Coronavirus

Peter

Back in the real world, how are law enforcement and the military doing? The San Diego Union-Tribune 2 hrs ago By Andrew Dyer: San Diego-based Navy ship confines crew amid soaring COVID-19 cases.

SAN DIEGO — The crew of the San Diego-based amphibious transport dock Somerset have been ordered to remain on board the ship as the Navy announced Wednesday that six more San Diego-based sailors have tested positive for COVID-19. The order to remain on board coincides with comments made Tuesday by Adm. Mike Gilday, the chief of naval operations, who said such orders are already being implemented on submarines 14 days out from getting underway.

Navy officials from the Somerset, Naval Surfaces Forces Pacific, 3rd Fleet and the Pacific Fleet would not confirm the order late Wednesday; however, a post on the ship’s Facebook page made note of the latest “schedule change.” “By now you may know about our schedule change,” wrote Capt. Dave Kurtz, the ship’s commanding officer, in the post. “I won’t go into details here due to operational security, but want to assure all that we’re taking every precaution we can to maintain the health of our Sailors and their families, while maintaining our ship’s readiness in support of the Nation.”

The spouse of a sailor on the Somerset told The San Diego Union-Tribune that sailors weren’t given advance notice of the move and were told upon arriving to work Wednesday morning. The Union-Tribune is not publishing her name because she said she fears reprisals for her husband. “They went to work today and were told they can’t go home anymore,” she said when reached by phone. “They told him his family concerns aren’t their problem and this is no different than being deployed.”

In his Facebook message to families, Kurtz said the ship is where the country needs its sailors right now. “Our Sailors have volunteered to serve where and when the country needs them,” Kurtz wrote. “That place is on USS SOMERSET and that time is now.”

The move came as the Navy announced the largest single-day jump in confirmed novel coronavirus cases Navywide. Seventeen Navy sailors and civilians were announced positive for COVID-19 late Wednesday. Among them are two sailors stationed aboard San Diego-based ships; however, the Navy is no longer disclosing which ships have positive cases.

Four more San Diego sailors and three San Diego Navy civilians are also among the new cases reported Wednesday. Wednesday’s announcement brings the total number of local military testing positive for COVID-19 to 33, including 18 sailors on Navy ships and 14 shore-based sailors. Four Marines have also tested positive. Five sailors on board a Navy ship at sea in the Pacific also tested positive, the Navy announced, though it did not say which ship.

On Tuesday, Thomas Modly, the acting Navy secretary, announced three sailors on board the San Diego-based carrier Theodore Roosevelt were being flown off the ship after testing positive while the ship is deployed to the Western Pacific.

Did he ever come home with one of those black eyes, Peter, to remind him of his oath to the cult?

Peter wrote:

I suspect everyone thinks Antifa is a bunch of goons. I just thought the alt right "boys" were a bunch of losers and goons too. I supposed their ages might be around 18 or so but they might be younger. I think "initiations" as with them, or the Masons for that matter, are for losers.

My Dad used to go through "secret rites" to get to a higher level of stupidity and superstition with the Masons. Handshakes. Secret passwords. Words to use in a conversation if you were trying to see if they were a Mason too. That's just crazy.

I know. I know, it is sometimes  better to avoid the objectionable in life rather than openly criticize it to avoid dislike and retribution. I think group think and cliques start in high school and then carry into adult life. I think the Boys were a bunch of ding dongs asking to be scarred or to die. Peter   

Shhhhh! Your name is Rodney?  Smiley face emoji. Don’t you see? It’s all connected to The Jefferson Starship and The Clinton Administration. And lyrics.

Hello by Hedley Is anybody listening now? Does anybody miss me now? What can I do To get through to you Cutting through the static and noise I really wanna hear your voice Need you tonight I hate how we fight

Hello by Lionel Richie I've been alone with you inside my mind And in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times I sometimes see you pass outside my door Hello, is it me you're looking for? I can see it in your eyes

Genesis. No Reply at all. Hello? Hello? HELLO? Is anybody listening? Ohhh (Yeah, can you hear me?) No reply at all (Ha, come on) Is anybody listening?

