Coronavirus

Peter

27 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

There's a story apparently breaking about Gates, the W.H.O, NIH, Wuhan and "Spirit Cooker" Marina Abramovic having been hacked...

I don't know how true this is, but VICE is certainly putting their uh, spin on it...

Neo-Nazis Are Spreading a List of Emails and Passwords for Gates Foundation and WHO Employees

Both organizations are the targets of absurd conspiracy theories among the far-right.

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/akwxzp/neo-nazis-are-spreading-a-list-of-emails-and-passwords-for-gates-foundation-and-who-employees

23 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

I don't know how true this is, but VICE is certainly putting their uh, spin on it...

TG,

I hope this is true, but thinking objectively, this is fog of war communication.

We have to wait and see before we can even know what we can speculate with any probability of it being real.

Wait and see--that's the best we've got right now--that is, unless you are acquainted with someone credible who can show you actual evidence.

Barring that, I don't believe anybody at first blush right now.

Still, one can hope...

🙂

Michael

On 3/29/2020 at 11:43 PM, ThatGuy said:

I didn't know that Anonymous was still a thing, and I don't know if it's connected to Q...but there's a new video that just dropped tonight targeting Bill Gates re: Coronavirus:

Looks like the video was removed...
But reposting this here, as possibly related to the Anonymous threat to expose Bill Gates:

That story about Microsoft producing communications stuff with the Serbian spirit cooker lady, Marina Abramović, stinks to high heaven, not because it's false, but because she's so damn icky, even for a gypsy (or witch 🙂 ).

It's not possible the entire marketing department of Microsoft is made up of devil worshipers. They know they sell their products to a predominantly Christian market. So what the hell were they thinking?

Imagine Saudi Aramco, the massive oil company, hiring David Icke as their poster boy. To me, this rings about the same ridiculous-wise.

And I even like some of the stuff Icke comes out with. When he's on, he bothers the hell out of the right people. And when he's too far out to make any goddam sense (which is often), I find him fun. 🙂  

But that still doesn't negate how weird it would be for Icke to pitch Aramco on the air waves.

Abramović and Microsoft are like that to me.

Michael

28 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Still, one can hope...

56 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

[TG quoting VICE]

Both organizations are the targets of absurd conspiracy theories among the far-right.

The VICE statement gives strong (inverse) grounds for hope.

Ellen

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

That story about Microsoft producing communications stuff with the Serbian spirit cooker lady, Marina Abramović, stinks to high heaven, not because it's false, but because she's so damn icky, even for a gypsy (or witch 🙂 ).

It's not possible the entire marketing department of Microsoft is made up of devil worshipers. They know they sell their products to a predominantly Christian market. So what the hell were they thinking?

Imagine Saudi Aramco, the massive oil company, hiring David Icke as their poster boy. To me, this rings about the same ridiculous-wise.

And I even like some of the stuff Icke comes out with. When he's on, he bothers the hell out of the right people. And when he's too far out to make any goddam sense (which is often), I find him fun. 🙂  

But that still doesn't negate how weird it would be for Icke to pitch Aramco on the air waves.

Abramović and Microsoft are like that to me.

Michael

RE: David Icke: I have to admit, it took me a long time to take any of this seriously BECAUSE of him, with his talk of lizard people and such (that, coupled with the debunking efforts of James Randi...)

Icke, David
In March 1991, a former U.K. soccer star, spokesperson for the Green party, and broadcaster named David Icke called a press conference in London to announce a number of upcoming world-shaking events revealed to him personally, he said, by Socrates, “the Godhead,” Jesus Christ, and various other spirits. They had chosen him, he said, to be the “channel for the Christ spirit.” The press paid close attention and published lengthy interviews with Mr. Icke.

Mr. Icke declared that “disruptive thought vibrations” originating with the Sicilian Mafia and the Tiananmen Square massacre in China had combined to set in motion a cataclysm that would first be evidenced when Mount Rainier in the United States would explode. No date was given. This would be followed, he said, by the complete disappearance of New Zealand, the collapse of the Channel Tunnel, the fall of Naples Cathedral, and an unspecified failure of the Texas oil fields.

These events would be brought about by the “archangel Ak-Taurus,” who, he said, had previously managed to thwart an attempt by the citizens of Atlantis to avoid the submersion of that civilization. The Atlanteans, said Mr. Icke, had been urged to tune in to the “power point” at Stonehenge, but they did not heed the warning and were thus destroyed. He also revealed that both King Arthur and Merlin, along with the archangels, have now turned off the power at Stonehenge so that Ak-Taurus cannot use it against mankind. What a relief!

By Christmas 1991, Mr. Icke predicted, Cuba, Greece, the Isle of Arran, the cliffs of Kent, and Teeside would be hit by a great earthquake (8.0 on the Richter scale) that would submerge them.

Mr. Icke has since stated that at the time he made these predictions he knew they were crazy. I have no disagreement with that evaluation.

https://web.randi.org/i---encyclopedia-of-claims.html

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

TG,

You mean now you take him seriously?

:evil: 🙂 

Michael

Hah...I meant any kind of conspiracy in general...
(Though if you told me Nancy Pelosi was a lizard person, I wouldn't be shocked...)

4 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

TG,

Your wish is my command.

image.png

🙂

Michael

But where's the lizard pict-oh, wait, that is the lizard picture...couldn't tell the difference...
(Mean? Maybe. But she brought it on herself...)

20 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

TG,

Or maybe you're a lizard person? Haunting the Randians to take over later?

That's why you couldn't tell at first?

Hmmmmm?

