Coronavirus

Peter

5 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

One day ago, CTV news: “Sough Africa new variant: World takes action”

I just saw on "the net" that "Sough Africa" as you called it, may be experiencing the new omicron variant but if you are vaccinated or have had the coronavirus the symptoms are minor. But what about the unvaccinated? Mayday. Mayday. I want another booster even though I have had three Pfizer shots with no bad symptoms.    

1 hour ago, Peter said:

I just saw on "the net" that "Sough Africa" as you called it, may be experiencing the new omicron variant but if you are vaccinated or have had the coronavirus the symptoms are minor. But what about the unvaccinated? Mayday. Mayday. I want another booster even though I have had three Pfizer shots with no bad symptoms.    

Oh, my; a typo? Egads!  "Roland Pericles"must be turning in his grave!
(But then, with the horror that is this pandemic, the lucky ones are already dead..."Swing low, sweet chariot"...joke.)

Heavy handed responses by Israel's government to Covid have been a disappointment, lately, something like a siege mentality:

bennett-covid-variant.png
AVIPNADEL37659.LT.ACEMLNB.COM

There has been a concerted effort by the Israeli government (Netanyahu's and Bennett's) from the beginning of the coronavirus...

http://t.email3.telegraph.co.uk/r/?id=h7a5ee82%2C401652fb%2C372195fd&WT.mc_id=e_DM1529533&WT.tsrc=email&etype=Edi_Edi_New_Sub&utmsource=email&utm_medium=Edi_Edi_New_Sub20211129&utm_campaign=DM1529533&s=zq2-Mhc-sgjpsV5MULLKkvFN1Yev7MaEnzA_0VE9Qqc

"Changes to the spike protein are particularly concerning because vaccines have been designed to help the body recognise the spike shape. If they change too much, the immune system will be blind to an infection. 

Put simply, vaccines would stop working and all our hard won protection would be lost.

Antibodies made by the body from a natural infection may also struggle to see off this new interloper..." The Telegraph

-----

In reply to those who are yet again condemning the unvaccinated - now for causing a fresh mutant outbreak - conversely, I would think it's more logical that this new variant purposefully and specifically adapted to overcome the vaccine (originally in one vaccinated person's body, before transmission to others).

It's likely not our fault, guys. Don't blame the unvaxxed if "the vaccines would stop working and all our hard won protection would be lost".

On 11/24/2021 at 4:33 PM, Mark said:

Re public health, Fauci and “warp speed” – and those are very derogatory quotes – with billions of government money gone to rotten crooks.

Worse than that.  Just adding to your comment.  I'm sure you know what I'm about to point out.

The poison injections have killed, paralyzed, produced permanent heart weakening, and strokes, and miscarriages, and female reproductive disorders that might result in infertility, and tinnituses so horrible some sufferers have committed suicide to escape the torment, and kidney problems, and liver problems, and other disorders, and I'm betting that they will produce cancers and that they’re going to cause dysfunctions in children's growth processes.  They are probably the biggest medical-practice-induced disaster we've had to date.

I think that out of decency Trump should by now be expressing heartfelt remorse for any degree of actual effectiveness his "Warp Speed" push had in getting the mRNA injections onto the market.  They should never have been approved.  There was enough evidence (withheld) from such clinical trials as were done to know that they were far too dangerous to be given emergency approval.

Politically, I think that Trump's favorableness toward the pseudo-vaccines is going to be a detriment eventually if not immediately to whatever plans Trump has.  Morally, I think he’s going to start looking like ego defense is more important to him than people's lives and health if he doesn’t start showing awareness of what a disaster the pseudo-vaccines are.

Ellen

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, anthony said:

"Changes to the spike protein are particularly concerning because vaccines have been designed to help the body recognise the spike shape. If they change too much, the immune system will be blind to an infection. 

Put simply, vaccines would stop working and all our hard won protection would be lost.

Antibodies made by the body from a natural infection may also struggle to see off this new interloper..."

The quote within the quote is from the author of the Telegraph article, science editor Sarah Knapton.

Of note, further down in the same article:

New variant ‘seems to spread very quickly’

Prof Tulio de Oliveira, the director of the Centre for Epidemic Response and Innovation in South Africa, said: “This new variant, B.1.1.529, seems to spread very quickly. In less than two weeks, it now dominates all infections following a devastating delta wave in South Africa.

