Coronavirus

Peter

On 7/27/2020 at 6:02 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Peter,

I wish I had your certainty.

I can't say if it is a hoax or not. I lean toward it is not, but that's normal caution. I also go along with the mask and crap like that when I go out just to avoid the hassle from Karens.

But I'm doing all this based on wanting to spend my time on other things. Hassles with strangers are time-consuming and blow my natural high. My caution is not based on anything I know.

[....]

I've been told I'm in the target group for vulnerability due to age, but I'm not sure of anything since I don't believe hardly anyone in the mainstream. At any rate, I take that into account for what it's worth. 

Michael,

Please do exercise caution.  I wouldn't like to see you become a biowarfare casualty.

Jon — in effect — exonerates the killers who produced this bug.  (If there's no bug, there are no such people.)  I curse them.

Regarding masks: The sort of masks people generally wear are porous to viruses and can be a health hazard because of gunk that builds up on the inner surface if people wear the same mask repeatedly.  I wear one when I go into an establishment where masks are required.  As you say, no point in producing the social hassles of arguing about it.  I change to a fresh mask after a few uses.

Social distancing might help somewhat, although this virus doesn’t seem to be easily contagious from casual contact.  Most people who get it get it from someone with whom they have regular contact.

In general, though, being careful of doorknobs and door handles is a good idea as a preventative against getting an infectious bug you can pick up on your hands by touching surfaces and then infect yourself with by rubbing your hand across your mouth or eyes.

Regarding vulnerability:  About age 60 is where a steep increase in vulnerability with increasing age starts.  Along with being at about the threshold age, you have a history of drugging and boozing.  There might be long-term histological weaknesses which would increase vulnerability. (I'm just surmising on that.  Smoking definitely increases vulnerability.  I'm not sure about drinking and drugging, but I think that it's reasonable to expect that a history of those would be a negative factor.)

Ellen

Vitamin D, Zinc, and if you're really worried a little HCQ. Dr. Rhonda Patrick noted that 95% of hospitalized COVID-19 sufferers had a Vitamin D deficiency according to some study. This is corroborated by the greater impact among black people, whose melanin blocks UV rays that would be converted to Vitamin D.

1 hour ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

I change to a fresh mask after a few uses.

Ellen,

I actually spray my masks down with alcohol after I come back home (btw - this thing is awesome if you ever need something like that). And after about 3 or 4 uses, a mask goes into the dirty laundry.

I used to play trombone, so I know all about gunk buildup. 🙂

As to my past drug and alcohol abuses, I'm probably more scarred than weakened by now due to years of mostly healthy living, with the exception of not getting enough exercise. (I keep promising myself, but I'm not the most reliable fulfiller of promises to myself. 🙂 ) And the exception of maybe eating more crap these days than I should (fucking potato chips, chocolate covered almonds and so on 🙂 ) instead of sticking to kale and similar mouth-fucking-watering delights.

(I'm going to stop talking about the exceptions now. 🙂 )

Obviously, I no longer drink alcohol or take drugs. I also take vitamins every 2 or 3 days, including D, a multivitamin, fish oil, A, different B's, etc. and I season foods with turmeric (including black pepper to bring out the anti-inflammatory goodness) and cumin and powdered ginger, lots of garlic and onions, and on and on and on.

But thank you for the concern you exhibited. It's just words on a computer screen, but it means a lot to me.

I hope you and Larry are staying safe, too.

On the sensitive topic, I don't want to get into it again with Jon, but I don't think his intention is to exonerate bio-warfare creeps. In fact, I think he would like to execute them. 🙂  And--like you--I fully believe this virus was produced as a weapon or human population culling agent. I don't know that (you might), but I believe it.

Ah... what the hell... I avoid talking about this stuff to keep the tension down... but here goes... Jon is a warrior. He has a warrior's mind (I am going by his posts). That means when he sees an enemy, he goes all in and fuck the rest. 

