17 hours ago, Strictlylogical said:

I think Michael is being ironic.

1.  He's extending a "wish" as an Objectivist who knows such things to be irrational and ineffectual.

2.  He is doing so despite the absence of reciprocation, which is contrary to justice and self-interest which is immoral to an Objectivist.

So he is saying something untrue... but what he says is also VERY true...

On an emotional level, he likely does "wish" Ms Johnson a full recovery (because he is decent), while at the same time observing the likely truth that she is not a decent person, and would celebrate his passing.  This seems quite reasonable given Michael's political views, and her views of what persons who have those views are like and what they "deserve".

I get nothing of the "deserves to be shot" in there.  Objectivists are pacifists who never initiate or "wish" for the initiation of harm, we also believe in justice, in freedom of speech and freedom of thought, so you should not have any worries about what Michael means. 

Ms. Johnson would be perfectly safe in Michael's world and would be equally safe in a world full of Michaels so to speak, while the converse, however, most likely would NOT be true.

This analysis makes a lot of sense and I find it, well, pretty logical. 

Michael's following response, to my mind does not, and is not.

Just for the record, I am not the person I have loved most in the world, and I have certainly hated myself for some things I have done which I will always regret, but this self hating thing is just imaginary. Michael evinces hate towards others which he justifies by citing their evil. I can understand and feel that too, but hate is a small part of my life and I try to waste as little of it on myself as possible. Righteous anger is too heady a brew to live on.

• Like 1

But if anger is what you have, it's a reaction to something and if you having it is righteous well.. it ain't your fault, if it's truly righteous it'd be your fault if you didn't have it , eh ?

It might be pretty heady , it ain't the best to live on, but it can get you up in the morning and keep you cruisin through a doldrum.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, william.scherk said:

She was shot at a rally?

William,

If parsing words is your thing, you have to take into account fog of war reporting. Some will use one word and others will use another word until the official fake news media narrative can be handed down from on high.

But party, rally, it doesn't matter. It was public, or open to the public, and people were gathering to hang out and talk racist politics. Call it what you want. I think most people understand it was not a home invasion or she was shot while shopping or jogging. She was politicking in a place with public access.

You are the only one I have seen confused about this so far.

4 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Which is it?

Don't know. According to the London Metropolitan Police Commander (see here), 

"Around 3 a.m. local time on Sunday morning, a group of four black males dressed in dark colored clothing entered the garden of the property and discharged a firearm," London's Metropolitan police Commander Alison Heydari said in a statement Tuesday.

That sounds like a gang hit squad. And, since everyone was shouting to the rooftops that she was not the one targeted, it looks like they missed their target.

Somebody reported this as a gang shooting (I can't remember who, but I did read it in several places) and now the propaganda news network is going apeshit as if saying that were the crime, not the actual shooting. 

It took the fake news press awhile, but since the Head Policeman himself said--in public--the shooter was black and in a group of black makes dressed in similar manner, now they have to hold their noses and report the race of the shooter and report he was among a group of similar people.

But I don't think the fake news press wants to do this. I think they want people to think it was another race. White would be best, of course, but Asian would do in a pinch...

The sad news is the fake news media is nothing but a bunch of bigots and racists themselves. I can't stand them for many reasons, but that reason is high up in my priorities.

Meanwhile, back at the propaganda farm, why not hang some "house negroes" and whitewash that this is exactly the instructions of the despicable Sasha Johnson?

Michael

56 minutes ago, caroljane said:

Michael evinces hate towards others which he justifies by citing their evil.

Carol,

That's too broad. If you want to talk about collectives, I hate racists when they do racist things. Sasha Johnson is a racist.

But I only hate certain individuals--not "others" in general. I cite their evil to identify who they are and why I hate them.

Fortunately, the world is a much better place than the fiction portrayed in the fake news media or political think tanks and propaganda machines.

Just for the record, I am not the person I have loved most in the world...

I'm not surprised and it's not that rare.

For example, many Christians love Jesus Christ more than themselves.

This analysis makes a lot of sense and I find it, well, pretty logical. 

Of course you would think that way. This fits the story in your head, not what your eyes see. Your statement is a perfect example of this.

... hate is a small part of my life and I try to waste as little of it on myself as possible. Righteous anger is too heady a brew to live on.

This is one of the reasons I like you. Your emotional "tone" (to steal a Scientology form of saying it) is not hatred-laden.  You are nice person by default.

