Coronavirus

Peter

From Tony’s Link: “YouTube censors epidemiologist Knut Wittkowski for opposing lockdown.”

Who ya gunna call? Ghostbusters? Nope. The new James Bound film, point zero, zero, seven, “No Time To Cry,” with Daniel Craig, Rami Malek, Ralph Fiennes, and cameos by Dame Judie Dench, and Helen Mirren. Synapses: The Chinese deliberately infect their people with a virus that will kill many of them, but will also be carried to Europe, Africa, North America, and all the populated continents. Chinese Asians have some immunity to the disease but others do not. The death tolls in other countries will be higher but that is not the coronavirus’ purpose. It true purpose is to destroy the economies and militaries of the rest of the world, leaving China as the sole superpower. But the courageous heroes of the world propose that instead of quarantining, the world should open up to trade and commerce, while 007 goes after . . . . 

I wonder if any readers object to President Trump taking an unproven vaccine for malaria to prevent the coronavirus? Several doctors have said it has no proven prevention power, yet I have also read that flu shots taken in the last year DO “lessen the symptoms” of Covid-19. I imagine there are people who also want to get the malaria vaccine but can’t find a doctor to give it to them.

As I have mentioned, if you go to a hospital or immediate care place in our area, they require you to stay in your car, communicate by phone or yell from a distance, and get your temperature and symptoms checked before you can enter. And entering must be one person at a time, with no one accompanying you inside.

I went to a liquor store late yesterday for “snake bite medicine” and they had the usual door signs you must wear a mask, stay six feet apart, had Plexiglas sheets up, etc., and the shopper ahead of me at checkout was wearing a mask. He asked the clerk who was not wearing a mask and looked haggard, if he was all right and the clerk said he was, just very tired because he had been swamped all day long.

No one demanded he wear a mask. I am still periodically checking my forehead for heat but if anything, I feel cool. We had an Instacart grocery delivery left at our back door.  Peter      

Notes. China’s New Outbreak Shows Signs the Virus Could Be Changing Bloomberg News (Bloomberg) -- Chinese doctors are seeing the coronavirus manifest differently among patients in its new cluster of cases in the northeast region compared to the original outbreak in Wuhan, suggesting that the pathogen may be changing in unknown ways and complicating efforts to stamp it out. Patients found in the northern provinces of Jilin and Heilongjiang appear to carry the virus for a longer period of time and take longer to test negative, Qiu Haibo, one of China’s top critical care doctors, told state television on Tuesday. Patients in the northeast also appear to be taking longer than the one to two weeks observed in Wuhan to develop symptoms after infection, and this delayed onset is making it harder for authorities to catch cases before they spread, said Qiu, who is now in the northern region treating patients . . . .

Just heard governor of NY’s explanation that front line healthcare workers have low(?) infection rates because they wear masks, will a large dose of “duh” to stupid shame the proletariat. Pretty sure a lot of front line types are taking HCQ and zinc.

Wait , China is saying the rest of the world needs to stay shut ? Man are they helpful or what, I’ll stay tuned to Chinese state health officials a big bunch of mensch there eh?

• Like 1

POTUS daily ingest HCQ prevent COVID-19?
Pre announcement: tools [source(s), data, COV-1 v COV-2 analysis, etc.] provided to factually ‘challenge’ narrative?
Full attack v HCQ by media [D]s?
Why?
Why wouldn’t the media [D]s want to work [on all fronts] to find a possible solution [immediate dismissal]?
Why doesn’t the media [D]s want the pandemic [rearrange: dem panic] to slow-stop?
Why doesn’t the media [D]s want society to heal [recover]?
Why doesn't the media [D]s want people to no longer fear going outside?
Why doesn’t the media [D]s want people to point the finger at China as the source?
Why does’t the media [D]s want people to return to work [normal daily lives]?
Who benefits the most?
Why does corp media [D] attempt to control us?
Why does corp media [D] challenge [attack] anyone who defies pushed_coordinated narrative?
Why does corp media [D] attempt to prevent [individual] critical thinking [public]?
Is this about the virus or something else?
Everything is at stake this election.
Q

4 hours ago, Peter said:

I wonder if any readers object to President Trump taking an unproven vaccine for malaria to prevent the coronavirus?  [...]  I imagine there are people who also want to get the malaria vaccine but can’t find a doctor to give it to them.

