Heh.

Nigeria says it suspends Twitter days after president’s post removed

Nigeria said on Friday it had indefinitely suspended Twitter’s activities, two days after the social media giant removed a post from President Muhammadu Buhari that threatened to punish regional secessionists.

Information Minister Lai Mohammed said the government had acted because of "the persistent use of the platform for activities that are capable of undermining Nigeria's corporate existence".

Mohammed did not spell out what form the suspension would take or give more details on the undermining activities. His ministry also announced Twitter's suspension on Twitter.

When asked about the details of the suspension, a ministerial aide told Reuters: "Wait and see how things will turn out."

As of the early hours of Saturday, Twitter's website was inaccessible in Nigeria on some mobile carriers, while its app and website worked on others, according to Reuters tests in Lagos and Abuja.

Twitter is investigating its "deeply concerning" suspension of operations by the Nigerian government, and "will provide updates when we know more," the company said in a statement.

Wanna bet Twitter is trying to cave at this very moment, confused because its bullshit ain't working, and feeling the sting?

:)

Don't think the other tech giants are not looking. They are.

It's not that Nigeria is so important to the big picture. It's that Nigeria is looking an awful lot like the first domino in a long line of 'em.

Michael

EDIT: Let's take it to the next level, shall we? How about to La La Ville on Clueless Drive?

Twitter declares access to its platform a 'human right' amid censorship of conservatives

Jimmy Dore is not amused at Facebook or Twitter. Not at all.

He is calling for them to be classified as public utilities like the phone company.

He made an interesting case, too. He said one of the reasons the phone company was originally declared as a public utility was that people could not do business and compete in the market without a phone.

He said that is now true about giant social media platforms.

Hell, using Jimmy's argument, I think ALL social media platforms that are not publishers should be classified as public utilities, not just the big ones.

That would eliminate a lot of bullshit.

The important point is, though, that this call is growing in the US. Especially as the tech giants ramp up their censorship practices. Pretty soon that call will turn into law.

Michael

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's finally happening for real.

YouTube and the other tech giant mafia companies are MySpacing themselves.

Dikhc.qR4e-small-Glenn-Greenwald-Joins-T
RUMBLE.COM

On Thursday night, the Fox News Host began his prime-time program with a discussion of YouTube's suspension from its platform of Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) for his warnings that cloth masks do little to pr

Rumble is growing by leaps and bounds. So is Gettr. So is Substack. And others.

Sit back and watch the market fix things, even with companies in bed with the government.

Back in the day, MySpace became so big, it started shitting on it's users for money and power. That's when Facebook got its chance to grow big.

Now the big tech giants are going to go the way of MySpace and other companies are going to take their place.

Notice how power corrupts...

Michael

• 3 weeks later...

Wanna play a cute little game before it is too late?

Go to google.com and type in...
          idiot
... then switch to image. Here is what you get.

image.png

Google got embarrassed because the excessive Trump results got exposed yesterday, so the folks at Google are already changing the algorithm. Yesterday, this result was 100% images of Trump. Today there are fewer images of Trump and already there are other images mixed in.

Now here's the other part of the game. Go to any other search engine that does not rely on Google and do the same thing. Trump will not be among the images. However, depending on the search engine, Obama or George Bush will be among the top images.

Here are a few search engines for you to try this with. Note, this could change after a while if some people start posting images of Trump and do a targeted SEO campaign favoring the word "idiot" for specific search engines.

Here are a few search engines to try this out on.

DuckDuckGo
Brave Search
Bing
Yahoo!
Yandex
SwissCows
Quant

That's enough for play.

But wait. Lookee what I just found. There is a search engine called Lukol. This is for people who want to use Google's search engine but don't want to be tracked and don't want Google's algorithms that personalize the results.

Lukol still presents the top results of what Google's image search looked like yesterday for "idiot." This is probably the cache taking its time to flush out.

