Sign in to follow this  
jts

Verdict: Monsanto GUILTY!

From the point of view of irrational conspiracy theorists, this is great news. But from the point of view of rational Objectivists, this is a horror story. Therefore I put it in the horror file cabinet.

From the general himself. Jeffrey Smith (the narrator) was the master strategist (the general) who masterminded the downfall of Monsanto. So I think of him as The General.

I can't watch the video right now, but I heard the news the other day. I don't know much about the case, but my feeling is that this is another ridiculous result. Chemicals have side effects. If we ban all chemicals, we'll be overrun by weeds and insects. There are always trade-offs.

10 minutes ago, jts said:

Monsanto gets a lot of mean mouthing from health nuts. I am surprised that to my knowledge the Objectivist community is not defending Monsanto as a heroic productive company like they did Microsoft.

Like so many other rotten, criminal, crony-statist corporate entities, they will shortly be bankrupted, broken-up and scattered by a genuine system of justice. Trump isn’t done cleaning up DOJ and the corrupted courts, far from it. Soon.

Crony Capitalism  at work.

What if the stuff in Monsanto's weed killer really did substantially increase the probability of getting non-Hodgkins Lymphoma?  If  Monsanto did not  post a clear warning about the danger wouldn't the company be liable for damages?