I don't object in the least.  But the chemical compound you refer to is not a vaccine. Hydroxychloroquine is a well-known generic anti-malarial prophylactic and therapeutic in a class originally invented in Bayer labs. It's been widely used since American government-sponsored clinical trials revealed its potency against the mosquito-carried scourge.

A vaccine or inoculation or immunization  involves a dead/weak/part virus or bacterium "presented" to the body -- which 'learns' the fingerprint of the infective agent and 'trains' early warning components for a future immune-system response.  Smallpox vaccine is an example of an anti-viral,  cholera vaccine an example of an anti-bacterial.

Malaria infection involves a plasmodium, a parasitic organism neither a virus nor a bacterium -- chloroquine and its analogues disrupt the parasite feeding (and shitting heme). 

In positive news for everyone but Jordan Sather, a malaria vaccine candidate is about to enter Phase Four (human) trials.

The best thing about the drug Hydroxychloroquine prescribed to the President is that its dosage-toxicity is known and ill-effects studied and tabulated into a kind of risk-ranking -- which ends up as a list of observed/assumed side-effects, from rarely-observed to more common but not general. No doubt the President has been briefed on those possibilities and his physicians are alert. 

The drug itself is cleared for clinical trials and emergency (compassionate) use in the USA by the FDA . It is not yet approved as a prophylactic treatment regime.  People with and without pull can get it if they want it, I guess. For a guy with the job description of Donald Trump, given his age, it can easily be seen as an urgent intervention ... if it makes him immune while he is on it, great.

If you can convince your doctor to prescribe a continuing course of the drug , you may well be protected against SARS-CoV-2 replicating in your nasal and bronchial tracts. As a treatment or therapeutic for a COVID-19 illness, I believe its ultimate utility will be figured out in the various trials around the world. Will it be useful as an early intervention and/or preventive?  Will it become the 'indicated' treatment for some or all the stages of the disease? Will it save lives of folks having the worst time?

I don't know.  I do hope so.

I think worldwide efforts to develop a vaccine will bear fruit relatively quickly -- I am hopeful such a product will be available for the most vulnerable sooner than a year from now. Gold-standard trials of HCQ (and adjuvants) will probably show reliable results long before the world has a vaccine.

[Added:] I should also have noted natural immunization or natural immunities. In this case, the body mounts a defense to a virulent invader or bacterial squadron "presented" to it. Once the natural infection progression is over, the body has learned its lesson, and the immune system has a production line of warriors ready to go all out for the next foreign visitor wearing that uniform. You likely won't get measles a second time.  You probably will not get smallpox again.  It might not be the last time you will have syphilis, but odds are you won't have the worst symptoms the next time. 

Herd Immunity is a useful concept. To my understanding if 90% of the "herd" are immunized against a thing, the thing is much less likely to find a 'host' to replicate and emerge as an infectant to the the herd members who have never 'met' it. 

On the whole, I would much rather have an unnatural herd immunity become the norm in nursing homes. Some stories of deaths by COVID-19 are horrifying. Here in British Columbia, there is little age-discrimination in healthcare for the most part. If you are in a nursing home and need COVID-19 hospitalization by the same indices as anyone else, but are not ultimately going to make it -- you get the full treatment of end-of-life care. You don't drown in terror alone in a home. For the most part.

I do hope everyone in the OL 'family' is safe and sound. We tend to be on the 'vulnerable' end of the age scale in relation to the virus.  Cheers to Reason, cheers to all who accept my cheers. Wringing truth or reliable information out of the sodden quilt of media small and large is not easy at the best of times. In these times, the weight of untruths seems especially heavy. 

