5 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

btw - Wait until President Trump hires General Michael Flynn again.

Those Deep Staters who AG Barr doesn't scoop up will have to look at General Michael Flynn coming right at them.

I think he might be pissed at them, too.

🙂

Michael

I wish he would rehire Michael Flynn.

Why do I keep seeing the name Michael Kelly popping up on the credits for "House of Cards?" Has Michael been moonlighting?   

11 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Peter,

I'm the more handsome one.

🙂

Michael

Michael Kelly teases a return to ‘Jack Ryan’ (or not) and breaks down the scrapped ‘House of Cards’ Doug spin-off See article on: www.goldderby.com Riley Chow © Charles Sykes/Invision/AP/Shutterstock Michael Kelly

“At the time, it was a one-year deal,” actor Michael Kelly reveals in his exclusive interview with Gold Derby (watch the video above) about joining “Jack Ryan” for its second season, which Amazon Prime released last fall. Asked if his role as CIA station chief Mike November has since expanded to continue into the third season that is next to shoot, Kelly teases, “I know exactly what they’re going to do next year.” He laughs, “I can’t talk about it — I can’t tell you if I’m involved in it or not!”

The four-time Emmy nominee is however finally breaking his silence on the premise of the scrapped “House of Cards” spin-off centered on his character Doug Stamper that was in development in 2017, with Kelly attached as a producer and director. He reveals that the plan at the time was for Doug to end “House of Cards” in prison, with the spin-off opening as he meets “this charismatic, young, black man” there. Kelly continues, “Frank helps get them out of prison and it’s him taking this kid under his wing and running him in his hometown for a small office position, like a city councilman, but he’s got a shady past and Stamper of course has to take care of business the way he does best.” Kelly likens it to “Breaking Bad” spin-off “Better Call Saul” in how “it was going to be lighter in tone , , , , 

Doug, the President's "fixer." I haven't seen the Jack Ryan show yet. Peter  

Well, well, well...

On 5/7/2020 at 6:16 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

btw - Wait until President Trump hires General Michael Flynn again.

Those Deep Staters who AG Barr doesn't scoop up will have to look at General Michael Flynn coming right at them.

I think he might be pissed at them, too.

The tweet below is from the Twitter account of Field of Fight, the account of the 2016 book: The Field of Fight: How We Can Win the Global War Against Radical Islam and Its Allies by Lieutenant General (Ret.) Michael T. Flynn and Michael Ledeen.

Heh, heh, heh...

Now let's see what happens when the Deep State comes to the surface and meets the Official State.

🙂

Michael

On 2/23/2020 at 7:25 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

... but I bet it gets solved, unlike what happened with Seth Rich.

Maybe I spoke too soon.

From The Gateway Pundit:

HUGE DEVELOPMENT: Following Last Week’s Release Attorney Clevenger Alleges Office of DNI Has Communications Between Seth Rich and WikiLeaks – Russia Collusion a Lie!

From the article:

We reported in mid-February how Attorney Ty Clevenger, who represents a client who is being sued for his comments about Seth Rich, reported to the courts that despite numerous assurances from the FBI that they had no information related to Seth Rich, emails related to Seth Rich were identified and provided to Judicial Watch. It looked like the FBI was lying to Clevenger all this time.

. . .

Attorney Clevenger sent a letter to ADNI Rick Grenell that he should receive by this Monday.

According to Ty, the NSA, knows exactly who sent the records to Wikileaks. So does the FBI. Seth Rich is the last shoe to drop, and the Trump Admin needs to hurry up and drop it

Clevenger goes on to state the most shocking statement related to the Russia collusion sham to date:

"I am reliably informed that the NSA or its partners intercepted at least some of the communications between Mr. Rich and Wikileaks. Before elaborating on that, however, I should first note the extent to which the “deep state” has already tried to cover up information about Mr. Rich. In an October 9, 2018 affidavit submitted in a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit, FBI section chief David M. Hardy testified that (1) the FBI did not investigate any matters pertaining to Mr. Rich, and (2) the FBI was unable to locate any records about Mr. Rich. Both claims were unequivocally false."

. . .

We now know there is no evidence Russia hacked the DNC and sent the hacked emails to WikiLeaks.  Crowdstrike admitted this under oath and the Mueller Report backs this up.  Attorney Ty Clevenger asserts the DNI has been covering up for 4 years the fact that they have communications between Seth Rich and WikiLeaks. 

This is an enormous development.

The article includes a copy of the full letter from Attorney Ty Clevenger to ADNI Rick Grenell.

