Coronavirus

Peter

38 minutes ago, Peter said:

Dr. Shiva Ayyadurai wrote, “As an MIT PhD in Biological Engineering who studies & does research nearly every day on the Immune System, the #coronavirus fear mongering by the Deep State will go down in history as one of the biggest fraud to manipulate economies, suppress dissent, & push MANDATED Medicine!””  end quote

So, Dr Shiva, who in the Trump administration is a part of the deep state, and why are they depressing our economy and suppressing dissent? In your quote you ARE talking about The Trump Administration, aren't you? Today's televised show was part of the scare tactics? 

I was just thinking about the shut down of major sports and schools. is that another manifestation of a huge plot? 

Edited by Peter
addition

Honestly, what would you think if you went into a store and someone looked ill and was coughing? .I mentioned that I am coughing and feeling under the weather but I still don’t have a fever. I think it is just my usual allergies making me feel ill. However, like most people right now, who are feeling ill, we wonder . . . and perhaps people who are feeling just fine are pissed at all the closings, read conspiracy theories, and only believe their own eyes when they look in the mirror. I am OK with that, but I trust my own judgement more. Peter

This is from a few minutes ago. COVID-19 outbreak OVERVIEW ADDITIONAL INFO

Maryland cases Updated March 14, 3:46 PM EDT Confirmed 12 Fatal 0 Recovered 3

US cases Updated March 14, 3:46 PM EDT Confirmed 2,499 Fatal 55 Recovered 49

Global cases Updated March 14, 3:46 PM EDT Confirmed 155,210 Fatal 5,811 Recovered 74,262

21 minutes ago, Peter said:

Is what appears below, from a few minutes ago, spin?

Peter,

Apparently it isn't spin for you.

I could say you only presented a list of headlines and made no attempt to show the ideas in the articles. But there's no point because we are in a panic. So why would I want to argue?

I disagree with the panic, in fact, it's engineered, and I have my reasons. Whenever you want to look at those reasons, you will. That is if you ever want to.

I already did the work of putting it all together. Whether you will do the work of reading it and watching the videos, that's your choice.

Besides...

27 minutes ago, Peter said:

Italians cope with quarantine by singing on their balconies.

...why not let the Italians sing on their balconies to cope with quarantine? Those folks sure are stupid, huh?

:)

Michael

I will consider the info coming out of The White House as legit. And once again, President Trump did not look 100 percent healthy in his news conference today. So, is the best yet to come or will it get worse? The facts are out there, and they are not found in The X Files.    

I only listened to a minute of this but I will go back and listen. Peter

March 13, 2020 ANNOUNCEMENT Are We Panicking About Coronavirus?  Salon of the Refused, Episode 17 by Robert Tracinski Episode 17 of my podcast, Salon of the Refused, is now available.

I talk with Amesh Adalja, Senior Scholar at the Johns Hopkins University Center for Health Security. The conversation includes: how COVID-19 is different from the flu, the risk of "surge mode" overwhelming our health care system, what the US government has done and where it has failed, what individuals can do--and whether everybody is panicking about it. This is relatively short, just over 15 minutes, but if there's one thing you can check out to be informed on the coronavirus pandemic, this is it.

The podcast is available through iTunes or Google Play, or listen to it here.

16 minutes ago, Peter said:

That is a small "recovered" quantity.  

That's also within context.

From Worldometer:

image.png

That's, as of today, 144,107 recovered or in mild condition out of 155,829 reported for the entire world.

In other words, many people have not recovered because they have not had time to recover. Once infected, a disease needs to run its course.

But let's massage data, shall we?

We're all gonna die! Today!

Michael

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Why would the Deep State want to muck up our economy and needlessly scare people? I think their lives will be adversely affected too.

That’s is a valid, question, Peter. It needs to be addressed because it looks irrational of them, I must agree, to cause themselves any mucking up., any pain. Why would they do that to themselves? They wouldn’t, if there is no conceivable rationality and gain to doing so. That’s a fair point.

Remember that in this theory, they get to do the surprising and they can believe they can benefit by disparate preparation for precisely what they release, (maybe even pre-innoculate.) They get to prepare while Trump and the rest of us get surprised, that’s the theory.

If they think they can get Trump and us hurt more than they get hurt, then it is worth it for them to do it.

And then they would rationally decide to do it

Make sense? I’m not asking if you agree, but just does my response makes sense to you? Can you see your way clear to them rationally choosing that which causes them pain so long as they think they will cause more pain to their enemy than it will bring to themselves?

There's another point.

I watched a video by Scott Adams today where he said the the approach of the USA and the approach of China are completely different and that China's will ultimately fail and they will have to adopt the USA model.

In the Chinese model, they have tried to eradicate the virus. Since they don't control the world, this is impossible. They did do a good job of curtailing the virus, but it will inevitably return.

In the USA model, the focus is on keeping the contamination levels and deaths down until enough people become immune to the virus for the large-scale threat to go away--weathering the storm, so to speak, until biology kicks in to solve the problem. According to Scott, this is the normal way endemics and pandemics have ended.

That sounds about right. Scott does tend to get his facts right, even when his conclusions are weird. Most of his conclusions are not that weird, but some of them can get out there.