Edited by william.scherk
On the Fourth of Grammaire [added blah blah]

3 hours ago, tmj said:

Wait , China is saying the rest of the world needs to stay shut ? Man are they helpful or what...

T,

I know people have already figured out the following, but I think it needs to be said and repeated just like the mainstream fake news repeats shit.

Note that China always came out ahead in international trade by lying and cheating mixed with deals that looked orthodox on the surface. Everyone called this a "new form of capitalism" and marveled how China was adapting to free markets. 

China needs economic dominance to take over the world, seeing that everything communism-wise aims at ruling all of mankind. That's why it lies and cheats.

China signed a new trade deal and tried to lie and cheat when the time came to honor it. But this time, it couldn't pull off the shady stuff. Now China is now losing billions of dollars each year compared to former years just to stay in the international trade game.

China is not amused at losing money. China hates losing money. China hates losing power over other countries.

Suddenly, at the very moment this sinks in for China's rulers, the coronavirus appeared out of China and economies tanked in countries the world over because they shut down to contain the plague.

China is still open for business and keeps knocking on doors.

Nice coincidence, huh?

🙂 

In China's "new form of capitalism," I guess this is called creative destruction.

Michael

• Like 1

Novel viruses go through populations as they would.

What makes this specific virus , novelty aside , garner  the world’s  governments reaction to it?

None of this lines up with past societal reactions to pandemics,  especially the quarantining of healthy citizens.

It doesn’t feel like we are getting smarter , so why the change?

1 minute ago, tmj said:

Novel viruses go through populations as they would.

What makes this specific virus , novelty aside , garner  the world’s  governments reaction to it?

None of this lines up with past societal reactions to pandemics,  especially the quarantining of healthy citizens.

It doesn’t feel like we are getting smarter , so why the change?

T,

Globalism.

Globalists the world over made a play and coordinated with each other on this coronavirus shutdown project.

Don't forget that globalists (ruling class elitists) love China and hate the USA.

Why? Probably because ruling class elitists always lie and cheat for their money and often get away with it--so it's a kindred spirit kind of thing.

But there's a deeper premise and we have to keep repeating it to keep this thought front of mind in the mainstream.

Globalists, China, elitists (left and right), the vaccine cartel, and all the different ruling class factions, are not interested in improving mankind at root. They're not even interested in money at root. They all want power. Power qua power. Power as an end in itself.

That is their root. To them, things like human improvement, health. money, international trade, etc., are consequences of holding power. And when you push them enough and expose them enough, you find that all of them adhere to Mao's dictum that power grows out of the barrel of a gun.

btw - This tweet keeps popping up all over the place, so what the hell. I'm putting it here, too.

Michael

2 hours ago, Jon Letendre said:

POTUS daily ingest HCQ prevent COVID-19?
Pre announcement: tools [source(s), data, COV-1 v COV-2 analysis, etc.] provided to factually ‘challenge’ narrative?
Full attack v HCQ by media [D]s?
Why?
Why wouldn’t the media [D]s want to work [on all fronts] to find a possible solution [immediate dismissal]?
Why doesn’t the media [D]s want the pandemic [rearrange: dem panic] to slow-stop?
Why doesn’t the media [D]s want society to heal [recover]?
Why doesn't the media [D]s want people to no longer fear going outside?
Why doesn’t the media [D]s want people to point the finger at China as the source?
Why does’t the media [D]s want people to return to work [normal daily lives]?
Who benefits the most?
Why does corp media [D] attempt to control us?
Why does corp media [D] challenge [attack] anyone who defies pushed_coordinated narrative?
Why does corp media [D] attempt to prevent [individual] critical thinking [public]?
Is this about the virus or something else?
Everything is at stake this election.
Q

******  "DISEASE X" REMINDER  ******

===== Start Quote =====

https://www.sciencealert.com/mysterious-disease-x-next-deadly-global-epidemic-who-warns-virus-pathogen

Mysterious 'Disease X' Could Be The Next Deadly Global Epidemic, WHO Warns

PETER DOCKRILL 12 MARCH 2018 
It's a contagion so deadly and mysterious, we know nothing about it – except that it could be the next global epidemic, according to experts at the World Health Organisation (WHO).

