Coronavirus

Peter

On 4/6/2021 at 3:31 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

[...] I believe Psaki said that because the vaccine passport trial balloon crashed and burned big time in the focus group results. (Nice coincidence about WHO caving right at the same time, huh? :) )

WHO's position paper came out two months ago, cited above.

[W]hy should anyone have to worry about hope re detention papers for all citizens in the USA?

"Detention papers"?

It's stupid and evil to have this issue in the mainstream as a serious topic.

Lots and lots of stupid and evil in the world, then, by your lights. Eg, Covid passports: What are different countries planning?

This makes me think of misdirection. What other bad thing is happening that nobody is talking about while everybody is talking about this crap?

Vaccine passports in Israel?

Israel has the highest vaccination rate in the world. More than half the population have already received two vaccine doses. Last month it was able to begin easing a nationwide lockdown.

User shows Israel green passport app on their smartphoneimage copyrightReuters
image captionUser shows Israel's green pass app on their smartphone

A "Green Pass" is available to anyone who has been fully vaccinated or has recovered from Covid-19. They have to show it to access facilities such as hotels, gyms or theatres.

It is available as a paper certificate or in an app, which links users to their personal health ministry data.

The app is opening up opportunities for international travel. Israel has struck deals with Greece and Cyprus so Israeli citizens with passes can travel to those two countries.

However, several issues have been reported with the system since it was rolled out.

Foreign nationals cannot get hold of the pass, nor can vaccinated citizens who are not insured with an Israeli healthcare provider. Experts have expressed privacy concerns over the smartphone app, and the government has admitted the police do not have the staff to check if businesses are complying with the new rules.

Lots more information at the link ...

Edited by william.scherk
Spelling

8 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

WHO's position paper came out two months ago, cited above.

William,

Nice gotcha, but the impressive part is the coordinated news about it. 

Social engineering through propaganda is the problem, not the dates on technical reports or opinions.

"Detention papers"?

Yup.

Vaccine passports in Israel?

I'm not a fan.

Michael

35 minutes ago, caroljane said:

Warts?  If he gets out, I hope for your sake he doesn't.  Move next door to you.

Carol,

I would love it if he did.

But the oligarchy is pissed at him.

btw - You are clear that you would keep a man like him in jail over nonviolence.

Neither I, nor he, would keep you in jail for that.

You are a far bigger threat than he will ever be.

Michael

50 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

50 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Carol,

You are a far bigger threat than he will ever be.

Michael

well, OK, if you say so.

But really I was just kidding about those kidnappings.

4 minutes ago, caroljane said:

But really I was just kidding about those kidnappings.

Carol,

That's an amusing quip when sitting in a safe place and typing on the Internet.

For those in jail for real over nonviolence, it's not entertaining.

But, hey. Why get your hands dirty when you have thugs, er secret police to do the dirty work for you? Just so long as the thugs, er law enforcement personnel understand that you, yourself, are not to be touched, that you are one of the good guys, that you are on the right side of history, right?

:) 

As for the victims? Well, you can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs, huh? 

(Famous last hazy thoughts and feelings of many a useful idiot on the way to detention in a dictatorial social system they helped install...)

Michael

• Upvote 1

Incidentally, there are some people in Canada who are standing up against encroaching totalitarianism from the bad guys using COVID like Hitler used the Reichstag fire.

For instance, here is a pastor in Calgary who grew up in Poland and has seen what the beginning of massive oppression of citizens looks like. This guy had a fit and when the goons showed up to shut down his church service over COVID restrictions. He threw them out by sheer force of personality and moral courage.

There is no syllogism on earth that is going to make this pastor bear false witness to what he has lived. He knows what comes next. Propaganda is useless against him. They need real guns and restraints to take him out because he will not comply and he will not back down.

To the credit of the Calgary law enforcement, they looked shamed as they left.

You can read some more about it here:

Pastor Who Threw COVID Officials And Police Out Of His Church: ‘They’re Acting Just Like The Communists’

Like I have said elsewhere, the bad guys took over the command centers, but did not capture the terrain.

There is plenty more where this came from, and it will until the terrain comes for the command centers.

Michael

• Thanks 1

Peter and William and death

The vaccinated will die, the unvaccinated will be hunted.  By Mike Adams's reckoning, I shall likely be swept away in the tide of deaths by fall.  I will be among millions.  The Health Ranger says so.

Yes, I got my AstraZeneca vaccination today, as the slowly rolling supplies** hit our city and are being dispensed at local pharmacies for my age cohort. The biggest COVID-19 news out of Canada today is a state of emergency declared in our largest province.

(40) Doug Ford declares state of emergency, announces stay-at-home order | FULL COVID-19 update - YouTube

** yes, the USA is kicking Canada's ass to the curb as far as mass vaccinations go. 

2 hours ago, william.scherk said:

By Mike Adams's reckoning, I shall likely be swept away in the tide of deaths by fall.  I will be among millions.  The Health Ranger says so.

