And there's this:

Jeff Sessions ‘Exploring Potential Investigation’ of Google, Facebook, Twitter

And this:

Trump signs executive order to impose sanctions against any election interference

And directly from the White House:

President Donald J. Trump Is Working to Protect Our Nation’s Elections from Foreign Interference

Does anyone see any possibility for dot-connecting here? Maybe even with the release of the Google video?

:) 

Michael

18 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

And now some real dirt is coming out.

From Breitbart:

LEAKED VIDEO: Google Leadership’s Dismayed Reaction to Trump Election

A one hour and something bashfest of Trump and Trump supporters by the top brass of Google.

Sorry, the video doesn't embed, so you have to go to Breitbart to see it, but at least it will not be censored.

Sergey Brin thinks Trump supporters are fascists and communists and vote out of boredom.

And they want to use Artificial Intelligence to make sure this doesn't happen again.

I'm not making this up.

Michael

Styx gets this right for the most part.

What I think he doesn't get is just how seductive raw power is.

Obama tempted these nerd geek folks with personal power the likes they never dreamed: the Arab Spring and other nasties, he swapped all kinds of employees (many former Obama administration employees now work at Google and many former Google employees now work in the federal government), he opened every globalist door that he could open for them and so on.

The power went to their heads. Hillary Clinton was supposed to continue that. 

Trump won.

They suddenly no longer were the all-powerful poodles of the elitists.

Boo hoo.

Michael

I just learned something I didn't know.

Facebook is now using Bill Kristol's Weekly Standard as one of its fact-checkers for fake news.

Now Facebook is starting to learn how to play the establishment game. You don't play left or right, you play with people who are in the elitist club--and there are people in the club on both sides, not just on the left or right.

Another thing I learned is that the congressman who was appointed to fill out John McCain's term, Jon Kyl, was recently hired by Facebook to help with identifying fake news.

In something--unrelated(?) (yeah, right)--back in July, Jon Kyl was indicated to be the "sherpa" to guide Brett Kavanaugh through the Senate approval process. Now he's a Senator. And now he works for Facebook. So, as far as a fake news brigading attack against Kavanaugh goes, it will still happen, but no longer on Facebook. That's pretty much a done deal.

For some reason, the progressives find this appaling.

Yet they all cheered when Facebook banned Alex Jones.

That is precisely Jimmy Dore's point. The idiots who cheered the banning of Alex Jones are suddenly surprised that the Weekly Standard just now restricted ThinkProgress on Facebook.

I agree with Jimmy. What the hell did they expect? Freedom of speech as a right exists to protect speech you hate. Speech you don't hate doesn't need protection.

Jimmy is one of the few progressives who fights the progressive elitists and believes in free speech. I can't stand his views on many things, but we have a lot of common ground on things like free speech, despising wars for profit, etc.

Michael

On a lighter note, Twitter has banned the term "illegal alien" on Twitter because Twitter, in its infinite wisdom, claims this is hate speech. That term is written in American law as the legal term for, well, illegal aliens, but there it is.

To get around banning, deleted posts and other forms of censorship, Rush Limbaugh came up with a term people can use on Twitter to designate illegal aliens when they want to talk about them, but do not want to cave to using leftie jargon.

He said use the term: "undocumented Democrats." 

Michael

Now some real mockery of Google is starting up.

Let's see if they've got the thick skin of a person devoted to principles.

If they don't, this kind of mockery will stick to them like crazy glue. I'm talking about the public--that the mockery will stick to them with the public in general, not just their enemies. And that is a major warning sign that disintegration has started.

Framed like that, Google does come off as pretty lame, doesn't it?

Michael

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Framed like that, Google does come off as pretty lame, doesn't it?

As does the worry that anyone or anything is having undue influence and therefore needs to be shut down or controlled by government or by corporations.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the kind of intellectual garbage the social media giants are relying on to justify their authoritarian bigotry and censorship.