However, you often spew out the talking points of those who hate. I don't think you are aware of what you do, though. So you are forgiven. :) 

Michael

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

and whitewash that this is exactly the instructions of the despicable Sasha Johnson

There is a British actress named Sasha Jackson and she looks like a younger, hooter, I mean hotter, Reese Witherspoon.

edit. Sorry I misspelled her name. Sasha Jackson is nice to look at.  

1 hour ago, caroljane said:

Just for the record, I am not the person I have loved most in the world, and I have certainly hated myself for some things I have done which I will always regret

This is unfortunate, but not unique.  But you are defined more by what you DO, than what you have done, and in a sense what you attempt to do even if you fail.  With repeated effort, you become a person you can love more (with time).. if not the most.

Michael evinces hate towards others which he justifies by citing their evil.

"Evil" certainly constitutes evidence citable to justify hate. 

The more one loves oneself, and loves one's life, loves family and friends, and all the values one has and pursues, all the more hatred one could have or justify having toward the evil that exists and threatens all that which one loves.

We all know (including Michael) that meditating incessantly or obsessively on Evil and one's justified hatred of it, is not conducive to flourishing.  BUT wholly evading evil or suppressing the momentary experience of the appropriate emotional response is not useful either.

I can understand and feel that too, but hate is a small part of my life and I try to waste as little of it on myself as possible. Righteous anger is too heady a brew to live on.

You speak of wasting hate on yourself (or your life), best we all try not to waste life on hate, no more than appropriate in any case.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Fortunately, the world is a much better place than the fiction portrayed in the fake news media or political think tanks and propaganda machines.

However, you often spew out the talking points of those who hate. I don't think you are aware of what you do, though. So you are forgiven. :) 

Michael

And so do you, and so are you, dear cousin. And the world is a much better place exactly as you say, Horatio, than professional haters can dream  of in their philosophies. ❣️

And so do you...

Carol,

The difference is the people you support want to rule me. The people I support merely want you to live a good life as you wish. (This is not a conservative-liberal divide. It goes deeper.)

So, as much as there can be a semantic equivalence in playing word games (I am this but you are that), there is no quality equivalence or moral equivalence.

And once again, I say, you know not what you do, so you are forgiven.

:) 

But that is another difference, awareness. I know exactly what I am doing. I even know that, for those who read it, a surprise hate bomb like I just did on a despicable BLM racist at the very moment of her supreme victimhood (being shot) blows a hole is the equally racist propaganda story promoted by her and her kind of hater. People targeted by that kind of propaganda become more wary of the story they are being fed.

Based on what you have written, I don't think you have that level of cultural awareness. And I don't expect you to understand what I am talking about.

Here's a hint, though. Geraldo Vandré (a left-wing singer I produced in Brazil ages ago) once told me, "Cattle eat what is in the pasture."

Michael

I read that Bill Gates took "one weekend a month" to be with his ex girlfriend with his wife's knowledge, but what really bothered her was his association with underage "grooming," pervert Epstein. Bill just doesn't look like that kind of guy . . . but maybe he was and is.     

On 2/14/2021 at 12:46 PM, Peter said:

How long will it be before the rioters are thoroughly interrogated, tried, and convicted? Does anyone have a timeline? Peter

From USA Today. 'The truth is hard': Senate Republicans block commission to study Capitol riot of Jan. 6 Bart Jansen and Savannah Behrmann, USA TODAY  56 mins ago

Why in the heck would they do that? I agree that a probe should be bipartisan and the participants should be from both parties, but this looks like a stupid cover-up. Can we handle the truth? I think the Republicans are looking like stupid conspirators . . . and they MUST BE guilty.   

• Smile 1

2 hours ago, Peter said:

From USA Today. 'The truth is hard': Senate Republicans block commission to study Capitol riot of Jan. 6 Bart Jansen and Savannah Behrmann, USA TODAY  56 mins ago

Why in the heck would they do that? I agree that a probe should be bipartisan and the participants should be from both parties, but this looks like a stupid cover-up. Can we handle the truth? I think the Republicans are looking like stupid conspirators . . . and they MUST BE guilty.   

Good. The fact that it this was  blocked was a GOOD thing, BECAUSE it was a sham, an attemp at "impeachment 3.0", not just of Trump, but of his supporters. Now, let's focus on ANTIFA/BLM and their REPEATED, ONGOING ATTEMPTS at armed insurrection (which the left has NO problem with, mind you), thank you kindly. (Oh, and the man-made, lab origin of the Chyna-virus, NOT the wet-market, which Biden is trying to squash. THERE'S your "cover-up"...)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peter said:

Why in the heck would they do that?

Peter,

I agree with Trump. This was a trap.

