John McCain is Gone

Michael wrote: I have a lot of compassion for all the people killed who nobody mentions, the ones killed just so people like McCain can exercise their insider power, greed and vanity. end quote

Yesterday, local conservative talk show host, Duke Brooks, made a good case that McCain was the embodiment of the deep state. Thirty years of being elected over and over again, and thirty years of dirty conniving . . . John was the republican wing of the American totalitarian movement. He was no “maverick.” McCain was a power wielding joke.

Duke was glad to see him leave the stage, and even suggested that his “heroic moment” as a prisoner of war, when he refused to come home early because of his connections was simply because he was already planning on running for office. Which then, added five years to his time as a POW. I find that a bit far-fetched but there may be some truth to it.

15 minutes ago, Peter said:

Michael wrote: I have a lot of compassion for all the people killed who nobody mentions, the ones killed just so people like McCain can exercise their insider power, greed and vanity. end quote

Yesterday, local conservative talk show host, Duke Brooks, made a good case that McCain was the embodiment of the deep state. Thirty years of being elected over and over again, and thirty years of dirty conniving . . . John was the republican wing of the American totalitarian movement. He was no “maverick.” McCain was a power wielding joke.

Duke was glad to see him leave the stage, and even suggested that his “heroic moment” as a prisoner of war, when he refused to come home early because of his connections was simply because he was already planning on running for office. Which then, added five years to his time as a POW. I find that a bit far-fetched but there may be some truth to it.

McCain was thinking of his future. He didn't quite have a specific plan or route in mind, but he was hungry for power and attention. I don't think that his refusal to skip in line was so much of an attempt to be a hero, but to just avoid being a zero. Had he skipped over the others, he would have faced legal consequences, would've been disowned by daddy, seen as a wimp and traitor, and would gave had no chance at any sort of life, let alone power and fame. Fear of all of that was a much bigger motivator than concern for his brothers in arms.

His captors blew their opportunity. They should have fattened him up a bit, got him nice and healthy, and then sent him home even without his consent, then claim that he agreed to jump the waiting list. Produce a forged signature, broadcast footage of McCain laughing and playing with fellow inmates in the yard, enjoying hearty meals and other comforts . Thank him cooperating and giving information. Announce that he was so open in sharing information that a few additional soldiers would be released along with him in appreciation of his help. Applaud him for saving himself and his fellow soldiers from captivity by admitting to  the U.S.'s crimes. That would have achieved what they were after, but they didn't have the brains and self-restraint to recognize and act on the opportunity.

J

5 hours ago, Jonathan said:

Losers and failures taking shots at a victor during a funeral!

Jonathan,

I like this image as literary.

It's got surface story, subtext, symbolism, the story of the bad guys as good guys from their perspective, the sheer pettiness of the gestures presented as profound, and so on.

Not just like. Love it.

Michael

• Like 1

On 9/1/2018 at 2:53 PM, Jonathan said:

McCain's family and friends could help pissing all over themselves and his grave:

https://apnews.com/6c3b8c91dfc34f42868eb2ccb09b675a/McCain-tributes-echo-with-criticism-of-Trump

Their jealousy and projections are embarrassing. Losers and failures taking shots at a victor during a funeral!

J

Anti-Trunpisn is all McCain had left when he died and his family et. al just continued in the same vein.

--Brant

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Brant Gaede said:

Anti-Trunpisn is all McCain had left when he died and his family et. al just continued in the same vein.

--Brant

All that we have left when we die,is our own individual honour -some would call it a soul.

All of us, everyone. You Brant have done deeds of valour for you country, and if you say John McCain had nothing left except being anti-someone, you are doing yourself a disservice, as well as him .

John McCain was a happy bomber.

Endless war for profit and collateral damage no object.

God bless the innocent dead gleaned from the many.

They served something greater than themselves.

They paid the ultimate sacrifice for the power and pocketbooks of the few.

John McCain was a happy, happy bomber.

Michael

• Like 1

I got this email from a guy who went to my high school. Most of us had parents who were in the military. Peter  

A “war hero” doesn’t finish 894th out of 899 and still get stationed at a Navy champagne unit and promoted ahead of all but two of his 898 other classmates. A “war hero” doesn’t crash three U.S. Navy jets out of sheer incompetence and ineptitude, including two during non-combat training sessions. A “war hero” doesn’t get written up on drunk-and-disorderly, fraternization, disobeying orders, and insubordination charges more than two dozen times in less than three years.