But here is what you got yesterday on Google (and the Clery book wasn't even there.)

image.png

Imagine scrolling and scrolling and this kind of image was all you got. That's what Google results gave yesterday.

More about this stuff in the next post.

Michael

I got the idiot Trump image game above from an interview between Owen Shroyer and Zach Vorhies (a Google whistle-blower). Incidentally, you can see a lot more screenshots like in the post above on the video. Also, you can see the Google dork swearing before Congress that Google does not alter its search results for political ends.

e1f811ca99845c2768425dfb4de4866d0325ad3f
BRANDNEWTUBE.COM

Google Whistleblower Says The Company Wants To Control Your Mind

(NOTE: This links is on BrandNewTube and was sent to me offline. The Banned Video link is here. I didn't use it because it doesn't produce a rich link in the plugin I got for OL, so it's probably on some kind of exclude list.)

So who is Zach Vorhies, exactly?

He was a Google insider and he wrote the book that came out recently (referral link) exposing Google's political manipulations:

Google Leaks: A Whistleblower's Exposé of Big Tech Censorship
image.png

He shot to the top of the news when James O'Keefe interviewed him and exposed the Google blacklisting policy and more. There is plenty of information on him out in the Interwebs. 

I wanted to see something recent to add to this post and there is a lot of material. I chose one, so here is one of Vorhies's latest interviews.

OJ5kc.CGQd.jpg
RUMBLE.COM

The latest episode of Uncovering the Truth With Matrixxx Grooove on Brighteon.TV features Zach Vorhies, former Google employee and one of the authors of the book “Google Leaks: A Whistleblowers Exposé

Now, before you go to that video, let me make a warning. 

If you don't know who Jeffrey Pedersen and Shady Groove (the co-hosts) are, which was my case on first looking at this video today, you will see cringe written large during the first 5 minutes. Really. It is awful.

Then Zach Vorhies comes on and the difference switches from junkyard to mansion. Seriously. Good God! What were they thinking? You clothe gold in dirty rags and shit? Really?

The first 5 minutes gives one of those Q montages that go on forever. Then when Jeffrey Pedersen came on, he was talking up a storm except there was no sound. :) He got that worked out, then introduced his co-host, Shady Groove. Shady got to talking except his sound was off, too. :) When that got turned on, Shady talks like he has a goddam sock in his mouth. What a mess. I almost clicked away.

But I didn't and, boy am I glad I didn't. These guys are fantastic interviewers. 

Zach told inside stories of how Google persecuted him (even sending a SWAT team to his house on a phony bomb scare and gave some information on big question marks left in the past--for instance, the LA shooter. From looking at the documents on the inside of Google (he worked there at the time), Zach thinks that the whole thing was an assassination attempt against the top guy in Saudi Arabia and Google actively helped bury the information. There is the cold fusion energy investment scandal. Zach even tells a story about covfefe and how Google, in cahoots with the NYT, tried to change that into something it wasn't to denigrate Trump. 

You can download a lot of information from the book here.

Let me say another word about Jeffrey and Shady. I don't know why they allowed the first five minutes of the video to be the way it is. Snipping it off is the easiest thing in the world. But there it is.

That does not mean they are yayhoos, though. the left takes them as seriously as it can without writing too much about them. And they are on the inside with Trump. (They have interviewed Gen. Flynn and many top Trump people.)

For instance, look at this article from last July on the lefty rag, Salon.

donald-trump-qanon-0707211.jpg
WWW.SALON.COM

"We are the news now," one QAnon influencer declared

Their new show is called "Uncovering the Truth With Matrixxx Grooove" and it airs daily at noon on Brighteon.TV. See more at the Matrixx Groove Show website.

I did not know of these dudes, but it looks like they are real-deal Q people, not the fringe.

Back to Zach. He still has his Twitter account and is actively using it as his alt account (like at Gab, Gettr, etc.) have not seen posts in a while. That tells me he has not exposed all he has and he probably has some deep shit. He did say he has a dead man's switch.