I agree it's an enormous development. If this goes to where it promises to go, the DNC and others will not only be involved in an illegal conspiracy and cover-up, they will be involved in an assassination. 

That kinda makes me happy.

🙂 

Not for Seth Rich, of course--I wish he were still alive. But I am happy for the impending comeuppance of the bad guys. Especially since people who have asked questions about Seth Rich leaking to Wikileaks have been mercilessly mocked for over four years by those who, as it turns out, supported the murder and cover-up.

Michael

Mexico is getting in the game of taking down the Deep State. From The Blaze:

Mexico's president calls for investigation into Obama-era Fast and Furious Operation
The Mexican government is asking Washington for cooperation in discovering how Operation Fast and Furious happened

Mexico's president asked the United States for answers and an apology for the Obama-era gun-running operation known as "Fast and Furious." On Friday, Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador called for an investigation into Operation Fast and Furious to prevent it from happening again.

"What seems serious to me is that a violation of our sovereignty was carried out, a secret operation, and that Mexicans were killed with these weapons," Lopez Obrador said during a press conference in Mexico City on Friday.

"How could this be? A government that invades in this way, that flagrantly violates sovereignty, international laws," Lopez Obrador continued. "We have to shine light on this so that an action of this type will never be carried out again."

"There is still time for the U.S. to apologize," the Mexican president stated.

He also said that his government would send a diplomatic note to Washington asking for information on the gun-running scheme. Mexico Foreign Affairs Minister Marcelo Ebrard confirmed the communication, and said he was sending a letter to the U.S. regarding Operation Fast and Furious.

That was Eric Holder's baby.

Now it grew up.

Will he like what he fathered?

🙂

Michael

From Bloomberg. If the President Tests Positive for the Virus, What Happens? Joshua Green and Jennifer Jacobs 45 mins ago

(Bloomberg Businessweek) -- The news last week that President Trump’s valet and Vice President Pence’s press secretary had both contracted the coronavirus sent a scare through the White House. While officials said both leaders subsequently tested negative, the episode raised a worrisome possibility: What happens if Trump or Pence is stricken—or, worse, if both became ill at the same time? The result could be anything from a temporary disruption to a full-blown constitutional crisis with competing claims on the presidency. What’s critical, experts say, is that the identity of the commander-in-chief be clear in any situation. At least one scenario could arise where it wouldn’t be. The degree of economic and geopolitical fallout would depend heavily on the severity of the illness, and especially on whether Trump himself became incapacitated, say current and former White House officials and outside experts. “There’s a protocol for everything,” says David Axelrod, former senior White House adviser to Barack Obama. “We routinely went through drills for what to do in case of terrorist or nuclear attacks, but I honestly never anticipated a pandemic situation like the one the White House is facing now.”

Markets would almost certainly drop on news of a presidential diagnosis, says Ian Bremmer, president of Eurasia Group, a geopolitical risk consulting firm. But he expects traders would take comfort from U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s recovery from his recent bout of Covid-19. Although Johnson deputized Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab to handle some duties when he entered intensive care on April 7, he never formally transferred power; Johnson has now returned to work and resumed his full slate of duties. 

“If Trump were to get it and is quarantined in the residence, but stays in charge of the government and is tweeting like crazy, I think there’d be de minimis market impact,” says Bremmer.

Even if Trump became too ill for vigorous tweeting, there’s a process that past presidents have employed to temporarily relinquish power. The Constitution’s 25th Amendment allows Trump to hand over control to the vice president and then reclaim it as soon as he declares himself able. George W. Bush did this twice during his presidency, while undergoing medical procedures, and Ronald Reagan once, after he was shot. If Trump were stricken suddenly or had to be sedated for intubation, the 25th Amendment also allows the vice president and cabinet to execute the transfer of presidential power . . . . 

On 5/9/2020 at 1:33 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I'm the more handsome one.

That was very funny Michael. I am down to the last season of “House of Cards.” I wonder if Spacey gets paid residuals when I watch his show in 2020? Here are some bits of interest. Peter

From Business Insider. There's a big reason Kevin Spacey made the jump to Netflix. According to a new salary report from TV Guide, Spacey is making $500,000 an episode for his lead role on the Emmy-winning political thriller "House of Cards."  TV Guide reports that number includes producer fees and profit participation. Season 2 of the series, which launched in February, had 13 episodes. That puts the actor's salary at $6.5 million. 

The figure places Spacey into an elite club of network stars who make over $500,000 per episode. According to TV Guide, it includes Mark Harmon for "NCIS" ($525,000), "Two and a Half Men" actors Jon Cryer ($650,000) and Ashton Kutcher ($750,000), and "The Big Bang Theory" stars Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, and Johnny Galecki, who netted $1 million per-episode salaries. 

