Judge Kavanaugh and the Crazy Lady

BaalChatzaf

I can now indulge in my second favorite hobby, schadenfreude.   I   am just warm and happy thinking of all those liberal progressive pinko stinko left wing  schmucks  gnashing their teeth and rending their garments.   I do have a worry however.  Judge K.  may be in peril of his life.  I would not put it past one of these pinko stinko lefty crazies to try assassinating him.  He may need a Secret Service detail  to protect him.

• Like 1

Two years into Trump’s first term and the Crazies dominate the democrat party, because they only get enthusiasm from the “near violent head cases.” Quite of few of the Kavanagh protesters were arrested but I bet they didn’t spend one night in jail.

Ma’am. Do you know why I pulled you over? You were doing sixty and not paying attention to the real news, in a Supreme Court zone. Like in an elementary school zone, the speed limit here is 25 and violence is not allowed. Yes Ma’am this is America but you can’t even threaten to do violence here.    

On 10/6/2018 at 7:58 PM, BaalChatzaf said:

I can now indulge in my second favorite hobby, schadenfreude.

Here you go, Bob.

Served up with relish.

The dorks were even scratching and pounding on the closed and locked doors of the Supreme Court.

I mean, what were they going to do if they got in? Business hours were closed.

:)

You have to see the video at the link below (it's short). That's probably because there is a gun product advertisement at the start and Breitbart wants to make sure you see it.

VIDEO: Leftist Kavanaugh Meltdown: ‘That’s Breitbart!’, ‘You Are Subhuman!’

These idiots the people who want power to rule over you and me.

Michael

9 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Here you go, Bob.

Served up with relish.

The dorks were even scratching and pounding on the closed and locked doors of the Supreme Court.

I mean, what were they going to do if they got in? Business hours were closed.

You have to see the video at the link below (it's short). That's probably because there is a gun product advertisement at the start and Breitbart wants to make sure you see it.

VIDEO: Leftist Kavanaugh Meltdown: ‘That’s Breitbart!’, ‘You Are Subhuman!’

These idiots the people who want power to rule over you and me.

Michael

I weep for the Republic.

I actually got choked up.

What a proud day to be an individual American who, in my little corner of the universe and with the aid of some great people, did a small and modest part in helping to make this happen.

MAGA, in this case and to this extent, goes to the past tense.

We Made America Great Again.

Michael

3 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

This picture from Kavanaugh's swearing in ceremony is being passed around.

Epic...

10.09.2018-05.54.png

Michael

Granny is fading fast.

When she's gone, Trump should pick a serious anti-leftist instead of someone as moderate as Kavanaugh.

J

Excellent:

Atticus Finch Was on the Wrong Side

October 2, 2018 6:30 AMatticus-finch-youtube.jpg?fit=800%2C450&
Gregory Peck as Atticus Finch in To Kill a Mockingbird (via YouTube)
In today’s #BelieveAllWomen environment, due process isn’t what it used to be.

It’s time for To Kill a Mockingbird to give up its treasured place in American culture...

...Exactly what has made Atticus Finch such an honored figure in our culture would make him a very inconvenient man at many college campuses today, where charges of sexual misconduct are adjudicated without the accused being allowed to confront the accuser or make use of other key features of our system of justice...

More:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/10/atticus-finch-was-on-the-wrong-side/

3 hours ago, Jonathan said:

Granny is fading fast.

When she's gone, Trump should pick a serious anti-leftist instead of someone as moderate as Kavanaugh.

J

I think I saw a sign of life.

--Brant

no one was holding her up

19 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I actually got choked up.

I didn't expect it, but Rush Limbaugh nailed what moved me.

Kavanaugh Swearing-In Ceremony Demonstrated Donald Trump’s Irreplaceable Value

From the transcript:

There was quite an event at the White House last night — the ceremonial swearing-in of Judge Kavanaugh — and once again, last night, Donald Trump demonstrated his irreplaceable value. He demonstrated why he is a champion to the majority of people in this country. He violated another set of no-noes! He did something you’re not supposed to do in a ceremony like this at the White House.

. . .

Here is the president of the United States. We’re starting here at audio sound bite No. 7. He is apologizing to Kavanaugh on behalf of the nation.

THE PRESIDENT: I would like to begin tonight’s proceeding differently than perhaps any other event of such magnitude. On behalf of our nation, I want to apologize to Brett and the entire Kavanaugh family for the terrible pain and suffering you have been forced to endure. Those who stepped step forward to serve our country deserve a fair and dignified evaluation, not a campaign of political and personal destruction based on lies and deception.

