William,

I tried to listen to the video, but the lady talking is just too snarky.

I got through about 7 minutes or so. 

The gist is everyone who agrees with the snarker lady is intelligent. Those who disagree are stupid, low IQ, irrelevant and seeking relevance, blah blah blah.

Life is short and this shit goes on forever...

Michael

I don't always agree with Alex Jones, but man do I admire him.

They will probably take this off Twitter before too long, so if they do, later I will try to find the video on an uncensored site and post it here.

Michael

1 hour ago, Peter said:

I thought it was interesting that a Congressman asked the head of Google why, when you type in "idiot," the first "hit" is Trump. Obviously someone at Google Search is insanely hateful. 

https://www.thestreet.com/politics/donald-trump-idiot-google-images-why-14808650

I did a Google search for {idiot} and got 226 million hits. I did a Google search for {idiot  Trump} and got 87 million hits. 87/226 = .385. If that ratio were much higher, then I would get suspicious.

"Precision is the enemy of measurement ... " [emphasis added]

6 minutes ago, merjet said:
1 hour ago, Peter said:

I thought it was interesting that a Congressman asked the head of Google why, when you type in "idiot," the first "hit" is Trump. Obviously someone at Google Search is insanely hateful. 

https://www.thestreet.com/politics/donald-trump-idiot-google-images-why-14808650

I did a Google search for {idiot} and got 226 million hits. I did a Google search for {idiot  Trump} and got 87 million hits. 87/226 = .385. If that ratio were much higher, then I would get suspicious.

The question pertained to Image Search. Ie, enter "idiot" into Google Image Search.

The question was answered. If you enter "idiot" to a plain Google search, you get a return on the story from yesterday as interpreted by many outlets, and you also find out who asked what, and of course what the answer was. 

Peter, clams do not usually swim at the surface of the beach. They need to be dug out with a clam shovel -- or tricked to appear for plucking.

14 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

"Precision is the enemy of measurement ... " [emphasis added]

The question pertained to Image Search. Ie, enter "idiot" into Google Image Search.

The question was answered. If you enter "idiot" to a plain Google search, you get a return on the story from yesterday as interpreted by many outlets, and you also find out who asked what, and of course what the answer was. 

Peter, clams do not usually swim at the surface of the beach. They need to be dug out with a clam shovel -- or tricked to appear for plucking.

Okay. But when I use Google Images, I don't get counts.

Duckduckgo image search on 'idiot'

[was link to tweet about Hannity cleansing his Twitter account]

Edited by william.scherk
Fixed the link error

On 12/12/2018 at 2:24 PM, william.scherk said:

William,

You generally don't do this kind of crap.

That link is not a DuckDuckGo image search. It goes to a Twitter post about Hannity and Trump that is totally unrelated to DuckDuckGo.

Can't you do a little better than that?

It's almost not worth debunking.

I remember a time when you were a bit more sophisticated than outright duping readers...

Are you under undue stress or something? I mean, something has to explain this lack of even minimum competence.

Michael

Here is an excellent example of Fake Social Media at work:

I hope Google rises to the challenge and keeps the "Scott Adams is a Nazi" search results on top of its serious image search results.

I would love to see Scott raise holy hell for a change.

History has shown that when arrogant powerful people abuse their power this blatantly, they often get taken down by a small person they didn't see coming.

Michael

3 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Are you under undue stress or something? I mean, something has to explain this lack of even minimum competence.

Error. 

Edited by william.scherk
Are you under a cloud of hostility?  

1 hour ago, william.scherk said:

Error. Are you under a cloud of hostility?  

William,

If it was an error, we're good.

:) 

Unfortunately, your corrected link still has nothing to do with DuckDuckGo. It now goes to Google. See here:

On 12/12/2018 at 2:24 PM, william.scherk said:

Like I said, you used to be better than this...

:evil: 

Michael

Here's a young guy who worked as a kind of news lobbyist for Facebook.

He's on a left-wing site, but notice how his message is almost identical to Styx (who is mostly right wing)?

The issues are control and corporate money.

Since massive audiences, especially young people, are gravitating toward the alt media and independent content creators, the big crony corporations think the best way to keep them is destroy the alt media and indoctrinate the young.