Here is a tweet from him just a few hours ago.

It might be that the whole Theranos scandal is interconnected with the COVID-19 thing, Elizabeth Holmes lost her usefulness to the Deep State and Health Mafia, and they simply threw her in the trash once they got from her what they needed (I speculate, but it was probably testing waters in some manner along with money laundering).

Anywho, have fun. This is one particular rabbit hole that is turning out to be fun and informative. :)

After I read Google Leaks, I'll write more.

I want to tie all this to Ayn Rand in the end, but the only thing that fits is that the entire social structure in America needs to be dismantled and built anew based on freedom, reason, productivity, and so on.

Except this is not happening by a strike of the brains. It is happening by a big-ass MAGA movement. And the villains are not James Taggart or Ellsworth Toohey types (although there is some of that). They are James Bond villains trying to take over the world. I never thought I would live to see a James Bond villain in reality, much less a whole slew, but there they are. Just look.

Jeez, what a time to be alive...

Michael 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, tmj said:

but right now I still vote for a few well placed EMPs

An Electro Magnetic Pulse would be viewed as a terrorist attack. It could also knock out some of our defense capabilities, and might be mistaken as an act of aggression from China, North Korea, or Russia, which could cause a world war.  

Oh I don't know , at the least it would save Sara and John a whole bunch  of trouble. And are you sure about that triggering ww3 thing, looks like a global bioweapon release isn't enough, maybe if just one company was taken out the other powers that be would recognize it as such.

And the idea to stay away from certain ideas 'cos' crazy and would start a global conflagration is pretty good idea to keep people steered clear of such ideas.

Yep , just did a search , upsetting the status quo is a big no no.

• 2 months later...

I feel confident saying the following.

Almost everybody who reads the following has only one main questions on their mind.

mark-zuckerberg-lima-ap.jpg
WWW.BREITBART.COM

Tech giant Facebook, which has changed its name to "Meta," recently claimed that it plans to shut down its facial recognition system this month and delete all of the face scan data of over one billion users it...

What's the catch?

Michael

4 hours ago, tmj said:

Was there ever an explanation about their troubles of a few weeks ago ? 

T,

I think Fakebook has been trying to get regulated by the government and forego its Section 230 liability protections.

That sounds counterintuitive, but that way, Fakebook can make things hellishly difficult for competitors like alt tech to get going.

As far as the government is concerned, Zuck paid for Biden's voting arrangements (drop boxes, etc,) and God knows what else behind the scenes, so he's not concerned. He think he owns the government.

Something tells me Zuck and Epstein's vast amount of raunchy and sleazy data (btw - where did that go? :evil: ) are interconnected in hidden ways, but I have no concrete reason to say that. It's a suspicion and nothing more.

Michael

• 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Guess who's out at Twitter?

Michael

As for his replacement, Parag Agrawal:

"If they are not gonna make a distinction between muslims and extremists, then why should I distinguish between white people and racists."

and

"Jack Dorsey steps down as twitter CEO, replaced by CTO Parag Agrawal.
Censorship will get worse.

"Agrawal in Nov 2020 interview:

"'Our role is not to be bound by the First Amendment...focus[ing] less on thinking about free speech, but thinking about how the times have changed.'"

— James Todaro, MD (@JamesTodaroMD) November 29, 2021

On the latter, we learned today that Twitter will start blocking shared videos and pictures of "private persons" without their consent, which many are taking to mean things like the Kyle Rittenhouse videos, etc, things that establish proof of innocence in cases like that, or guilt in the cases of antifa, etc. A desperation move, sure. Will be interesting to see how that works...

