Coronavirus

Peter

On 8/20/2020 at 12:14 PM, william.scherk said:

Why was the tout so unprepared for basic questions?  If there is some materially-important "clinical" studying going on -- the tout was unable to provide detail.

If there is a clinical study of some kind concerning Oleandrin -- even though the tout was unable to give details -- it would most likely be registered with the CDC.

In other, possibly related news, somebody woke up in a cranky mood.

Can anyone offer a deep-reading of this?  I don't get what he is talking about. 

18 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

Perhaps he is suggesting the FDA doesn't want to make the decision, 'political."

Maybe they are political and want him to NOT receive the votes he would have gotten if there had been no covid.

Or the Deep State is making it harder for the FDA to do its job so that inaction will affect the vote.

Maybe the Deep State want to kill off Trump voters especially older people who may be more susceptible to the virus.

I don't think he is saying the FDA is part of the Deep State. yadda yadda yadda.    

51 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

f there is a clinical study of some kind concerning Oleandrin -- even though the tout was unable to give details -- it would most likely be registered with the CDC.

I went to the site William linked, clicked on 'Modify Search', entered oleandrin in the 'Other terms' textbox, and clicked 'Search'. The result was 'No Studies found for: oleandrin | Covid19.'

I have used the site several times before today.

49 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

Am I reading the above posts correctly?

Do they imply that if something has been studied then it can be found published on the internet?

And if no such published item can be found then it has not been studied, is that the logic being employed?

Jon,

It's worse.

It has to be published at the right places on the Internet and by the right people.

Approval of these places and people must be enforced by the government, which is now being polluted by the wrong people.

Whatever these wrong people say or do is wrong, no matter what it is. COVID-19 killing people is preferable to any cure or therapy or brainstorm these wrong people come up with.

And it gets even worse from there...

Michael

2 hours ago, william.scherk said:

William,

President Trump is essentially saying, like John Galt, "Get out of my way."

As a secondary subtext, he's saying Deep State assholes are assholes.

And a third subtext--if they don't get out of his way, he will get them out of his way, but he prefers they get out of his way voluntarily and, maybe, even chip in to help fix this damn thing.

That's about as deep as that goes.

Michael

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Merlin,

You have the full right to believe any ole thang your little heart desires.

Are you lonely?

Is that what all this bullshit is about?

Michael

Ditto to you. You can also believe all the bs you want, including Trump’s.

Amid all of MSK’s ad hominem noise and bs, the signal is clear. He has nothing rational worth saying.

He obviously also loves to bicker.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

William,

President Trump is essentially saying, like John Galt, "Get out of my way."

As a secondary subtext, he's saying Deep State assholes are assholes.

And a third subtext--if they don't get out of his way, he will get them out of his way, but he prefers they get out of his way voluntarily and, maybe, even chip in to help fix this damn thing.

That's about as deep as that goes.

Michael

😀  😀  😀  😀  

Trump’s tweet about ‘getting people in order to test vaccines and therapeutics’ is way off-base. It is doctors and hospitals in many places around the U.S. that recruit people for clinical trials. It’s problematic to persuade people to participate when they may get a placebo instead of whatever thing is being tested. For therapeutics to treat Covid-19, there aren’t that many people who have Covid-19, they have different severities, and there are competing therapeutics.

Whoop-do-do! Is MSK imagining that Trump is hinting at his intervening in conducting clinical trials in many locations spread over the U.S., compiling and analyzing the data, and deciding what works and what doesn’t? 😀   Does the U.S. Constitution authorize that? Oh, well, he can resort to an executive order. Ah, word magic. 😀 

William, deep-reading bs is dirty work. 😀  

4 hours ago, merjet said:

Amid all of MSK’s ad hominem noise and bs, the signal is clear. He has nothing rational worth saying.

He obviously also loves to bicker.

Merlin,

To you. 

But then again, you are showing signs of TDS. That's fine with me. However, it may not be the image you think you are projecting to readers.

Are you still lonely?

Is that the reason for the bullshit?

:)

Michael

Other good news about the coronavirus problem: hydroxychloroquine not only works, it works extremely well and, best of all...

wait for it...

here it comes...

drum roll...

IT'S SCIENTIFIC! 

Wow.

Whodda thunk it?

Peer reviewed and everything else the gotcha crew that sucks up to big pharma are using as a mantra.

Mark Levin did an interview with Dr. Harvey Risch of Yale where the good doctor was finally allowed to speak. This is unlike other fake news media interviews where the interviewers kept talking over Risch and would not let him make a point correctly.

And guess what? The whole "hydroxychloroquine is not scientific" commotion in the press and online places is a distinct form of balderdash called bullshit.

With these media assholes, it's just one form of hoax after another in order to cheat someone.

Pure nonstop sleaze.

According to the good doctor, there are plenty of published studies (well over 50) and he can cite them chapter and verse. The people who stand to make a killing off the virus are not too happy, though... Hydroxychloroquine is cheap.

President Trump posted the interview so finally it is going to get play in the public that the icky social justice social engineers who control the fake news media and fake-ass big tech social media have been trying to stifle.

Enjoy.

For those who don't like it, suck on it.

Hydroxychloroquine as a a widespread treatment is coming and you can't do anything to stop it.

Michael

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Brant Gaede said:

When you see a sign or slogan saying "Science Is Real," the reference is to fake, politicalized science.

--Brant

Brant,

In this case, Dr. Risch was not making a selling point like Obama's famous "the science is settled" re climate change.

It was a reaction to everybody and their brother in the press saying hydroxychloroquine was too dangerous to use for COVID-19 because there was there was no science for it.

