Coronavirus

Peter

"'Constitutional Republic City’: Oroville City Council Votes To Declare COVID Independence"

OROVILLE (CBS13) — The city of Oroville is getting national attention for announcing they will not follow controversial orders issued by the governor or president. The fight stems from a number of federal and state pandemic protection mandates.

Oroville city leaders are launching a resolution revolution. In a 6-1 vote, the city council declared Oroville a “Constitutional Republic City.”

This mandate is not saying we are against laws or for anarchy,” said Scott Thomson, Oroville vice mayor.

Thomson said it’s the city’s effort to send a strong message to state and federal leaders.
“I think it’s time for us to draw a line in the sand,” he said. “Enough is enough.”
The resolution resolves to not enforce “any executive orders issued by the state of California or by the United States federal government that are overreaching or clearly violate our constitutionally protected rights.”

The move comes amid the controversy over closing businesses during the pandemic, along with mask and vaccine mandates.

“We’re not talking about one mandate that’s been pushed on us recently,” Thomson said. “It’s a barrage of mandates.”

oroville-city-council.jpg?w=1280
SACRAMENTO.CBSLOCAL.COM

The city of Oroville is getting national attention for announcing they will not follow controversial orders issued by the governor or president...

The following was on the The New York Times website yesterday.  Doubtless the child is parroting his mother.
========================================
Opinion

Big Kid Vaccines Are Here!
Nov. 6, 2021
By Jessica Grose

When I woke up Wednesday morning, my mom text threads were already on fire with the news that CVS and Walgreens had opened up Covid vaccine appointments for kids 5 and up. I felt a profound sense of relief as I nabbed slots for my 5- and 8-year-olds, and I wasn’t the only one. J. David Goodman, The New York Times Houston bureau chief, was on hand at Texas Children’s Hospital to see some of the first shots doled out to elementary schoolers in the United States. “This is the best day ever!” one child said.

Despite my own eagerness, I do empathize with parents who are hesitant to get their kids vaccinated, and I hope that with a little time to see how this all unfolds, their concerns will be eased: One of the moms I spoke to when I was reporting on vaccine hesitancy back in May told me that, despite her and her teenage daughter’s reservations, her daughter did ultimately get vaccinated. The teen’s friends had already received the shot, and she felt that getting vaccinated would allow her greater freedom. As of the end of September, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation’s Covid-19 Vaccine Monitor, “nearly half” of parents of vaccine-eligible children 12 and over reported that their child had received at least one shot.

-------- [what follows is by NYT editors] --------
What questions do you have about navigating the pandemic this winter?

Breakthrough cases, boosters, vaccines for children — we’ve entered a new phase of the pandemic and questions abound as we prepare for another winter with Covid: Can we host indoor Thanksgiving with small children if all the parents have been vaccinated? Should unvaccinated kids wear masks at gatherings with extended family? How much should we rely on the results of rapid tests before visiting those with underlying conditions? Submit your question below. We’ll have experts in fields like epidemiology and virus transmission respond to a selection in a future article.

© 2021 The New York Times Company

On 11/6/2021 at 12:53 PM, anthony said:

*E.g. Iceland, a small population and contained model-exemplar of vaccinations, the ideal Petri dish, has figures over 80% double vaxxed, to date:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwi62r7Z0If0AhVnQEEAHUd4BiIQFnoECB8QAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fgraphics.reuters.com%2Fworld-coronavirus-tracker-and-maps%2Fcountries-and-territories%2Fzambia%2F&usg=AOvVaw3acW93qitc7pZxcHfTn4Jm

A random comparison, the Covid tale of two countries.

Zambia: 2.4 per cent of the population, double vaccinated. Iceland: 81 per cent double vaccinated.

No contest, you'd think. The vaxx "success story", clearly Iceland.

However, presently Zambia, new cases = 1% of peak; Iceland, new cases = 92% of peak "and rising".

A complete and counter-intuitive role reversal.

