Judge Kavanaugh and the Crazy Lady

BaalChatzaf

"...Ellison’s ex-girlfriend, Karen Monahan, on Sunday claimed there's been a smear campaign against her in an attempt to help Ellison. Last week, she said many Democrats haven't believed her claims: 'I've been smeared, threatened, isolated from my own party...'”

Claims against Brett Kavanaugh are front and center, while accusations against Rep. Keith Ellison are largely ignored.

Claims against Brett Kavanaugh are front and center, while accusations against Rep. Keith Ellison are largely ignored.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/09/25/constant-kavanaugh-coverage-minuscule-ellison-attention-proves-striking-double-standard-critics-say.html

On 9/23/2018 at 6:48 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

This is theater.

Now a new lady is coming out.

This crap will go until it peters out or is shut down. 

Grassley better watch himself, though. He is really pissing off the base.

As a political football, if Jeff Flake and other Senators keep playing footsie with this, I believe President Trump will allow the theater to drag on until after the midterms. Then there will be a large majority in the Senate to confirm Kavanaugh. President Trump has the media and persuasion chops to cook the slew of Dem women who will pop up to claim Kavanaugh is a sexual predator at a steadily increasing temperature. Once he gets the base boiling mad and fit to be tied, it will be voting time. Really pissed off people turn out in droves to vote.

I love it when people underestimate President Trump.

:)

So, basically, the Kavanaugh theater is win-win for Trump. If Kavanaugh is confirmed, it's a win. If the voting on Kavanaugh is delayed until after the midterms, it's a win.

In a sense, Rush Limbaugh just now agreed with me. I just heard it, so there is no transcript yet.

He isn't saying President Trump is... er... encouraging things according to his showbiz chops, but he is agreeing with the other part I claim, that average people are getting fed up with the sex allegations against Kavanaugh to the point they will show up en masse to vote. Here's why.

1. Rush said earlier if the Republicans do not confirm Kavanaugh, they will suffer heavy losses in the midterms.

2. Now Avanetti has produced a third accuser, a "rape train" woman, who is skating on legalese to later claim she didn't say things, but trying to put the image in people's minds that Kavanaugh participated in gang rapes.

So Rush just said he may have to revise his thinking about the Republicans losing the midterms if Kavanaugh is not confirmed or if new accusations keep dragging it out.

He thinks average people are now so disgusted, they are hopping mad. And that will be great news for the midterms.

Rush is right, of course.

He finally agrees with me.

I want to add two things.

1. I still think President Trump has a finger in this, not directly, but in not making efforts to shut it down (but actually encourage it) when it started, because he knows how icky and irrational the Dems are going to get and he knows how this will impact the heartland.

2. I think the Dems have already pushed too far this time so it doesn't matter which way it goes. I believe people are past the tipping point of disgust--the ick and "get away from" me kind of disgust--that hated, real hatred, of the Democrats has taken root in the heartland. I mean the current form of the Democrats, of course. And that hatred is going to grow and grow and grow and the fake news media does its thing in lockstep.

The Avanetti vision of what life is like--based on the actions of the Democrats--has nothing to do with the way most people want to live. And we can thank Avanetti for helping make the Dem vision clear enough for anyone to see.

Frankly, I'm enjoying my popcorn right now. Anyone want some?

Michael

35 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I still think President Trump [...] knows how this will impact the heartland.

[...] I think the Dems have already pushed too far this time

There are possibilities.  Kavanaugh is confirmed later this week or early next week; Kavanaugh's nomination is withdrawn;  Kavanaugh's nomination does not survive a Senate vote; and more.

Each of these situations ... if I understand Michael's reasoning correctly ... will work to the GOP advantage in the midterm elections November 6, or not make any difference aside from helping firm up a "Red Wave.'  In other words, in other words, there is probably no downside to the Kavanaugh issue for Trump or the GOP, at all.  Only the Democratic party will "pay," so to speak, in that the Wave will blot out their hopes. 

We shall see. 

"Grab 'em by the pussy" ... "I did not have sexual relations with that woman." 

Jeff Flake was on the Senate floor right now (transcript here).

Why this is important is because he can block the Kavanaugh confirmation at the committee level so it won't even get to a vote on the Senate floor.

He said he has doubts and will always have them, but he is disinclined to believe Kavanaugh is a serial sexual predator. He actually sounded like he's in CYA mode for his upcoming vote for Kavanaugh.

What that means is that Bush or a Bush surrogate twisted he ear hard.

We'll have to wait and see, though. Flake is wacky...

