World Cup 2018

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2018 at 8:55 PM, caroljane said:

Is there anything more sublime than Men in Shorts, striving?

Yes! Men and Women in Suits, elected leaders of their countries, getting rained on  like losers, which only one of them was, while the host gets 4 umbrellas, Vlad's good friend Trump must have laughed his ample you know what off about this, especially when that overweight woman whose country lost the game got her country's team jersey drenched. And Macron's wife will be furious his new Armani is now ruined!

It was a great game actually and the rain must have been a relief to the exhausted players. I watched it at my son's place and regret to say that his friends made sport of the one-umbrella -3 leaders situation, if USA had made the final. Their odds were that POTUS would have elbowed the fat lady out of the way to get his hair under shelter.

10 hours ago, caroljane said:

Their odds were that POTUS would have elbowed the fat lady out of the way to get his hair under shelter.

OMG, that's hilarious! That's the funniest thing I've ever read! Damn, how do you do it? Why are you not on the comedy circuit, or making billions writing in Hollywood? You're like Richard Prior, George Carlin, Robin Williams, Eddie Murphy and Joan Rivers all rolled into one. Unbelievable comedic talent.

And, yeah, damn the male leaders of the world for not being old-fashioned male chauvinist pigs. The only thing on their minds at all times should making sure that any delicate, helpless ladies within a 100 meter radius are taken care of, sheltered from this or from that, doors and various jars and bottles opened for them, coats thrown over puddles, and stray peas removed from under mattresses.

J

11 hours ago, Jonathan said:

OMG, that's hilarious! That's the funniest thing I've ever read! Damn, how do you do it? Why are you not on the comedy circuit, or making billions writing in Hollywood? You're like Richard Prior, George Carlin, Robin Williams, Eddie Murphy and Joan Rivers all rolled into one. Unbelievable comedic talent.

And, yeah, damn the male leaders of the world for not being old-fashioned male chauvinist pigs. The only thing on their minds at all times should making sure that any delicate, helpless ladies within a 100 meter radius are taken care of, sheltered from this or from that, doors and various jars and bottles opened for them, coats thrown over puddles, and stray peas removed from under mattresses.

J

Hey, thanks for the praise, but it was not my joke . I will pass it along to the guy who said it, however cautioning him not to quit his day job, but he is like I would have to be, a sit-down comic at my advanced age, and he is a bus driver who does a routine as a tour guide on his route. He does not get booed much, even when he does the late shift on the Church Street route (don't ask), he gets double time.

Politics is deadly, but comedy is harder. I'm not as funny as Roseanne Barr, and I would hate her guts, if she had any, but she is a great comic.

I do not think, despite scurrilous rumours, that you should refer to M. Macron as a "delicate, helpless lady." He is in enough trouble with Mme Macron as it is.

9 hours ago, caroljane said:

Politics is deadly, but comedy is harder. I'm not as funny as Roseanne Barr, and I would hate her guts, if she had any, but she is a great comic.

I agree that she can be damned funny.

Speaking of Roseanne, check out these racist images:

dog_looks_just_like_harrison_ford._3304124320.jpg

celebrity-look-alikes-animals-1.jpg

128709145086543609_funny_celebrity_look_alikes-s401x271-96425-580.jpg

9 hours ago, caroljane said:

I do not think, despite scurrilous rumours, that you should refer to M. Macron as a "delicate, helpless lady." He is in enough trouble with Mme Macron as it is.

I'm happy that you responded to one of my posts, even though it was a completely irrelevant one. It's interesting seeing what's worthy of your time. Here's another post which I was hoping you'd address:

J