch first reported Wiles' remarks.

"We've been sold out by traitors inside America," the pastor claimed at another point in the program.

On 4/9/2021 at 12:19 PM, william.scherk said:

From the Harvard Health blog: 

More intrigue in the world of mRNA vaccines (or "vaccines" or pseudo-vaccines) ...

An mRNA vaccine for cancer immunotherapy

[...]  When the mRNA enters antigen-presenting cells, they begin making the tumor protein and displaying it on their surfaces, triggering other immune cells to seek and destroy tumors that also make this protein. However, mRNA is an unstable molecule that is quickly degraded by enzymes in the body. For cancer immunotherapy, researchers have tried using nanoparticles to protect and deliver mRNA, but they are typically cleared from the body within 1-2 days after injection. Guangjun Nie, Hai Wang and colleagues wanted to develop a hydrogel that, when injected under the skin, would slowly release mRNA nanoparticles, along with an adjuvant—a molecule that helps activate the immune system.

[...]

When injected under the skin of mice with melanoma tumors engineered to express ovalbumin, the hydrogel slowly released mRNA and adjuvant nanoparticles over a 30-day period. The mRNA vaccine activated T cells and stimulated antibody production, causing tumors to shrink in the treated mice. Also, in contrast to untreated mice, the vaccinated mice did not show any metastasis to the lung.

[...]

Peter quotes accusations against Fauci two posts up.

[Excerpt from a Newsweek article.]

"You're a liar!" Wiles said, directing his remarks at Fauci in the episode last Thursday. "You know what you did, Fauci. You worked with the Chinese Communist Party for years. And you used our own taxpayer money to work on a coronavirus with bats. And you did it behind our backs, deceiving the American people, and you participated in the creation of this virus."

I'm not sure if Fauci knew about the coronavirus biowarfare scheme.  He almost surely knew that the Wuhan lab was working on "enhanced function," since NIAID contributed funding to that research.  But this doesn’t necessarily mean that Fauci was in the confidence of the pandemic planners.

Ellen

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

Now, the Johnson & Johnson shot is the vaunted "1 dose" version, correct? And was truly a DNA modified "vaccine", as opposed to the other 2...

Not that there aren’t safety concerns regarding the J&J vaccine, but I'm suspecting that the mRNA crew are trying to push J&J out of the competition.

Ellen

12 minutes ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

Not that there aren’t safety concerns regarding the J&J vaccine, but I'm suspecting that the mRNA crew are trying to push J&J out of the competition.

Ellen

I saw others making the same comment as well, but I couldn't say personally why one is more beneficial than the other. And it seemed like it was J&J's decision. But then, I saw other comments saying if it's only 6 people out of 7 million, there must be something else there not telling us...(which would make more sense to me, if it was J&J's decision). But who knows? I don't...
I'm just like a mushroom, kept in the dark and fell bullshit.

1 hour ago, tmj said:

Fauci did all that, is it that the punishment is too old testamenty for you ?

Proof? Let me show you my badge, Gringo! I think the NSA, FBI, and the FDA would have already waterboarded Dr. Fauci if it were true.

No proof Fauci called Xi and said " yeah tuesday would be good"

But the FBI hunts patriots not traitors, the FDA actively discouraged and would not approve available medications for treatment of Covid allowing for a 'vaccine' to receive r&d funding and EUA, the NSA? they're extragovernmental and barely fit into any structure other than their own.

So maybe not murder/torture , yet, but probably a good idea to hav a chit chat in Gitmo, just for the motivation factor :)

32 minutes ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

What is meant by "the mRNA crew" in this context? Does this indicate the major mRNA "vaccine" producers (or/and the various new-ish research laboratories working to provide a "platform" for further supposedly therapeutic discoveries via mRNA technology)?

I don't believe you think novel mRNA "vaccine" technology is necessarily malign. There is an "excitement" or hopeful anticipation from researchers and developers of the "platform" -- that safe and effective treatments can be engineered for present and future "genetic medicines."

A vigilant skepticism may well be in order ... along with suspicions of motives and goals. The whys and the hows ...

Details on who belong to a passibly malign "crew" could fill in some gaps in discussion.