This will ultimately fail, but it's going to be a long, ugly fight.

For those doing startups in social media and related businesses right now, though, it's a golden opportunity.

Michael

• 3 weeks later...

I don't use Patreon. But the Patreon model is interesting.

Essentially, if you like the content creation of an independent person and they have a Patreon account, you can donate a small (or big) amount to them on an ongoing basis and they will either thank you or give you access to premium content. Patreon administrates this with lots of resources to make it easy.

Recently, Patreon has be taking people off its platform for expressing views the left does not agree with. Note, this is not for expressing views on Patreon or on any Patreon-related project. This is for expressing views in public, period. This has gotten so bad, Sam Harris recently suspended his Patreon account. Jordan Peterson and David Rubin just announced they are leaving Patreon on January 15--and they are trying to set up an alternative (see the video below).

The really icky part of all of this is that MasterCard, Visa, etc., have been uncovered as actively taking part in this ideological censoring. If this trend is not challenged and alternatives are not provided to the marketplace, pretty soon, people deemed hate speechers (starting with white power people, but soon including black power people, radical progressives, Ayn Rand folks, and any other group not sanctioned by leftwing crony government-corporation insiders) will not be eligible to purchase water, electricity or any other product from a public utility company.

This bigotry and authoritarianist mind control has started on the Internet and is now migrating to the banking system. From there to public utilities is a small step. And from there to reeducation camps, etc., comes even faster. A model already exists for implementation: China.

Do we really want this?

So ask Jordan Peterson and David Rubin in their announcement.

And, for the record, whatever they set up, I'm going to join. I trust these guys.

Michael

The elitist crony corporatists (and deep state) want freedom-loving people to shut up. And they are putting in place mechanisms hoping they will take.

On the social media platforms, this is not so hard. Nowadays, the nerds who own the giant social media companies are no longer bothered by being flaming hypocrites and propagandists.

But what to do about other media?

Well... if your income comes from endless war for profits, that is, if you spill the blood of countless innocents to fill your coffers, if you are an elitist crony corporatist, there are other ways.

See here:

Michael Savage, facing death threats, heads to secret location

Does this ever happen to The Young Turks, Rachel Maddow, Bill Maher, etc.? Hell no. They get death threats (all celebrities do), but not so bad and credible they have to go into hiding.

I hope law enforcement gets these evil violent people before too long.

Michael

• 5 weeks later...

Finally a bit of good news in the fake social media world:

Snopes & AP Suddenly Quit As Facebook Fact-Checkers

:) 

Why is this good news?

Because the fact-checking of Snopes and AP sucks big-time. It's pure political propaganda mixed with some good results as a smokescreen.

It's funny that these propaganda outfits are disgruntled that Facebook wanted to keep its advertisers happy more than it wanted to push a left-wing globalist agenda.

Facebook's concerns are all crony corporatist bullshit and not pure free market driven. Even so, thank God it is about money and not authoritarian gatekeeper mind-control crap.

Michael

Cute?

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Finally some of the gloves are coming off in retaliation to the mind control and censorship bullying by the social media giants.

Michael

.Michael, I do not understand your saying "finally" here, when those gloves came off over two years ago, and helped elect Trump, and are heard coming off again regularly at all his rallies again  the media are booed, shouted down etc. What is new here? It is a constant part of his platform.

Carol, the prevaricating, left-wing censorship of the electronic media giants has only been blatantly obvious since the 2018 elections.

In today's context they might end up regulated like public utilities, not that they should. Hoi polloi is simply going to shove them aside with their partial replacements.

It's part of the great red and blue divide, a possible prelude to greater political disintegration if not actual true civil war.

---Brant

16 hours ago, caroljane said:

.Michael, I do not understand your saying "finally" here, when those gloves came off over two years ago, and helped elect Trump, and are heard coming off again regularly at all his rallies again  the media are booed, shouted down etc. What is new here? It is a constant part of his platform.

Michael, I do not understand words and sentences. Orange man bad.

J

In case you need a fake face to go with your fake social media account:  https://thispersondoesnotexist.com/ (every time you refresh the site, a new face is created). Some background and technical whatsit via the Daily Dot: New website will endlessly generate fake faces thanks to AI