(Betcha thought I was gonna say "flaky," huh? :) )

At any rate, he informed us that both Ford and Kavanaugh are humans. Then he said we all are humans. That means you and me. And to drive the point home, he taught us that the people on the committee are humans and even the Senators on the floor who will be voting are humans. All of them.

Well, I'm glad that's settled.

Whew...

That was a close one.

Of course, he made it clear that not everyone is as noble as he is, so some humans are more human than other humans. I mean, only the human humans would realize that we are all human and say so out loud, whereas it would never occur to to the less noble simple humans to do that. So there's that. But there's always a worm in an apple that has grown without bug spray.

(Don't worry if you are confused. On looking at it again, I, myself, don't know how that last metaphor works. I'm only human after all. And if you don't believe me, ask Jeff Flake. :) )

Michael

Mike Cernovich just had an interesting thought.

He thinks the left had Kavanaugh on he ropes with the Ford ploy, but they decided to overdo it and fly in the face of The 48 Laws of Power (a book by Robert Greene, which is about power and based on a lot of ancient history).

He said with these latest two smear attempts, they didn't know when to stop. They discredited their campaign. Now, to him, the odds are in favor of Kavanaugh's confirmation.

(In my view, though, the odds have always been about 99.999% in favor of Kavanaugh getting confirmed.)

The law they broke was once you have what you want, stop campaigning.

Michael

4 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

... Rush just said he may have to revise his thinking about the Republicans losing the midterms if Kavanaugh is not confirmed or if new accusations keep dragging it out.

He thinks average people are now so disgusted, they are hopping mad. And that will be great news for the midterms.

Read the transcript:

Prediction Revised! Anger Over Kavanaugh Smear Could Cause Red Wave

Michael

A few tweets from Mike Cernovich:

and

and 

Who needs to argue reasons when the anti-Trumpers and their fake news media give such great examples of their flapdoodle, they convince all on their own?

Michael

This just came out on Wired Sources, so it still needs verification.

But if true, the Kavanaugh issue just got settled and the Dems just got creamed.

Crossing fingers for it to be true...

Michael

23 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

This just came out on Wired Sources, so it still needs verification.

But if true, the Kavanaugh issue just got settled and the Dems just got creamed.

It's also on Gateway Pundit (which is probably where Wired Sources got it). So it still needs verification.

But there is documentation in the article.

BREAKING: Senate Judiciary Committee Interviewing 2 Men Who Believe They Had “Encounter” With Ford, NOT KAVANAUGH

The article includes tweets like the following:

The tweet-o-sphere is starting to explode.

And now it's on Buzzfeed.

Two Men Told Senate Staffers They Had “The Encounter” With Christine Blasey Ford, Not Brett Kavanaugh

Thar she blows up the chain.

(For those who don't know, that's a reference to the Trading up the Chain publicity method.)

Still, here is some of the Buzzfeed article:

Senate Judiciary Committee staff interviewed two men who said they believed that they, and not US Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, had "the encounter" with the woman who accused Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her when they were teenagers, according to new information released Wednesday night by the committee.

. . .

The committee released a timeline describing how committee Chair Chuck Grassley and his staff had responded to misconduct allegations against Kavanaugh, starting with Ford's account of being attacked at a party in the summer of 1982. On Sept. 24, the committee said that staff interviewed "a man who believes he, not Judge Kavanaugh, had the encounter with Dr. Ford in 1982 that is the basis of his complaint."

Committee staff interviewed the man again the next day, on Sept. 25, according to the timeline. "He described his recollection of their interaction in some detail," according to the committee.

On Sept. 26, the committee received "a more in-depth written statement" from the man they had previously interviewed. Committee staff also spoke by phone "with another man who believes he, not Judge Kavanuagh, had the encounter with Dr. Ford in 1982 that is the basis of her allegation. He explained his recollection of the details of the encounter."

Michael

• Thanks 1

I was watching some of her testimony. I am sympathetic to her but I sincerely doubt her credibility. Peter

Notes: Factitious disorder imposed on self, also known as Munchausen syndrome, is a factitious disorder wherein those affected feign disease, illness, or psychological trauma to draw attention, sympathy, or reassurance to themselves. Factitious disorder imposed on self - Wikipedia. wikipedia.org/wiki/Munchausen_syndrome

19 minutes ago, Peter said:

I was watching some of her testimony. I am sympathetic to her but I sincerely doubt her credibility.

Peter,

I've been watching off and on, also.

It is now midday, so Ford is not done and Kavanaugh has not spoken.

The legacy media, including Fox, are all saying it's over for Kavanaugh, that the Republicans have taken a hit, that this is a bad day for conservatives, blah blah blah...

Everywhere else I look, (except for the extreme partisans we all know and love to hate--both sides), everyone else is saying basically what you are saying.