RUSH: Just calling them out! Trump is right: This is not done. Normally when you get to the ceremonial swearing-in, you follow the script and all of that is in the past. It’s not to be referenced again. The fight is over; everybody acknowledges that the result is the result and we’re moving forward. Except that’s not the way it is anymore! The Democrats are not stopping. The fight’s not over to them. The Democrats are openly promising to impeach Kavanaugh. They’re openly promising to continue to investigate Kavanaugh.

They are openly talking about the packing the court if they win the House of Representatives, to the power Kavanaugh has as the fifth so-called conservative justice on the court. They’re not pulling back at all. This isn’t anywhere over, and so Trump is calling them out. And I’m telling you, folks, this is crucial. I can’t think of any former president that would ever do anything like this. In defense of his nominee, in defense of his principles, I can’t think of one who would do it.

. . .

We have a serious, serious problem when talking about the preservation of what I call our way of life underneath the umbrella of decency. So we’re very lucky we have somebody willing to push back against it from the highest levels of power in the country. Donald Trump fearlessly pushes back on it, calls them out, identifies them. They’re not used to this. They don’t know how to react to it.

The media is the greatest illustration of that, not knowing how to react to be called out for what they really are. I mean, everybody’s accused the media of being biased over the years. But nobody accuses them of fake, making it up, participating in the open and wanton ruination of people. Nobody ever accuses them of that. I mean, we may here. But at the highest levels of government, it’s never happened before. There’s Donald Trump doing it — and from the East Room of the White House!

Here is more Trump last night. This really triggered ’em, when he declared Kavanaugh innocent…

THE PRESIDENT: What happened to the Kavanaugh family violates every notion of fairness, decency, and due process. In our country, a man or a woman must always be presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.

CROWD: (applause)

THE PRESIDENT: And with that, I must state that you, sir, under historic scrutiny, were proven innocent. Thank you.

RUSH: Oh, did that…? That ripped ’em a new one right there. That just… That ha to —

THE PRESIDENT: Margaret and Liza, your father is a great man. He’s a man of decency, character, kindness, and courage who has devoted his life to serving his fellow citizens.

RUSH: You know what that is? I’m sorry, Never Trumpers, but that’s just pure class. To take the time to look at those two little girls and tell him that their father is a great man? In the midst of all of this, the president of the United States taking time out to tell those two young daughters of Brett and Ashley Kavanaugh that your father is a great man? Every father wants to hear that. Every father loves having his children told that he’s a great man. Few ever are afforded that opportunity, but Trump did it last night.

Then proclaiming Kavanaugh’s innocence. I mean, that is akin to taking all the poison arrows that every Democrat launched at Kavanaugh the past two weeks and firing them back at once right down the throats of every Democrat senator on the Judiciary Committee and every member of the media that tried to ruin Kavanaugh. To openly proclaim him innocent! “He can’t do that! That wasn’t a court of law. He can’t know.” But they had him guilty, did they?

He was guilty simply on the basis of the allegation. I want to say one more time: I don’t believe anything that we went through the past two weeks, starting with the realization that Christine Blasey Ford had written a letter to Dianne Feinstein. I don’t think any of it was spontaneous and I don’t think any of it was happenstance. I think every bit of was an orchestrated campaign just like every other October Surprise in politics is. I think the Democrats were in on it.

. . .

Trump refused to pull out, withdraw; ditto Kavanaugh. That’s where they gummed up the works.

President Trump will not give up and let an enormous injustice committed by an disgusting propaganda smear campaign stand.

He always says, "Never give up. Never, ever give up."

And he is the first to given an example of what that looks like.

It's friggin' inspiring.

(But it was President Trump praising Brett Kavanaugh as a great man to his little girls in that choked me up. I'm a ridiculous mess with this kind of thing. :) )

Michael

Hi. Not to detract from everything else posted above, but - er - you realize that Christine Blasey Ford was reportedly involved in CIA recruiting at Stanford, right? Her father was CIA, and her brother allegedly worked at law firm Baker Hostetler and organized Fusion GPS. Another "big law" outfit, Perkins Coie, was the Deep State money laundering pipeline. In 2009, President Obama appointed Robert Bauer, chair of the firm's Political Law practice, to become his White House Counsel. Bauer returned to private practice with Perkins Coie in 2011. In 2015, Hillary Clinton named Marc Elias as general counsel to her campaign.

Hmm. Somebody explain it to me, what's a "Political Law" practice?

• Like 2

Wednesday in "'The Left' Ate My Homework" ...

On 9/25/2018 at 7:24 AM, Jonathan said:

Republicans should be doing exactly what Keith Ellison and his supporters are doing, while constantly pointing out that they're doing exactly what Ellison and his supporters are doing. They should borrow Ellison's methods of dealing with the accusations, and specifically state that they are borrowing his methods because the left and its media apparently find those methods perfectly acceptable.