Spacey plays a ruthless democratic house whip, Frank Underwood, who strategizes his way to the top of the White House. "House of Cards" received 13 Emmy nods for Season 2, including Outstanding Lead Actor (Spacey), Outstanding Lead Actress (Robin Wright), and Outstanding Drama Series. TV Guide predicts the streaming service could eventually pay Spacey a $1 million salary for his role. "House of Cards" has been renewed for Season 3, which is expected to air on Netflix in 2015.

And from Forbes. Here's How Much Money Kevin Spacey Could Lose Following His Sexual Harassment Scandal Madeline Berg Forbes Staff/ This post was updated Nov. 3 at 10:35 p.m. to reflect that Netflix fired Kevin Spacey from House of Cards. It’s been less than a week since the first sexual assault accusation against Kevin Spacey came out, but the actor’s role in the Netflix series House of Cards is done for--and perhaps his career is, too. The cancellation of House of Cards alone could cost Spacey up to $6.5 million in future earnings. For Spacey, a regular on Forbes' list of top-paid TV actors who earned $12 million last year, the seven-figure acting roles and endorsement gigs that he's accustomed to landing are likely a thing of the past.

On Sunday night, actor Anthony Rapp alleged in a BuzzFeed News report that Spacey had made a sexual advance toward him when Rapp was only 14. Spacey came back with a widely criticized apology that included a coming out statement. Since then, others have come forward--including an allegation that led to Scotland Yard to launch an investigation into Spacey--leading Netflix and production company Media Rights Capital to announce Tuesday that they were suspending work on season 6 of House of Cards so that they could “review the current situation and to address any concerns of our cast and crew.”

On Thursday, eight current and former House of Cards employees alleged to CNN that Spacey caused a “toxic” work environment through a pattern of sexual harassment and assault, including non-consensual touching and “crude” comments. While Spacey has not commented about the new accusation (he is particularly hard to reach as his publicist and agent parted ways with him shortly after these accusations became public), Netflix at first responded by saying it “will continue to work with MRC during this hiatus time to evaluate our path forward as it relates to the production,” and MRC said it will “thoroughly investigate all current claims and any new claims.” Both MRC and Netflix also doubled down on commitments to making the set a safe environment for cast and crew, and acknowledged knowing about an incident that occurred and was resolved in 2012.

By Friday night, Spacey was officially fired from the show, although it is not yet clear if the series will continue for its sixth season without Spacey. Netflix had announced Monday that the sixth season would be the show's last, a decision it said was unrelated to the allegations.

The loss of the role and his executive producing credit on the show could cost Spacey up to $6.5 million in future earnings--or $500,000 per episode of the season, which would likely be 13 episodes long. Because Spacey is both the star and executive producer on the series, he makes more than any other cast member, including costar Robin Wright.

The actual amount Spacey loses will depend on both what he has already been paid and the morals clause of his contract, which “prohibits employees from doing immoral things and some of the consequences could be a deduction in pay or eliminating pay altogether,” says Philip K. Bonoli, an attorney and partner at Brutzkus Gubner Rozansky Seror Weber LLP. Because Spacey and House of Cards were so crucial to Netflix’s success in original content, it is likely that Spacey negotiated at least some pay for season 6 up front, and it is unlikely that Netflix or MRC will be able to recoup that money, even if Spacey turns out to be the cause of the show’s cancellation. “It’s very difficult for an employer to reclaim wages that have already been paid,” explains Bonoli. Besides losing his House of Cards role and any part in the future spin-offs Netflix has planned, Spacey was already down a couple of jobs. He will no longer be teaching an online acting course for MasterClass. While he already earned the reported upfront fee of about $100,000 from the e-learning company, he will lose out on the 30% of the revenue generated by his classes that he was previously getting. (Each student paid $90 to enroll; Masterclass has not disclosed how many students took his class.) While the cancellation will surely be a blow to Spacey’s paycheck, it will be less of a big deal for Netflix. When House of Cards premiered, it broke the mold for the streaming service, as it was the platform’s first original series and almost instantly garnered a high level of popular and critical attention. Since then, Netflix has produced a number of originals, many of which are more popular when measured by social buzz and unofficial ratings, and are thus more likely the ones attracting subscribers.

