Michael Stuart Kelly

Creepy in Politics

So what is your point about Peron and Michael, Peter?

If Bill D. was right, then Peron has committed wrongs and Michael is mistaken. That all?

Are you implying Michael lies when he says he does not believe Peron guilty of anything?

Are you implying that Michael being wrong before reduces his credibility? That would be sensible except that past false negatives bolster the positive charges, at least insofar as they suggest against that one is making snap judgements or seeing pedophilia everywhere one looks.

Is your point something else?

Is it that you have no point?

Are you going to respond as though you are having a stroke, to avoid responding?

2 hours ago, Jon Letendre said:

So what is your point about Peron and Michael, Peter?

If Bill D. was right, then Peron has committed wrongs and Michael is mistaken. That all?

Are you implying Michael lies when he says he does not believe Peron guilty of anything?

Are you implying that Michael being wrong before reduces his credibility? That would be sensible except that past false negatives bolster the positive charges, at least insofar as they suggest against that one is making snap judgements or seeing pedophilia everywhere one looks.

Is your point something else?

Is it that you have no point?

Are you going to respond as though you are having a stroke, to avoid responding?

My point is that I now think Peron may NOT have committed crimes, though he apparently had an odd time in life / That hell is nothing I would wish on anybody. He may be attracted to certain "younger people" but MAY NOT have acted from that impulse AND did nothing illegal. He is a homosexual and being one in no way predisposes a person towards pedophilia. I had a discussion with someone else on OL and on Obj. Online with skills in psychology who would know. You may be more likely to find a pedophile among straight people. That girl who sings "Call Me Maybe" in a video as she washes a car, who was beloved by soldiers overseas? She was 14 when she made that, blush. 

The strange fact that I was there in San Francisco in 1969 or 1970 when the bookstore was bought is kismet and bizaaro. I had recently been honorably discharged and chose the Bay Area to live with my parents until I got on my feet. I ended up at the bookstore (was it Laissez-Faire Books?) when I had attended a SF Objectivist Club meeting and met someone who wanted to know me better. That getting to know me better did not happen.

I think the reference where I said Jon was "initiating force" has been erased. If anyone finds it tell me and I will scrub it. I am sorry I said Jon Letendre initiated force because I have no proof of that . . . I can't even remember what I was referring to, unless it is malicious name calling. I got pissed and stopped financially supporting OL and left the site for one month, I believe starting on March 28, 2019. If I get called malicious names again I will do the same again. Peter        

32 minutes ago, Peter said:

My point is that I now think Peron may NOT have committed crimes, though he apparently had an odd time in life / That hell is nothing I would wish on anybody. He may be attracted to certain "younger people" but MAY NOT have acted from that impulse AND did nothing illegal. He is a homosexual and being one in no way predisposes a person towards pedophilia. I had a discussion with someone else on OL and on Obj. Online with skills in psychology who would know. You may be more likely to find a pedophile among straight people. That girl who sings "Call Me Maybe" in a video as she washes a car, who was beloved by soldiers overseas? She was 14 when she made that, blush. 

The strange fact that I was there in San Francisco in 1969 or 1970 when the bookstore was bought is kismet and bizaaro. I had recently been honorably discharged and chose the Bay Area to live with my parents until I got on my feet. I ended up at the bookstore (was it Laissez-Faire Books?) when I had attended a SF Objectivist Club meeting and met someone who wanted to know me better. That getting to know me better did not happen.

I think the reference where I said Jon was "initiating force" has been erased. If anyone finds it tell me and I will scrub it. I am sorry I said Jon Letendre initiated force because I have no proof of that . . . I can't even remember what I was referring to, unless it is malicious name calling. I got pissed and stopped financially supporting OL and left the site for one month, I believe starting on March 28, 2019. If I get called malicious names again I will do the same again. Peter        

An extended exposition that addresses the points. I wish you more often would just come out and speak plainly like this.

I expect you are equally likely to find a pedophile in most subdivisions of people, male/female, straight/other, races, etc.

Yes, it was name calling exactly that made you accuse me of initiating violence. You didn’t like one of my names for OL’s pedo-is-tee-hee-hee sick piece of shit, Billy Schjerk.

I see Patton Oswalt was just hired to be one of the two major characters in a cartoon movie. Weren't you going to do something about him Jon? That may be the initiation of violence I was referring to. I remember someone mentioned a video of a guy loading ammo into his deer rifle and saying he was going after Oswalt.  

To reiterate, Oswalt's comedic schtick is to pretend to be despicable people, but those tweets of him pretending(???) to be a pedophile, were inexcusably gross. He has been interviewed and said he would do anything to protect his daughter especially since his wife recently died of cancer.  For anyone interested in watching him do his thing you can see him at You Tube on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon pretending to be Sheriff Moore who was running for office and admitted dating teen girls when he was in his 30's.      

