Dear Mr Trump

Wolf DeVoon

Very briefly, sir, do not debate the Democrat candidate. It will be "moderated" by fake news Democrats who will attack you viciously and give your opponent every privilege and honor, a trap to goad you into justifiable anger. More importantly, you should say that Democrats are despicable, unqualified to debate. People can vote for them. Fake news can praise them and promote their fitness for office. You don't have to appear on stage as an "equal." Screw them. The only debate worth considering is a Lincoln-Douglas smackdown, no moderators. Let the Democrat candidate speak first, maybe twenty minutes or so, then ignore her. Wash, rinse, repeat for two hours in a ticketed venue with good acoustics, perhaps in Florida. Tickets by lottery. Press gallery limited to camera operators, no journalists. Only one debate event. No "apple box" for Bloomberg if he's the Democrat candidate. Midget Ross Perot was dignified enough to stand on his own two feet, a head shorter than Clinton and Bush. Unfortunately, I don't think you'll be challenged by Bloomberg. Civil strife in Milwaukee will push Michelle Obama forward in a badly disrupted Democrat nominating farce. I don't think you can beat Michelle, so it behooves you to consider the numerous blessings of expat private life. You served your country at a time of historic malaise, made it possible for men to remember the meaning of liberty and justice, sadly too little too late. Not your fault. I blame Paul Ryan, a seething Deep State, felonious Obama officials, and the fake news Establishment. Screw them. You fought like hell. Now it's time to spend more time with Barron and Melania, and enjoy every day of your honorable golden years. If you get bored, build something.

• Like 2

Michael Robinson hasn’t won anything, (and isn’t going to win anything except bullets though his heart at GTMO) since the pissing contests off the bridge with his buds in grade school. It would certainly be glorious, Trump need simply de-classify files on him and it’s over. Have you seen the pics of him celebrating and with burning Notre Dame reflected in their champagne glasses? Coincidence being there at the right moment, no doubt.

Wolf,

I'm with you up to the point where you suggest President Trump shrug.

He ain't shrugging. He's just beginning.

And I believe, once he's done with formal political office, he's going to stay in the limelight as a major influencer until he dies (he has the media chops for that), and he will leave a legacy of politically viable like-minded people to continue what he did.

Michael

On 2/19/2020 at 1:09 PM, Wolf DeVoon said:

Unfortunately, I don't think you'll be challenged by Bloomberg.

I saw where Clint Eastwood endorsed Mike Bloomberg. Who would be the sanest Democratic candidate? Mike? Maybe . . . and maybe our President can then use his Clint Eastwood voice and say, "Go ahead punk. Make my day."

13 minutes ago, Peter said:

I saw where Clint Eastwood endorsed Mike Bloomberg. Who would be the sanest Democratic candidate? Mike? Maybe . . . and maybe our President can then use his Clint Eastwood voice and say, "Go ahead punk. Make my day."

Peter,

Two questions about Clint's endorsement of Bloomberg:

1. What does Hollywood venerate and movie producers most need more than anything?

2. Which candidate is giving away tons of free money?

:)

I can't think of a single person who will switch to Bloomberg from Trump because of what Clint said. Clint is smart enough to know that, so I think he sold a piece of the blue sky to Mikey.

Maybe that's why my crystal ball is showing a few new Clint movies coming soon to a theater near you.

Michael

I don't know Clint well. We haven't met but I thought I knew one thing about him from seeing his movies and watching his characterizations. And that one thing I thought I knew was that Trump must be his first choice. I was wrong. He's not really Dirty Harry, is he? He's a dirty Cali-fornicator! 

Nearly two-thirds of voters think President Donald Trump will be reelected in November, a CBS News poll released Sunday found. 

Though the survey found that Trump will face a tight race with any of the likely Democratic nominees, 31% of registered voters said the president will definitely win a second term, and 34% said he probably will, for a total of 65% expecting him to be reelected. A total of 35% disagreed; 23% said he "probably will not" win, and 12% said he would "definitely not" win.

Republicans were overwhelmingly certain of Trump's victory: 9 in 10 predicted his reelection. More than a third of Democrats agreed he would likely win. But hypothetical head-to-head matchups indicate Trump's chance of winning against the top six Democratic candidates is a coin toss. 