Congressional commissions are nothing but ways to extend political-agenda-based publicity stunts, anyway. Without the press spinning statements up a storm, I can't think of anything of any importance that a Congressional commission has done.

Ever.

The fake news press was just lying in wait to amplify and roar about fear of Trump supporters (to try to scare the public to death) while ignoring all the rest.

Also, this stuff is planned. There is that category called the "unknown unknowns." 

Remember Feinstein springing the Christine Blasey Ford sex assault idiocy at the last minute during the Kavanaugh hearings? Hell, they even got John Dean to testify in that one, hoping that some of his Watergate magic would rub off on this nomination. And boy did the press run with it.

God knows what was waiting in the wings for a Jan. 6 commission.

For as flawed and toady-like federal law enforcement is these days, I say let law enforcement deal with criminal investigations. The USA is far more than a gaggle of grandstanding politicians and fake news media lying and spinning their asses off.

The USA is a nation of laws.

We have to make existing laws work correctly or we end up with nothing but gang wars and chaos--and after enough of that, a dictatorship.

Michael

7 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I agree with Trump. This was a trap.

I can understand the possibility of an investigation being twisted to suit an agenda, but the plan was for a 50/50 split between the parties, lessening that possibility.  Remember someone on OL saying Antifa and leftist operatives were at the Capitol riots, too? The more truth that is exposed the better it is for everyone.

9 hours ago, Peter said:

... the plan was for a 50/50 split between the parties...

Peter,

Do you really believe that would actually happen?

I don't.

Of even if it did, it would be top-heavy on the Republican side with anti-Trumpers who will soon be leaving.

Here's an idea for some facts. Real facts and not propaganda.

Why not release in the mainstream some of the ton-loads of videos showing a mostly peaceful event? There is plenty to release. After all, about a million people were there on Jan. 6, most with smartphones. I've even seen some of it on alt media sites. But it never appears on the fake news media, who simply play the same loops of the same few people over and over.

Frankly, we don't need a Congressional commission to rectify bullshit by the fake news media. On the contrary, such a commission will provide even more bullshit.

I have a suggestion for you. I am now up to Chapter 4 in the just-released Breaking the News: Exposing the Establishment Media's Hidden Deals and Secret Corruption by Alex Marlow, the Editor in Chief at Breitbart. It's a bestseller right now and for good reason.

It gives stats on the news. For example, do you know how many mainstream articles were written promoting the Russian hoax? Mainstream, not alt media on the left. Here's how many. Over half a million. That's a hell of a lot of articles for a limited space and small time period (about 3 years).

Here's another. The New York Times vastly increased the word-count of racist terms in its articles after the disaster of the Meuller Report. I don't recall the number since I am listening to an audiobook version, but the stats are given and the increase was drastic.

And on and on and on...

Michael

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Anyway, the whole point is moot. There will be no Congressional commission. And the vote killing it was bi-partisan.

Notes. The five people who died during the US Capitol invasion included a military vet who was shot, a cop who collapsed while fending off rioters, and three protesters who perished from medical emergencies, officials said . . . . 54% of Republicans think ‘violent left-wing activists’ were behind Jan. 6 Capitol riot: poll . . . .  reports by police officials and federal prosecutors indicating that about 140 officers were injured, the head of the Capitol Police officers’ union said . . . .

. . . . LTJG Kaffee: I want the truth!

Col. Jessup: You can’t handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.

On 4/18/2021 at 5:07 PM, ThatGuy said:

"Stay calm, citizen; no need to arm yourselves; the National Guard will protect you..."

I'm Proud To Be An American  by Lee Greenwood  

If tomorrow all the things were gone I'd worked for all my life And I had to start again with just my children and my wife I'd thank my lucky stars to be livin’ here today 'Cause the flag still stands for freedom and they can't take that away
And I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free And I won’t forget the men who died who gave that right to me And I gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today ' Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land God bless the USA From the lakes of Minnesota to the hills of Tennessee Across the plains of Texas From sea to shining sea . . . .

And I gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today ‘Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land God bless the USA . . . .

6 hours ago, Peter said:

Notes. The five people who died during the US Capitol invasion included a military vet who was shot, a cop who collapsed while fending off rioters, and three protesters who perished from medical emergencies, officials said...

Peter,

Wanna think about what you are leaving out in these items in your notes?

That information gap is your hidden frame.

And a hidden frame works poorly as persuasion when others see it.

Michael

• Upvote 1

I don't know where to put this. I don't want to start a new thread about it. But since BLM is a smokescreen for the Deep State and BLM pushes hard for reparations to black people for slavery, Jim Crow laws, etc., here is just about as good as anywhere else.