William,

It doesn't matter.

Your own survival or death from the shot is no longer an issue impacted by debate. Ditto for all who took the shot. It's out of your hands and out of Mike Adams's hands. What's done is done, right? There's no going back.

Besides, I don't think Mike's discussion is aimed at those who got the shot.

All we can do is wait and see.

I, for one, hope Mike is wrong. Sincerely.

I add that to my total distrust of Fearless Leaders of the Oligarchy. They lie too much. Whether the vaccine is lethal or not, I, personally, will not undergo a permanent change--one that cannot be undone--to the foundation of my biological being just because they say it's a good idea.

Michael

• Upvote 1

On the news today they mentioned that in order to travel overseas, many countries require an up to date vaccination card and for a kid to go to school in America they or their parents, are required to show proof of vaccinations. 

When I was on my way overseas while in the U.S. Army we were required to pull our pants and underpants down on the tarmac, while shots were administered in our butts. That wasn't fun, but I don't remember any serious reactions on the plane. 

58 minutes ago, Peter said:

On the news today they mentioned that in order to travel overseas, many countries require an up to date vaccination card and for a kid to go to school in America they or their parents, are required to show proof of vaccinations. 

When I was on my way overseas while in the U.S. Army we were required to pull our pants and underpants down on the tarmac, while shots were administered in our butts. That wasn't fun, but I don't remember any serious reactions on the plane. 

I was trained to give those shots but never did. On the Tamarac is kinda weird. It was not a vaccine, but some kinda prophylaxis against VD. It had to go into the butt because there was so much of it. Those were the end days of the short arm inspection. After a night on the town you were required to drop your pants and squeeze your penis to show no fluid or you would be treated for VD. In Vietnam I treated two Amicans for VD. One with penicillin and the other with tetracycline. It didn't appear in their records which they felt was important. Maybe it was for careerists.

--Brant

3 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

William,

It doesn't matter.

Your own survival or death from the shot is no longer an issue impacted by debate. Ditto for all who took the shot.

There's more than one kind of shot.

William said he got the AstraZeneca vaccine.

6 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Yes, I got my AstraZeneca vaccination today,

Note, I didn’t use scare quotes.  The AstraZeneca is a real vaccine, not one of the mRNA jobies.

Scroll down the page at this link for a comparison chart:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-55212787

Scroll down on this page for graphics illustration of how AstraZeneca works:

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55302595

There is some reported risk of blood clots with AstraZeneca, but a small risk.

Here's an article which discusses risks and benefits:

https://www.bbc.com/news/explainers-56665396

Ellen

Is it true that if there is a treatment extant  for a disease, the federal government can not by law approve a vaccine ?

Whew , glad thing Ivermectin never caught on or Pfizer would never have been able to develop and receive approval for marketing its lipid encapsulated gene therapy, that ,by the way,has met FDA approval without having to have safety studies on American citizens as do all other medical technologies, it is illegal to gain approval based on foreign studies, or was or is except you know ..covid.

Inexpensive and readily available chemicals were thankfully avoided and miraculously 'vaccines' are saving the day !

• Upvote 1

Rand Paul wrote:  . . . . And the newest power grab comes in the form of so-called "Vaccine Passports". These would determine your social standing and dictate how you can engage in your everyday life. Want to go to the store? Show your vaccine card. Want to go to a restaurant or concert? Did you tell the government what vaccines you've had? Want to travel? PAPERS PLEASE. We can't let government tyrants and media fear mongers push us into accepting this terrible idea that we need their permission to go back to our lives. This is why I've been working around the clock to engage more Americans to stand up to the growing tyranny in Washington D.C. and in state capitals across the nation . . . .

I went to get takeout at a Chinese Restaurant yesterday (for the first time in a year) and the lady behind the counter was walled and glassed in. I forgot to wear my mask but she never mentioned it.  I got egg roll, wonton soup, sweet and sour pork and pork fried rice. It was very, very good.  

From the Harvard Health blog: 

Why are mRNA vaccines so exciting?

[...]

While the concept seems simple, it required decades of work for mRNA vaccines to overcome a series of hurdles. First, scientists learned how to modify mRNA so that it did not produce violent immune system reactions. Second, they learned how to encourage immune system cells to gobble up the mRNA as it passed by in the blood. Third, they learned how to coax those cells to make large amounts of the critical piece of protein. Finally, they learned how to enclose the mRNA inside microscopically small capsules to protect it from being destroyed by chemicals in our blood.

Along the way, they also learned that, compared to traditional vaccines, mRNA vaccines can actually generate a stronger type of immunity: they stimulate the immune system to make antibodies and immune system killer cells — a double strike at the virus.

[...]