Pink Floyd Comfortably Numb Hello? Hello? Hello? Is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me Is there anyone at home? Come on now I hear you're feeling down Well I can ease your pain Get you on your feet again Relax I'll need some information first Just the basic facts
Can you show me where it hurts?

There is no pain you are receding
A distant ship smoke on the horizon
You are only coming through in waves
Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying
When I was a child I had a fever
My hands felt just like two balloons
Now I've got that feeling once again
I can't explain you would not understand
This is not how I am
I have become comfortably numb

Okay
Just a little pinprick
There'll be no more, ah
But you may feel a little sick
Can you stand up?
I do believe it's working, good
That'll keep you going through the show
Come on it's time to go

There is no pain you are receding
A distant ship, smoke on the horizon
You are only coming through in waves
Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying
When I was a child
I caught a fleeting glimpse
Out of the corner of my eye
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
I have become comfortably numb.

49 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

Michael—

If The Twat (whose father was a Mason) threatens his donations, yet again, I want you to know I will immediately begin forwarding you double whatever The Twat pays. All you have to do is promise to never receive another penny from The Twat and promise to delete all of The Twat’s content-free putdowns and attempted conversation stoppers as soon as they are posted.

Jon,

Donations have nothing to do with power in my world. I suppose that's one of the reasons I'm a little guy. (God, sometimes I think how easier it would be to sell out. :) )

Peter's contributions don't influence me in the manner you suggest--Peter and I clash at times. 

If they were to influence me in the manner you suggest, money would not be the value. Peter has a treasure trove of archives from the old Atlantis forum. He sometimes posts them here on OL--in a very personal curated manner that often seems disorganized, but that are generally relevant to current discussions. And that's OK by me. We get to hear from people in the Objectivist community,  many of whom are no longer with us and whose words at the time they posted would be otherwise lost.

On a personal note, I think he's a nice guy.

And, for the record, all donations are welcome. I'm very grateful for every cent. But they go to keeping this site alive. They will never go to me demanding people obey this or that because the donor said so. There is only one thing I demand obedience to--the site's rules with the flexibility I extend at times due to contexts.

Donations do not influence that.

In likewise fashion, I value you for my own reasons arrived at by my own independent thinking.

Donations do not influence that, either.

Michael

3 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

There is only one thing I demand obedience to--the site's rules with the flexibility I extend at times due to contexts.

Oh, thank you, Great Oz! You are the genius behind the curtain. Maybe Jon La Cockroach can start his own thread. Just sayin'. 

31 minutes ago, Peter said:

Oh, thank you, Great Oz! You are the genius behind the curtain. Maybe Jon La Cockroach can start his own thread. Just sayin'. 

Were there ever sounds from the basement that Dad gave weird explanations for? And you all knew the fiurnace doesn’t make that sound, anything like that from your earliest memories?

The DOW is up another 5 percent. No! It's over 6 percent. 22,531. Now down to 5.88 percent.

Sorry Bud.  I have re-blocked ole Jon. Odd.  Info comes up anyway, "Jon Letendre reacted to this" with a smiley face emoji just below my "Great Oz" letter.

I suppose I should ask, has anyone or anyone "you" know, come down with the coronavirus? Is anyone getting food from fast food places? I heard McDonald's employees are wearing gloves.

23 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

More from Polly.

Here are her references:

At the beginning of Polly's video, she gave one of the clearest explanations of Q I have come across to date.

That other narrative, of course, is Q. Crowdsourced, asymmetric, and covert, all at the same time.

Hang on, folks. It's a wild ride and gonna get wilder.

Can you even make up a name like Colonel Kuester as a Q insider and have it be a real name?