Pedophilia is a morally neutral psychiatric term denoting a certain type of sexual attraction, usually dominant, not necessarily acted upon corrupted by laymen into opprobrium and more widely applied to adolescents, not just the prepubescent.

Biologically speaking humans are meant to make children in their teenage years. Wealth makes this unnecessary. Civilization frees adolescents from children until they grow up more and get better educated. Etc.

--Brant

1 hour ago, Peter said:

I see Patton Oswalt was just hired to be one of the two major characters in a cartoon movie. Weren't you going to do something about him Jon? That may be the initiation of violence I was referring to. I remember someone mentioned a video of a guy loading ammo into his deer rifle and saying he was going after Oswalt.  

To reiterate, Oswalt's comedic schtick is to pretend to be despicable people, but those tweets of him pretending(???) to be a pedophile, were inexcusably gross. He has been interviewed and said he would do anything to protect his daughter especially since his wife recently died of cancer.  For anyone interested in watching him do his thing you can see him at You Tube on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon pretending to be Sheriff Moore who was running for office and admitted dating teen girls when he was in his 30's.      

No, Peter, I did not say I was going to “do something” about anyone.

Brant wrote: Pedophilia is a morally neutral psychiatric term denoting a certain type of sexual attraction, usually dominant, not necessarily acted upon corrupted by laymen into opprobrium and more widely applied to adolescents, not just the prepubescent. end quote

Thank you Doctor BG. I remember aversion therapy and religious therapy for the “disorder.” I expect enough years have passed to evaluate its success, but I choose not to research the data. “Evil thoughts” is not just a religious take on the issue, but a psychiatric and an evolutionary biologist's take. In a way the perverted are "wire wrongly" but free will, morality, and the law necessitates never acting on those thoughts.   

Brant wrote: Biologically speaking humans are meant to make children in their teenage years. Wealth makes this unnecessary. Civilization frees adolescents from children until they grow up more and get better educated. Etc. end quote

I agree. There is a built in, or more accurately *innate,* appreciation of the opposite sex. As the immortal Bard didn’t sayeth, “When thou innately hast other desires than thy wife, therein lies the rub. Which is why I cut-eth some slack for gentlemen who can’t help looking at pretty women but would never break thine vow.”

And as long as a woman has "curves" which demonstrate her childbearing years, men will look. Occasionally I will see a women in the store and "look" and when I see her face I realize she is old. Hey, stop throwing rocks at me! 

Good for you Jon. Stuck in a Shakespearean mode, I sayeth sorry, I couldn't resist the punishing barb, "Get a job."

And now The Riding Lawnmower, beckons. 

12 hours ago, Peter said:

I think the reference where I said Jon was "initiating force" has been erased. If anyone finds it tell me and I will scrub it

Poisoning the well? Psychologizing

"Just as reasoning, to an irrational person, becomes rationalizing, and moral judgment becomes moralizing, so psychological theories become psychologizing. The common denominator is the corruption of a cognitive process to serve an ulterior motive.

Psychologizing consists in condemning or excusing specific individuals on the grounds of their psychological problems, real or invented, in the absence of or contrary to factual evidence."

"Armed with a smattering, not of knowledge, but of undigested slogans, they rush, unsolicited, to diagnose the problems of their friends and acquaintances. Pretentiousness and presumptuousness are the psychologizer’s invariable characteristics: he not merely invades the privacy of his victims’ minds, he claims to understand their minds better than they do, to know more than they do about their own motives. With reckless irresponsibility, which an old-fashioned mystic oracle would hesitate to match, he ascribes to his victims any motivation that suits his purpose, ignoring their denials. Since he is dealing with the great “unknowable”—which used to be life after death or extrasensory perception, but is now man’s subconscious—all rules of evidence, logic and proof are suspended, and anything goes (which is what attracts him to his racket)."

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Peter said:

Brant wrote: Pedophilia is a morally neutral psychiatric term denoting a certain type of sexual attraction, usually dominant, not necessarily acted upon corrupted by laymen into opprobrium and more widely applied to adolescents, not just the prepubescent. end quote

Thank you Doctor BG. I remember aversion therapy and religious therapy for the “disorder.” 

Why quotes around disorder, Peter?

Is adult sex with adolescents and prepubescents not really a disorder to you?

3 hours ago, Jon Letendre said:

Why quotes around disorder, Peter?

Is adult sex with adolescents and prepubescents not really a disorder to you?

Peter?

Are you saying that wanting sex with a five year old, (but not acting on it,) is not a disorder?

31 minutes ago, Peter said:

I see a child, "dark net" sex ring was broken up by Interpol.

BBC: Fifty children saved as international paedophile ring busted