The national poll found Trump narrowly trailing Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont (44%-47%), former Vice President Joe Biden (45%-47%) and Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts (45%-46%). But he was tied with former South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg (44% each) and narrowly ahead of Sen. Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota (45%-44%) and former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg (45%-42%). . . . And Trump's job approval rating has climbed in recent weeks. According to the RealClearPolitics polling average, the president's average approval rating is 46%, tying the highest level he has reached since taking office. 

The poll was conducted online Feb. 20-22 by YouGov. It has a margin of error of plus or minus 1.2 percentage points. 

1 hour ago, Peter said:

I don't know Clint well. We haven't met but I thought I knew one thing about him from seeing his movies and watching his characterizations. And that one thing I thought I knew was that Trump must be his first choice. I was wrong. He's not really Dirty Harry, is he? He's a dirty Cali-fornicator! 

Peter,

Don't hold it against Clint. He was just the first. Look at this one:

Best Presidential Candidate in 40 Years: Michael Douglas Hits the Campaign Trail for Bloomberg

It's the Hollywood A Team doing what it does best, sucking up to big money whenever there is a chance they might get a piece.

Michael

President Trump movies.

Indiana Trump arrives in India, still part of the British Empire, and is asked to find a mystical stone. He then stumbles upon a secret cult committing enslavement and human sacrifices in the catacombs of an ancient palace.

Earlier in his career President Trump become a teacher for the deaf. A chant discovered in India is matched with the Zoltan Kodaly method of teaching music to the deaf. From the motion picture "Close Encounters of the Third Kind."

20 hours ago, Peter said:

Nearly two-thirds of voters think President Donald Trump will be reelected in November, a CBS News poll released Sunday found. 

Though the survey found that Trump will face a tight race with any of the likely Democratic nominees, 31% of registered voters said the president will definitely win a second term, and 34% said he probably will, for a total of 65% expecting him to be reelected. A total of 35% disagreed; 23% said he "probably will not" win, and 12% said he would "definitely not" win.

Republicans were overwhelmingly certain of Trump's victory: 9 in 10 predicted his reelection. More than a third of Democrats agreed he would likely win. But hypothetical head-to-head matchups indicate Trump's chance of winning against the top six Democratic candidates is a coin toss. 

The national poll found Trump narrowly trailing Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont (44%-47%), former Vice President Joe Biden (45%-47%) and Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts (45%-46%). But he was tied with former South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg (44% each) and narrowly ahead of Sen. Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota (45%-44%) and former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg (45%-42%). . . . And Trump's job approval rating has climbed in recent weeks. According to the RealClearPolitics polling average, the president's average approval rating is 46%, tying the highest level he has reached since taking office. 

The poll was conducted online Feb. 20-22 by YouGov. It has a margin of error of plus or minus 1.2 percentage points. 

Polls are crap.

None of the Dems have a chance outside of massive vote fraud.

The real problem is the Congressional elections.

--Brant

I feel like Trump will go down in history as either the beginning of a new trend in American politics, or simply as one more blip before it just continued on as it had before.

The thing is, a president can do almost anything the real problem is making it stick. So what happens after Trump leaves office? Whether it is next year or four, if he can't find someone to carry one it will all be undone, not all at once but in time. There have been several presidents that seemed to make huge changes, only for it all to crumble years later. Andrew Jackson is a good example of this, supposedly he said his greatest achievement was beating the bankers, and here we are with a central bank and paper currency.

The great success of FDR is not that he got the new deal through, its that it last after he died.

I am not a fan of FDR but I am happy I get SS, Medicare, and VA benefits.

Good evening. I am Ed McMahon and we are here to interview Carnak the Magnificent. Johnny . . . oops I mean Carnak. What did you make of tonight’s Democratic debate?

Well first off, they misspelled my name. It is Johnny not Johnnie. And Carnak is spelled with a “C.” so I am not Karnak the Magnificent.   

Ed: Aren’t you supposed to be giving an answer and then explain it?

Can anyone come up with a good response? Peter   

The Best of Carnac the Magnificent.

A: Gatorade. Q: What does an alligator get on welfare?

A: Bible belt. Q: What holds up Oral Roberts’ pants?

A: Milk and honey. Q: What do you get from a bee that has an udder?

A: Clean air, a virgin and a gas station open on Sunday. Q: Name three things you won’t find in Los Angeles.

A: Ben Gay. Q: Why didn’t Mrs. Franklin have any kids?

A: An unmarried woman. Q: What was Elizabeth Taylor between 3 and 5 pm on June 1, 1952?

A: Disjoint. Q: What was dat hippie smoking?