NH: Bill would let state agencies accept crypto

RidleyReport

https://www.coindesk.com/new-hampshire-bill-would-...

The New Hampshire Liberty Alliance (http://NHLiberty.org) is backing a bill aimed at widening crypto adoption in the state. It is the only institution I'm aware of that comprehensively rates a state's bills and legislators for how pro-liberty they are.

I believe at least one of the sponsoring reps is a free stater (a person who migrates to NH for the purpose of liberty activism). The number of free staters in the legislature has been hovering between 10 and 20 over the last decade; most win election as Republicans or Democrats.

The Alliance is encouraging in-state supporters of the bill to make their position known by emailing relevant legislators before roughly Feb. 4, 2019:
HouseExecutiveDepartmentsandAdministration@leg.state.nh.us

4 hours ago, Peter said:

On "Madam Secretary" tonight the son of Elizabeth McCord (Secretary of State?) was using crypto. He was depicted as somewhat foolish.

Peter,

I used to watch Madam Secretary when it first came out. Then it dawned on me that it was cultural propaganda for softening up the public for a Hillary Clinton presidency. It was well written, though, which is why I think it survived its propaganda use.

I haven't seen it recently, but I imagine it has not lost its elitist underpinning. So it would make sense it would denigrate crypto. The elitists want money systems they can control and game. They love owning the gatekeepers. Crypto empowers the individual over the gatekeeper, which is why I, personally, think crypto is scaring the holy crap out of them.

Michael

13 hours ago, Rodney said:

When I saw the first ads for MADAME SECRETARY,  I realized right away the subtext. Never watched it.

Rodney,

The first season was actually pretty good if you ignore the subtext.

A bit more episodic than, say, West Wing, but pretty good storytelling.

Since the series keeps coming around, I imagine they kept a lot of talent in the show runner's room.

But, like you, the subtext turned me off, so I stopped watching it. There are simply too many offerings out there.

For example, the following is not your style, but if you want to see a study in visceral story emotions and cliffhangers, The Queen of the South kicks a lot of butt. It's about Sinaloa drug cartels. but different than typical drug gang stories. There's a female empowerment message. Oddly enough, though, the visceral emotions--rapid fire threats of death, power struggles and complicated love interests--are so strong with so many well-done surprises, springing traps and bullheadedness, you don't even notice. In this case, the storytellers spoiled the propaganda. It's hard to turn that damn thing off once you get hooked and it doesn't matter whether the characters involved in any particular scene are male or female. :) 

Here's an example of what I mean. The source of one of the main villain's bullheadedness is her commitment to being a woman in a man's world and pushing herself to be more badass than the men around her. However, she has an inner insecurity (that she hides by overcompensation) and sometimes, in intimate moments, wonders if her fanatical ambition is worth it, especially as she loses her daughter's affections. Storytelling-wise, that's fantastic motivation, but it's piss-poor feminist propaganda. :) And the complicated "dark" heroine is not motivated by getting back at men. She's motivated by trying to be a survivor in the violent world of drug cartels while trying to preserve the people she loves. That makes her fast on her feet. She becomes a leader and does some bad things in order to survive, not because she craves power or wants to put it to men. Once again, fantastic motivation, but piss-poor feminist propaganda. :) 

Michael

apparently someone did a study that showed a 95 percent market success rate if you do exactly the opposite of what CNBC headlines (maybe just their crypto headlines) are indicating you should do.   those headlines tend to be something along the lines of "bitcoin is dead."

The difference between the U.S. and other empires is that the people in those empires know their media is state run.

On 1/28/2019 at 7:23 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Rodney,

The first season was actually pretty good if you ignore the subtext.

A bit more episodic than, say, West Wing, but pretty good storytelling.

Since the series keeps coming around, I imagine they kept a lot of talent in the show runner's room.

But, like you, the subtext turned me off, so I stopped watching it. There are simply too many offerings out there.

For example, the following is not your style, but if you want to see a study in visceral story emotions and cliffhangers, The Queen of the South kicks a lot of butt. It's about Sinaloa drug cartels. but different than typical drug gang stories. There's a female empowerment message. Oddly enough, though, the visceral emotions--rapid fire threats of death, power struggles and complicated love interests--are so strong with so many well-done surprises, springing traps and bullheadedness, you don't even notice. In this case, the storytellers spoiled the propaganda. It's hard to turn that damn thing off once you get hooked and it doesn't matter whether the characters involved in any particular scene are male or female. :) 

Here's an example of what I mean. The source of one of the main villain's bullheadedness is her commitment to being a woman in a man's world and pushing herself to be more badass than the men around her. However, she has an inner insecurity (that she hides by overcompensation) and sometimes, in intimate moments, wonders if her fanatical ambition is worth it, especially as she loses her daughter's affections. Storytelling-wise, that's fantastic motivation, but it's piss-poor feminist propaganda. :) And the complicated "dark" heroine is not motivated by getting back at men. She's motivated by trying to be a survivor in the violent world of drug cartels while trying to preserve the people she loves. That makes her fast on her feet. She becomes a leader and does some bad things in order to survive, not because she craves power or wants to put it to men. Once again, fantastic motivation, but piss-poor feminist propaganda. :) 

Michael

Next, Madam Secretary is running for President, but to do that the actor who is now President will have an even lesser part as "an advisor and former . . . " I agree that the show began as a "wish" that Old Hickory Clinton would become supreme ruler, but now in real life I am really getting a kick out of the fact that Old Joe Biden is considering a run but the left press no longer cow-tows to Hillary. Instead 20 other youngsters are "in the running." Boo hoo. The Clintons must have run out of stolen loot.