With all the news being hogged by the first 2020 presidential election debate and the Supreme Court nomination of Amy Coney Barrett, the following Deep State thing is struggling to stay in the public's eye.

So let's help it. :) 

CIA told Obama of claim Hillary Clinton conjured Trump-Russia scandal: spy chief

Since it is so easy to lose the narrative in the weeds amidst all the yelling about this, here is my summary.

1. John Ratcliffe, the current Director of National Intelligence, just sent a love letter (dated Sept. 29) to Lindsay Graham. It contains recently declassified information regarding the FBI's Crossfire Hurricane investigation.

2. First piece of info. Back during the 2016 election, somewhere around June, some US intelligence agencies provided their higher-ups with information that Hillary Clinton was cooking up a whopper about Donald Trump. She was going to try to link Trump to Putin and "Russian hacking" of the DNC computers and run with it to create a scandal in the media.

3. Second piece of info. Soon thereafter, John Brennan, then CIA Director, briefed President Obama on this.

4. Third piece of into. In September 2016, some US Intelligence officials made a request to investigate this to Comey and Strzok.

5. All the bad guys are now in CYA mode.

6. The fake news media is has some cogent messages in reporting on this: John Ratcliffe bad, declassified info bad, Orange Man Bad, AG Barr bad, and a few variations.

:)

In essence, a few months before the 2016 election date. Hillary Clinton cooked up and implemented a good chunk of the "muh Russians" hoax, the spooks learned about it, Brennan told Obama about it, the FBI was asked by some US Intelligence agents to investigate it. 

Jack shit was done about it, but the Obama circle all knew about it and buried it. They always said they didn't know anything.

Here is the letter in PDF form.

Michael

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

... here is my summary.

Notice that my summary is informal and leaves some things out.

I forced myself to summarize it in that way in order to give the frame on which to build the house.

And, man, does doing it that way work.

I just now read the following article by Andrew McCarthy on this same issue and all the details fit neatly into their respective cubbyholes. I had tried to read similar articles before I did that summary and everything seemed so jumbled it all got boring.

Now it makes sense. Try it and see what you think.

First, read my summary above if you haven't. Then read this article.

Bombshell Allegation: Hillary Orchestrated Collusion Hoax to Distract From Her Emails, According to Russian Intel

Did it work for you like it did me?

Writing--what, why and desire lines

Storytelling-wise, I am looking at how this works.

I think the new clarity happened because I stated the key events without elaborating on them--focusing on the "what" in broad strokes, that is using a reporter's normal who what when where why and how structure.

When writing the summary, only after putting down a broad number of "whats" did I think about the "why." In most stories for most of the time, the "why" means the desires of the different characters.

Now here's the secret I used this time around. I kept focus on one person's desire only--a person who was not even the protagonist. I focused on the villain, Hillary Clinton. And her desire? To nail Trump with a lie. 

I used that "why" to tie the outline of events together.

Notice that the people who collaborated with Hillary Clinton in my telling (the Obama crew) all had their own desires, but they ran parallel to her desire. Everybody on Team Hillary centered on nailing Trump with a lie as each one learned about it and the news went up the chain to Obama.

The events are really clear through that ONE desire-line. Now, when people talk about the other "whys," that is, the other desire lines, that is, what the Russians wanted, why else HC wanted to nail Trump with a lie (i.e., to get public pressure off her email scandal), what Comey wanted by clearing Clinton of charges, and on and on and on, they all fit like pieces in a puzzle.

Random elaboration

Writing-wise, I think I just now stumbled across an important writing technique. I intuitively knew this but never articulated it as clearly to myself before.

It's easy to remember different events when only one desire-line links them together in sequence. Only after that has been stamped into memory should other desire-lines enter.

I suppose when a hero and villain fight, there are two opposing desire-lines. But, in the beginning, in laying out the events to transpire, it's much easier to remember key events with just one desire line. A different telling with the other can unfold if necessary. Then both desire-lines simultaneously for the battle. That is a lot easier to hold in the mind than constantly bouncing back and forth between what the hero and villain want respectively. For that matter, ditto for the other people who are involved in the events.

Total detour - Stranahan

There's a guy, Lee Stranahan, who is all over this Deep State stuff in the most impressive manner I have seen so far. I have seen many videos by him. The things he talks about always become news in the mainstream a month or more later. But he is a disaster to listen to. He has two defects: 

1. He constantly trashes people on his own side for not hating the villains he hates. For example, he thinks Dan Bongino is a sell-out and Trojan Horse because he will not crucify Bill Browder. When you first listen to Lee go on about this, you think WTF? :) 

2. Lee always says what he wants to say with a huge number of desire-lines right at the start. It's a jumbled mess and very hard to track.

