• 2 weeks later...

• 3 months later...
8 minutes ago, Peter said:

The headline at the link says "John McAfee’s ‘arrest’ over thong face mask was all a hoax" ... #Confirmation_Bias

1 hour ago, william.scherk said:

The headline at the link says "John McAfee’s ‘arrest’ over thong face mask was all a hoax" ... #Confirmation_Bias

What I posted about 5 hours ago was copied from the headline as it stood then. So the New York Post altered the headline. The body of the article was much altered, too. Note the "12:31pm Updated" close to the title.

Still a good example of confirmation bias. You believed an absurd story. Your defense, 'but I found it in print'  only emphasizes your naivete and general poor judgement. You try to shift it to the Post, like a narcissist who will never acknowledge even the slightest error. Peak Merlin.

3 hours ago, Jon Letendre said:

Still a good example of confirmation bias. You believed an absurd story. Your defense, 'but I found it in print'  only emphasizes your naivete and general poor judgement. You try to shift it to the Post, like a narcissist who will never acknowledge even the slightest error. Peak Merlin.

😃   Prove I believed it, incompetent mind-reader. I posted it because I thought it was funny, imbecile.

Why on earth would anyone ever try to do a gotcha on John McAfee?

Dayaamm!

(I'm not indirectly talking about the posters on this thread. I'm talking about the people out there who think they have discredited McAfee.)

He's one of the pure 100% trickster archetypes floating around.

But he's also a shrewd businessman of the highest order, which is why he owns a fortune. Right now he's launching several blockchain projects, including cryptocurrency. According to what I have read around, back in February, he was getting grief from different governments and governmental agencies and that was interfering with his plans, so he simply started doing a lot of tweets on a different topic.

Watch if you dare. This tweet was merely the first of a whole lot of 'em on his new pet project.

Things got gross after that first one. 🙂 

🙂

Now he's no longer doing videos on that topic, but I think he's back on track with his blockchain plans with a clear path ahead.

🙂 

How is anyone going to be able to gotcha something like that? Why would anyone want to?

But some people will. Can you hear it after the chortling about finance being influence by that stuff?

Correlation is not causation. Correlation is not causation. Correlation is not causation. And off they go gotchaing all over the place...

But what McAfee did is how tricksters get their results. For example, can you imagine top-level elitist snoots sitting around in "decent company" and trying to discuss how to curtail McAfee's disruptive financial projects during the time he was setting Twitter on fire with those tweets? There was no way to ignore those tweets because everybody who talked about McAfee was talking about them. Their meetings must have been a hoot. 🙂 

I think they just moved on... It was simpler...

This looks like chaos and silliness, but it's actually the technique used in magic tricks: movement in one hand added to patter to misdirect attention while the other hand does the trick.

Gotcha that if you will.

🙂 

No one who only looks at the surface with McAfee will ever understand him.

Michael

• 4 months later...

John McAfee is in prison in Spain and has been for some time.

John was arrested in Spain in early October at the request of the US government (DOJ--that would be Bill Barr) for tax evasion when he was living in the use (2014-2018). He has not been extradited to the US yet, but things are not looking good.

I don't know what to say about this.

There are principles you live by and there is the reality context where you live them.

If you stick your head in a lion's mouth and taunt it, you might believe in a divine right of NIOF and live by it, but you will probably get bit hard as you are getting mauled.

That's kinda what John did just now. He doesn't believe in paying taxes. The US government believes otherwise. He constantly taunted the US government. And he kept crowing that nobody could catch him, even showing on Twitter the equipment he used to avoid detection.

But then he staged a fake arrest in Norway for using a lace thong as a COVID-19 face mask and refusing to put a normal mask on. :) In other words, he started making fun of law enforcement people. That must has pissed someone off because he got pinched in Spain.

At first he had fun with the experience. Then it stopped being fun.

I hope he gets out of this mess. I'm rooting for him.

I love what he represents as rebellion against authoritarianism.

And, like Roger Rabbit, he makes me laugh.

:) 

Michael

• 2 years later...