45 minutes ago, tmj said:

But the FBI hunts patriots not traitors,

Bullshit. 

Oh yeah. I remember reading something about Gitmo. Joke. And I lived at Clarksville Base, Tennessee which is inside Fort Campbell, Kentucky and it was commanded by then “Captain” Bulkeley. Man, but he was tough, but nice to his kids. Peter Bulkeley, his son was two years older than me. I was there when he attempted to get into the base through tall barbed wire fences and one electrified fence. Here is an old letter to Atlantis from me and some Wiki about Admiral Bulkeley, who later commanded Gitmo. Pete  

George H. Smith wrote: "As a military brat, I know very well what "scrounging" is, especially since my father was a master of this. But scrounging normally refers to expropriating military property from one's own side, whereas "shooting and looting" do not." end quote

My father was a career naval officer who started out as an enlisted man. His term for "taking" items from your own side was "Komshawing," as in "I komshawed some aluminum siding, roofing and nails from the 'Airedales' (flying navy personnel) and built a hooch (a ramshackle house suitable for the tropics.) They will never miss it."

He did not even consider it close to stealing except in the sense of a prank, as in taking the other teams mascot. I once snuck into Fort Shafter, Hawaii and painted “Go Navy!” on an administrative building just before the Army – Navy game when I was 16. I walked out the gate whistling “Anchors Away,” without being stopped.

My Dad was the special services officer at one base and did get in trouble for taking materials to build a porch onto our naval housing and then having his enlisted men build it. A marine captain who lived across the street wanting a porch too but when my dad would not build him one, he complained to Marine Commandant, Colonel Samuelson, who forced my dad to give it all back and pay for the men's time.

Our Naval Captain Bulkeley, who wrote the book "They Were Expendable, (made into a movie starring John Wayne)" which was about his exploits as a PT Boat Captain during WWII outranked Colonel Samuelson by two days and did not like the marines meddling into the Navy's business. He sometimes referred to the Marines as “dobermans” and “jungle bunnies.”

Captain Bulkeley pulled off a commando style raid on the base's perimeter to embarrass the Marines. He put on a shock proof outfit, ordered the power cut off to the electrified third fence by walkie talkie then cut his way through the fences and made it 50 feet into the base before the Marine guards captured him. The good captain was almost machine gunned. That was good for a laugh.

Captain Bulkeley later became Admiral Bulkeley and was put in charge of Guantanamo Bay Naval Base in Castro's Cuba. He was there when the dictator shut off the water to the base. I think his son Peter was later accepted by the Naval Academy but I lost touch. Live long and prosper, Peter Taylor

From Wikipedia: John Duncan Bulkeley (19 August 1911 – 6 April 1996) was a vice admiral in the United States Navy and was one of its most decorated naval officers. Bulkeley received the Medal of Honor for actions in the Pacific Theater during World War II. He was also the PT boat skipper who evacuated General Douglas MacArthur from Corregidor in the Philippines and commanded at the Battle of La Ciotat. The United States Navy named an Arleigh Burke-class guided missile destroyer after him: USS Bulkeley (DDG-84), commissioned in 2001 . . . . In the early 1960s, Bulkeley commanded Clarksville Base, Tennessee, then a tri-service command under the aegis of the Defense Atomic Support Agency. Having lost none of his wartime daring, Bulkeley was known to test the alertness of the Marines guarding the base by donning a ninja suit, blackening his face and endeavoring to penetrate the classified area after dark without detection. This was a dangerous endeavor, as the Marines carried loaded weapons. Ever popular with his men, who both respected and admired him, Bulkeley could be seen driving around the base in his fire-engine red Triumph TR3 sports car with a large silver PT boat as a hood ornament.[5]

Promoted to rear admiral by President John F. Kennedy, who commanded PT-109 during World War II, Bulkeley was dispatched to command the Guantanamo Bay Naval Base in Cuba,[2] where he met Cuba's threat to sever water supplies in response to the Bay of Pigs invasion and other assaults by ordering the installation of desalinization equipment to make the base self-sufficient.

you're right the FBI is currently focusing on rounding up all the armed insurrectionists , but that guy sounds like archetype Greatest Generation, great story.

How do you think he would feel about marine maternity-ware and the current Navy logo ?