Code-named 'Disease X', this mystery pathogen hasn't even been discovered yet, but the looming threat of its almost certain inevitability has secured it a place on the WHO's 'most dangerous' list: a catalogue of potential future epidemics for which countermeasures are insufficient – or don't exist at all.

But how can a disease that hasn't even been identified be considered such a serious threat to public health?

The best way of thinking about it is that 'Disease X' is a placeholder for a contagious hazard we haven't encountered yet, but which is virtually certain. It's a so-called 'known unknown' that the WHO says we need to be prepared for, which is why the mystery malady is now on the agency's R&D Blueprint of priority diseases.

"Disease X represents the knowledge that a serious international epidemic could be caused by a pathogen currently unknown to cause human disease," the WHO explained in a recent statement.

"The R&D Blueprint explicitly seeks to enable cross-cutting R&D preparedness that is also relevant for an unknown 'Disease X' as far as possible."

The R&D Blueprint was initially released in 2015, and is reviewed on an annual basis, with the WHO explaining it exists to prioritise the top emerging pathogens likely to cause severe outbreaks in the near future, for which few or no medical countermeasures exist.

The most recent review took place in February, with experts agreeing the following diseases are the ones that most urgently require researchers' attention: Crimean-Congo haemorrhagic fever (CCHF); Ebola virus disease and Marburg virus disease; Lassa fever; Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS); Nipah and henipaviral diseases; Rift Valley fever (RVF); and Zika virus.

This year, for the first time, the WHO added Disease X to the list, in an acknowledgment of the fact it's highly probable another pathogen will soon be added to this record – and by increasing awareness of that probability, it may actually boost research efforts to combat the imminent, unknown, threat.

"History tells us that it is likely the next big outbreak will be something we have not seen before", chief executive of the Research Council of Norway and WHO adviser John-Arne Rottingen told The Telegraph.

"It may seem strange to be adding an 'X' but the point is to make sure we prepare and plan flexibly in terms of vaccines and diagnostic tests. We want to see 'plug and play' platforms developed which will work for any, or a wide number of diseases; systems that will allow us to create countermeasures at speed."

As for where Disease X could come from, nobody knows for sure, but there a multitude of possible sources, including existing viruses that demonstrate new virulence and symptoms (such as Zika virus), engineered viruses escaped from laboratories or used as bioweapons, and zoonotic infections transferred from animals to humans.

"As the ecosystem and human habitats change there is always the risk of disease jumping from animals to humans," Rottingen said.

"It's a natural process and it is vital that we are aware and prepare. It is probably the greatest risk."

While we can be thankful Disease X probably doesn't exist yet, the likelihood of it appearing in the future is definitely something we should be aware of, in the hopes we can stay one step ahead of any future threats – especially as we continue to encounter and take over what remains of the natural environment.

"The intensity of animal and human contact is becoming much greater as the world develops," WHO scientific adviser Marion Koopmans explained to The Telegraph.

"This makes it more likely new diseases will emerge but also modern travel and trade make it much more likely they will spread."

===== End Quote =====

Ellen

William wrote, ‘But the chemical compound you refer to is not a vaccine. Hydroxychloroquine is a well-known generic anti-malarial prophylactic and therapeutic in a class originally invented in Bayer labs.

Sorry Wilhelm. I did not know youse was a pharmacist. I don’t think I would take the malaria drug.

1 hour ago, Mark said:

CATASTROPHE: 20% of Human Test Subjects Severely Injured from Gates-Fauci Moderna Coronavirus Vaccine
By Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.

