S-E

My first gripe with ayn rand

On 12/3/2018 at 2:19 PM, S-E said:

Peter do you believe that is a true picture you have painted of the average Arab?  I’m not going to argue with  you, I just want to clarify that you see them as a bunch of savages who are after Jewish blood.

Are you being literal, or are you exaggerating for effect?

I was just quoting old letters and may not agree with particular points. However, I will defend Israel, the last and farthest outpost of America. Who shares our objective, Western values? Israel.  What would John Galt do? What would Ayn Rand do? Would she stand next to Francisco and John Galt on the borders of Israel with a gun in each hand, shooting the terrorists? Yes she would. The quote at the end reminds me of "Give me liberty, or give me death."  Peter

Some quotes from the speeches of Benjamin Netanyahu: Israel is the last and farthest outpost of America . . . . You don't have to read Robert Frost to know. You have to live life to know that the difficult path is usually the one less traveled, but it will make all the difference for the future of my country, the security of the Middle East and the peace of the world, the peace, we all desire . . . . . And I wish I could promise you, Elie, that the lessons of history have been learned. I can only urge the leaders of the world not to repeat the mistakes of the past . . . . We are no longer scattered among the nations, powerless to defend ourselves. We restored our sovereignty in our ancient home. And the soldiers who defend our home have boundless courage. For the first time in 100 generations, we, the Jewish people, can defend ourselves. This is why -- this is why, as a prime minister of Israel, I can promise you one more thing: Even if Israel has to stand alone, Israel will stand. end quote 

And I am edited this to add, watch the movie, "Laurence of Arabia' for an interesting historical presentation of Arabia.