What do warriors do? They break things and kill people. They do that because they like to do that, especially when they feel in the right. Warriors are blunt instruments. And for feeling in the right, QAnon does it for him. I'm perfectly fine with that, even when I disagree. I can't look at the mainstream and call that better. It's far worse. And, to be honest, being a blunt instrument is one of the things I like most about him. I love his default attitude toward elitist ruling class pedophiles and the rest. They deserve him. 🙂 

I have little doubt if you point him at the bio-warfare creeps in a way warriors respond to--in other words, prove to him (with a few examples) they are vermin that need to be exterminated, and he will be your biggest ally. I believe that.

Michael

• Like 2

I wonder how much of the NYPD budget was reallocated to reimburse hotel owners to house the homeless.

There have been a number of stories about four star luxury properties in various cities suddenly becoming socially conscious.

From Microsoft News. Several states including Ohio, Tennessee, Kentucky and Indiana need to get the virus under control or risk watching their transmission rates get out of control, warned Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease expert.

Karen Weintraub, USA TODAY 58 mins ago. Diabetes highlights two Americas: One where COVID is easily beaten, the other where it's often devastating . . .  Americans with diabetes and related health conditions are 12 times more likely to die of COVID-19 than those without such conditions, she said. Roughly 90% of Americans who die of COVID-19 have diabetes or other underlying conditions. And people of color are over-represented among the very sick and the dead . . . .  Type 2 diabetes often comes paired with other health problems – obesity and high blood pressure, for instance. Add smoking, Smeeth said, and "for someone with diabetes in particular, those can really mount up."

In my county? From MSN: Worcester 508 cases (17 deaths). Next door in Delaware’s Sussex County it is much worse.

Here is who the coronavirus is really killing--impoverished children in third world countries. And it is killing them through starvation.

The US alone grows more food than is needed for America. Now, much of it is being sacrificed because people can't get it from the farms to shipping points due to coronavirus restrictions. By "sacrificed," I mean left rotting in the fields or slaughtered and left where they fall, especially pigs and boars, to keep them from overrunning nearby neighborhoods and cities.

Thus, said food does not reach the starving children the left constantly holds up as their virtue signaling banner for showing how much they care.

As the Karens run wild busting the balls of strangers over nothing here in the US, the kids they so very greatly poignantly desperately care about are starving to death on the other side of the world partially due to their own efforts.

But hey, out of sight, out of mind, right?

The pea-brains in these Karens don't have much room in them anyway. One cognitive dissonance, however trivial, is enough to send them to their therapist for 2 months or more.

Michael

3 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Come on, Jules.

It was 999.

Dayaamm!

🙂

You know, it would have probably worked. It was a good plan and easy to execute.

Michael

I can clearly hear him saying, "9, 9, 9."

Michael wrote on another thread, “Watch Rand Paul. If he allows his kids to get the shot (he said he would if he judges it's OK), I imagine it will be relatively safe.

That is good advice. I think The Eye Doc stays on top of scientific data. And what a coincidence. His name is Rand! I saw on the news that September may be the start of some large scale trials of vaccines. Until then, ‘Play safe!”

I remember stories about 20 years ago of parents who refused to get their children mandatory shots even though some were required for entry to school. So, they home taught and falsely claimed the shots would cause death and injury on a large scale. That was false. Most of the parents DID let their kids go to high school if I remember right. Where did they get their data? Their pastors or reverends? Their irrational relatives? The internet stories that supported their cookie “self-evident truths?”

I think the idea that people like Fauci, the VAST, VAST MAJORITY of doctors and nurses who see Covid-19 every day, the CDC, and even drug company’s raw data is a manufactured part of a vast left, or right wing, or elitist conspiracy is damaging to everyone’s health, physical and mental. Stay alert. Look at the world wide and country by country estimates of Coronavirus cases and deaths. Is Brazil lying? Is Israel lying? Is America lying?

The one country I am sure is lying is China. They have been caught in lies many times. And I would not trust any info coming out via official sources from any totalitarian countries like Russia or North Korea.