“Moderna allowed only exceptionally healthy volunteers to participate in the study.”

There are a couple other articles linked to from the article Mark cites.

One reports that Ferguson - the developer of the badly flawed Imperial code - has been forced to resign, ostensibly because he "broke coronavirus lockdown rules."  (He says he thought he was immune to the virus, but that he was wrong nonetheless in breaking protocol.)

https://www.fort-russ.com/2020/05/forced-to-resign-corrupt-covid-19-histrionic-uk-health-advisor-neil-ferguson-quits-in-shame-questions-linger/

The other has some chilling information about consequences of a coronavirus vaccine.

https://www.fort-russ.com/2020/05/were-conspiracy-theorists-right-bill-gates-supported-moderna-inc-prepares-mid-stage-trials-for-covid-19-vaccine/

"To date, there has never been a successful coronavirus vaccine made, due to the nature of the virus. Additionally, past attempts to create a coronavirus vaccine have only resulted in leaving the vaccinated person with a higher chance of serious illness and death when later exposed to another strain of the virus.

"It is expected that this novel coronavirus will mutate at least every season, raising serious questions about claims to a vaccine that will either work, or moreover, not render the vaccinated more vulnerable to evolved strains."

--- End Quote

If that's true, along with being scary, it militates against an idea I expressed on Ed Hudgins' recent thread that the collaborators responsible for developing COVID-19 already had a vaccine for protecting themselves and specific others whom they didn't want to be at risk.  Presumably they would know about the secondary hazards of a coronavirus vaccine.

Ellen

11 hours ago, Peter said:

I wonder if any readers object to President Trump taking an unproven vaccine for malaria to prevent the coronavirus?

Peter,

In the interest of being helpful, this is hydroxychloroquine, the medication President Trump is taking.

image.png

Here is how we take it.

image.png

This is a vaccine:

image.png

Here is how they want all of us to take it:

image.png

🙂

Michael

What I heard about treatment by Zelenko, the NY Dr who claims he treated 400 patients at high risk for severe illness, only two of which died.

“There is a very narrow window of opportunity where you can hit this virus hard and early where it makes all the difference,” 

HCQ doesnt actually do anything in terms of curing or slowing down the SARS-CoV-2 infection. What the HCQ did was open the cell membrane so that the zinc which has already been shown effective to deal with viruses in the bloodstream could actually get inside the cell membrane and attack the virus there. An antibiotic is added because if it was at the point where people we're already fighting off a SARS-CoV-2 infection then chances are secondary bacteriological infections might have already had a foothold.

2 hours ago, turkeyfoot said:

What I heard about treatment by Zelenko, the NY Dr who claims he treated 400 patients at high risk for severe illness, only two of which died.

“There is a very narrow window of opportunity where you can hit this virus hard and early where it makes all the difference,” 

HCQ doesnt actually do anything in terms of curing or slowing down the SARS-CoV-2 infection. What the HCQ did was open the cell membrane so that the zinc which has already been shown effective to deal with viruses in the bloodstream could actually get inside the cell membrane and attack the virus there. An antibiotic is added because if it was at the point where people we're already fighting off a SARS-CoV-2 infection then chances are secondary bacteriological infections might have already had a foothold.

I had heard the drug President Trump took to weaken The Chinese Virus can also cause damage to the retina and it can turn a person’s hair white. Weird. I am almost positive I was given it years ago when I was in the Army in Asia. I remember it was voluntary too! And I remember medics came around twice maybe to check on me after I took it. I was in South Korea but if I remember, the guys in Vietnam were more routinely given HCQ. I was there for part of a second summer and I was not offered the drug again. Peter

Notes from Wikipedia. Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ), sold under the brand name Plaquenil among others, is a medication used to prevent and treat malaria in areas where malaria remains sensitive to chloroquine.[2] Other uses include treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and porphyria cutanea tarda.[2] It is taken by mouth.[2] HCQ is being studied to prevent and treat coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).[3] Evidence for such use is currently lacking with concerns of potential harms from side effects.[3][4]