A “war hero” doesn’t get promoted to squadron commander of the air field named after his own grandfather immediately after crashing his third airplane. A “war hero” doesn’t have all the military records that cover his time in Vietnam and all disciplinary actions against him censored and sealed “as a matter of national security.” A “war hero” doesn’t get 28 medals awarded all after-the-fact “for bravery” for no other reason than being shot down and captured and then go on a celebrity public relations tour because he’s the son of two acclaimed Navy admirals. A “war hero” doesn’t repeatedly cheat on the wife who’s back in the states waiting for him, and then cheat on her more when he returns to the states, and then divorce and abandon her.

A “war hero” doesn’t systematically vote against every single pay and benefit increase for military and veterans throughout his entire political career, all the while claiming to be “the soldier’s Congressman,” and then take credit for the passage of a G.I. benefits bill he that voted AGAINST. A “war hero” McCain III lost jet number one in 1958 when he plunged into Corpus Christi Bay while practicing landings. He was knocked unconscious by the impact coming to as the plane settled to the bottom. McCain’s second crash occurred while he was deployed in the Mediterranean. “Flying too low over the Iberian Peninsula,” Timberg wrote, “he took out some power lines [reminiscent of the 1998 incident in which a Marine Corps jet sliced through the cables of a gondola at an Italian ski resort, killing 20] which led to a spate of newspaper stories in which he was predictably identified as the son of an admiral.”

McCain’s third crash three occurred when he was returning from flying a Navy trainer solo to Philadelphia for an Army-Navy football game. Timberg reported that McCain radioed, “I’ve got a flameout” and went through standard relight procedures three times before ejecting at one thousand feet. McCain landed on a deserted beach moments before the plane slammed into a clump of trees.

McCain’s fifth loss happened during his 23rd mission over North Vietnam on Oct. 26, 1967, when McCain’s A-4 Skyhawk was shot down by a surface-to-air missile. McCain ejected from the plane breaking both arms and the leg in the process and subsequently parachuted into Truc Bach Lake near Hanoi. For 23 combat missions (an estimated 20 hours over enemy territory), the U.S. Navy awarded McCain a Silver Star, a Legion of Merit for Valor, a Distinguished Flying Cross, three Bronze Stars, two Commendation medals plus two Purple Hearts and a dozen service medals. “McCain had roughly 20 hours in combat,” explains Bill Bell, a veteran of Vietnam and former chief of the U.S. Office for POW/MIA Affairs — the first official U.S. representative in Vietnam since the 1973 fall of Saigon. “Since McCain got 28 medals,” Bell continues, “that equals out to about a medal-and-a-half for each hour he spent in combat. There were infantry guys — grunts on the ground — who had more than 7,000 hours in combat and I can tell you that there were times and situations where I’m sure a prison cell would have looked pretty good to them by comparison."

Judge for yourself. Johnny

• Thanks 1

Wikileaks is not amused.

It has several tweets pointing out official documents on McCain's backstage war-mongering.

But on a happier note, McCain did help Wikileaks grow. So there's that.

Michael

At least Bill Clinton was entertained at Aretha Franklin's funeral. I haven't found similar for the McCain death ceremony, but I'm sure there is something to be had if one digs long enough.

:evil:  :) 

Michael

12 hours ago, Peter said:

I got this email from a guy who went to my high school. Most of us had parents who were in the military. Peter  

A “war hero” doesn’t finish 894th out of 899 and still get stationed at a Navy champagne unit and promoted ahead of all but two of his 898 other classmates. A “war hero” doesn’t crash three U.S. Navy jets out of sheer incompetence and ineptitude, including two during non-combat training sessions. A “war hero” doesn’t get written up on drunk-and-disorderly, fraternization, disobeying orders, and insubordination charges more than two dozen times in less than three years.

A “war hero” doesn’t get promoted to squadron commander of the air field named after his own grandfather immediately after crashing his third airplane. A “war hero” doesn’t have all the military records that cover his time in Vietnam and all disciplinary actions against him censored and sealed “as a matter of national security.” A “war hero” doesn’t get 28 medals awarded all after-the-fact “for bravery” for no other reason than being shot down and captured and then go on a celebrity public relations tour because he’s the son of two acclaimed Navy admirals. A “war hero” doesn’t repeatedly cheat on the wife who’s back in the states waiting for him, and then cheat on her more when he returns to the states, and then divorce and abandon her.

