Here is the last statement by John Matze, the head honcho of Parler, right before it is to go offline, which it will in about ten minutes after this post.

I wanted to send everyone on Parler an update. We will likely be down longer than expected. This is not due to software restrictions—we have our software and everyone’s data ready to go. Rather it’s that Amazon’s, Google’s and Apple’s statements to the press about dropping our access has caused most of our other vendors to drop their support for us as well. And most people with enough servers to host us have shut their doors to us. We will update everyone and update the press when we are back online.

Parler is my final stand on the Internet. I won’t be making an account on any social. Parler is my home. See you all soon 👋

Gab went through this about 3 years ago and learned how to out-innovate the creeps. 

It's a shame Parler caved to the people who are trying to kill it re Lin Wood. Parler deleted several of his posts trying to save its own ass. That leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Michael

Lin Wood's post on CloutHub:

Parler kicked me off due to financial pressure being exerted by Google, Apple & others who oppose freedom. Twitter kicked me off because my posts conflicted with its opposition to freedom.

Parler & Twitter kicked me off because I exercised my right of free speech.

Parler & Twitter are same birds.

That was 14 hours ago. Right before that, on CloutHub, he linked to a video interview of his on Rumble (Lin Wood Fireside Chat 7 | Why Does the CDC Recommend Concentration Camps? Are YOU Reaching Your Boiling Point?) and several hours later, a country song, Earth to God by John Rich.

Lin is on CloutHub (LLinWood) and so is General Mike Flynn (GenFlynn).

Michael

(LATER NOTE FROM MSK: This is a fake-ass account and I fell for it. Dayaamm! :) )

It looks like President Trump is going to be on CloutHub. (Click here or click the picture.)

image.png

The links above are to this post (or whatever they call CloutHub posts... clouts? :)

Here is his CloutHub accout:

Donald J. Trump / @RealDonaldTurmp

One hour ago, this was posted there.

image.png

:) 

Michael

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Brant,

My bad. Fake-ass account. Look at the handle: @RealDonaldTurmp.

Turmp?

LOL... I got played...

Michael

This kind of thing is frustrating, to be sure...but to be expected in the fog of disinformation warfare...so be it.

I used to kick myself over it. I stopped. I had to.

Two things come to my mind, related to this...

I just heard something the other day, not sure where, but I think it was that video people here were just talking about (Scott McKay: "Military Intelligence Has Exposed the Deep State"). Something to the effect of not being bothered by this sort of thing, because it's just an obstacle to overcome, and our critical thinking will catch it. The second point is that, despite the emphasis on "feeling/instinct" in that video, it's different, but it's similar to the idea of Objectivism being a "self-correcting philosophy."

It's early, this thought is not fully developed, and I have to get back to other things, but just my 2 cents. I have to laugh if they think that stupid attempts like this to trip us up are anything but temporary obstacles. Like a thief fleeing from the police when they start knocking over trashcans in order to get away.

[Edit: The comment I'm thinking of IS in the video above. It's in response to a question at the 39:51 minute mark...re-listening to it, it's part "quantum woo/pineal gland talk, but mixed with an emphasis on LOGIC, despite the "trust your instincts".

Question: "How important is it to be aware of false flags, shills, and false prophets of what's going on?"

Answer: "You have to learn to trust your instincts....read, research, go down some rabbit holes. It's very important to trust your own judgement, trust yourself, go by feel...I don't worry about being tripped up by non-truth because feeling, inside of my being, this is real...this might sound woo woo...but people are more able to discern what's true and what's not..."

6 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

It's a shame Parler caved to the people who are trying to kill it re Lin Wood. Parler deleted several of his posts trying to save its own ass. That leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

This leaves an even worse taste in my mouth.

Parler set itself up on AWS because it's cheap. And that's fine. But there's an elephant standing right beside the Parler people. Bezos not only owns Amazon, it owns the Washington Post. Since Parler was becoming MAGA country and President Trump recently chopped AWS out of a highly lucrative Pentagon contract, what the hell was Matze thinking? Or Bongino, for that matter?

Now we learn Matze was using a free trial of a data platform to receive that massive influx of new users from Trump's deleted Twitter account...

Good God...

But wait! There's more!

Amy Peikoff was a head manager over there.

Is there anything in her past to suggest she was skilled at managing a major social media platform? I just looked and her title at Parler was "Chief Policy Officer."

