Coronavirus

Peter

In Canada they are actually bribing people to get jabbed.  We have free healthcare and now on top of it we have to bribe Anti vaxers to try and get herd immunity.  I say if those that are refusing actually get covid and need intensive care? Let em die in the waiting room..

3 minutes ago, tmj said:

Say whatever you want, it doesn't matter, you 'll do whatever they tell you. maybe you could volunteer to shoot them? Probably earn you some points toward your social score.

Guns are for pussies like you...

You obviously don’t know me, I never do what I’m “told”.  As for me getting vaxxed I would have done it sooner of my own accord if I could have.  Except for the Astra Zeneca one..

1 hour ago, Jules Troy said:

In Canada they are actually bribing people to get jabbed.  

It's not just in Canada. A couple of states have put lottery prizes in play, so Alberta at least is later in the game of luring hold-outs and wait-and-see folks with million dollar payouts:

Lottery for vaccinated Albertans an investment in health, says Premier Jason Kenney

Edited by william.scherk
Added CBC report out of Calgary

54 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

It's not just in Canada. A couple of states have put lottery prizes in play,

Run for the border! I have already gotten the Phizer double shot but I may sign up for another if I can win a pot of gold. Dear Abby, are there any repercussions from getting three shots? Signed Curious in the US.  answer. Dear Curious. Heck no! Get four or five shots to increase your chances.      

2 hours ago, tmj said:

Guns are for concentrating a relatively large amount of energy in relatively small area.

No, that is a description of the way they operate, which is super-effectively.

What they are for, is to and kill or at least wound living beings, and they serve that purpose magnificently.

The reasons for a civilian to own or use a gun are as various as the individuals who do so, which category seems to include most Americans. But the brilliant marketing of the armaments lobby has eradicated the process of correct identification in this case. And of course, the fear- mongering of the lobby's useful idiots, the politicians.

1 hour ago, caroljane said:

No, that is a description of the way they operate, which is super-effectively.

What they are for, is to and kill or at least wound living beings, and they serve that purpose magnificently.

Well I suppose I could adopt a Clintonesque argument and debate what ‘for ‘ ‘is’. I mean from the smith’s perspective his goal is to produce a mechanism that delivers a projectile downrange, and the   object he produces is the solution But I do see what you are saying in that the technology has its most utility in energy placement in soft things.

So I guess they are not for pussies either , tell Yukon Vern. 

53 minutes ago, tmj said:

Well I suppose I could adopt a Clintonesque argument and debate what ‘for ‘ ‘is’. I mean from the smith’s perspective his goal is to produce a mechanism that delivers a projectile downrange, and the   object he produces is the solution But I do see what you are saying in that the technology has its most utility in energy placement in soft things.

So I guess they are not for pussies either , tell Yukon Vern. 

Knives are so much more personally gratifying though.  I mean if you really are hell bent on killing someone there is no “I didn’t meannnnnnn to kill that person!”  (After you’ve taken out his renal artery or other sliceable)Whereas with a gun you can wuss out and say “it accidentally discharged!!”  Unless of course you are using a sniper rifle.....

BTW..did you know..that if you stab someone in the kidney it is sooo painful that they can’t even scream?

44 minutes ago, tmj said:

.."the technology has its most utility in energy placement in soft things"

Yes, indeed. Translation for non- gunsmiths and other pussies:Guns kill people.

"So I guess they are not for pussies either , tell Yukon Vern."

Nah, tell him yourself. I don't do what I'm told much either. Unless it pays really well.

Meow.

Actually my parents think it’s a cute story , they used to recall it a lot.

On a drive one night they were discussing names and they happen to see some graffiti on a bridge , turns out the knew the person whose initials they were.

Pa not Boston.

On 6/14/2021 at 8:07 AM, caroljane said:

Equate all you want, but   black lives do, in fact, matter, while to the Camp Auschwitz crowd, Jewish lives don't. For starters. A bit of a distinction in philosophies there.

BLM should be BLDM (Black Lives Don't Matter) for all the shit they did.

--Brant

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, tmj said:

Actually my parents think it’s a cute story , they used to recall it a lot.

On a drive one night they were discussing names and they happen to see some graffiti on a bridge , turns out the knew the person whose initials they were.

Pa not Boston.

Do you mean Pennsylvania? I've read so much.  John OHara (so underrated now  ), are you more of  a Julian English or an Alfred Eaton, or maybe Pal Joey?  Can you speak Pennsylvania Dutch like Lawrence Welk?

5 hours ago, tmj said:

Since as per Dawkins, we are all Africans, yeah.

Recently I saw a rendering of a Neanderthal male and it did have a "slightly more African look" to it. And genetically we all originated in Africa, with several modifications along the way. I like the Star Trek universe where many alien races are related. Live long and prosper, fellow Vulcan. 

3 hours ago, tmj said:

Or that you think Neanderthals and hominids that populated the continent contemporaneously appeared similar ?

Yup. Both evolved out of Africa. I don't know how "far back" a scientist would need to look to observe bones that were from a common ancestor of us and them. But I think there were several pre-human ancestors as time marched on. I remember one was an Asian human variant that was the smallest in size. 

They found evidence of human eradication of Neanderthals and their flight to the edge of the Mediterranean Sea to avoid slaughter. And they found evidence that some female Neanderthals were allowed to live and breed with homo sapiens.     

edit. From a science site: . . . What's more, genetic evidence has shown that modern humans mated with Neanderthals before these individuals disappeared about 40,000 years ago. Many of us today still have 1 to 2 percent Neanderthal DNA, findings that suggest that modern humans who encountered these individuals saw them as people, too. end quote

I looked around the web and different experts suggest that Neanderthal’s average IQ’s were between 71 and 100. 100! Astonishing. But they may not have had the facial tools to speak well to humans. Much of their art and tool making may have been from copying humans. I suppose I should say homo sapiens, sapiens instead of “human” because most experts referred to Neanderthals as humans too. I wouldn’t mind going back and retaking anthropology again but there is always the net.  

42 minutes ago, Peter said:

From a science site: . . .

peterNeanderthal1.png

peterNeanderthal1B.png

How smart were Neanderthals? | Live Science

Alll in all, I am glad that I am an "anatomically modern human." Not that I'd say the fellow depicted above is ugly ...

Peter, sometimes your references or cites seem beyond a fog bank. 

1 hour ago, Peter said:

And they found evidence that some female Neanderthals were allowed to live and breed with homo sapiens.     

When we say "they found evidence of _____" readers often need additional clues to discover what that evidence comprises.

For example, something like; this could be out there at some internet address somewhere: "The evidence found included commingled burials -- where only female Neanderthal remains were found with modern human bones. Subsequent DNA analysis showed only maternal genetic material in 'hybrid' remains at the Vindija Cave" --

That's your "Please use URLs" plaint for 2021, Peter.