“We estimate that 90 per cent of the cases in Gauteng, at least 1,000 a day, are this variant.”

The only slightly positive element is that a certain deletion on the spike protein means that it can be easily picked up through PCR testing, making it easier for the world to track.

There are so many commentaries out and about on the the subject of the Omicron variant, I think it pays to consult widely before taking a stand. 

In reply to those who are yet again condemning the unvaccinated - now for causing a fresh mutant outbreak

Who is "condemning" at the moment? 

- conversely, I would think it's more logical that this new variant purposefully and specifically adapted to overcome the vaccine (originally in one vaccinated person's body, before transmission to others).

I don't understand this. Does this "purposefully and specifically adapted" mean we could or should view variants as 'designed' (by other than the virus's 'nature')? I'd wonder who or what is the agent with "purpose" ...

It's likely not our fault, guys. 

There's some quotes I found notable in a Slate write-up:

South African demographics are very different from those in the UK. Only about six per cent of the population are over the age of 65. This means that older individuals who are more vulnerable to the virus may take some time to present.

Even though total cases across South Africa are still relatively low, health authorities are seeing a definite pattern in the people who are arriving in the hospital with serious illness: They’re younger and largely not fully vaccinated.

“We’re seeing a marked change in the demographic profile of patients with COVID-19,” Rudo Mathivha, head of the intensive care unit at Soweto’s Baragwanath Hospital, said at an online press briefing. “Young people, in their 20s to just over their late 30s, are coming in with moderate to severe disease, some needing intensive care. About 65 percent are not vaccinated and most of the rest are only half-vaccinated.” There is growing concern that the country’s health care facilities could quickly become overwhelmed as the large number oof mutations in omicron has led to fears that it could be much more easily transmissible. Although for now the variant has mostly been detected in South Africa’s Gauteng province, some officials suspect it’s likely much more widespread.

From the final paragraphs of the Knapton Telegraph article:

Health officials are now watching reinfection data closely to see how many people are being infected from each case. That will give an indication of how much more transmissible it is.

Prof Sharon Peacock, the director of the Covid-19 Genomics UK Consortium, said: “This situation is reminiscent of the epidemiology of alpha in Kent around a year ago. There was a surge in cases, but it was not clear whether this was due to one or more super-spreader events or was associated with a more transmissible virus.

“The genetic difference of B.1.1.529 has led to the hypothesis that this may have evolved in someone who was infected but could then not clear the virus, giving the virus the chance to genetically evolve – the equivalent of an evolutionary gym.”

It will be several more weeks or months before we know if it is also more deadly.

Scientists have also started lab experiments to see how well antibodies neutralise the virus, which will also give an indication of how much more infectious it is.

For now, all the world can do is hold its breath and hope for the best.

"Poor Joe...Poor Joe Biden..."

"MANDATE CAVE: White House Suspends Vaccine Mandate for Fed Employees"

Details are thin, but Presidentish Joe Biden reportedly will suspend his vaccine mandate for federal workers.

According to a memo issued by the Biden administration, the “White House’s Office of Management and Budget is telling federal agencies they should hold off on suspending or firing federal workers for not complying with the vaccine mandate until after the holidays.”

This is a huge cave for an administration whose remaining anti-COVID effort is focused almost exclusively on the vaccine mandate.

Further lockdowns are out, according to one report. People have lost patience with social distancing and travel restrictions. And it’s probably not too much of an exaggeration to say that “Which famous person isn’t wearing a mask today?” has taken the place of “Who in Hollywood is secretly gay?” as America’s favorite gossip topic.

That leaves the mandate. So for the sake of public perception that Biden is doing something, no matter how ineffective or unconstitutional, he can’t let go of it.

But from here, it sure looks like Biden’s temporary suspension could well become permanent.

(read more here)

18d31833-054a-4fc3-bd05-bd1b01a07287-120
PJMEDIA.COM

Details are thin, but Presidentish Joe Biden reportedly will suspend his vaccine mandate for federal workers. According to a memo issued by...

• Like 1

On 11/29/2021 at 2:24 PM, Ellen Stuttle said:

Morally, I think he’s going to start looking like ego defense is more important to him than people's lives and health if he doesn’t start showing awareness of what a disaster the pseudo-vaccines are.