I'm not bashing her (well, maybe a bit tongue in cheek based on O-Land dramas :) ), but asking a serious question. Her show on BlogTalkRadio was never more than a tiny audience venture. Ditto for her stuff with Yaron Brook.

What's more, most all of that stuff was on free platforms for normal users.

Wouldn't a person qualified to run a major social media company have done a bit more than that with online programs and platforms?

Man, as we learn more about Parler behind the scenes, it just keeps getting worse and worse...

Michael

11 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

And Amy Peikoff was a head manager over there.

Is there anything in her past to suggest she was skilled at managing a major social media platform? I just looked and her title at Parler was "Chief Policy Officer."

Resharing my post from last week for relevance, just to show how her claim played out...

4 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

My bad. Fake-ass account. Look at the handle: @RealDonaldTurmp.

See this, a few replies down the thread.

Ellen

====

jm40 

@jm40 

3m ago 

If y'all read the previous post, it says that they are working with IT to obtain the original screen name Real Donald Trump. This is a real account but unfortunately someone had already used his screen name.

• Upvote 1

On 1/10/2021 at 11:54 AM, Ellen Stuttle said:

I didn’t want to get into it when you used to praise him, but I always hoped that you might see him differently someday.  He’s always made me uneasy.

Ellen,

I've concluded he's a dogmatist at root with a veneer of someone more reasonable. I have several things I want to say regarding him, not to bash him or start something, but to purge the bad taste in my mouth that slowly developed as I kept seeing things I did not want to admit about him.

Here is just one item. I'll source this later with quotes and everything, but for now, here's just the story.

During the 2016 election, he and I corresponded quite a bit on his Facebook page about Trump. I started getting irritated because he would do that thing of bashing me in a post after we had an interaction, but doing so by not naming me, or including me in a collective. His main complaint against "us" (the Trump supporters) was that we were not principled. We had no morals. After this went on for a while, I simply stopped. He was immune to the things I said.

(And William didn't help matters when he contacted Bidinotto and kept talking to him about me quoting him on OL and trying to get me to comment about this and so on. We can imagine how the gossip escalated between William and Bidinotto, right? :) )

Well, I decided that if I were ever to talk to Bidinotto again, it would be about fiction writing or something like that. To be fair, he has compiled some very good advice for self-publishing. And he doesn't just follow Rand's fiction writing stuff. He throws in Lajos Egri and other classics on how to develop a story. 

Much earlier last year, he wrote a long Facebook post on Lee Child, the author of the Jack Reacher series. It was based on a bio about Child that came out recently. 

As context for mentioning this, I need to position my interest. I haven't written my first novel yet because I set a task for myself to play catch up ball for a while by reading other authors. God knows I've read enough books on writing. So I needed to see what I learned in practice and try to detect it. I've always read novels, but not with an eye to writing one.

But when I started, I found that too much time on the Internet had made my reading skills degrade in terms of speed and being able to stay focused. So I found an out by doing audiobooks. And I've done a lot of them.

In 2020 alone, I went through several series: Ian Fleming's James Bond series,  Deen Koontz's Jane Hawk series, Terry Goodkind's Angela Constantine series (kinda small but fantastic), John D. MacDonald's Travis McGee series, Vince Flynn's Mitch Rapp series, Brad Thor's Scot Harvath series, Thomas Harris's Hannibal Lector series, Robert Ludlum's Bourne trilogy, David Baldacci's Amos Decker series, Karin Slaughter's Will Trent series, and probably a couple or three I can't recall off the top of my head. (At the moment, I am doing Lee Child's Jack Reacher series, but I've only completed the second yesterday.)

Added to this, and don't forget, this is in 2020 alone, I have read several novels by Ken Follett, a few by Robert B. Parker in the Spencer series, a few by Mickey Spillane in the Mike Hammer series, a few by Robert Dugoni, Quo Vadis by Henryk Sienkiewicz, Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, I reread Atlas Shrugged in audio, and God knows what all. Not to mention a few novels I started and interrupted about halfway through like Les Misérables by Victor Hugo (which I will finish before too long) and so on.

I'm not bragging. I'm merely saying this to establish the context. I'm working my butt off to fill my head with different styles and approaches and solutions to problems of successful authors. And along the way, I learn stuff. When I read a series or even just a novel, I often look up information about it and the author on the Internet. I even read through study guides at times. 

And this leads me back to Bidinotto's comments about Lee Child. Child's biographer had a chapter on how Jack Reacher came to be. This interested me because in going through my research, I knew that Jack Reacher as a lone wolf kind of character was based in part on Travis McGee. I can't remember if I learned about this in an article or an interview, but I know Child himself said this specifically.