It goes something like this. "It's very easy to understand what just went on with President Trump. You see, when Person A leaked that report... but first I have to tell you about the wife of Person A's best friend, who went to school with Person C. At that time, who was the person they constantly had dinner with? Bill Clinton. And all thee made a pact back then to... but first you have to understand how things looked like for Russia at the time..." And on and on he goes. :) 

If he learned how to stick to one desire-line at a time and get rid of his bickering with folks on his side, I think he would be a monster journalist.

Final thought

So how was that for mixing up up desire-lines?

See? I can screw it up with just as much competence as the next guy.

Michael

21 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

1. John Ratcliffe, the current Director of National Intelligence, just sent a love letter (dated Sept. 29) to Lindsay Graham. It contains recently declassified information regarding the FBI's Crossfire Hurricane investigation.

2. First piece of info. Back during the 2016 election, somewhere around June, some US intelligence agencies provided their higher-ups with information that Hillary Clinton was cooking up a whopper about Donald Trump. She was going to try to link Trump to Putin and "Russian hacking" of the DNC computers and run with it to create a scandal in the media.

3. Second piece of info. Soon thereafter, John Brennan, then CIA Director, briefed President Obama on this.

4. Third piece of into. In September 2016, some US Intelligence officials made a request to investigate this to Comey and Strzok.

5. All the bad guys are now in CYA mode.

6. The fake news media is has some cogent messages in reporting on this: John Ratcliffe bad, declassified info bad, Orange Man Bad, AG Barr bad, and a few variations.

In essence, a few months before the 2016 election date. Hillary Clinton cooked up and implemented a good chunk of the "muh Russians" hoax, the spooks learned about it, Brennan told Obama about it, the FBI was asked by some US Intelligence agents to investigate it. 

John Ratcliffe's letter to the Honorable Lindsey Graham. The meat of the sandwich:

clintonDiddit!ratcliffe.png

From the Deeply Fake News Network -- for those who like to peek outside the Trump Bubble and see what the enemies are up to ...

Democrats accused Ratcliffe, a former Republican congressman from Texas, of politicizing intelligence and trying to help Trump's campaign.

"It's very disturbing to me that 35 days before an election, the director of national intelligence would release unverified Russian 'rumint,'" said Sen. Mark Warner of Virginia, the top Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee, referring to an intelligence acronym for "rumored intelligence."

"DNI Ratcliffe is abusing his position exactly as I feared he would, and the abuse is accelerating as we near the election," said Sen. Ron Wyden, an Oregon Democrat on the Intelligence panel.

A Democratic congressional source said the Senate Intelligence Committee has previously examined the information Ratcliffe provided and determined that it was Russian disinformation.

Ratcliffe subsequently released a statement after Graham's release denying that the intelligence was disinformation. "To be clear, this is not Russian disinformation and has not been assessed as such by the Intelligence Community," Ratcliffe said. "I'll be briefing Congress on the sensitive sources and methods by which it was obtained in the coming days."

Graham defended the release of the Russian intelligence, arguing he wanted to know whether the FBI cared more about Trump disinformation and "looked at all things Trump," but did not do the same with Clinton.

"I don't know if it's true or not," Graham told CNN. "The question is did the FBI look at it when the Intelligence Community asked them to look at it? That's the only thing I care about. It may be true, it may not be true -- but did they look?"

Whether or not it is true, the information is from a Russian intelligence source. Does that help the Lee Stranahan party make a case that Clinton brought off a massive conspiracy without a single defection?

I think not. The Trump Bubble has different ideas.

4 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

Whether or not it is true, the information is from a Russian intelligence source.

William,

You mean Russian intelligence like was used to make the "piss on mattress" dossier that was used to get warrants in a US FISA court to spy on Trump'?

Like in the 4-year-long anti-Trump bubble?

:evil: 

Michael

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

You mean Russian intelligence like was used to make the "piss on mattress" dossier that was used to get warrants in a US FISA court to spy on Trump'?

No, I mean why trust the Russian disinformation, two steps removed? If the Dirty Dossier was a scrambled mess of impressions and junk and second-hand whoopee, why would anyone now accept another item from obscure sources and motives?  Just sweeping away attempts to discern Russian goals and motives as a blob of "mUh RuSsIa" ... 