I live in Evanston, a small town near Chicago.

I have a tale of two headlines that are self-explanatory.

First from last March, which was irritating beyond belief:

"First Tangible Step" - Evanston, Illinois, Becomes First City To Pay Reparations To Blacks

Now a headline about the holy mess that happened (which I knew would happen).

The First American City To Authorize "Reparations" Is Already Regretting It

As a guy once said in an AA meeting I attended years ago about a new person who showed up and spoke, "It's always a new story and it's always the same old story."

And the story?

When large sums of free money are to be given out, the first people to show up are the grifters and red-tape enthusiasts while virtue signals turn to mush.

Michael

47 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

And a hidden frame works poorly as persuasion when others see it.

I don't get it. I was quoting someone on the web but I don't remember who . . . it may have been MSN or a newspaper. 

The initials MSN remind me of an army joke I read in Reader's Digest. Everyone may know what MRE's are: Meals Ready to Eat but some personnel are calling them Meals Refusing to Exit.     

4 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I don't know where to put this. I don't want to start a new thread about it. But since BLM is a smokescreen for the Deep State and BLM pushes hard for reparations to black people for slavery, Jim Crow laws, etc., here is just about as good as anywhere else.

I live in Evanston, a small town near Chicago.

I have a tale of two headlines that are self-explanatory.

First from last March, which was irritating beyond belief:

"First Tangible Step" - Evanston, Illinois, Becomes First City To Pay Reparations To Blacks

Now a headline about the holy mess that happened (which I knew would happen).

The First American City To Authorize "Reparations" Is Already Regretting It

As a guy once said in an AA meeting I attended years ago about a new person who showed up and spoke, "It's always a new story and it's always the same old story."

And the story?

When large sums of free money are to be given out, the first people to show up are the grifters and red-tape enthusiasts while virtue signals turn to mush.

Michael

Did you read the whole article? I did. It was well-written and researched and quite mild in tone. I was impressed. So I looked up the writer, Tyler Durden, and th publication in which the piece appeared, Zero Hedge,  financial publication outside my grasp.

Do you regularly read Zero Hedge or other articles by Durden, or did you just pass on the headline as it fulfilled one of your prophecies? It is good to know the source o,f information as you are always saying, so we can use our own eyes and ears etc. effectively.

As you may know already, Tyler Durden is a winking pseudonym and ZHedge is owned by a company registered in Sofia, Bulgaria .  If it is important to know that a headline can be automatically assumed false if it comes from all Msm outlets, is it not equally important to know that it comes from a source tied to a foreign country?

6 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

That information gap is your hidden frame.

From CBS News: The Department of Justice said as of Thursday, they had arrested approximately 440 people in connection with the Capitol riot on January 6. But four months after the attack, the FBI is still searching for suspects accused of vicious attacks on officers and members of the media. Of the 440 arrested so far, CBS News has independently reviewed the cases of 400 defendants. More than 100 of those were charged with assaulting, resisting or impeding officers or employees, including more than 35 charged with using a deadly or dangerous weapon. Around 140 officers were assaulted that day, the Justice Department has said, and the search continues for some of the most high-profile assailants. end quote

Enquiring minds want to know . . . as do leftist propogandists and right wing conspirators and everybody else who believes, or doesn't believe, in the Constitution. I want HISTORY to be written from facts.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, caroljane said:

Did you read the whole article? I did. It was well-written and researched and quite mild in tone. I was impressed. So I looked up the writer, Tyler Durden, and th publication in which the piece appeared, Zero Hedge,  financial publication outside my grasp.

Do you regularly read Zero Hedge or other articles by Durden, or did you just pass on the headline as it fulfilled one of your prophecies? It is good to know the source o,f information as you are always saying, so we can use our own eyes and ears etc. effectively.

As you may know already, Tyler Durden is a winking pseudonym and ZHedge is owned by a company registered in Sofia, Bulgaria .  If it is important to know that a headline can be automatically assumed false if it comes from all Msm outlets, is it not equally important to know that it comes from a source tied to a foreign country?

Carol,

My God, how you have a capacity to miss the point when you try to justify your intellectual laziness.

I recommend you stay away from rhetorical competitiveness. You do a lot better when you're faking it and spouting platitudes.

At least there is some emotion and it is slightly interesting when you waft on like: Oh! How I suffer for victim X and Y. I have feelings and my heart is broken. That makes me superior to all you brutes out there. How can you be so cruel? Have you no humanity? Is liberty that important to you?

That sucks, but at least you are pretty good at it.

Michael

• Upvote 1