COMING SOON.... the MOLGA CHANNEL...the hottest new sensation that everybody loves with the highest pre-release ratings ever recorded...trust me.

caroljane

3 hours ago, Jonathan said:

Here's the post where you made your racist comment:

You equated weblack people with apes. You clearly, explicitly wrote that when a white person calls another white personal an ape, he is actually calling him a black person. That is your view of black people. You wrote it. My referring to it is not a lie. It's not a CNN fake news tactic. You wrote what you wrote.

J

It's the white person's view of a black person. Saying it's Carol's is the other way to read it. You are criticising ambiguity, not racism. Before you do that ask her if what you think she meant was what she meant. After she admits that's her view of black people then you are entitled to roast her. 

--Brant  

10 hours ago, caroljane said:

You have  forgotten any common sense you ever had about humour, for one thing, clean, blue, black or white or red all over humour or any discussion of same, in your zealous pursuit of Potemkin proofs of imaginary thoughtcrimes.

Hahahaha!

Still not recognizing the method of condemnation that I'm borrowing?

Carol, dear, think! Reread what you just wrote above. Apply it to self.

J

8 hours ago, Brant Gaede said:

It's the white person's view of a black person.

No, it's Carol's view of an imaginary white person's view of a black person. She was projecting what she thinks of black people onto imaginary white people.

J

34 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

No, it's Carol's view of an imaginary white person's view of a black person. She was projecting what she thinks of black people onto imaginary white people.

J

Blacks as akin to apes is old time deep South racism I've not heard for years. You make it sound as if Carol was born in Atlanta and grew up watching Birth of a Nation at the local theater. Playing a racism gotcha on such thin semantical evidence albeit powered by logic is ad hominem but not enough to accuse you of being an ad hominemist.

--Brant

• Thanks 2

On 1/23/2019 at 12:34 PM, Jonathan said:

Heh.

What did you learn?

J

Missed this Q the first time around.

I learned mainly what all instructors of anything learn, how to help an individual learn something, in a group setting. An interesting  career-long adventure for the teacher, who hopes her classes forgive her for getting paid to endlessly experiment on them!

I also learned many things about various parts of the world, some of which I had never even heard of, much of which I would much rather not know. Especially in my year at the Survivors of Torture Centre . Facts on the students' backgrounds and experiences  I learned from the other staff. The reality of their astounding, commonplace endurance and insistence on remaining stubbornly themselves, I learned every day from them. 

It was one of the faster-advancing classes I had.  English is relatively hard to learn, especially if your native tongue is not in the Indo-European ballpark.  But hard is relative, too. Utterly so.

• 1 month later...
On 1/28/2019 at 5:24 PM, caroljane said:
On 1/28/2019 at 3:54 PM, Jonathan said:

Here's the post where you made your racist comment:

You equated black people with apes. You clearly, explicitly wrote that when a white person calls another white personal an ape, he is actually calling him a black person. That is your view of black people. You wrote it. My referring to it is not a lie. It's not a CNN fake news tactic. You wrote what you wrote.

J

I suppose I could not comment on Roseanne Barr's racist remarks, without getting mistaken for her sympathizer by someone.  Someone kind of dim.

You are a twit sometimes Jonathan. 

Roseanne Compare and Contrast. In the first video, Roseanne talks with Virginia Graham, Donald Trump, and Michael Moore.

In the second video, Roseanne talks with An0maly about -- among other things -- "Jewish Bankers."  

• 11 months later...

Odd. I was listening to a song printed on a poster on my daughter’s wall when she was a teenager. Then I started to listening to all their songs. They were weird but gooooood.Give it a listen. Peter

Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd

Hello? Hello? Hello?

Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me
Is there anyone at home?
Come on now
I hear you're feeling down
Well I can ease your pain
Get you on your feet again
Relax
I'll need some information first
Just the basic facts