If one is a Trumpist, it makes political, tribal sense to accept just about anything, from whatever source, I guess. But if a person hasn't read the Mueller report or the last volume of the SSCI report, that person may not be as fully informed as we would like. 

That kind of bubble?

No. I said the Trump Bubble, and I meant it as a loose reference to a kind of Walled Garden of Information as it pertains to Objectivist Living's posters. Venturing outside a self-imposed information-quarantine space is I believe obviously good for intelligence gathering. Reigning assumptions often need extreme scrutiny -- as with the Kamala Harris Facelift errors, which while hilarious was awfully sad. 

In other words, getting stuck inside an "information silo" can subvert intelligence-gathering and the kind of analysis that returns accurate, factual, reasoned conclusions. It can handicap a person's cognitive reach. Echo Chamber. Bunker. 

The usual response to notes critical of the Leader is to attack all critics as Enemies, Evil, Agents of Darkness, Kinds of Badness, Monsters, To Be Ignored Or Degraded. A sad but common story with political cults.

Spoiler

CominTaGitcha.png

Edited by william.scherk
Tried to cut back the vines and tighten up the concepts

21 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

I mean why trust the Russian disinformation, two steps removed?

William,

That's easy. The Deep State people buried this information because it did not help them criminally frame President Trump.

That moves it to a PR realm, not a factual one.

And in the PR realm, it is quite reasonable to assume that criminals cover up shit that goes against their crime because it is true.

That's what the public is seeing right now and, frankly, after the abuse the FBI and Justice Department have inflicted on everyone, that's all that's important.

The Obama and Clinton people have already let us know that truth is not a standard with them, only PR is. So they have already lost the PR thing. Now they are going to lose it even more.

And maybe, just maybe, this will prompt the Justice Department to do a real investigation into all this. In fact, that seems to be happening.

Those people, including Obama, all need to go to jail if there is equal justice in this country.

Luckily for them, there isn't. Those ruling class assholes get to get away with crimes. I and other Americans don't.

Michael

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, tmj said:

" .. without a single defection" that's rich

T,

William gets challenged on these things at times. It comes from pegging the world--first--to a story in his head rather than pegging it--first-- to what his own eyes see.

But, believe it or not, he's getting better at setting the story aside for a bit and just looking. Not as often as I would like, but he does it a lot more now than he used to. So his general epistemological direction is toward pegging thought to observation at root (rather than mazes of gotchas) and that's a good thing.

But speaking of gotcha, he gets really confused when he does a gotcha and is told that thing is rhetoric. You can almost see the temporary glitch in cognition happening. I bet he is still gobsmacked that President Trump has a loyal base and they seem to get him.

Here's a bone for him right now (and he's such a good doggie, I think he will chew on it :) ).

A dogwhistle is not just metaphorically a secret understanding between racists. It's a reference to a core story that people who understand and/or adopt that core story get instantly.

And, let's not forget, the left is full of such dogwhistles.

For example, the term "white supramicist" is a dogwhistle and digs so deeply into their core story, they themselves become racists and start accusing everyone who does not agree with them of being a white supremacist. That's because in their core story, the Adult White Man Oppressor, mostly Christian, is the villain and he's scary as all shit. He's the monster who has come to eat them. Or at least eat some helpless victim or other.

That's why that term just by itself, ironically and definitely, brings out the authoritarian in them. In their minds, they are heroes slaying the dragon. To the rest of the world, they are control freaks making a mountain out of a mole hill. And it confuses the hell out of them when they detect this.

Speaking of irony, don't ask me why because damned if I know.

I like William. 

Michael

I was answering his story driven narrative with another, I was fuckin with him, the defection I was referencing was the DNC staffer Seth Rich , the young man that died right around the time of that intelligence report.

ps

Upon reflection , perhaps an apology is owed , that comment qua comment is analogous to graffiti, too cryptic and lacking in preparation, effort and substance that most posts in these forums reflect.

But that’s what you get when you let wise asses , who think they’re too clever by half in :)

Edited by tmj
Post script

3 hours ago, tmj said:

... the defection I was referencing was the DNC staffer Seth Rich...

T,

As a communication thing, that kind of reference needs to be made explicit. It's not because of nuance.

It's because, in the minds of people who adhere to the leftie core story, that issue is settled and only dufuses refuse to believe the perfectly reasonable explanation for Rich's murder: that a random robber murdered Rich with two bullets ion the back to steal something, then forgot to steal something.

It's like the leftie core story, held as gospel for decades, about voting fraud not occurring in the USA.