Alternative Influence: Broadcasting the Reactionary Right on YouTube
by Rebecca Lewis

I have not read this, but merely seen some critiques. I may dig a little later (probably not), but if the critics are right, for just one example, the idea of linking Ben Shapiro to white power and Nazism with data-based connection proof is simply boneheaded.

Also, when you go here on that site, it looks like those people have a huge interest in rationalizing propaganda as the proper exercise of critical thinking. Just look at the report titles (my favorite is this: "Lexicon of Lies: Terms for Problematic Information" -- problematic for whom? Hmmmmmm? :)  ).

A couple of pushbacks:

Social Media Study Lumps Conservative Pundits with ‘White Nationalist’

and Styx:

For me, I am satisfied with these critics and what I have already seen for now. I will not pursue this further unless it becomes a real factor in the culture and not just a lame academic-style smokescreen for tech giant authoritarians to bully people who believe in individual freedom.

But if anybody else wants to dig deeper, have at it...

Michael

Here's a prominent guy in the anti-Trump resistance who openly admits he gets paid to sow division and even troll President Trump's Twitter feed so much that comments from his supporters do not appear.

But but but muh Russian bots...

btw - I first saw this on Infowars here:

Top ‘resistance’ Member Admits He Gets Paid By “higher Ups” To “sow The Division”
Brian Krassenstein’s stunning admission caught on camera

Money makes the resistance go round.

Don't forget muh blue wave... muh blue wave...

Michael

Red wave, red wave, red wave ...

The Krassensteins get a lot of heat from the leftmost The Left left, with one wag suggesting they were "our side's Louise Mensch."  What is hilarious is how the Krassenstein video cough boomshell came from within the house, and then was artfully edited.  Who would guess that Gullible Posobiec was too stupid to check?

2 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Who would guess that Gullible Posobiec was too stupid to check?

William,

Posobeic?

What are you talking about? The guy who posted it was Currie Dobson.

I know you are not too stupid to check that, but how come you didn't check that?

:evil: 

And here is what he just said about 3 hours ago:

The lower tweet is this:

And here's the update in the Infowars article (same link as above). I presume the update is from Paul Joseph Watson.

UPDATE: Krassenstein claims that he created a fake video in which he made it clear that he was joking about being paid for tweets. It is not clear why Krassenstein allowed an edited version of this fake video to circulate for hours before he then pointed the finger at everyone else for spreading “fake news”.

Michael

18 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:
21 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Who would guess that Gullible Posobiec was too stupid to check?

What are you talking about? 

Did I say Posobiec was responsible for anything other than promoting bullshit?  He's not a florid maniac like Erick Erickson, but still.

Ed is the most "lit" of the Krassenstein brothers ...

And then there's Maude!

"Trading Bullshit Up The Chain ... "

Edited by william.scherk
"Trading up the chain of bullshit ..."
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

Did I say Posobiec was responsible for anything other than promoting bullshit?

William,

You just took a very good post (one of the good gotchas) and spoiled it with this bullshit.

Just say, "Oops..."

People get it.

But noooooooooooo...

You can't be wrong even when you are.

It's like a death wish or something...

Definitely self-sabotage...

Michael

1 minute ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Just say, "Oops..."

"Madame Macron is a Pedophile."  You go first, Maestro.

6 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

William,

OK.

Madame Macron groomed her 15 year old future lover and husband in the exact same manner pedophiles do.

I don't know when she actually did the dirty deed the first time.

Helpfully,

:evil:  :) 

Michael

[Emphasis added]

27 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:
33 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

OK.

Madame Macron groomed her 15 year old future lover and husband in the exact same manner pedophiles do.

giphy.gif

Edited by william.scherk
"Now, what about your confident claim that pedophiles repeat their behaviour ... ?"

William,

You keep deflecting, but the fact is, you did heave on a load of bullshit on a rather good post.

Petty vanity bullshit at that.

And you are insisting on it.

I see your fuck up.

Others see it, too.

