Sign in to follow this  
Glen

Why, after decades and Billions spent by the broad Freedom Movement, has so little been accomplished.

A message came up when I clicked. "This attachment is not available. It may have been removed or the person who shared it may not have permission to share it to this location." 

Hi Glen,

It is because of the criminal bloodliners who have ruled over us for so long. Their aim is total slavery over us. Real change and real freedom can come after Trump finishes them off, them and their privately owned Federal Reserve and every other structure they have enslaved us with.

We won the battle of ideas a long time ago.

• Confused 1

See? Billy is brain dead. He is confused and he likes expressing his emotional reactions. But expressing his confusion is all he can muster. He knows he is at a discussion site and he can see the OP is trying to start a discussion, but he is not capable of normal intellectual discussion. He is good at laughing at other people, mocking them, pretending to be confused. 

Glen,

Welcome to OL.

Good luck on your project.

I took a look at the PDF and there is the core of an excellent idea in it. Also, a lot of hard work. But it's really raw in it's present form.

(That's not a problem. All first drafts of all authors everywhere throughout all human history stink. :) )

As a general observation on what I saw (and, please, do not take this as dissing), you need to learn more about how to interest people--that is, how to gain their interest and how to hold it. Just lots of data and strong-worded opinions are not enough to carry a reader through a long work, nor entice the reader to join your cause. I bet you have felt this resistance already.

I don't want to say anything else right now since I don't know how you will take this observation.

Michael

20 hours ago, Peter said:

A message came up when I clicked. "This attachment is not available. It may have been removed or the person who shared it may not have permission to share it to this location." 

Peter,

Without more information, I don't know what the problem is. I downloaded the attachment easily.

Michael

I cannot read the link. I get a message like Peter got.

Sorry, there is a problem

This attachment is not available. It may have been removed or the person who shared it may not have permission to share it to this location.

Error code: 2C171/1

Related to this topic, I recently posted the following comment on one of Atlas Society’s Instagram posts and Jennifer Grossman, CEO of Atlas Society, liked the comment. I reproduce my comment with original typos ... 

“Concern with wealth distribution is also about the influence that intense concentration has on political systems, cronyism, etc.

If an illegitimacy (say theft by inflation by the privately owned Federal Reserve) yields $100 from everyone on the petrodollar then three quarters of a trillion dollars is raised.

The problem is not that anyone is made poor by such a modest bleeding, rather the problem is that now someone has a quarter of a trillion dollars of ill-gotten gains and will spend it making sure this ride of theirs never ends. They will own all of your politicians. They will put people like Epstein out into to the world to blackmail all the people who could stand in their way. They will corrupt the whole world and make it very difficult to undue.”

50 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

Related to this topic...

Jon,

The title of the paper as given in the title of this thread is a bit of bait and switch.

When you read the title, you think there might be a discussion of what the weaknesses are in the freedom movement that have allowed all that money to be spent with paltry results.

Instead, the message of the paper is for you (the reader) to become what the author calls "a New Founding Father" by joining the author's movement that focuses on the morality of property rights.

Like I said, the core of the idea is interesting, but it is really raw as it stands. Also, I don't want to be the founding father of anything else at this point. Titles in organizations I know little about don't interest me. I bet I'm not the only one who thinks like this. So that's a weakness in the message that needs to be fixed.

If you and Peter and anyone else really want a copy, I will put it on my Dropbox or Sync account and post the link. Or maybe Glenn can do that. 

btw - Good question for the TAS people.

Michael