Common side effects may include vomiting, headache, changes in vision, and muscle weakness.[2] Severe side effects may include allergic reactions, vision problems, and heart problems.[2][5] Although all risk cannot be excluded, it remains a treatment for rheumatic disease during pregnancy.[6] Hydroxychloroquine is in the antimalarial and 4-aminoquinoline families of medication.[2]

Hydroxychloroquine was approved for medical use in the United States in 1955.[2] It is on the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines, the safest and most effective medicines needed in a health system.[7] In 2017, it was the 128th most commonly prescribed medication in the United States, with more than five million prescriptions.

19 hours ago, william.scherk said:

I do hope everyone in the OL 'family' is safe and sound.

Thanks, William. Rush Limbaugh was just talking about Governor Cuomo sticking a bunch of senior citizens who were ill or vulnerable into one or two nursing homes which killed off a large percent of them. Hopefully, their families will be able to sue the notorious bastard.

edit. Oh, and has anyone else heard about a flu shot in the last year lessening the affects of the Chinese Virus?

Turkeyfoot wrote: What the HCQ did was open the cell membrane so that the zinc which has already been shown effective to deal with viruses in the bloodstream could actually get inside the cell membrane and attack the virus there. end quote

I took a Centrum multivitamin today which contains zinc. And I just checked my forehead again for a fever. Nope. “I’m OK! I’m OK!?” as Carl Sagan said in his movie “Contact.” Or was that the Jodie Foster character Eleanor Arroway? You know there will be a “rash” of new pandemic movies.

This whole government mandated “closing” and “opening up” is problematic for a libertarian / objectivist. We do “voluntarily” allow the government to constitutionally take over (to a degree) during a crisis or a war. So, is this one of those dire cases . . . after months in quarantine? So many people are protesting and clamoring to open businesses, and locally, the boardwalk.

Do We The People know what is best for ourselves? Are the people who voluntarily mingle jeopardizing the rest of the population? That argument is used to keep schools closed too. What do you think?  

The pandemics in 1957 and then again in 1968 killed roughly 100k Americans each, they were influenza viruses , I don't know of any societal wide reactions that match this one. Did we flatten a curve ? Or do curves just do what curves do? It doesn't seem like lockdowns did much other than economic damage.

I mean pandemics suck , but yeah they suck. Hurricanes suck too . ?

It's starting to really feel like we've been played , no ?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, tmj said:

The pandemics in 1957 and then again in 1968 killed roughly 100k Americans each, they were influenza viruses , I don't know of any societal wide reactions that match this one. Did we flatten a curve ? Or do curves just do what curves do? It doesn't seem like lockdowns did much other than economic damage.

I mean pandemics suck , but yeah they suck. Hurricanes suck too . ?

It's starting to really feel like we've been played , no ?

I don't think we have been "played." There is another outbreak in China and we have yet to fully open up, so I will hunker down and wait to see what happens. I won't be going to bars, arenas, or anywhere where lots of people congregate. I have an urge to go into a big box store like Walmart but I will hold out.

Trump, just now in a news conference, with no mask. Gasp! Or would wearing a mask cause you to gasp? President Trump, "We've learned a lot about the disease and now it's time for our county to reopen."  

They need mail-in ballots in order to cheat enough to defeat Trump and keep their necks out of nooses. They need very intense fear to push mail-in through. Mentally prepare now for false flags and terror, (please start expecting that now so you don't lose your shit and become infinitely malleable when it hits.) It is coming, it is [THEM] -- so get angry when it hits, not fearful.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tmj said:

It's starting to really feel like we've been played , no?

We've certainly been played as to the deadliness of it.  It's a real virus, and extra-hard on particular categories of people.  But it's no where near the killer it was projected as being.

We've been played - by a "Disease X" scheme that was already planned out for potential use in early 2018.

Ellen

• Like 2