:)

If nobody has figured it out yet, in our own little way, OL is a part of this same asymmetric resistance to globalism. We're not part of a larger organization. We're pure grassroots.

We have a great philosophy for doing this, too, (thank you, Ms. Rand), but we are also doing the grunt work. By the elite nature of much of our audience (believe me, many people in our neck of the woods read OL, even if they don't post), we are getting the word to people and places that would otherwise reject it.

Michael

Thx for posting this.

--Brant

23 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Here is some economic news from Gerald Celente about the economic impact of the coronavirus mess.

I'm trying to get different inputs in my own reading and watching and Celente has a reputation as one of the greats, albeit a bit melodramatic.

This is the first time I have seen him (I think). I got turned off near the beginning by the overblown rant style. Thankfully, this happened in sporadic short surges. Fact-wise and information-wise, I like what he said.

Michael

Thx.

--Brant

Thank you Brant. I will avoid that in the future. Amazon and Insta-cart are apologizing for not having what you ordered or for being so slow in fulfilling your order.. Christ. On our 11 o’clock news. I saw a CBS video of a coronavirus scam artist He was persuasive. And I got the following in my email.  Peter

Dear McAfee Customer,As the global COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, our commitment to you remains unchanged: to protect your connected life. During these unprecedented times, we understand the challenges and concerns you may be experiencing, and we are fully committed to defending you and your loved ones against the latest online threats, no matter where you are.McAfee support teams are standing by to assist you. You can find answers and updates in our online help center, which includes articles, videos, community forums, and an interactive Digital Assistant. We appreciate your patience if you contact us and experience longer than usual hold times, as we work through the necessary steps to protect our staff and communities. We also encourage you to read our blog that lists five things everyone can do to stay safe online.McAfee is here for you. Thank you for being a McAfee customer. It is our privilege to serve you, and please know we are always here to help.Sincerely, McAfee Customer Support. 

4 hours ago, Brant Gaede said:

Peter: truth is not something you manufacture then stick in your head. That's why you are not a searcher but complain about searching.

Brant, what bothers me about conspiracy believers is that they cannot explain what they saw in rational, scientific terms. Oh, no! You must go to the link and listen to it yourself!  And be indoctrinated. Doesn’t that remind you of communist and Nazi propaganda? Peter

I do apologize if my attempts at humor on this site and others have seemed a bit manic. No. I am not under the influenza (or influenza) of any drugs or illnesses. I just like to have fun in an “idea park” where it is safe, philosophically right, and just fine if you think of things under the influence and tutelage of Ayn Rand. Peter     

11 hours ago, Peter said:

On Tuesday, Thomas Modly, the acting Navy secretary, announced three sailors on board the San Diego-based carrier Theodore Roosevelt were being flown off the ship after testing positive while the ship is deployed to the Western Pacific.

Flown right outta there. Because a carrier can’t handle young, fit people getting colds, flu, or similar. They have to be extracted, everyone knows that.

11 hours ago, Peter said:

Four more San Diego sailors and three San Diego Navy civilians are also among the new cases reported Wednesday. Wednesday’s announcement brings the total number of local military testing positive for COVID-19 to 33, including 18 sailors on Navy ships and 14 shore-based sailors

How many total?

33 is the Mason’s sacred number and highest level achievable in their cult. 18 and 14 make 32, can they perform addition in the Navy or was it done on purpose?

It’s great to see white hats trolling the enemy with it’s own symbols. This is getting quite fun.

NSE-FZ293-2_grande.jpeg?v=1402780990

John Le Cockroach is demented. Seriously. And Evil. My minor subterfuge didn't work, alas. I was hoping he would say his name was spelled without an H aa in "Jon" instead of "John."  But the joke didn't work and he is still infesting OL. His two boys hate him. His wife barely  tolerates the son of a bitch. What a loser and monster. He never served in the military. He is evil incarnate. He will destroy this bastion of freedom if he stays.