Twitter bans users from posting 'private' photos and videos

Users are debating exactly what would fall under this policy.

hero-image.fill.size_1200x675.v163829708
MASHABLE.COM

RE: the new Twitter CEO and new policy regarding sharing videos of "private persons:

"At the end of the day this policy probably doesn't warrant the apocalyptic "you can't do journalism on Twitter anymore!" takes. But, it certainly is vague enough to cause at least some concern. It'll really all depend on how Twitter enforces it, and considering they have a new CEO at the helm, we'll see. "

"We'll see, indeed." Parts of it sound reasonable enough (such as the effort to prevent "doxxing", but the timing of it certainly raises an eyebrow. And we know how "Trojan Horses" work, in matters like this. (And we'll see how even-handed it's applied, as Twitter has a long history of "rules for thee, but not for me", when it comes to allowing Antifa-related threats, for example...)

Hot off the heels of a brand new CEO, Twitter has announced a major update to its policy in a blog post on Tuesday.

Twitter will now prohibit the sharing of "private" media of private individuals without their consent.

This update, which the company announced on Tuesday, broadens an already existing "private information" policy. This policy already banned Twitter users from sharing the sensitive information of private individuals such as home addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and personal documents on the platform.

When reached by Mashable, Twitter stressed that the policy requires that the individual in the photo or video make a report for any action to even be considered.

"When private information or media has been shared on Twitter, we need a first-person report or a report from an authorized representative in order to make the determination that the image or video has been shared without their permission," said a Twitter spokesperson.

read more here

hero-image.fill.size_1200x675.v163829708
MASHABLE.COM

• 1 month later...

From ARC UK, in which "Rucka" proceeds to trash the idea that there's a problem with "section 230" and the "publisher/platform" distinction. (Goes on to sympathize with critics of MSM/CNN (while glossing over the whole pedophile scandal), etc, while scorching the "alternative news" as baseless conspiracy in toto. Calls people like Candace Owens, Alex Jones, "nobodies", and no mention of Project Veritas. But then, they have a guy there still saying that it would have been better for capitalism to vote for Hillary Clinton, so it's no wonder why these OrgOists types don't even have a seat at the table in all this, in ignoring the government manipulation of these so-called private businesses and platforms...)

(starts around 19:27)
transcript

we're seeing um
now that conservatives seem to be pretty
i mean of course with the whole big tech
bs
right like ben shapiro advised ted cruz
to
grill mark zuckerberg about his
website's policy and on the grounds that
well is facebook a
platform or is it a publisher so a
complete a complete bastardization
of um of what those things even mean
publisher and platform as far as i can
understand people that i respect people
that i do believe
um believe in property rights have
rolled their eyes heavily at that whole
publisher versus platform distinction
vis-a-vis facebook enforcing their
community guidelines
um or deleting
right-wingers deleting conspiracy pages
deleting whoever it is they choose to
delete like that makes them now a
publisher like that makes them uh
i mean it's it's not the subject of
today's show but that was the next level
with which we saw conservatives and
republicans blurring the lines of what
it means to have property and property

I

On 8/29/2021 at 2:31 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

It might be that the whole Theranos scandal is interconnected with the COVID-19 thing, Elizabeth Holmes lost her usefulness to the Deep State and Health Mafia, and they simply threw her in the trash once they got from her what they needed (I speculate, but it was probably testing waters in some manner along with money laundering).

I wonder how much time she will serve.

Theranos’ Elizabeth Holmes found guilty of defrauding investors in blood tech startup

[...]

Prosecutors said had Holmes been truthful with investors and patients, the venture never would have attracted critical funding and revenue.

“She chose fraud over business failure. She chose to be dishonest,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Jeff Schenk said at the start of closing arguments. “That choice was not only callous, it was criminal.”

Testifying in her own defense at trial, Holmes said she never meant to deceive anyone and that Theranos’ lab directors were in charge of test quality. In closing arguments, defense attorney Kevin Downey said the evidence did not show Holmes was motivated by a cash crunch at Theranos, but rather thought she was “building a technology that would change the world.”

“You know that at the first sign of trouble, crooks cash out,” but Holmes stayed, Downey said. “She went down with that ship when it went down.”