Wednesday - June 26 - 6:30 pm

Panel:
Tom WoodsJames Grant,
Peter SchiffGene Epstein,
David TiceJimmy Morrison

Tickets - Pre-orders
Instant Online Access
for Crowdfunders

The world premiere of our film The Housing Bubble earned an Audience Award at the Anthem Film Festival when over 300 people showed up for the screening.  Legendary investors Jim RogersMarc FaberDoug Casey, and Peter Schiff star in the film alongside economists Joseph SalernoRon PaulRobert MurphyJeff HerbenerMark ThorntonRoger Garrison, and Patrick Barron.  Financial writers Jim GrantDavid Stockman, and Gene Epstein also join the cast.  David Tice is an Executive Producer.  Naomi Brockwell narrates the film and is also a producer.  Tom Woods co-wrote the film with me.

The Housing Bubble will be released June 26th during our NYC premiere at the Angelika Film Center, the legendary indie theater that has hosted Oscar winning directors Sofia Coppola, Casey Affleck, & Barry Jenkins, as well as actors like Rami Malek, Sam Elliott, & Tom Hiddleston.  Our panel will include Tom Woods, Jim Grant, Peter Schiff, Gene Epstein, David Tice, and myself.  Despite not yet being released, the film has been seen in 37 states and 19 countries, including events at Hillsdale College, Mises CanadaMises Poland, Mises Estonia, the Lithuanian Free Market InstituteFreedom FestMises University, Anarchapulco, and the Mercatus Center.

Can't make the premiere?

Contact us about bringing the film to your city,
or let us know if you're screening the film with your friends.

Crowdfunding
Please join us in promoting The Housing Bubble and help contribute finishing funds, 
so that we can finish editing the sequel The Bigger Bubble.

Please share our site with your friends and rate us on IMDB!

Thank you so much for all your support!!!
Writer/Director Jimmy Morrison
Let Us Disagree Productions

Jimmy,

Welcome to OL.

I normally don't allow plugging products on OL unless a member interacts in discussions.

But yours is a good cause that is somewhat within the interest resonance of OL members. And I know how hard it is to get a movie going.

So carry on and post more, should you wish...

But, please, no ads for student loans, no appeals from widows of former Nigerian bigwigs with difficulties getting a fortune out of the country, no ads for penis enlargers... you get the idea.

Good luck on your project.

:) 

Michael

It's not the housing bubble this time so much as the auto loan bubble. But a house is asset protection even though in constant dollars over a century the real capital gains are less than one percent a year. Generally higher interest rates weaken the dollar and raise asset prices because of the higher cost of credit which is inflationary throughout the economy. The virtue of renting is the landlord pays the taxes. He also does the maintenance. He is working for you.

Any housing bubble is local. Mostly west coast bubble. But the rents are way up too.

--Brant

1 hour ago, merjet said:

Huh? Auto loan debt is about 14% of mortgage debt (link, pdf p. 5).

Interest rates are an interesting subject. I have a credit card that started out at zero percent for one year, but could rise as high as 24 percent. After a year, the rate I must pay for everything I don’t pay off monthly is 14 percent. And the rate can change. I never liked that in the fine print, but it is what it is. I should have chucked the card in the trash when it came in the mail. I understand the credit card makers are money making personalities but give me a break. Peter

Rand wrote in “The Money-Making Personality” originally published in the April 1963 of “Cosmopolitan” magazine: Behind his usually grim, expressionless face, the Money - Maker is committed to his work with the passion of a lover, the fire of a crusader, the dedication of a saint and the endurance of a martyr. As a rule, his creased forehead and his balance sheets are the only evidence of it he can allow the world to see. end quote

Mega Millions is $228 million tonight, Tuesday. 2 bucks a ticket.

55 percent is near what you will have after taxes so you would take home, 125.4 million if you take the cash option. You hear stories from big winners like “how the big lottery win ruined my life,” but there is a secret to the process.

Put all but one million (to spend or pay off debt) into various money making funds or accounts and NEVER again touch the principle. Set it up that way. Even a measly 2 percent of the cash prize per year is, 2.5 times .55 after taxes equals $1.37 million per year. Who can’t live on over a million a year? Jackie Onassis maybe?     

I have never had a car or motorcycle loan. Right now I have seven motor vehicles. I also never buy collision insurance, (I only have coverage for harming others and their stuff, as required by law.)

My 49cc, two–stroke ‘86 Honda Spree costs $4 per year for the registration and $27 per year insurance, actually maybe that is for 6 months, so $54 per year.)

I bought my ‘99 Ford Expedition eight years ago for $3,600. That’s $38/month purchase cost, as of today. She has never been inside a repair garage.

1 hour ago, Peter said:

As a rule, his creased forehead and his balance sheets are the only evidence of it he can allow the world to see. end quote

No looking at the balance sheets!