Ellen,

To you, and to people who think like you do--which is a HUGE MINORITY right now.

That is the political reality no matter how right you want to be.

What would you rather be? A martyr who becomes lost in the wind or a person who actually changes the world for the better?

Trump's perspective is not your perspective. You are singing to a choir and condemning Trump for not knowing the songs you sing. And you are certainly not singing to America in general. In fact, from what I see and read, America in general--especially when seen through the prism of the mainstream media--thinks people like you are nuts. Kooks. The fringe.

That's what's out there.

And you want to elect who based on that size?

If you let the bad guys rule, you can be sure everything will go to hell. Just look what's happening right now in front of your eyes. They are ruling. The world is going to hell.

You may not be fighting the persuasion war. From what I have seen, you may not even think it is important. But Trump is fighting that war. And he is winning.

Give Trump[ time. He will find a way to get the country on board with how you think about the danger of this eugenics experiment in vaccine garb. I have little doubt of that. Why? Because how you think about it is factual. Trump is enormously intelligent and does not evade facts when he does productive things. And, persuasion-wise, he knows how to move the Overton window.

Do you?

Reality-check. Trump is not going to make any nationwide changes by remote control, meaning by pushing a button and changing a channel and watching as reality suddenly changes as if by magic.

Reality doesn't work that way. 

But that's not all. Persuasion-wise, what you are proposing will give us the Neocons once again or worse, just as sure as my name is Michael.

Or maybe you think like Mark? That Trump is either a blind fool or a member of the Deep State because Trump said (at the time) he recommends the vax and didn't grovel?

In other words, that Trump stumbled into the presidency by accident and either let his "betters" run roughshod over him or decided to cash in on the corruption? That he wants to sell the country to China? 

I know how passionate you are about this issue. I even agree with you about the danger, even inhumanity, of this massive experiment with untested mRNA-changing shots disguised as vaccines (but not about Trump or his standing with his base). My posts are proof.

I want to change the course the ship is taking to get to where something can be done about it, not sink the damn ship. If you sink the ship, you can't do anything about it--even if you are right about an issue.

Never, ever, ever, ever, ever apologize to the establishment left or the Deep State. Not for anything. At all. Ever. They will eat you alive if you do. And then they will put one of their own where you once were after they turn the public against you.

And good luck with your choir--hell, good luck with the facts--if that happens. (Once again, just look at the world right now if you need an image of what that looks like.) 

I say, let this play out. 

Nobody likes it as it is right now.

Just like nobody likes war.

But if you have to fight a war, I prefer to fight to win the thing. In reality. Like Trump is currently doing. Not just win a gotcha which, at root, doesn't even amount to a battle.

Michael

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

This is a huge cave for an administration whose remaining anti-COVID effort is focused almost exclusively on the vaccine mandate.

TG,

That is just the beginning.

Wait and see what is coming.

It is going to be a beautiful thing watching the bad guys massively collapse in front of the entire world.

:)

Michael

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, william.scherk said:

Who is "condemning" at the moment? 

I don't understand this. Does this "purposefully and specifically adapted" mean we could or should view variants as 'designed' (by other than the virus's 'nature')? I'd wonder who or what is the agent with "purpose" ...

Life: "Goal-directed action"- from philosopher-metaphysicians.

["When applied to physical phenomena, such as the automatic functioning of an organism, the term ~goal directed~ is not to be taken to mean "purposive" (a concept applicable only to the actions of a consciousness) and is not to imply the existence of any teleological principle operating in insentient nature. I use the term goal directed in this context, to designate the fact that the automatic functions of living organisms are actions whose nature is such that they ~result~ in the preservation of an organism's life".] VoS p16

I'd thought you'd know this.

Evidently, what a virus does is replicate/mutate to survive in bodies, non-purposively, automatically. Not 'designed', by whatever or whomever, but by "result" of its evolved nature. Where it meets resistance, e.g. of vaccines.

And if you listen to people in person and on social networks, the condemning for omicron of the unvaxxed has begun (here, anyway).

"On Saturday, two UK cases were announced, rising to three on Sunday – all in people linked to travel to southern Africa". The Guardian

The panic reset, back to Jan 2020. Rising to ... three!