The modern exposure of how prevalent it is still does not sink into their lizard brains, meaning, no matter what their eyes see, that just doesn't exist to them.

This history is settled, just like the climate science.

Michael

President Trump just pulled the aces from the sleeve of the Democrats.

Now they will have to play fair, whether they like it or not.

Well... not immediately because this is going to be a fist-fight. But the aces for Democrat and Deep State cheating are now exposed and the process of removing them has begun.

President Trump to Appoint Tom Fitton to Court Oversight Which Has Power to Remove Certain Judges For Misconduct

Can you hear the gulps from the Deep State backrooms?

It's a small article, so here is the text:

President Trump plans to name Judicial Watch president Tom Fitton to a court oversight agency which has the power to remove certain judges for misconduct.

The White House on Friday announced Trump’s intention to name Tom Fitton to the D.C. Commission on Judicial Disabilities and Tenure.

Tom Fitton is currently the president of conservative watchdog group Judicial Watch.

Recall, it was Judicial Watch that broke the story wide open about Hillary Clinton’s private email server in 2015.

Judicial Watch is currently spearheading dozens of lawsuits in an effort to obtain Biden’s senate records, Strzok and Page communications, Hillary Clinton’s emails, Fauci’s emails with China and WHO just to name a few.

Judicial Watch’s lawsuits have also forced many states to clean up their voter rolls.

Tom Fitton works tirelessly to expose DC corruption to drain the swamp.

And the White House announcement, why not?

President Donald J. Trump Announces Intent to Appoint Individuals to Key Administration Posts
Issued on: October 2, 2020

Today, President Donald J. Trump announced his intent to appoint the following individuals to key positions in his Administration:

Thomas Fitton, of the District of Columbia, to be a Member of the District of Columbia Commission on Judicial Disabilities and Tenure.

Laurence Allen Elder, of California, to be a Member of the Commission on the Social Status of Black Men and Boys.

Loren Robert Flaum, of New York, to be a Member of the United States Holocaust Memorial Council.

Bill H. Stern, of South Carolina, to be a Member of the United States Holocaust Memorial Council.

Michael

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

President Trump just pulled the aces from the sleeve of the Democrats.

Now they will have to play fair, whether they like it or not.

Well... not immediately because this is going to be a fist-fight. But the aces for Democrat and Deep State cheating are now exposed and the process of removing them has begun.

President Trump to Appoint Tom Fitton to Court Oversight Which Has Power to Remove Certain Judges For Misconduct

Can you hear the gulps from the Deep State backrooms?

It's a small article, so here is the text:

And the White House announcement, why not?

President Donald J. Trump Announces Intent to Appoint Individuals to Key Administration Posts
Issued on: October 2, 2020

Michael

I saw this earlier, and someone speculated that this could mean that Fitton would be able to remove Judge Sullivan from the Flynn case...thoughts?

The following is not at the hard evidence level, yet (those damn anonymous sources), but I keep seeing this story about Haspel (and Wray) blocking transparency into the "muh Russians" hoax.

Intel Sources: CIA Director Gina Haspel Banking On Trump Loss To Keep Russiagate Documents Hidden

Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) Director Gina Haspel is personally blocking the declassification and release of key Russiagate documents in the hopes that President Donald Trump will lose his re-election bid, multiple senior U.S. officials told The Federalist. The officials said Haspel, who served under former CIA Director John Brennan as the spy agency’s station chief in London in 2016 and 2017, is concerned that the declassification and release of documents detailing what the CIA was doing during the 2016 election and the 2017 transition could embarrass the CIA and potentially even implicate Haspel herself.

“Haspel and [FBI Director Christopher] Wray both want Trump to lose, because it’s the only chance they have of keeping their jobs,” one senior intelligence official told The Federalist. “They’re banking on Biden winning and keeping them where they are.”

. . .

“It’s far more important for Haspel to block any embarrassment of herself or her agency than to have full transparency and accountability,” another senior intelligence official told The Federalist. “She’s just hoping she can get past the election so the documents will never come out.”

“This is not a source protection issue, it’s an embarrassment issue,” the intelligence official added.

Officials also accused Haspel of repeatedly lying to the White House about the status of documents that are in the pipeline for declassification and release. These officials said that Haspel has consistently provided baseless excuses for her failure to produce certain documents, falsely claiming that she can’t physically locate documents, or that her agency doesn’t technically own them and therefore cannot release them.

There will come a moment where this will crack open and the documents will come out no matter who is blocking them. 