However, that's not the end of it. Viruses also morph into more benign versions like ebola did a few years ago when an incipient epidemic petered out in Africa. It did that all by itself, from what I read.

I'm not an expert, so I'm just mentioning this stuff for conversation.

It's better than running in circles and taking cover from a falling sky.

Michael

I have not mentioned it but my mother in law who is 92 died last Saturday. She had been living with us for two years and about 2 weeks before she died, she started coughing more and seemed to fade rapidly. We had home health care nurses come in every couple of days. No one ever tested her for a virus because she was 92 after all. Around the time she died, or maybe five days before, I started getting "allergy symptoms" as has my wife but less than mine. I see Michael has sent a message so I will stop and read it. I don't need condolences or wish to discuss her death any more.  

In the Tracinski podcast they do call this a pandemic and they discuss how we will eventually develop "herd immunity." But in the meantime . . . if you have an underlying condition or you are over 70, this could go on (for a year and a half, I think he said.)

Isn't it odd how kids can't go to school but they DO NOT die from this? But teachers could and the kids would be spreading the virus.    

Deep State would perform more school shootings, stadium terrorism, etc., So all the large targets are denied, now. Restaurants, night clubs coming. Target denial. What’s coming to them will be brutal and they will want to retaliate. In a few weeks the quarantine centers will be full of them awaiting flights to GTMO for tribunals and executions.

20 minutes ago, Peter said:

I see Michael has sent a message so I will stop and read it. I don't need condolences or wish to discuss her death any more.  

Peter,

I didn't send a message, but I do offer my deepest condolences.

The human condition sucks at times.

I wish I had more, but there is no more. At least I haven't found it.

I carry you in my heart.

Michael

Sure, Robert is a source of information. When I am on the computer now doing other things it pops up when I have "a notification." That is how I knew Michael had just responded. Are the readers of OL willing to tell us if they are worried to taking any precautions? 

19 minutes ago, Peter said:

Isn't it odd how kids can't go to school but they DO NOT die from this?

Peter,

Watch the video by Dr. Shiva and you will learn why. And you will learn what precautions to take.

In case you don't want to, at least keep up on your vitamins A, D and C. Age depletes them and they are critical for your immune system.

Dr. Shiva is a scientist in immunology after all.

Michael

Toilet paper, check. Bottled water, check. Canned foods, check. My wife and I were discussing getting frozen dinners but haven't yet decided and I don't expect the power to go out because of this. But will waste water contaminate a worker at the plant? Who knows? Maybe WHO knows. joke. I have heard two other people besides myself saying at least victims of the coronavirus don't turn into zombies.   

Did anyone see the videos in China weeks ago of people stuffed into high rise buildings and the doors welded shut? Isn’t that just vicious and inhumane to the max?  They went CRAZY fighting the corona cold? That’s what happened, that’s what we saw, right? It could NOT have been something else, it can only have been what they told us it was, because, well because that’s what they told us it was, so it was, right?

going back to late 2017 Q started saying that Putin, Xi and Trump are allied.

If Xi has a domestic alliance and one day it rose up and it cleaned house on its brutal “commie” elite rulers who have abused them all since mid-20th century, what would that look like? Similar to the things we saw? Now if this so, then their behavior does not seem crazy anymore, does it? If that is what was really happening, then the behavior we saw is not crazy at all. A good conspiracy theory explains what we see better than the official story does while requiring fewer cheats such as ‘they went crazy because they are crazy’ or ‘they behaved very stupidly because they are very stupid.”

23 minutes ago, Peter said:

I wonder what scientologists are worrying about? Dead Thetans? 

Peter,

I saw that.

Part of Dr. Shiva's credentials (from Wikipedia)

Ayyadurai's undergraduate degree from MIT was in electrical engineering and computer science; he took a master's degree in visual studies from the MIT Media Laboratory on scientific visualization; concurrently, he completed another master's degree in mechanical engineering, also from MIT; and in 2007, he obtained a Ph.D. in biological engineering from MIT in systems biology, with his thesis focusing on modeling the whole cell by integrating molecular pathway models.

That's four degrees in four different disciplines, including the biggee, biological engineering.

Apropos, Holy crap!

Getting away from the Wuhan virus for a second, I got to looking deeper. I discovered that Dr. V.A. Shiva Ayyadurai does a course at MIT on Systems Visualization, which has a huge component devoted to storytelling. I searched "Systems Visualization" on YouTube and am a very happy person right now. I'll report on this stuff as I go through it.

Michael

22 minutes ago, Peter said:

Toilet paper, check. Bottled water, check. Canned foods, check. My wife and I were discussing getting frozen dinners but haven't yet decided and I don't expect the power to go out because of this. But will waste water contaminate a worker at the plant? Who knows? Maybe WHO knows. joke. I have heard two other people besides myself saying at least victims of the coronavirus don't turn into zombies.   

Don’t prepare by expectations.

Prepare for remaining indoors for two weeks without water, electric or gas seirvice,

3 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

It could NOT have been something else, it can only have been what they told us it was, because, well because that’s what they told us it was, so it was, right?

Jon,

I read somewhere that this episode has the American press bashing everything coming from President Trump's administration about the coronavirus and defending anything Communist China says as given fact.

Michael