Don't you remember Neil Cavuto having a cow because President Trump said he was taking it. "Oh my Gooooood... He could die!!!!"

That was on purpose.

As for me framing it the way I did, I'm just being a jerk on purpose. :) It's a form of sticking out my tongue at the gotcha crowd suckups.

Michael

15 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

But then again, you are showing signs of TDS. That's fine with me. However, it may not be the image you think you are projecting to readers.

Is that the reason for the bullshit?

😃 What is (are) your rationalization(s) for your bs?

What TDS? It might be so deeply subconscious and subtle that I am not aware of it. On second thought, it might be because President Trump was a Fortunate Son and I wasn’t. 🙂

10 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Don't you remember Neil Cavuto having a cow because President Trump said he was taking it. "Oh my Gooooood... He could die!!!!"

I have not seen that Cavuto said President Trump could die by taking hydroxychloroquine (HCQ). In this video Cavuto reacted negatively to President Trump saying that he took HCQ. Starting at about 1:50 Cavuto cites some studies presenting evidence that taking HCQ did not help some patients very sick with Covid-19. Okay. But then he cites another case of giving HCQ to veterans very sick with Covid-19, and many of the veterans died. At that point Cavuto could have quite correctly said that HCQ did not help these veterans. Instead, at about 2:10 Cavuto says taking HCQ will kill you (at least if you are one of a vulnerable group like the veterans). So Caputo went beserk without justification. Dropping Covid-19 from consideration, he attributed death to merely taking HCQ.

I regard Dr. Risch as very credible. He clearly says that HCQ will be beneficial in many mild cases of Covid-19, but that HCQ won’t help very severe cases. I’m glad President Trump tweeted the videos of Mark Levin with Dr. Risch. Maybe now MSK will reconsider the severity of my TDS. 🙂

I haven’t seen Neil Cavuto (on tv) much recently. A few years ago I watched his show sort of regularly and thought he was generally good about business matters.

• Like 1

HCQ+'zpack'+zinc , as far as I understand, works to interfere with virus replication. So mild vs severe cases are more generally the level of virus a patient has. It would make sense that an agent or protocol that can affect the population of virus particles will have benefit toward avoiding the disease caused by higher levels of particles that can affect tissue and the resulting cascade of effects caused by higher levels of virus particles.

The medical community is well aware of the relative safety of administering HCQ to the general public. 

I'm obviously no expert, so what are the good reasons the experts worked to keep this treatment protocol from the public at large? It appears they had a hard time keeping doctors from proscribing the use for patients, so they then put pressure on pharmacists to not fill the scripts, why would they do that? As far as I understand the medication was over the counter in Europe and then some countries changed that modality of dispensing. Were there ever studies that showed HCQ to be dangerous to the point that restricting its use was warranted ?

It certainly appears an inexpensive, readily available, relatively safe anti-viral application was purposefully targeted and made more difficult to obtain, for what benefit? to whom?

Suppressing a treatment protocol sounds as monstrous as purposely infecting the most vulnerable in the population , thank god our betters know better , the experts are always right, they're experts after all . They had the foresight to institute societal lockdowns , quarantining the healthy, a heretofore unheard of 'medical' action,those guys know their stuff and endeavor to constantly take action completely free of political and other ulterior motivations.

Covid19 is like no other viral infection in human history, except that it seems like it is/was like every other one.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, merjet said:

I have not seen that Cavuto said President Trump could die by taking hydroxychloroquine (HCQ). In this video Cavuto reacted negatively to President Trump saying that he took HCQ.

That's not the video. The reaction came right at the moment Cavuto learned President Trump took it. A rare moment of breaking news for real, not the normal breaking news to continue an agenda.

I started looking it up, but I think YouTube has screwed around with the search keywords. It's out there, but I just don't have time to look it up.

9 hours ago, merjet said:

So Caputo went beserk without justification. Dropping Covid-19 from consideration, he attributed death to merely taking HCQ.

Yup. Even in the video you saw, he pushed that agenda and fake news. He didn't say Trump could die like he did the first time, though. (btw - I saw that passage on TV, not on video.)

Cavuto has a lot of insider investments. Wanna bet that some of them are in the vax  and big pharma industry?

9 hours ago, merjet said:

I regard Dr. Risch as very credible. He clearly says that HCQ will be beneficial in many mild cases of Covid-19, but that HCQ won’t help very severe cases. I’m glad President Trump tweeted the videos of Mark Levin with Dr. Risch. Maybe now MSK will reconsider the severity of my TDS. 🙂

Damn...

Pigs can fly...

But I didn't hear you say hydroxychloroquine... it's scientific...

Ah hell. Whattaya gonna do? With a set up like that, I can't resist.

So... from what you said, you don't have an acutely fanatical case of TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome). You only have a moderately fanatical case, right? :) 

(That was just a quip...)

Michael

18 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Cavuto has a lot of insider investments.

How do you know that? Is that “insider” in the legal sense related to “insider trading” or “insider” in the sense of knowledge and contacts regarding investments? I suspect Caputo does have a lot more in the latter sense than you do.

It seems you have a strong habit of making slurs about anybody that obviously doesn’t worship Trump.

18 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

But I didn't hear you say hydroxychloroquine... it's scientific...

My cognitive habits do not include slapping a label on something in order to give a political spin.

Careful observation and sound explanations are both parts of good scientific practice. I believe Dr. Risch has satisfied the former for HCQ. Yet there is a difference between (a) that something works and (b) why something works. Much related, there is a difference between correlation and causality. I have not seen any explanation of why HCQ works. Maybe a why explanation would be “over my head” due to its technical nature, but I haven’t seen anything that even tries explaining why, even in layman terms.