I do not trust any unverified info from the likes of Schumer or Pelosi and I take what Trump says with a grain of salt, because sometimes he is joking, or just passing on something he heard. On the good side Trump is not a stuffy “official” politician and I will support him with a skeptical look on my face on Covid-19. And  I will vote Trump in 2020. It’s what Rand would do. Ayn, not Rand Paul, but I trust Rand Paul too. Peter 

To me the idea of refusing to wear or not wear a face mask is not so simple. What would a libertarian do? A store is private property so if you do business with them, you morally and legally should follow the stores’ rules or not enter. What if a mask is not convenient to wear, makes your breathing harder, or you forgot it? Perhaps you should get curb side delivery like Walmart’s provides.

And is it worth the effort if you are defying a store policy? Is it worth being charged with trespassing? Is it worth people yelling at you, or refusing to serve you? I saw some guidelines for eating at a restaurant even though the seating is still outdoors. They recommend patrons keep their masks on until eating begins and the waiters should keep their masks on at all times.  

Governmental regulations, whether local, state, or federal are a different matter. Remember reading about Prohibition, segregation laws, and laws against women doing a lot of things in municipal places? This is meant to be humorous but even to this day women have to wear a top to cover their boobies even though men do not. Oh, the injustice of it all!

School districts at the county, city, or state level make it mandatory for your kids to get shots to go to a public school. But after the elementary level I don’t think higher schools check pupil’s health charts.

Here is an enormously effective compilation by the Alex Jones people.

I took this screenshot just now from Alex's Banned Video site to serve as holder for the link to the video.

On that site alone, this video has over 180k views. And it has been posted to lots of other alt media sites. So God knows how many people have seen it and will see it as word gets out.

Although the video runs for over 39 minutes, the compilation proper runs for about 26 minutes and a half. The last 13-14 minutes is Alex's advertising for his own organization, work and products. You will be able to tell when the compilation ends as the "banned.video" logo will take over the entire screen.

Click on the image below and a new tab will open on the Banned Video site with the video. 

Then get a cup of coffee, sit back, start the video and watch your jaw eventually drop. Note that this is not a parody or rant or anything like that. It is simply a compilation of these people speaking in their own words. Granted, it's spliced and intertwined and sometimes an effect is added, but nothing is taken out of context.

image.png

This is an excellent piece of propaganda.

You can't watch it without feeling the tug of "Wait a minute... whaaat?..." inside you at some point.

I believe it's for the right cause, too.

Notice one thing. These people in the video are behind the fake news, fake social media, and fake search engine cartels taking down and banning opinions from certified practicing doctors, not to mention long-standing experts, who don't sing their party line. These jerks are not censoring one or two certified practicing doctors and experts. They are censoring these doctors and experts in bulk.

Why?

The Alex Jones people are certainly not censoring them.

Why not just refute the doctors and experts?

If the ruling class elitist establishment believes countless certified practicing doctors and long-standing experts who do not agree with them need to be silenced in public by force and collusion, maybe there's something wrong with the message of the ruling class elitist establishment--so much wrong that a bunch of doctors, long-standing experts and public are not buying it.

Michael

Association of American Physicians & Surgeons (AAPS) filed a lawsuit, AAPS v. FDA, against the Food and Drug Administration to end its arbitrary interference with the use of hydroxychloroquine (HCQ), which President Trump and other world leaders have taken as a prophylaxis against COVID-19.

“It is shocking that medical workers in Brazil will have access to HCQ as a prophylaxis while Americans are blocked by the FDA from accessing the same medication for the same use,” observes AAPS Executive Director Jane Orient, M.D.

“There is no legal or factual basis for the FDA to limit use of HCQ,” states AAPS General Counsel Andrew Schlafly. “The FDA’s restrictions on HCQ for Americans are completely indefensible in court.”

Many foreign nations, including China, India, South Korea, Costa Rica, United Arab Emirates, and Turkey, use HCQ for early treatment and prevention of COVID-19,  AAPS points out."

aapsonline.org/hcqsuit/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dglgmut said:

Here's an aggregation of presumably the vast majority of international studies on HCQ to date:

Thanks! I don’t plan on checking to see if my doctor at the VA or the doctor I go to for a checkup and my CPAP supply prescription will give me a prescription for that drug but I will continue to pay attention to coronavirus news. And I will be on top of any vaccines approved for the virus. I am going to a small family gathering today, but I am trying to self-isolate, as is my wife. Peter

From Fox News. Australia declares 'State of Disaster' in Victoria after coronavirus cases spike continues. The state recorded almost 700 new cases overnight from Saturday.