A “war hero” doesn’t systematically vote against every single pay and benefit increase for military and veterans throughout his entire political career, all the while claiming to be “the soldier’s Congressman,” and then take credit for the passage of a G.I. benefits bill he that voted AGAINST. A “war hero” McCain III lost jet number one in 1958 when he plunged into Corpus Christi Bay while practicing landings. He was knocked unconscious by the impact coming to as the plane settled to the bottom. McCain’s second crash occurred while he was deployed in the Mediterranean. “Flying too low over the Iberian Peninsula,” Timberg wrote, “he took out some power lines [reminiscent of the 1998 incident in which a Marine Corps jet sliced through the cables of a gondola at an Italian ski resort, killing 20] which led to a spate of newspaper stories in which he was predictably identified as the son of an admiral.”

McCain’s third crash three occurred when he was returning from flying a Navy trainer solo to Philadelphia for an Army-Navy football game. Timberg reported that McCain radioed, “I’ve got a flameout” and went through standard relight procedures three times before ejecting at one thousand feet. McCain landed on a deserted beach moments before the plane slammed into a clump of trees.

McCain’s fifth loss happened during his 23rd mission over North Vietnam on Oct. 26, 1967, when McCain’s A-4 Skyhawk was shot down by a surface-to-air missile. McCain ejected from the plane breaking both arms and the leg in the process and subsequently parachuted into Truc Bach Lake near Hanoi. For 23 combat missions (an estimated 20 hours over enemy territory), the U.S. Navy awarded McCain a Silver Star, a Legion of Merit for Valor, a Distinguished Flying Cross, three Bronze Stars, two Commendation medals plus two Purple Hearts and a dozen service medals. “McCain had roughly 20 hours in combat,” explains Bill Bell, a veteran of Vietnam and former chief of the U.S. Office for POW/MIA Affairs — the first official U.S. representative in Vietnam since the 1973 fall of Saigon. “Since McCain got 28 medals,” Bell continues, “that equals out to about a medal-and-a-half for each hour he spent in combat. There were infantry guys — grunts on the ground — who had more than 7,000 hours in combat and I can tell you that there were times and situations where I’m sure a prison cell would have looked pretty good to them by comparison."

Judge for yourself. Johnny

This is a screed regardless of the accuracy of any particular point.

--Brant

13 hours ago, Peter said:

You will be shocked I know , to hear that some war heroes had no education at all.

I did not realize that McCain was born with a silver professional spoon in his mouth and only had a wealth-and-influence- powered early advantage in his career. And here I thought the military was a meritocracy.

And what a terrible academic record! How he was retained in the military I can't comprehend. Thank God the days are past when some war heroes could have hardly any  education at all!

Your sharp-eyed classmate was no doubt a far more successful and accomplished military man. Maybe even a real hero.

Fe00yVS2_bigger.pngWikiLeaksVerified account @wikileaks

WikiLeaks documents show that Senator McCain's primary legacy is to have pushed a series of calamitous Saud-Netanyahu foreign policy positions, destroying Iraq, Syria & Libya--leading to the refugee crisis & ISIS. The John McCain Institute received at least $1m from Saudi Arabia.

4:23 PM - 2 Sep 2018

Politics
I TOLD MY SON, "YOU WILL MARRY THE GIRL I CHOOSE."
HE SAID, "NO."
I TOLD HIM, "SHE IS BILL GATES' DAUGHTER."
HE SAID, "YES."
I CALLED BILL GATES AND SAID, "I WANT YOUR DAUGHTER
TO MARRY MY SON."
BILL GATES SAID, "NO."
I TOLD BILL GATES, "MY SON IS THE CEO OF THE WORLD BANK."
BILL GATES SAID, "OK."
I CALLED THE PRESIDENT OF WORLD BANK AND ASKED HIM
TO MAKE MY SON THE CEO.
HE SAID, "NO."
I TOLD HIM, "MY SON IS BILL GATES' SON-IN-LAW."
HE SAID, "OK."
AND THAT'S EXACTLY HOW POLITICS WORKS.
And thus, began the practice of hiring dumb asses to work in influential positions
of government. The practice is unbroken to this date

Hn4Boq6L_bigger.jpgDr. Kelli WardVerified account @kelliwardaz

I commend Governor @dougducey for appointing @senjonkyl to the US Senate. Jon is a great selection & will be an important vote in Washington to confirm Judge Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court, support President Trump, & advance the #AmericaFirst agenda.

DmSoTmRU8AAJYG-.jpg
5:42 PM - 4 Sep 2018