And there's this:

Jeff Sessions ‘Exploring Potential Investigation’ of Google, Facebook, Twitter

And this:

Trump signs executive order to impose sanctions against any election interference

And directly from the White House:

President Donald J. Trump Is Working to Protect Our Nation’s Elections from Foreign Interference

Does anyone see any possibility for dot-connecting here? Maybe even with the release of the Google video?

:) 

Michael

18 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

And now some real dirt is coming out.

From Breitbart:

LEAKED VIDEO: Google Leadership’s Dismayed Reaction to Trump Election

A one hour and something bashfest of Trump and Trump supporters by the top brass of Google.

Sorry, the video doesn't embed, so you have to go to Breitbart to see it, but at least it will not be censored.

Sergey Brin thinks Trump supporters are fascists and communists and vote out of boredom.

And they want to use Artificial Intelligence to make sure this doesn't happen again.

I'm not making this up.

Michael

Styx gets this right for the most part.

What I think he doesn't get is just how seductive raw power is.

Obama tempted these nerd geek folks with personal power the likes they never dreamed: the Arab Spring and other nasties, he swapped all kinds of employees (many former Obama administration employees now work at Google and many former Google employees now work in the federal government), he opened every globalist door that he could open for them and so on.

The power went to their heads. Hillary Clinton was supposed to continue that. 

Trump won.

They suddenly no longer were the all-powerful poodles of the elitists.

Boo hoo.

Michael

I just learned something I didn't know.

Facebook is now using Bill Kristol's Weekly Standard as one of its fact-checkers for fake news.

Now Facebook is starting to learn how to play the establishment game. You don't play left or right, you play with people who are in the elitist club--and there are people in the club on both sides, not just on the left or right.

Another thing I learned is that the congressman who was appointed to fill out John McCain's term, Jon Kyl, was recently hired by Facebook to help with identifying fake news.

In something--unrelated(?) (yeah, right)--back in July, Jon Kyl was indicated to be the "sherpa" to guide Brett Kavanaugh through the Senate approval process. Now he's a Senator. And now he works for Facebook. So, as far as a fake news brigading attack against Kavanaugh goes, it will still happen, but no longer on Facebook. That's pretty much a done deal.

For some reason, the progressives find this appaling.

Yet they all cheered when Facebook banned Alex Jones.

That is precisely Jimmy Dore's point. The idiots who cheered the banning of Alex Jones are suddenly surprised that the Weekly Standard just now restricted ThinkProgress on Facebook.

I agree with Jimmy. What the hell did they expect? Freedom of speech as a right exists to protect speech you hate. Speech you don't hate doesn't need protection.

Jimmy is one of the few progressives who fights the progressive elitists and believes in free speech. I can't stand his views on many things, but we have a lot of common ground on things like free speech, despising wars for profit, etc.

Michael

On a lighter note, Twitter has banned the term "illegal alien" on Twitter because Twitter, in its infinite wisdom, claims this is hate speech. That term is written in American law as the legal term for, well, illegal aliens, but there it is.

To get around banning, deleted posts and other forms of censorship, Rush Limbaugh came up with a term people can use on Twitter to designate illegal aliens when they want to talk about them, but do not want to cave to using leftie jargon.

He said use the term: "undocumented Democrats." 

Michael

Now some real mockery of Google is starting up.

Let's see if they've got the thick skin of a person devoted to principles.

If they don't, this kind of mockery will stick to them like crazy glue. I'm talking about the public--that the mockery will stick to them with the public in general, not just their enemies. And that is a major warning sign that disintegration has started.

Framed like that, Google does come off as pretty lame, doesn't it?

Michael

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Framed like that, Google does come off as pretty lame, doesn't it?

As does the worry that anyone or anything is having undue influence and therefore needs to be shut down or controlled by government or by corporations.