From the Twin Cities Pioneer Press, bylined to Kyle Potter and Steve Karnowski:

In unsealed divorce filings, Rep. Keith Ellison says ex-wife abused him

[...] The Minneapolis Star Tribune and conservative news site Alpha News sued for access to the divorce file, arguing it’s a matter of public interest after the claim by Ellison’s former girlfriend. Ellison, who is running for state attorney general and is deputy chairman of the Democratic National Committee, has denied it.

The Ellisons tried to block release of the file, with Kim Ellison arguing that it would expose personal and painful details about her depression and health, but the Minnesota Court of Appeals rejected that bid on Tuesday.

Although the divorce proceedings began in 2010, Keith Ellison didn’t raise his allegation of abuse until 2015. That’s when Kim Ellison was seeking additional spousal maintenance and argued that her ex-husband had failed to provide her health insurance as agreed. Kim Ellison was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis before their divorce, and has recently said in court filings that her ex-husband had failed to provide her health insurance as agreed.

Keith Ellison argued his ex-wife wasn’t credible, going on to say that Kim Ellison “hit me too many times to mention” during their marriage, once bit him on the arm and threatened to stab him.

“The Respondent constantly blamed her physical abuse of me on her depression and MS, but would always do it again,” Ellison said in the court filing. “Finally, I had to leave the marriage.” Later, he added: “I never hit or assaulted the Respondent, although I am physically larger, quicker, and stronger than she is.”

In a statement Wednesday, Ellison called the release of the file “shameful and outrageous.” He called Kim Ellison “a wonderful person” and said they have rebuilt a strong friendship since the divorce.

“I attribute the difficulties in our marriage to the disease and my failure to understand it,” he said in his statement. “I was not nearly sensitive enough to the symptoms of her medical condition at the time, and for that I am deeply sorry.”

Ellison says he didn't do it, but just because he says something, even in court, that doesn't make it true.

There's a new standard going around in his own political party:

We believe survivors!
We believe survivors!
We believe survivors!
We believe survivors!
We believe survivors!
We believe survivors!
We believe survivors!

Kim is female. Keith is not.

That settles it.

He's toast.

Michael

13 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Wednesday in "'The Left' Ate My Homework" ...

From the Twin Cities Pioneer Press, bylined to Kyle Potter and Steve Karnowski:

In unsealed divorce filings, Rep. Keith Ellison says ex-wife abused him

And you think that that is somehow relevant to my comment? Wow.

I'm not understanding your little attempt at gotcha. Perhaps you mistakenly thought that the woman to whom the divorce papers refer is the same woman whom Ellison is accused of assaulting? If so, she's not the same woman.

Other than that possible explanation of error, I have no idea where you're coming from or what you're trying to say. Please explain. I'm totally lost about the link that you're trying to make between my comment on the left's hypocrisy regarding accusations against Kavanaugh versus against Ellison and the unsealing of the divorce papers.

Briefly, this was the point of my comment (a point which you clearly missed): Kavanaigh was accused without evidence or corroboration. Ellison was accused, but with both evidence and corroboration (in fact, it was a witness, the woman's son, and not the alleged victim, who made the accusation public). With Kavanaugh, the left instructed us that we are to believe women, and that if we don't agree that Kavanaugh is guilty and unfit to serve, then we are laughing at all women and at rape. On the other hand, with Ellison, we are not to believe the woman, and our doing so magically does not signal our hatred and disbelief of all women victims. In fact, it's cool to endorse Ellison and to ignore his accuser.

J

P.S. Edited to add the names of the women: Kim Ellison, Karen Monahan, and a third, Amy Alexander. They are not the same woman. Each of them is an individual, with different events in their lives. They are not interchangeable.

Also: Any abuse of Keith Ellison committed by Kim Ellison would not justify Keith's abuse of Karen Monahan, if that is what anyone is thinking. If someone is "reasoning" that people have the right to use retaliatory force, and therefore Keith was within his rights to retaliate against Karen for Kim's initiations of force, then, no, that's not the way that it works. Actual retaliatory force would be against only the person who initiated it, and only in proportion and in immediate self-defense.

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Ellison says he didn't do it, but just because he says something, even in court, that doesn't make it true.

There's a new standard going around in his own political party:

We believe survivors!
We believe survivors!
We believe survivors!
We believe survivors!
We believe survivors!
We believe survivors!
We believe survivors!

Kim is female. Keith is not.

That settles it.

He's toast.

Michael

There are two different women being referred to in regard to Ellison: 1) his ex-wife, Kim, who is not the woman who is accusing him of having abused her, and 2) Karen Monahan, the woman who is accusing him of having abused her.

J

Edited to add: Actually, there's a third woman as well: Amy Alexander who also claims abuse by Ellison.