Epitome of the Collectivist Soul

The following tweet does not get any clearer. It is the perfect example of a collectivist soul taken to the extreme for a political agenda.

I read about this on Rush Limbaugh:

You Won’t Believe What Insane Liberals Want to Donate to Justice Ginsburg

From the transcript:

Who thinks this way?

I mean, this is beyond ludicrous.

A collectivist soul thinks this way. And it is entirely normal for him.

In essence, a collectivist (like Simon) thinks of human lives as replacements for reality. Except that is not entirely accurate since it is from my perspective. In other words, it is accurate from my perspective, but not from his. 

From his perspective, reality doesn't exist and only other people to be distributed by him (and those like him) exist. I mean, the fact that one cannot give a literal day of one's life to another human being is merely an inconvenient detail for this guy's utopic vision. Never mind that this capacity does not exist in reality and never will exist if life as we know it is the standard. For him, reality is so timesome and insignificant, wot?

And there's more. The Distributed Ones are nothing to him but raw material or barnyard animals that can be remolded, reengineered and/or destroyed at will. Sometimes he will entertain himself with such human livestock and make stories about them (principally victimization stories to promote a collectivist political agenda), but other than that, they are all interchangeable and, ultimately, dispensable.

In outlook on the individual, this kind of mind is more insect than human.

Michael

On 1/10/2019 at 6:50 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

From his perspective, reality doesn't exist and only other people to be distributed by him (and those like him) exist. I mean, the fact that one cannot give a literal day of one's life to another human being is merely an inconvenient detail for this guy's utopic vision. Never mind that this capacity does not exist in reality and never will exist if life as we know it is the standard. For him, reality is so timesome and insignificant, wot?

I don't see why it's such a bad thought experiment.  Aren't there historical figures you wish had lived longer?  Mozart, Schubert, and Chopin come to mind, I'd trade a day for any of them.  They died tragically young, with much achievement ahead of them.  Let's throw in Dinu Lipatti and Fritz Wunderlich, while we're at it.  As opposed to some other personal favorites, say Umberto Eco and P.G. Wodehouse, who died (84 and 93 respectively) having accomplished their missions. 

What the big deal is about RBG is another matter.

6 hours ago, 9thdoctor said:

Aren't there historical figures you wish had lived longer? 

Dennis,

At the cost of my own life?

Nah...

That's a non-issue for me.

I connect my ideas to reality and when the dying time comes, I know--in reality--I will prefer to have another day.

I will lay down my life to protect things I love, but I could never be livestock and willingly going to the chopping block as food for another.

In poetic never never land, I guess thinking this stuff as a noble gesture is OK. Just so long as I don't ever have to do it and I can engage in some stomp down righteous blanking out.

But in reality? No friggin' way.

I recall an author I love who once said: "I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."

Michael

7 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

In poetic never never land, I guess thinking this stuff as a noble gesture is OK.

Indeed, so it's hardly worth arguing over. 

But it's not necessarily an altruistic thing.  Had Chopin lived longer we'd have more works as great as this to enrich our lives.  And had Lipatti lived longer they'd have been recorded in better sound quality than we get here:

It could be thought of as a trade.  And if the day off your life is one of the final ones, with your memory gone and mind clouded by the drugs required to palliate physical pain...set up the conditions just right and eventually the decision becomes a no-brainer, eh?

As for RBG, the Dems are praying she lives another 2 years so Trump won't be the one to nominate her successor.  I recall 3-4 years ago there were calls for her to step down so that Obama would make the pick, but she refused. 

14 hours ago, 9thdoctor said:

I don't see why it's such a bad thought experiment.  Aren't there historical figures you wish had lived longer?  Mozart, Schubert, and Chopin come to mind, I'd trade a day for any of them.  They died tragically young, with much achievement ahead of them.  Let's throw in Dinu Lipatti and Fritz Wunderlich, while we're at it.  As opposed to some other personal favorites, say Umberto Eco and P.G. Wodehouse, who died (84 and 93 respectively) having accomplished their missions. 

What the big deal is about RBG is another matter.

I would give a day to have more than six Jane Austen novels, no doubt about it, my foreshortened life would have been happier having read the unwritten ones.. her last book was her greatest, imo, she was in a writer's prime at 42.