The reasons vary, but the conclusion is the same as yours.

In my view, Ford is slowly hanging herself with her inconsistencies and lack of evidence. But this won't mean much to the public (and maybe even the Senators) if Kavanaugh delivers a mealy-mouthed statement. If she keeps going the way she is going and he goes ballistic when it's his turn, even a little to show passion and indignant anger, her inconsistencies will become amplified to the point of her total discredit. 

But I don't think she is going to keep going the way she is going. I have a feeling it's going to get worse for her. I believe Rachel Mitchell is going to keep chipping away at her inconsistencies and the chips are going to get larger and larger. 

Also, the grandstanding every five minutes by the Democrat Senators is not doing anything for viewers on the fence except irritate the piss out of them, or bore them.

Michael

Peter, if it is your belief that Factitious Disorder is a "best fit" for Ford, can you show a bit more work?  If not, I'd ask you to think about the 'habitual' -- even obsessive -- acts of the classic syndrome.  In other words, in other words, a pattern of behaviour.  If Ford's life does not show that pattern of behaviour, then what does that say about your diagnostic expertise?

From the Cleveland Clinic's page on Munchausen Syndrome/Factitious Disorder, emphasis added: 

Factitious disorder imposed on self, formerly Munchausen syndrome, is a type of mental illness in which a person repeatedly acts as if he or she has a physical or mental disorder when, in truth, he or she has caused the symptoms. Munchausen syndrome is a mental illness associated with severe emotional difficulties.

I also want to congratulate you on posting a semi-working URL. Hurrah.

Here's a bit you may have missed in your deliberative reasoning -- from Wikipedia's entry:

In factitious disorder imposed on self, the affected person exaggerates or creates symptoms of illnesses in themselves to gain examination, treatment, attention, sympathy, and/or comfort from medical personnel. In some extreme cases, people suffering from Munchausen syndrome are highly knowledgeable about the practice of medicine and are able to produce symptoms that result in lengthy and costly medical analysis, prolonged hospital stays, and unnecessary operations. The role of "patient" is a familiar and comforting one, and it fills a psychological need in people with this syndrome. This disorder is distinct from hypochondriasis and other somatoform disorders in that those with the latter do not intentionally produce their somatic symptoms.[4] Factitious disorder is distinct from malingering in that people with factitious disorder imposed on self don't fabricate symptoms for material gain such as financial compensation, absence from work, or access to drugs.

Do you believe one should attempt to gather the most truthful and accurate information about a given subject?  If so, is Objectivist epistemology your guide, or do you go with your "feels" instead?  Eg, 

On 6/14/2018 at 12:30 PM, Peter said:

I have no wish to look up anything more up to date, but "for medical reasons" and rational care, I am quite sure institutionalized females are still sterilized in every civilized nation.

Lifelong learning ... the Peter Taylor way ...

Ford's part is now over.

There is a 45 minute break and then we will hear from Kavanaugh.

Rush Limbaugh made an astute observation just a few minutes ago.

He said the the real audience for this hearing is not you or me or anyone else, including the Senate. It is, of course, but not fundamentally. It is three Senators only: Jeff Flake, Lisa Murkowski and Susan Collins.

That's why at the end, immediately after Ms.  Rachel Mitchell said, "No further questions," Chuck Grassley then said:

I have something to submit for the record. We received three statements under penalty of felony from three witnesses identified by Dr. Ford, Mark Judge, Leland Kaiser, and Patrick Smith. All three denied any knowledge of the incident or gathering described by Dr. Ford. Without objection I'll enter in the record...

The Democrats then suddenly kinda went apeshit wanting to put all kinds of statements from people from all over the place into the record.

I didn't hear anyone want to enter statements from Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, but if this thing had gone on long enough, I'm sure the Democrats would have included them. They were going nuts.

Michael

Livestream ...

Kavanaugh has been magnificent.

btw - During the grilling so far, the Democrats are practically begging Kavanaugh to petition for an FBI investigation into himself.

I mean, come on...

And what else...

Hmmmm...

Oh yeah...

They wanted to know about the farting game mentioned in his High School Yearbook.

I'm serious, but my God... What dorks...

LOLOLOLOL...

Michael

1 minute ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

They wanted to know about the farting game mentioned in his High School Yearbook.

I forgot.

Fffffffffffff...

The Democrats wanted to know about that, too.

That was a reference to a habit by a sixteen year old friend of Kavanaugh's when he was in high school.

It was the windup the guy did before saying "fuck."

Well, at least the Democrats now have what they need to vote on the Supreme Court Judge.

:evil:  :) 

Michael

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I'm serious, but my God... What dorks...

Gotta love Ann:

LOL...

Michael