But keep at it, hoss.

I'm rooting for you.

(It hurts to know you're not superior, doesn't it?)

:evil:  :) 

Michael

Jack, Jack, Jack.  

Man, am I rooting for something. It looks like Tim Berners-Lee (often called the man who invented the Internet) walked away from the dark side of globalism and is embracing individualism--at least as far as controlling one's own data is concerned.

Exclusive: Tim Berners-Lee tells us his radical new plan to upend the World Wide We

This week, Berners-Lee will launch, Inrupt, a startup that he has been building, in stealth mode, for the past nine months. Backed by Glasswing Ventures, its mission is to turbocharge a broader movement afoot, among developers around the world, to decentralize the web and take back power from the forces that have profited from centralizing it. In other words, it’s game on for Facebook, Google, Amazon. For years now, Berners-Lee and other internet activists have been dreaming of a digital utopia where individuals control their own data and the internet remains free and open. But for Berners-Lee, the time for dreaming is over.

“We have to do it now,” he says, displaying an intensity and urgency that is uncharacteristic for this soft-spoken academic. “It’s a historical moment.” Ever since revelations emerged that Facebook had allowed people’s data to be misused by political operatives, Berners-Lee has felt an imperative to get this digital idyll into the real world. In a post published this weekend, Berners-Lee explains that he is taking a sabbatical from MIT to work full time on Inrupt. The company will be the first major commercial venture built off of Solid, a decentralized web platform he and others at MIT have spent years building.

btw - Here is the post by Tim Berners-Lee referred to in the quote:

One Small Step for the Web...

And he says it all in his first sentence.

I’ve always believed the web is for everyone.

(Actually, he has been in bed with some really nasty folks who don't believe this, but he seems to have woken up.)

If I understand how this new system works, and if it takes off, this is going to ensure that a long line of Trump-friendly people are going to be elected for a long time to come--both in America and elsewhere.

This will do away with thought-control-loving gatekeepers even more than the modern Internet does and it will take the power of censorship away from tech corporatists.

The corporate media will not be a winner in this.

The alt media will.

When people are free to choose which pundits and news they want to watch and interact with, they tend to favor freedom-loving folks--and they don't like people who march in propagandistic lockstep with lies. The stats are showing this even within the current agenda-stifled system. The alt media is already kicking the ass of the corporate media audience-wise.

The corporate media needs to focus on game shows and soap operas if it wants to survive the long game. There will always be a market for game shows and soap operas as long as there are humans. And nobody does them better than the corporate media. Ditto for corporate social media re pop music and cat pictures.

Frankly, this kind of entertainment is an area where the alt media sucks.

Michael

On 9/26/2018 at 1:36 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Now for the punchline.

Madame Macron did exactly what Judge Roy Moore did.

But according to the brainwashing of one very popular mainstream cult, her way was a sign of sophistication and nuance while his was proof he was a pedophile.

Gotta love religious fanatics and cult members...

Life would be boring without them...

:evil:  :) 

Michael

It's no Kim-Trump romance, but hey.  Emphases added.

3 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:
On 9/26/2018 at 11:36 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Now for the punchline.

Madame Macron did exactly what Judge Roy Moore did.

Do you have any evidence to share that this belief corresponds to reality?  I recall you sharing an opinion (perhaps I remember incorrectly) that pedophiles never change, never stop hunting, will always have pedophilia as their 'orientation' (paraphilia) and repeat the prey behaviour until caught. 

So, if someone believes and asserts that Madame Macron is a pedophile ... it falls to the claimant to provide some supporting warrants. I'd settle for a reasoned argument ...

I'm sure that OLers will be open to considering a well-built argument that expands upon "exact same" grooming acts. 

6 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

Do you have any evidence to share that this belief corresponds to reality?

William,

The same you have about Judge Roy Moore.

You have posted about him often.

What?

That is different?

:evil: 

(In case you don't get it, I'm essentially using your very own standard for evidence. :) )

Michael