🙂

Michael

Is there a reptilian version of the Turing Test? Am I a reptilian replicant? And whatever happened to the "Bat Boy" from the National Enquirer?
("Inquiring minds want to know...")

On 4/21/2020 at 9:03 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I try, but I just don't find the ARI folks relevant in current events.

Michael: The relevance lies in the fact that they are influential to others. Because of the name in their org's title. Brook, for one, has quite a large fan base I gather. I believe they are younger Objectivists or could be libertarians too. So when he grandstands his political biases in the name of Rand, (e.g. "she would have despised x") - which he should not be doing, not speaking for her, not using his status in official Objectivism, not overtly involving himself in party politics, not prescribing to independent thinking O'ists ANY personal preference - to his audience, he's doing two things I strongly object to: diminishing the president (as commonly, Leftists there and here do) and cheapening Objectivism. The influence he wields can move voters too.

4 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

Is there a reptilian version of the Turing Test? Am I a reptilian replicant? And whatever happened to the "Bat Boy" from the National Enquirer?
("Inquiring minds want to know...")

TG,

I won't tell if you won't tell...

:evil:  🙂

Just teasing. Actually, I've been doing some web surfing. :evil:  🙂 

(I think we've reached peak comedic milking of this motif. On my end, I don't know if I can keep this one going without getting so bizarre I question my own sanity, like looking at reptile recipes and so forth. 🙂  At least I don't eat bats and unleash plagues. That's batshit crazy. So I'm good. 🙂 )

Michael

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anthony said:

Because of the name in their org's title. Brook, for one, has quite a large fan base I gather.

Tony,

Nah...

I looked at his YouTube account. He has 18.1 thousand subscribers right now. His most viewed video (a 2017 debate with Yale Law School Professor Daniel Markovits) has 68,332 views as of this post. 

I looked at his Twitter account. He has 22.8 thousand followers. And look at his tweets. The recent ones get 3 likes, 4 likes, etc. A retweet here and there.

Who is he going to influence re current events with numbers like that?

1 hour ago, anthony said:

The influence he wields can move voters too.

In terms of swaying voters to change their minds, I honestly believe, in our little online corner here at OL, we have done more recently than he's ever done. I don't have data to back that up, but the people who come here tend to be people in our subcommunity who have their own groups and spheres of influence. I believe we gave many of them the intellectual ammunition (to use a Randian phrase) and courage to vote for Trump despite the bombardment from O-Land's higher-ups. And they quietly carried the torch to light up their own corners.

Brooks's influence is in preaching to a choir in public and making nice with establishment crony corporatists behind the scenes. Once in a while he gets a spot at a venue with a larger audience, like a TV show, or with David Rubin, or riding the coattails of Jordan Peterson, and so on, but I never see him make a splash with the public. One day he's there. The next day he's gone. And nobody in those places talk about him after he goes.

In the big picture, like I said, he's irrelevant. And that's a damn shame since he speaks in the name of Ayn Rand. 

The way he preaches and argues Rand's ideas does not change the culture for better or worse and his influence couldn't elect a dog catcher in any city or town.

Unfortunately, Tony, people like us have to the the work he and his crowd fail at. What's worse, he and his peeps get paid for what they do.

We don't.

Michael

On 4/13/2020 at 8:57 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Take a look at the expression on this cop's face as he stands there without moving while being cussed out.

Here's another one about police abuse of power, except this one is in Arizona.

It's a 40 minute video, so I only skimmed through it stopping here and there. But what I saw was appalling.

Here's the article by Jim Hoft at The Gateway Pundit where I got the video from.

“We Don’t Want You to Feel Like We’re Harassing You” – AWFUL! Bodycam Video Shows Business Owner Harassed and Arrested by Police for Staying Open

Notice what Bill Barr said recently (from The Daily Caller).

AG Barr Says DOJ May Go After Governors Who Persist With Strict Lockdown Rules

Jim Hoft is well-connected in the Trump administration. So I have little doubt this case in Arizona is going to get AG Barr's attention.

I hope he comes down on the politicians and law enforcement in Arizona hard.

They should be ashamed of themselves. We all know what grows from the crap they did. They know it, too, but they still did it.

Michael

From Rush Limbaugh today.

CDC “Experts” Sent Out Coronavirus Tests Tainted With Coronavirus?

RUSH: I want to read a headline to you. This headline is from one of my tech blogs, Ars Technica. Ready?

I’m just gonna read the headline and then I’m gonna go to commercial break. I’m gonna come back from the commercial break and I’m gonna provide you the details. But I think you’re gonna need this in two phases anyway. Are you ready? “The Centers for Disease Control’s Failed Coronavirus Tests Were Actually Tainted with the Virus — Tests provided early on by the CDC, according to a federal investigation, found that CDC…”

These are the best and the brightest. These are the experts. These are the people we cannot question. “[A] federal investigation found that CDC researchers were not following protocol and they released coronavirus tests that were actually tainted with the virus.”

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Here are the sad details, folks. “As the new coronavirus took root across America, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention sent states tainted test kits in early February that were themselves seeded with the virus, federal officials have confirmed. The contamination made the tests uninterpretable, and–because testing is crucial for containment efforts–it lost the country invaluable time to get ahead of the advancing pandemic.”

Well, you mean to tell me that the renowned experts, people who pontificate from on high and we can’t question, actually sent out coronavirus tests that were tainted with the virus? This story doesn’t even allude to the fact that maybe some people got the freaking thing from the tests or even the possibility of it?

. . .

The last I looked, Donald Trump has not been at the CDC. He was not there in early February conducting these tests. And the story says here it’s just tragic. Yes, it is.

Why am I not surprised?

Michael