He also added that since Travis was the origin, he wanted to stop writing the Reacher series after 21 books in honor of John D. MacDonald who he called a master (there are only 21 Travis McGee books). Child did not honor that, he wrote 24 by himself, but he stated that's what he wanted to do. If I remember correctly, Child even said he got the plot line for at least one of his Reacher books from a Travis McGee book. (I'll have to dig that back up to get the details right.)

So when I saw Bidinotto instructing others with a bit of pomposity (as is his nonfiction style) on Lee Child and the origin of Jack Reacher, but he did not include Travis McGee, I wanted to let him know this information exists. (btw - For some reason, Child's biographer left it out, too.) So I went to the Facebook post and discovered at some point in the years since our last interaction, he had prohibited me from commenting on his posts. I could read them and the comments by others, but I could not post.

Well... OK. I'm fine with that. But I thought how odd. Nothing specific I knew triggered that reaction like harsh words. Whatever.

I never did make any efforts through other places to let him know about Child's admiration of Travis McGee to the point of using him as a direct inspiration for his own character. And, hell, Bidinotto has even interviewed Child himself.

So I decided to let that be.

On 1/10/2021 at 11:54 AM, Ellen Stuttle said:

I haven’t seen anything by him in a long while, but I’m not surprised by your description.

I was describing his groupie-ness with Amazon and hatred of Barnes and Noble.

As serendipity, not an hour ago, I looked on Facebook and a post by him appeared in my feed. It starts thus (in all caps):

PLEASE DON'T KILL CONSERVATIVE/INDIVIDUALIST AUTHORS, LIKE ME, BY BOYCOTTING BOOKS ON AMAZON.

Well, there it is. I guess Bidinotto is still on the Amazon bandwagon. And he doesn't mind Amazon killing the interaction (and sometimes livelihood) of people in the MAGA movement by killing Parler as he begs these same people to buy his own books on Amazon.

He's talking to MAGA people, right? The unprincipled people according to his own statements (over and over). So what kind of man wants to make a living selling his work to unprincipled people? And even worse, being so dependent on these unprincipled people to buy his work, they would kill him as an author if they stop buying it?

:evil: 

Some people just don't see themselves as they really are. Bidinotto is certainly acting like he doesn't have a clue.

Michael

34 minutes ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

See this, a few replies down the thread.

Ellen

====

jm40 

@jm40 

3m ago 

If y'all read the previous post, it says that they are working with IT to obtain the original screen name Real Donald Trump. This is a real account but unfortunately someone had already used his screen name.

Thanks, Ellen. I'm seeing that, now:

https://clthb.co/9WVYJiLBaYY28Lkn6

Wow.

Shit is going down. Pushback has started.

Also, I heard on Mike Adams that apparently President Trump has signed the Insurrection Act, but he is negotiating with generals for a trade for them to support it. According to Mike, the generals want 2 things. They want war with China. (And it is true that China is getting many places in war setting.) And they want to be in on the big looting when the market starts to tank.

That's the short version. 

The worst part it that this makes perfect sense to me.

Sec. Pompeo certainly threw a monkeywrench in the works when he opened Taiwan back. China has claimed ownership of Taiwan since the 1970s (one China). Sec. Pompeo has now made two Chinas and what I've heard is that American diplomats are on the way to set up shop over there.

Michael

16 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Wow.

Shit is going down. Pushback has started.

Also, I heard on Mike Adams that apparently President Trump has signed the Insurrection Act, but he is negotiating with generals for a trade for them to support it. According to Mike, the generals want 2 things. They want war with China. (And it is true that China is getting many places in war setting.) And they want to be in on the big looting when the market starts to tank.

That's the short version. 

The worst part it that this makes perfect sense to me.

Sec. Pompeo certainly threw a monkeywrench in the works when he opened Taiwan back. China has claimed ownership of Taiwan since the 1970s (one China). Sec. Pompeo has now made two Chinas and what I've heard is that American diplomats are on the way to set up shop over there.

Michael

I keep hearing the Insurrection Act chatter, too, but nothing conclusive, yet (yeah, like we'd be the first to know...)

But as for the the negotiationg with Generals re War with China:

I saw Chris Matthew Sciabarra post something on his notablog last night about Trump and war/oversees intervention, downplaying the "revolution in foreign policy..." claiming that Trump became part of the very swamp he set out to drain. I didn't have time to give it a proper read, but I'm wondering if this was what he was getting at...