How to explain this phenomenon, I don't know. But not just limited to these two countries, doing a casual search, is the apparent fact that vaccinations this far do NOT "stop the spread". (Lessening severe illness/death I treat as another matter altogether). And show no signs of ending the pandemic. So called "breakthrough" infections are rife, the major transmission of the virus evidently occurs from one to another vaxxed people, in highly vaccinated countries. The longevity likely bringing on further variants of Covid, the virus adapting to defeat the vaccines - and more vaccines and vaccinations needed, perhaps causing en masse suppression of the human immune system, the long term danger. Some scientists warn.

Correlation does not equal causation, but the powers-that-be have and will try to credit the efficacy of forced vaccinations with ~any~ coinciding fall of new case numbers - while that may be due to numerous other factors. 

How, scientifically and morally, can 'they' continue to justify mandated vaccinations? And blame the unvaxxed?

Ve must force you to be good to yourselves!!

27 minutes ago, Jules Troy said:

Well so far so good.  I’m double vaxxed and for work am tested at least once a week.  So far negative every time.  Mind you, I tested negative all the time before I was vaxxed too.

Private and personal choice, I'm respecting of that. This, not.

https://www.bing.com/email/click/?csid=36958&hash=AuuvRF2pHE_Skt1LILViRNedWh1SqgqC28pPOHYzEdM1&tid=LK202008&partid=G4fu2PmvWGvNaFP9osvtr8H3BVQ0F821YEqDbI2UPBw1&uid=anon*rd7__9gqWJ9PPDTbHkBsww2

Seems to me healthy people, who are not too old, take vitamins C and D regularly, and have a stash of the drugs/vitamins on hand that I’ve mentioned a couple of times, should be unconcerned about catching covid, even welcome it.

For such people it is a non-event and provides long-lasting immunity.  Even if that is not true, for everyone except possibly the elderly who don’t take vitamins regularly and don’t have access to the proper drugs/vitamins, the vaccines are riskier than covid.

Don’t be a fool of whoever the hell is behind this covid hysteria.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Mark said:

the vaccines are riskier than covid.

Time and evidence will tell, but what really spooked me was that adoration picture between Fauci and Old Hickory Clinton. 2016 was long ago but perhaps some investigations are just now advertising the truth that they have discovered. And I won't say the world wide infection was started to further the Dark Matter who want to be in power but they are certainly not missing an opportunity.   

Whether or not 'they' did it, is was done by a 'them'.

"They" , those in power , as is human nature, will act to protect and if possible expand that power. I don't know of many instances in history in which those in power who work to keep and enlarge that power do it as means to enrich or sustain the well being of the 'general populations'. A key factor in the well being of a population is the level of individual freedom enjoyed by the 'masses', power over the masses is in direct inverse to the individual freedoms enjoyed by the masses , almost by definition, yes?

"They" may not have decided that the second Tuesday is the 'day' , but from the instant it was apparent that Covid could be exploited to entrench their power , They haven't missed an opportunity provided to them. Unfortunately the 'general masses' have been handing Them the opportunities , and mostly by being cowed into acquiescing for the sake of safety.  

42 minutes ago, Peter said:

what really spooked me was that adoration picture between Fauci and Old Hickory Clinton

Here's the picture again in case anyone didn’t see it on the "Deep State Unraveling" thread - here - and doesn’t know what Peter is talking about.  Click on the link for the full well-framed view if only half the picture shows on your screen.

Hillary-and-Fauci.jpg
WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

They looked like long-lost lovers so happy to be reunited at a funeral. Hillary Clinton and Dr. Fauci, two Americans who have done more to destroy this country than any others living, other than Obama, met up...

Ellen

On the gossip front, Gavin Newsom took his third booster shot two weeks ago on October 27, 2021 (see here--scroll down for the proper date).

image.png

He hasn't been seen in public since.

:) 

WWW.MSN.COM

For those wondering why California Gov. Gavin Newsom hasn't been seen in public for almost two weeks, his wife has a message: "Get a life."

And see here:

newspress-collage-20070396-1636393267529
NYPOST.COM

Gov. Gavin Newsom recently canceled plans to attend the ongoing United Nations Climate Change Conference in Scotland due to "family obligations."