Between October 25, 2016 and October 25, 2017, House of Cards received 6,917,707 search and social mentions according to analytics company ListenFirst. 13 Reasons Why, Stranger Things and Sense8 were mentioned significantly more times with 19,686,222, 8,113,588 and 7,488,505 mentions, respectively. While Netflix doesn’t release viewer information, Symphony Advanced Media released viewership estimates for the 35 days following many of 2016’s Netflix premieres. House of Cards season four, which averaged 5.67 million adults ages 18 to 49 in its first 35 days, was .behind eight other original series, including Stranger Things, Orange Is the New Black and Fuller House. In terms of the money already spent on season 6, Netflix would indeed take a loss, but with a $6 billion content budget for 2017 and one approaching $8 billion for 2018, it can afford the hit, especially as it has taken more expensive ones with shows like The Get Down, which cost $120 million to produce and was quite unpopular. So while the streamer and fans may be saying goodbye to Frank Underwood, it's Spacey who's gone under . . . .

AG Barr just said he is not seeking a criminal investigation into former President Obama or former Vice President Biden.

But the qualification was there at the end. Meaning he did not rule it out, either. He pointed out that not every case of abuse of power, however outrageous, does not necessarily result in a federal crime. But he also said Durham's investigation will not lead to a crimianl investigation of Obama and Biden "based on the information he has today."

Since AG Barr mentioned Obama and Biden by name and qualified his statement about no criminal investigation, this could be a head fake and a criminal investigation is being planned at some point.

He is clear he does not want Justice Department investigations to be used as election tactics. So, in my opinion, anything criminal-wise aimed at Obama and Biden will probably happen after the November election.

Meanwhile, I hope the press on Trump's side keeps the pressure on. I fully believe there will come a moment, if enough people like Judicial Watch keep digging, where they will uncover provable felonies that objective law enforcement people cannot ignore.

Michael

• Like 1

I get a sense of inevitability when I see news like the following.

Nunes: GOP Lawmakers Expanding Investigation Into Special Counsel Operation, “We Will Be Making Criminal Referrals of the Mueller Team” (VIDEO)

Here's the video, so let's let Nunes tell us this in his own words.

This process is slow, but it feels like a big-ass ship--a slow one--after sighting land. Every day you see the distant dot of land get a little bit bigger. The inevitability of landing grows as the dot of land grows.

Despite what AG Barr said earlier about no criminal investigation happening against Obama or Biden right now, I'm beginning to harbor the notion that there will be after the first round of people go to jail, especially after some of them spill their guts to get off with a lighter sentence.

I would love to see some of those assholes on the Mueller team go down. They abused their positions, but acted and spoke in the name of the law.

Michael

4 hours ago, tmj said:

But...but ..Covid!

They can serve most of their time, not in jail but with the new iridescent dog collar to be worn outside of all clothing so people will know you are a crook. And like an ankle bracelet, it will report where you are at all times, and it will shock the perpetrators if they bark.  

• 2 weeks later...

Talk about a friggin' Hail Mary pass.

CNN hired Lisa Page as a talking head.

LOLOLOL... 🙂 

🙂 🙂 🙂 

Meanwhile, back at the farm (from Gregg Jarrett's site and staff):

Russia Hoax: Nearly Three Dozen Subpoenas Approved for Obama Administration Officials

Senate Republicans had a lot of momentum Thursday for their investigation into the origins of the Russia probe. The Senate Homeland Security Committee authorized subpoena requests for “nearly three dozen” Obama administration officials, reports NBC News. In conjunction, the Judiciary Committee is considering more than 50 additional subpoenas; any action is reportedly postponed until next week.

What has been aptly referred to as “unmasking the unmaskers” the Senate Republicans seek to get to the bottom of how Trump campaign and transition officials were “unmasked” such as former national security adviser Michael Flynn. Additional questions they want answered are why the FISA application process was so deeply misused to spy on the Trump campaign and the FBI and special counsel’s probe into Russian interference in the 2016 elections.

. . .

Amongst those the Homeland Security and Judiciary committees are considering issuing subpoenas for include former CIA Director John Brennan, ex-Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, former FBI Director James Comey, former Obama chief of staff Dennis McDonough, former national security adviser Susan Rice and ex-FBI officials Peter Strzok and Lisa Page.

Well, at least it's more entertaining than nonstop loops of the same old riot highlights.

Michael

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes the Deep Staters have to go out kicking and screaming, but out they are going.

Here is a nutshell outline of this issue.

1. Geoffrey Berman was United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York. He was originally Trump-friendly, but gradually soured on Trump (going after Michael Cohen, then Giuliani and others). Although his actions were couched as legal independence, he pursued cases with an eye for the political damage to Trump they could cause.