Michael

On 10/3/2020 at 1:01 PM, ThatGuy said:

I saw this earlier, and someone speculated that this could mean that Fitton would be able to remove Judge Sullivan from the Flynn case...thoughts?

TG,

Maybe.

But Sullivan is committing professional suicide right in front of the whole world. Another strategy would be to let him finish the job.

Regardless, the Judge Sullivan wannabes are in great danger from Fitton. That much is clear.

Michael

• Like 1

This should help clean things up a bit.

BREAKING: President Trump Authorizes Total Declassification of All Documents Related to Spygate, Hillary Email Scandal – WITH NO REDACTIONS

President Trump Tuesday night went scorched earth and authorized the total declassification of all documents related to the Russia hoax, Spygate and Hillary Clinton’s email scandal.

“No redactions!” Trump said.

“I have fully authorized the total Declassification of any & all documents pertaining to the single greatest political CRIME in American History, the Russia Hoax. Likewise, the Hillary Clinton Email Scandal. No redactions!” Trump tweeted.

Here's the tweet:

And there's more.

Trump’s tweet comes after DNI John Ratcliffe declassified and released documents on Tuesday revealing former CIA Director John Brennan briefed Barack Obama on Hillary Clinton’s plot to ‘stir up’ a scandal to tie Trump to Russia in order to distract from her email scandal ahead of the 2016 election.

This declassification comes after Ratcliffe released a Russian intel assessment in which he asserted that Hillary Clinton hatched the Russia hoax in order to pin the DNC ‘hacking’ on President Trump.

. . .

The memos, notes and documents released by Ratcliffe however are heavily redacted.

Let's see "no redactions" really happens because the Deep State is going to fight it will all they can in the shadows. I believe it will be a fist-fight backstage, but it will happen.

The time is coming when the Deep State can't cheat anymore and they know it. As the election gets closer, I expect to see some of them jumping ship, then the "no redactions" condition will be easier to implement. Then the whole malignant structure will tumble down.

Michael

• Like 1

I wonder if you can RICO the FBI? Keep the data and basic structure , but reorganize structure/personel . It seems the Bureau has successfully separated itself from the DOJ. There must be a way to identify the Bureau as law enforcement and intelligence gathering arm of the DOJ and not a wholly separate agency with their own policy and operational strictures seemingly immune to scrutiny and oversight. 

Even if there is no de jure separation the interactions of the agency and the rest of the executive branch points to a de facto separation. President Trump can leave a lasting impact with radical , anti-deep state administration picks like Fitton . He seems to have been effective in weaponizing and attacking with his Judicial Watch and FOIA requests.

I’m sure the DOJ finds the separation advantageous , but the current political atmosphere could be focused on or aimed at pressuring the DOJ into taking responsibility and reining their dog back in. Or at very least make waves toward a very visible restructioning to weed out deep state actors.

Wishful thinking I know , but their Achilles heal may be the existence of independent , internal strictures or organizational structures that work to wall them off, or in .

Yeah let’s RICO the FBI , what’s the worst that could  happen :)

A Karen has flipped and apologized to President Trump.

This one is important because it happened outside the hospital where President Trump was at and it shows one reaction I believe a lot of Karens are starting to have when the sheer ugliness of wishing death on someone drops in their soul like a coin in a slot machine. 

Suddenly they have a new enemy to feel outraged about.

I don't know what to do about their outrage, but at least seeing it redirected to a target of actual ugliness and evil is much better than seeing it directed at a fictional story--that is real targets assigned with a fictional villain archetype they picked up from others.

At least they hate real things that are hateful when they shift.

Michael

This is a stroke of genius.

It takes the concept of buying votes to a whole new dimension.

This is a reaction to Pelosi's posture of taking the COVID-19 relief money and trying to siphon it to Democratic controlled states that are near bankruptcy. She knows the trap of taking the money earmarked for normal people and using it for that, so she has been engaged in trying to get the US government to get more credit and jack up the total amount.

And she is selling it to everyone as if President Trump is holding out. She has been, up to now, leveraging the suffering of normal people.

So President Trump just did the Mother of All Vote Buying Reversals. :) 

1. He cut off negotiations completely. No matter what she says, no money is going to be discussed or negotiated until after the election. Then, after everyone absorbed that, President Trump did something else.

2. He made an exception. He said the normal everyday people can get their promised $1,200 and they can get it right now. All he needs is a a bill sent to him for that purpose and that purpose only. No negations. That's all that's on the table right now, and it was an exception, so take it or leave it. But don't forget it is hard cash. Not for anyone's friends. Just for normal people.