Doom! Omicron's coming to get us. Rush for your jabs!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjivOnfyr70AhWygVwKHRLRAFoQFnoECAMQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fworld%2F2021%2Fnov%2F29%2Fuk-scientific-advisers-brace-confirmed-omicron-covid-cases&usg=AOvVaw2m7mLj8NMXUJCs_VaFt4ai

"Never, ever, ever, ever, ever apologize to the establishment left or the Deep State. Not for anything. At all. Ever. They will eat you alive if you do. And then they will put one of their own where you once were after they turn the public against you. "

Indeed.

In brushback to Biden, federal judge blocks vaccine mandate in Medicare, Medicaid facilities

In issuing preliminary injunction, judge concludes government 'significantly understates the burden that its mandate would impose on the ability of healthcare facilities to provide proper care.'

GettyImages-144085098.jpg?h=c5c663ce&ito
JUSTTHENEWS.COM

In issuing preliminary injunction, judge concludes government 'significantly understates the burden that its mandate would impose...

6 hours ago, anthony said:

http://t.email3.telegraph.co.uk/r/?id=h7a5ee82%2C401652fb%2C372195fd&WT.mc_id=e_DM1529533&WT.tsrc=email&etype=Edi_Edi_New_Sub&utmsource=email&utm_medium=Edi_Edi_New_Sub20211129&utm_campaign=DM1529533&s=zq2-Mhc-sgjpsV5MULLKkvFN1Yev7MaEnzA_0VE9Qqc

Antibodies made by the body from a natural infection may also struggle to see off this new interloper..." The Telegraph

-----

In reply to those who are yet again condemning the unvaccinated - now for causing a fresh mutant outbreak - conversely, I would think it's more logical that this new variant purposefully and specifically adapted to overcome the vaccine (originally in one vaccinated person's body, before transmission to others).

It's likely not our fault, guys. Don't blame the unvaxxed if "the vaccines would stop working and all our hard won protection would be lost".

Their argument is that the unvaxxed are responsible for more transmissions, and therefore simply with the quantity of transmissions there are more chances for it to mutate. However, you have to be pretty stupid to believe the vaccine significantly reduces transmissions when you see high vaxx countries like Norway and Denmark having their highest case counts to date. And it's funny when you look back at narratives like this:

700.png
APNEWS.COM

CLAIM: COVID-19 cases plummeted by 40 percent in Denmark and Norway after they removed restrictions implemented during the...

Plus the selective pressure you mentioned, it's almost certain the vaccines helped create this new mutation of the spike.

On 11/24/2021 at 6:12 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

as to the decision itself, I think I said what you said and I think I was explicit about it. 

At least that's how I interpret "one of the biggest whoppers of all time." 

Here’s how the progression went.

I said that Trump had been a patsy and a tool re his "Warp Speed" push.

You said that that was an incorrect analysis, then proceeded to cite Navarro's book, which evidently (going by your description) documents that Trump was a dupe in ways I wouldn’t have thought he’d be - such as actually trusting Anthony Fauci.

Ellen

On 11/24/2021 at 4:33 PM, Mark said:

There was no good reason to put Ellen’s “need” in derogatory quotes.  Trump should retract his words because (1) they do incalculable damage to many of those who follow them, (2) they alienate supporters not suffering from Trump Worship Syndrome – considering the booing that’s a lot of them – and thus harm his chance for re-election.

A suggestion instead of "Trump Worship Syndrome."

Trump Bedazzlement Syndrome.

Then we have matching obverse bookends:

TDS and TBS.

Ellen

• Upvote 1
  • Smile 1

13 minutes ago, Dglgmut said:

Their argument is that the unvaxxed are responsible for more transmissions, and therefore simply with the quantity of transmissions there are more chances for it to mutate. However, you have to be pretty stupid to believe the vaccine significantly reduces transmissions when you see high vaxx countries like Norway and Denmark having their highest case counts to date.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/11/hard_data_shows_the_covid_vaccines_dont_work.html

Not only do the vaccines not lower the incidence of this disease, they tend to correlate with its increase. As we have seen above, a number of countries have experienced record-breaking surges right after achieving high inoculation rates.

The data is from official statistics, which in many, maybe most, countries have overstated both case and death figures because of counting anything which gave a positive PCR. (At the same time, as Tony has pointed out, there are probably lots of mild cases which weren’t reported to health authorities.)

Statistics about infectious disease incidence always involve guesswork, and the problem is greatly compounded with Covid, which has provided a bonanza for government power seekers.