"Moreover, those who think that the Trump years brought “peace” in foreign affairs, should check their premises. Like Obama before him, Trump focused on proxying-out military intervention. Sometimes it’s been trumpeted as good for the economy; after all, when the U.S. gives money to the Saudi government, the Saudis spend that money by purchasing U.S.-manufactured munitions, which are then used against countries like Yemen. As reported in Jacobin magazine, Trump’s promise to end “the era of endless wars” has only led to the repositioning of troops rather than their return home."

and

"The Trump record is almost complete; future historians will debate his legacy—the last few days an ugly extension of it—but in the one area that some of us held out some hope, Donald Trump failed."

I don't know how Sciabarra fairs on the "TDS" scale, but he's convinced that Biden will be inaugerated:  "Either way, folks, on January 20, 2021, Mike Pence will be in attendance at the inauguration of Joe Biden as 46th President of the United States (Trump is boycotting the ceremony). "

https://notablog.net/archives/585

3 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

I saw Chris Matthew Sciabarra post something on his notablog last night about Trump...

TG,

Very, very sporadically Chris and I talk by phone. (I love that guy. :) 

I can say with 100% certainty that he does not like Trump. A lot. :) 

My feeling for him is reciprocated (going by some things he has written), even though we are quite distant, both in space and in time. It's the Barbara connection.

Right before the 2016 election, or maybe right after, we were talking and I mentioned I might as well get something out of the way. I said I was a huge Trump supporter.

Long pause. Then he said, "Oh dear."

Then we both burst out laughing.

We both made our respective cases in good cheer in about 10 minutes and that was that. We moved on to other topics. (Oddly enough, one of his biggest beefs back then was that he had lived through all the years of mess Trump had made in the press in NYC and he was just sick of Trump. :) )

He is one of the few people I know who can't stand Trump but knows I am all in with Trump and we get along just fine.

Michael

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

TG,

Very, very sporadically Chris and I talk by phone. (I love that guy. :) 

I can say with 100% certainty that he does not like Trump. A lot. :) 

My feeling for him is reciprocated (going by some things he has written), even though we are quite distant, both in space and in time. It's the Barbara connection.

Right before the 2016 election, or maybe right after, we were talking and I mentioned I might as well get something out of the way. I said I was a huge Trump supporter.

Long pause. Then he said, "Oh dear."

Then we both burst out laughing.

We both made our respective cases in good cheer in about 10 minutes and that was that. We moved on to other topics. (Oddly enough, one of his biggest beefs back then was that he had lived through all the years of mess Trump had made in the press in NYC and he was just sick of Trump. :) )

He is one of the few people I know who can't stand Trump but knows I am all in with Trump and we get along just fine.

Michael

Glad to hear that, at least, he didn't "Bidinotto" you. :)

On the political side...I know he was a big proponent of a libertarian solution to ending the wars, and he's always made a well-reasoned argument, even though it earned him some criticism, as well (like his him butting heads with Lindsay Perigo...not going to rehash all that hear, just bringing it for context.)

I only bring it up because he said that he did have an initial hope that Trump might live up to the foreign policy promises, and it seems to me that he has, so far. But I can see how the negotiations with the generals re China would be a bad signal to him.

I really have no answer, honestly. It's not as if China hasn't been posturing aggressively, let alone practicing informational and bio-warfare. As sympathetic as I am to less foreign entanglements, it's a question of whether it's even a choice, at this point...but I can see why he might distrust the generals, at least, given history...

Wondering if this means that the Insurrection Act has been signed, and the military is now in control...

Meanwhile, speaking of China, Pompeo is speaking now, on freedom of speech, against Communist China and "woke-ism"...and he just said "the Trump admiistration IS working..." not "WAS" working...

Breathe...breathe...reporting now is that it was a "disgruntled staffer" behind the bio change...

My imagination wanders...could this have been timed to coincide with Pompeo's and Trump's scheduled speeches? Or even to distract from talk with China? Tying  back into the Sciabbara post, Pompeo just spoke of troop numbers, and Trump's "unambigious about getting it right... making sure we put fewer of our our young men and women in harm's way", but never giving up the responsibility we have to ensure that terrorism, or the risk of terrorism, doesn't take place here or elsewhere around the world..."

48 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Dayaamm!

What's this about?

Michael

Update: When you go to the state link now, it reads:
"We’re sorry, this site is currently experiencing technical difficulties.
Please try again in a few moments."