Do a bill for that and President Trump will sign it and get the money out to people like yesterday.

It's either that or nothing and it's Pelosi's call.

There will be an enormous amount of voter pressure now welling up against Pelosi and the establishment Democrats. Tens and tens of millions of people who think $1,200 can solve some serious personal problems they have right now have been given a clear vision of a simple image.

The can clearly see $1,200 in their hands. In cash. Or something easily converted to cash. But, while looking at that image, they know the money isn't there yet. And now they clearly see Pelosi standing in the way.

What's worse, she has nothing to gain anymore from doing that. President Trump walked away from the table. So there is no negotiation to fight for. And I can't think of a damn thing Pelosi can do or say to dispel this image in the minds of all those millions and millions of hurting people.

Notice that President Trump wins either way. If Pelosi caves, he wins almost as if it were a vote-buying scheme. That wasn't his intent. He wanted to relieve financial pressure of normal people due to the shutdowns instead of just the big corporations. And he made a precedent. People already got money once.

And President Trump wins if Pelosi keeps it blocked. I believe many people, even those who had intended to vote for Biden, are going to be so furious, they are going to vote for Trump and House Republicans so this shit will stop and they can get their money.

And Pelosi? Let her keep dreaming about taking over the presidency due to taking out Trump with virus poisoning and a contested election. Dream on, Pelosi. Dream on...

You are going down. You took a hard series of shots against someone who is playing the game better than you ever imagined it could be played. And he's even doing it while sick.

Think about that when they are swearing in Judge Ann Coney Barrett as Supreme Court Justice Ann Coney Barrett. And think about how she is going to feel about your dreams...

Michael

• Like 1

On 10/5/2020 at 2:41 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

TG,

Maybe.

But Sullivan is committing professional suicide right in front of the whole world. Another strategy would be to let him finish the job.

Regardless, the Judge Sullivan wannabes are in great danger from Fitton. That much is clear.

Michael

Next stop on the roller-coaster:

This is causing some commentary out there in the Interwebs--the kind of commentary I like.

While everybody is yelling, Durham is quietly going about building a rock-solid case against the Deep State.

He may not pull the plug when we want, but when he does, some righteous swamp draining is going to happen.

And the drainage will lead to the jailhouse treatment plant, not directly to the ocean of society.

Michael

Here's an interesting tidbit.

Exclusive: Coup Plotters Considered Never Allowing Trump To Be Inaugurated

I already have Coup Breaking News fatigue since it is always the same story told as if it were new: the Obama people conspired to get rid of Trump in whatever manner they thought they could get away with.

OK, folks. We all already know that, believe it, and know it has been proven.

So why keep selling it as if it were new?

But still, this story was an interesting twist: some bonehead or other decided to consider not screwing around with the inauguration on a national security pretext. Yeah... they considered a lot of things...

But still... interesting.

And then I saw this:

According to a former senior Department of Defense official interviewed by AND Magazine...

Oh God...

Another shitass anonymous source...

It never stops.

Then this caught my eye. Granted, it's the same shitass anonymous source, but at least it's something to think about for real.

The source saw directly that there was a significant spike in “end-around” intel sharing between GCHQ and NSA during this time period. The term “end-around” is a reference to the practice, officially not sanctioned, of using foreign intelligence services to collect intelligence on American targets and thereby evade the legal restrictions on doing so that control NSA and other U.S. intelligence agencies. In many cases, this was done by simply having British GCHQ personnel print hard copies of reports and then simply “leave them” on a tabletop in a common NSA/GCHQ work environment where they would be “discovered” by NSA personnel.

Is that how they do it?

Cool...

Uhm...

Wait...

You see this in movies, TV shows and thriller novels all the time, but this is the first time I have read about it as a normal practice between real-life spooks.

You would think they had more fail-proof ways of sharing info that shouldn't be shared than leaving it on a table in an environment where there has to be security cameras all over the place. They are essentially using an office table in an environment accessed with security clearances as a dead drop--in order to... what? Cover their asses?

I don't know what to think of this.

The National Intelligence Estimate (NIE) that is the focus of this article might have said what AND Magazine reported, but this article was written by Charles Faddis, "a former CIA operations officer with thirty years of experience in the conduct of intelligence operations in the Middle East, South Asia and Europe."

I think to myself as I look at my buttons, what do CIA spooks do when they release info to the public? They lie, of course. That's their job.

So this one smells like fake news (or disinformation) to me. The thing is, I can't figure out why they are doing that. Who's gaining what?

Michael