Nonetheless, given patterns everywhere, the strong indication is that the vaxxed might as well not be from any standpoint of protection against Covid.  Their susceptibility and case severity if infected might even be enhanced.

Ellen

Why do so few people know the truth about the mRNA vaccines? Because they are surrounded by lying propaganda broadcast by government and mainstream media, and the mainstream Internet venues censor opposition.

We must engage in our own counter-propaganda.  And contrary to the defeatism of MSK, the truth is breaking through.  

So far Trump is on the wrong side of the propaganda war.

MSK says of Ellen,
“You are singing to a choir and condemning Trump for not knowing the songs you sing.”

Regarding the clot-shot Trump should be condemned, condemned for his amazing ignorance if not out-right villainy.

MSK:
“... America in general ... think people like you are nuts. Kooks. The fringe.”

A small minority may think that way, most have just been going along but more and more are waking up.  Maybe Americans in general are better than MSK thinks.

MKS claims that Trump moved the Overton window when at a rally he boasted about how fast he had developed three vaccines (three!), and sensing the restlessness in the audience said:
----------------------------------------------------
I believe totally in your freedoms, I do, [inaudible] you have to do what you have to do. But, [raises his voice] I RECOMMEND TAKING THE VACCINES. I did it. It’s good. Take the vaccines. But, you got— [audience restless and booing] Now that’s OK, that’s all right.  You got your freedoms.  But I happened to take the vaccine. If it doesn’t work, you’ll be the first to know, OK. ... But it is working. ... [more about you got your freedoms] And you gotta get your kids back to school.
----------------------------------------------------
Which way did that move the Overton window?

MSK:
“Trump is enormously intelligent and does not evade facts when he does productive things. And, persuasion-wise, he knows how to move the Overton window.  Do you?”

Does MSK?

MSK:
“... Trump is fighting [“the persuasion war”]. And he is winning.”

I hope Trump fails to persuade Americans to get the clot-shot.  That his own supporters booed him shows that they, at least, can think for themselves.

During his first presidential campaign Trump never persuaded anybody about what needs to be done.  He saw what things people wanted done and he promised to do them  To repeat a metaphor:  Trump isn’t leading the parade, he jumped in front of it.

The parade is not going in the direction of the vaccine.

We can hope Trump, that intelligent man, reverses himself, acknowledges that he made a tremendous blunder when president and by doubling-down at that rally, and joins the side of the angels.  We can hope, but there is no reason to be confident.

MSK:
“Trump is not going to make any nationwide changes by remote control ... pushing a button and changing a channel and watch as reality suddenly changes.  Reality doesn’t work that way.”

No one said it did.  Victory in a propaganda war is necessarily slower than  immediate.  Does Trump really have to make it even slower by going in reverse?  At that rally he could have told the crowd to watch Therapeutic Nihilism by Dr. Peter McCulllough (I put my abridgement on BitChute) but no, he shouted: Take the vaccine! It’s good! You want your children to go to school don’t you?

If instead Trump  had said: “I don’t recommend the vax and here’s why” it would not have been groveling. If Trump were to acknowledge that he had blundered in trusting Fauci et al  it would not be apologizing to them or the establishment or to the left.  Just the opposite, it would be attacking them.  Trump should take a hint from his supporters’ reaction at that rally.  They would love for him to reverse his stand.

MSK caricatures my position.  I don’t think Trump “stumbled into the presidency by accident,” on the contrary he earned it by recognizing problems people were worried about, uniquely among the candidates expressing those problems, and promising to fix them.  Fauci et al are not his “betters” but in fact he did let them run over him.  It’s hard to tell if he is cashing in on the corruption; he doesn’t make it easy to tell.

Trump is not fighting to win the war.  We need someone else.  Either Johnson or DeSantis would make a good president.  Even the mainstream media has had to acknowledge DeSantis as a possible candidate, though so far – 2024 is three years away – he denies it.

The following by MSK is a truckload of self-righteous bambysham.  The background is, even if you sacrifice children to the clot-shot:

“Never, ever, ever, ever, ever apologize to the establishment left or the Deep State. Not for anything. At all. Ever. They will eat you alive if you do. And then they will put one of their own where you once were after they turn the public against you.”

The stupid public.  What a low opinion MSK has of them.