Peter quotes Rand Paul three posts above:

Rand Paul wrote:  . . . . And the newest power grab comes in the form of so-called "Vaccine Passports". These would determine your social standing and dictate how you can engage in your everyday life. Want to go to the store? Show your vaccine card. Want to go to a restaurant or concert? Did you tell the government what vaccines you've had? Want to travel? PAPERS PLEASE. We can't let government tyrants and media fear mongers push us into accepting this terrible idea that we need their permission to go back to our lives. This is why I've been working around the clock to engage more Americans to stand up to the growing tyranny in Washington D.C. and in state capitals across the nation . . . .

I'd like to emphasize this sentence:

"We can't let government tyrants and media fear mongers push us into accepting this terrible idea that we need their permission to go back to our lives."

Ellen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ellen Stuttle said:
1 hour ago, william.scherk said:

From the Harvard Health blog: 

What could go wrong.

Someone might raise a strong claim and then fail to back it up? Happens all the time ...

1 hour ago, william.scherk said:

Someone might raise a strong claim and then fail to back it up? Happens all the time ...

William,

And imagine if that someone had the entire human race to test that strong claim on.

That situation does not happen all the time. In fact, this is the first time I am aware of it ever happening in human history.

"Oops" at that level is not good. Most people get that, but I'm saying it in case it isn't clear.

Michael

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Why are mRNA vaccines so exciting?

[...]

While the concept seems simple, it required decades of work for mRNA vaccines to overcome a series of hurdles

This article profiles the work of pioneering scientist Kati Kariko:

Kati Kariko Helped Shield the World From the Coronavirus

[...]

In 1989, she landed a job with Dr. Elliot Barnathan, then a cardiologist at the University of Pennsylvania. It was a low-level position, research assistant professor, and never meant to lead to a permanent tenured position. She was supposed to be supported by grant money, but none came in.

She and Dr. Barnathan planned to insert mRNA into cells, inducing them to make new proteins. In one of the first experiments, they hoped to use the strategy to instruct cells to make a protein called the urokinase receptor. If the experiment worked, they would detect the new protein with a radioactive molecule that would be drawn to the receptor.

“Most people laughed at us,” Dr. Barnathan said.

One fateful day, the two scientists hovered over a dot-matrix printer in a narrow room at the end of a long hall. A gamma counter, needed to track the radioactive molecule, was attached to a printer. It began to spew data.

[...]

19 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Um.  For instance, the claims made by medical authorities touting the "safety" and "efficacy" of a method that they call a "new form of vaccination."

Ellen

• Upvote 1

"It ain't over 'til it's over." Yogi Berra.

From The New York Times: Michigan’s Virus Cases Are Out of Control, Putting Gov. Gretchen Whitmer in a Bind. Nowhere in America is the coronavirus pandemic more out of control than in Michigan. Outbreaks are ripping through workplaces, restaurants, churches and family weddings. Hospitals are overwhelmed with patients. Officials are reporting more than 7,000 new infections each day, a sevenfold increase from late February. And Michigan is home to nine of the 10 metro areas with the country’s highest recent case rates.

Notes from Yogi.

"90 percent of baseball is mental; the other half is physical." On why he no longer went to Rigazzi's, a St. Louis restaurant: "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded." "It ain't over 'til it's over." At the time he said this, in July 1973, Berra's Mets trailed the Chicago Cubs by 9½ games in the National League East. The Mets rallied to clinch the division title in their second-to-last game of the regular season, and eventually reach the World Series. When giving directions to Joe Garagiola Sr. to his New Jersey home, which was accessible by two routes: "When you come to a fork in the road, take it." At Yogi Berra Day at Sportsman Park in St. Louis: "Thank you for making this day necessary." "It's déjà vu all over again." Berra explained that this quote originated when he witnessed Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris repeatedly hitting back-to-back home runs in the Yankees' seasons in the early 1960s. "You can observe a lot by watching.” "Always go to other people's funerals; otherwise they won't go to yours.” "I really didn't say everything I said." "A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore." "If you can't imitate him, don't copy him.”

NY POST: "Georgia site is fourth in US to pause Johnson & Johnson vaccine"

A coronavirus vaccine site in Georgia became the fourth US location this week to pause its administration of the Johnson & Johnson jab after concerns over possible adverse reactions, a report said.

Eight people experienced lightheadedness after getting the shot Wednesday at the Cumming Fairgrounds, though health officials believe that could have simply been caused by the hot weather, WSB-TV reported.

“It was a fainting issue,” Dave Palmer, North Georgia Health District spokesperson, told the outlet.

“We don’t think it’s anything to do with the vaccine. It’s probably more environmental factors,” Palmer said.

Adverse reactions were incurred by less than 2% of the 435 people who received the vaccine at the site, the report said.

“That facility is hard to cool, and we do have fans there, but it was a warmer day,” Palmer told the station. “I think the heat may have had some bearing on it. We’re not sure.”

The Johnson & Johnson vaccine was also halted in the past week at sites in Colorado, North Carolina and Iowa.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/10/georgia-is-the-fourth-state-to-pause-johnson-johnson-vaccine/