Wunderlich too had so much to sing. Yet Mozart's work seems so miraculously complete, it is hard to imagine where he could have gone after the Jupiter symphony..hard o believe he was only 35.  Robert Barnard wrote two delightful mysteries starring a surviving Mozart in alternate-history, stuck in England and never the sensation he was in Europe, yet with genius burning brightly. Pretty good mysteries as well as giving a great portrait of an elderly Wolfgang -touchy, vain, warmhearted, affectionate  and always secure in the knowledge of his genius.

3 minutes ago, caroljane said:

Pretty good mysteries as well as giving a great portrait of an elderly Wolfgang -touchy, vain, warmhearted, affectionate  and always secure in the knowledge of his genius.

Was he still cracking fart jokes?

15 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

She is already dead. The Gang is hiding that fact to buy time.

I'm thinking that Trump will go with Amy Coney Barrett this time. And it'll make the Kavanaugh hearings look like a snugglelovefest. When her name came up on the short list last time, the left and its lapdog press went apeshit and began pre-smearing her for her deep, dark, religion cult beliefs. Some of the "experts" have been giving the opinion that Trump should nominate a woman because the left won't do to her what they did to Kavanaugh. That's bullshit. If Coney Barrett is the nominee, we'll see seething hatred and the politics of personal destruction like we've never seen before.

J

On 1/10/2019 at 5:50 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

The following tweet does not get any clearer. It is the perfect example of a collectivist soul taken to the extreme for a political agenda.

It really is straight out of the liberal/progressive mindset: Fantasize about magically helping someone, don't actually do anything in reality, and feel good about being morally virtuous for having expressed opinions of wanting to help someone without really doing so.

And it's also not motivated by caring for RGB, but for concern with their own power. They'd give a day of their lives in order to be able to control other people by having RGB in power. That's all that they really care about.

J

On 1/13/2019 at 12:36 PM, Jon Letendre said:

Comey announced her death to the rest of the gang yesterday ...

James Comey

The perfect day to see “To Kill a Mockingbird” on Broadway. Amazing cast and vital message: “All rise.”

If that was not her death announcement, then this was ...

HV-rCq8I_bigger.jpgDonna BrazileVerified account @donnabrazile
FollowFollow @donnabrazile
10:37 PM - 18 Jan 2019

... Or an announcement to the rest of the gang on how they are going to lie about her death.

A reason Pelosi wants the State of The Union Address delayed is that Ruth Bader age of consent should be 12 Pedoburg cannot attend as she is dead and Pelosi wants that fact hidden as long as possible as it delays Trump’s third Supreme Court nomination (which court will eventually approve military tribunal for Pelosi and friends.)

Click the little arrow on the right for video two.

They say they didn’t mean to display it but why would the graphic make so much progress toward production in the first place?

Trump will give the State of the Union Adress as scheduled and Pedoburg is not going to be there, because she is dead.

Get ready for Supreme appointment number three, with still many more to come!!

On 1/14/2019 at 12:38 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Dennis,

At the cost of my own life?

Nah...

That's a non-issue for me.

I connect my ideas to reality and when the dying time comes, I know--in reality--I will prefer to have another day.

I will lay down my life to protect things I love, but I could never be livestock and willingly going to the chopping block as food for another.

In poetic never never land, I guess thinking this stuff as a noble gesture is OK. Just so long as I don't ever have to do it and I can engage in some stomp down righteous blanking out.

But in reality? No friggin' way.

I recall an author I love who once said: "I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."

Michael

We constantly see winter news stories about people who donate food, clothing, their time and their lives to help the homeless, while they ignore their own families.

2 minutes ago, Peter said:

We constantly see winter news stories about people who donate food, clothing, their time and their lives to help the homeless, while they ignore their own families.

Peter,

Any stories about people who donate the very things they need to survive to the homeless? Their own clothes as they go naked? Their own food as they go hungry?

I've never seen those kinds of stories.

:) 

Anyway, what numbnuts above was asking was waaaaaay beyond that. He was asking a large number of people to stop living altogether, to die, so one person could live.

As I understand Christianity, it was the contrary. One person died so many could live. Whether the afterlife exists or not is another issue, but the equation was one sacrificed for the benefit of many. Numbnuts wanted many sacrificed for the benefit of one.

How about no sacrifice? That's my preference.

:) 

Michael

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...