According to Fox News, Newsom made his last public appearance Oct. 27 after receiving a COVID-19 vaccine booster shot.

The AP reported Friday that the governor’s office did not respond to inquiries regarding Newsom’s whereabouts.

We'll have to wait and see what is going on, but this is not characteristic of Newsom's normal attention to optics, to put it mildly.

Michael

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

On the gossip front, Gavin Newsom took his third booster shot two weeks ago on October 27, 2021 (see here--scroll down for the proper date).

image.png

WWW.MSN.COM

For those wondering why California Gov. Gavin Newsom hasn't been seen...

And see here:

NYPOST.COM

Gov. Gavin Newsom recently canceled plans to attend the ongoing United Nations...

We'll have to wait and see what is going on, but this is not characteristic of Newsom's normal attention to optics, to put it mildly.

Michael

Maybe he and Jen Psaki eloped, 

• Smile 2

59 minutes ago, tmj said:

Ouch , I thought Canadians were nice people.

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

image.png

WWW.MSN.COM

For those wondering why California Gov. Gavin Newsom hasn't been seen in public for almost two weeks, his wife has a message: "Get a life."

And see here:

NYPOST.COM

Gov. Gavin Newsom recently canceled plans to attend the ongoing United Nations Climate Change Conference in Scotland due to "family...

Michael

To paraphrase THE BREAKFAST CLUB, maybe he and Jen Psaki got together and went bowling...

Psaki.jpg
CONSERVATIVEBRIEF.COM

She has not been seen in almost two weeks.

Just a few moments ago (livestream):

Onkar Ghate:
re: “Leave it to the scientists”: there’s no area in life where you can do that. Including...medicine; there’s a different between consulting experts and handing your life over to them and 'do whatever, inject me with whatever you want…', that is a recipe for disaster…and surrendering that kind of  autonomy is immoral. “

(At the moment, discussing flawed medical research of the past as a warning against blindly "trusting the science" in the present...)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jules Troy said:

Yeah well some of us are essential service workers so kind of had to in order to keep actually working…

Kind of had to. That's also a choice. There doesn't have to always be a good/bad choice, there's also better/worse on one's scale of values. (Which functioning people should never have been confronted with by Gvt. dictates).

• Smile 1

... Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., chairman of Children’s Health Defense, today [Nov. 8] said he “prays for Newsom’s family” and wishes him a quick recovery.  Kennedy added:

“However, if it’s true the governor has suffered debilitating neurological injuries following vaccination, it raises grave ethical questions about his seemingly dishonest efforts to conceal his injuries while implementing aggressive policies to force the children and working people of California to endure similar risks.”

16 minutes ago, Mark said:

.. Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., chairman of Children’s Health Defense, today [Nov. 8] said he “prays for Newsom’s family” and wishes him a quick recovery.

I confess to hoping that he doesn’t recover.

I hope that Psaki does recover, not for her sake but because the tap dance she’ll have to do if she returns to work after having been seriously ill and continues to support the vaccination program would have to be so contorted as to snap even some of the genuinely deceived out of their spell.

Ellen

6 hours ago, tmj said:

Whether or not 'they' did it, is was done by a 'them'.

"They" , those in power , as is human nature, will act to protect and if possible expand that power. I don't know of many instances in history in which those in power who work to keep and enlarge that power do it as means to enrich or sustain the well being of the 'general populations'. A key factor in the well being of a population is the level of individual freedom enjoyed by the 'masses', power over the masses is in direct inverse to the individual freedoms enjoyed by the masses , almost by definition, yes?

"They" may not have decided that the second Tuesday is the 'day' , but from the instant it was apparent that Covid could be exploited to entrench their power , They haven't missed an opportunity provided to them. Unfortunately the 'general masses' have been handing Them the opportunities , and mostly by being cowed into acquiescing for the sake of safety.  

-  will deserve neither and lose both - comes to mind. The principle for all the ages, this one now in particular, an international West increasingly of people who clearly reject freedom, not only for safety - for ... comfort. 

The pandemic has been a godsend dropped into 'their' laps, 'they' knew instantly how to capitalize on it.