2. AG Barr made a decision to replace him and the DOJ issued a statement that he was stepping down.

3. Berman pushed back and issued a statement saying hell no he won't go. The press had a field day with this, saying that Trump met his match, that Barr needs to be impeached, yada yada yada.

4. The reason Berman he thought he could get away with that is because he had been an interim appointment by Jeff Sessions, but after his 120 day period expired, the other judges voted he could state in office until the Senate confirmed his replacement.

5. The President has the power to fire and replace federal judges at will. So AG Barr asked President Trump to do just that and he did.

Below is the letter by Barr to Berman informing him of this.

Here is the text just in case the image is too small to read;

Mr. Geoffrey S. Berman 
United States Attorney's Office
1 St. Andrews Plaza 
New York, New York 10007

Dear Mr. Berman:

I was surprised and quite disappointed by the press statement you released last night. As we discussed, I wanted the opportunity to choose a distinguished New York lawyer, Jay Clayton, to nominate as United States Attorney and was hoping for your cooperation to facilitate a smooth transition. When the Department of Justice advised the public of the President’s intent to nominate your successor, I had understood that we were in ongoing discussions concerning the possibility of your remaining in the Department or Administration in one of the other senior positions we discussed, including Assistant Attorney General for the Civil Division and Chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission. While we advised the public that you would leave the U.S. Attorney’s office in two weeks, I still hoped that your departure could be amicable.

Unfortunately, with your statement of last night, you have chosen public spectacle over public service. Because you have declared that you have no intention of resigning, I have asked the President to remove you as of today, and he has done so. By operation of law, the Deputy United States Attorney, Audrey Strauss, will become the Acting United States Attorney, and I anticipate that she will serve in that capacity until a permanent successor is in place. See 28 U.S.C. 541(c).

To the extent that your statement reflects a misunderstanding concerning how you may be displaced, it is well-established that a court-appointed U.S. Attorney is subject to removal by the President. See United States v. Solomon, 216 F. Supp. 835, 843 (S.D.N.Y. 1963) (recognizing that the “President may, at any time, remove the judicially appointed United States Attorney”); see also United States v. Hilario, 218 F.3d 19, 27 (1st Cir. 2000) (same). Indeed, the court’s appointment power has been upheld only because the Executive retains the authority to supervise and remove the officer.

Your statement also wrongly implies that your continued tenure in the office is necessary to ensure that cases now pending in the Southern District of New York are handled appropriately. This is obviously false. I fully expect that the office will continue to handle all cases in the normal course and pursuant to the Department’s applicable standards, policies, and guidance. Going forward, if any actions or decisions are taken that office supervisors conclude are improper interference with a case, that information should be provided immediately to Michael Horowitz, the Department of Justice’s Inspector General, whom I am authorizing to review any such claim. The Inspector General’s monitoring of the situation will provide additional confidence that all cases will continue to be decided on the law and the facts.

Sincerely,

William P. Barr
Attorney General

The fact that he would not go when asked shows just how invested he was in trying to damage President Trump's reelection campaign.

He is a staunch Republican, but let's say he became a closet Never-Trumper.

So good riddance to bad trash.

Michael

The Deep State dam is starting to show some huge cracks as the water is leaking hard.

Appeals court orders Flynn case dismissal, after years-long legal saga

🙂

Wait until after the election when President Trump is reelected and has both houses of Congress.

Wait until he hires General Flynn again.

That would be a beautiful sight.

I would not want to be on the receiving end of Flynn empowered, battle-tested and pissed.

🙂

Michael

• Like 1

I think he was holding on to help slow the machinations of cases involving things Ukraine/Biden.

Apparently some Ukraine guys gave the SDNY some stuff, stuff that would probably only help Trump on all things Ukraine and show publicly the reach of the Deep State and their corrupt tendrils.

3 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

The Deep State dam is starting to show some huge cracks as the water is leaking hard.

I follow Larry Sanger on Twitter. He is a co-founder of Wikipedia, but no longer involved. And he's far closer to Rand than Jimmy Wales ever imaged to be, even though Larry doesn't identify himself as a Randian, or even admirer of her from what I've seen (although I haven't seen enough to say for sure).

I just retweeted something Larry wrote. It speaks for itself.

LOL...

🙂

Michael

3 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Appeals court orders Flynn case dismissal, after years-long legal saga

🙂

Wait until after the election when President Trump is reelected and has both houses of Congress.

Wait until he hires General Flynn again.

That would be a beautiful sight.

I would not want to be on the receiving end of Flynn empowered, battle-tested and pissed.

Now a word from President Trump.

That's the sound of the hammer warming up.

Michael