A “State of Disaster” was declared for the Australian state of Victoria after almost 700 new cases of coronavirus were recorded overnight, according to reports . . . . “If you’ve got that many cases – and they’re not just in metropolitan Melbourne, they’re in regional Victoria as well – if you have that many cases of community transmission you must assume you have even more and on that basis you can no longer be confident that you’ve got a precise understanding of how much virus is there,” Victoria Premier Daniel Andrews said during a press briefing . . . .

Yeah this virus kills people, more than the average flu...there is a huge difference between it and the Spanish flu of 1918.  That flu ravaged people between the age of 20-40.  People’s own immune systems that were strong ended up killing them.  It spread fast and it killed fast often wiping out clusters within 4-5 days.  Covid cannnnnn kill healthy people but mostly kills old people.   The only thing it has in common with that pandemic is it seems to be highly contagious.  1/3 the worlds population caught it in 4waves over 2 years. 17-50million dead(or more?).

Even with our population being 10x higher I doubt very much the death toll will be nearly as high.

1 hour ago, Jon Letendre said:

Victoria Premier Daniel Andrews explained that his slaves are forbidden from visiting friends in their homes but not forbidden from visiting commercial hospitality, because they would be "unsupervised" in their homes and may not practice the correct protocols.

Strange how none of this fascism and economy cancelling was ever required when we had much worse outbreaks in the past.

Premier Andrews is upset that when ADF went to homes to visit some people who presumably knew or should have known of their positive status, they were not at home. He assures us he will refer them to the police (but doesn't want that to be seen as a criticism of them.)

"Mr Andrews said there were 30 Australian Defence Force teams doorknocking in Victoria on Wednesday and 269 homes were visited.

A number of coronavirus-infected residents were not home.  

'Now, I don't want this to be seen as criticism or blame, but I'm obliged to point out that there were a number of people who were not home,' he said.

'They will be referred to Victoria Police.' "

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8574253/Victoria-announces-record-700-new-coronavirus-cases-13-deaths.html

• Like 1

On 7/29/2020 at 12:41 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Ah... what the hell... I avoid talking about this stuff to keep the tension down... but here goes... Jon is a warrior. He has a warrior's mind (I am going by his posts). That means when he sees an enemy, he goes all in and fuck the rest. 

What do warriors do? They break things and kill people. They do that because they like to do that, especially when they feel in the right. Warriors are blunt instruments. And for feeling in the right, QAnon does it for him. I'm perfectly fine with that, even when I disagree.

I ran medical patrols, when I wasn't shooting at someone. I'm half-assed.

--Brant

my bullets weren't blunt, but my needles. . .

I may have a warrior's mind, but I also have a nurterer's heart. The former was useful in my fifteen successful years as a slumlord and the latter as a successful at-home parent, raising two daughters after their mother spent 12 family leave weeks at home then returned to work. I am probably the one with the highest nurturing credentials here. I know I don't win the warrior contest, never been shot at, never had a knife come at me, never had to even try to harm another. I carry since being a slumlord at age 22 and several times I was about to draw and fire but still have never had to. The last time was about 15 years ago at the end of my landlording career. I was selling my last building and had with me my two year old and my newborn sleeping in a takeaway carseat with a handle. We arrived a little early for a morning showing at the building so my selling broker and the buyers were not there yet. We were in an empty unit with wood floors, you could hear a pin drop and it was very echowy and I wondered why my newborn was making those nasal sounds. I walked to her and realized it was not her but was coming from a closet. I put them into a room and went back to this closet, opened it and took four or five steps back. A man emerged, befuddled. I don't know how he got into the building or the apartment but he looked strung out from the night before. I had my palm on my CZ 9mm now and could be very fast.  I mustered my sternest, pointing to the exit and saying "that way." He went that way.