Losers.com

Since the personality of Michael Stuart Kelly is a big part of Objectivist Living, I'd like to get a picture of him looking studious and avuncular. All I have is the soft-focus chin-on-hand, and a picture of him in a MAGA hat. Maybe that picture of Ayn Rand in a MAGA hat would be more appropriate, but I cannot find it so far.

4 hours ago, caroljane said:

Er, look above at forum title. I was having a bit of fun about Trump's Twitter triumphs coming back to bite him, as the court said the president cannot deny citizens this means of communication to him- even though he started the account when he was still a private citizen.

So, the answer to my simple question is yes, you believe that Trump doesn't have the same right to control and manage his Twitter account as anyone else.

4 hours ago, caroljane said:

I had no idea this was such an emotive topic..

Huh??? Are you having emotions? I'm not. Are you projecting?

Or maybe you're following the Narrative? I've often seen regressives assign emotions to Trump's statements, as well as those who they imagine are his acolytes. Trump will tweet some calm, humorous observation about a falsehood that a regressive had told, and the response from TDS regressives is that Trump was deranged and enraged and throwing fits and tantrums and flipping out and losing it.

Have you ever seen our Billy here write about Them and the Others? You've been very actively Themming and Othering people, as have many other regressives. Psychologically, I think it's probably a means of constructing justification.

J

17 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

So, the answer to my simple question is yes, you believe that Trump doesn't have the same right to control and manage his Twitter account as anyone else.

Huh??? Are you having emotions? I'm not. Are you projecting?

Or maybe you're following the Narrative? I've often seen regressives assign emotions to Trump's statements, as well as those who they imagine are his acolytes. Trump will tweet some calm, humorous observation about a falsehood that a regressive had told, and the response from TDS regressives is that Trump was deranged and enraged and throwing fits and tantrums and flipping out and losing it.

Have you ever seen our Billy here write about Them and the Others? You've been very actively Themming and Othering people, as have many other regressives. Psychologically, I think it's probably a means of constructing justification.

J

No, I have no emotions about Trump's right over his Twitter account, I am sure it won't make any difference to him anyway - I just made a comment that a court had said that as President, he doesn't have those same rights because of his being the president! I don't even care if he should have the rights or not, maybe Obama could block and he couldn't? Then that would be wrong of course. But I think O's account was always an official White House one, maybe there is some legal difference.

I usually skip over the Narrative propaganda so can't answer you here, but I always like to feel I am being as just as I can. I will certainly look out for the calm and humorous tweets you speak of. 

I try to read what "our Billy" writes, because he writes good, but must have missed this part of them and others, in any case hands off "our Billy" if you consider him Other than a Fair Witness!

3 hours ago, caroljane said:

No, I have no emotions about Trump's right over his Twitter account, I am sure it won't make any difference to him anyway - I just made a comment that a court had said that as President, he doesn't have those same rights because of his being the president! I don't even care if he should have the rights or not, maybe Obama could block and he couldn't? Then that would be wrong of course. But I think O's account was always an official White House one, maybe there is some legal difference.

I usually skip over the Narrative propaganda so can't answer you here, but I always like to feel I am being as just as I can. I will certainly look out for the calm and humorous tweets you speak of. 

I try to read what "our Billy" writes, because he writes good, but must have missed this part of them and others, in any case hands off "our Billy" if you consider him Other than a Fair Witness!

You dodge and evade.

What was it about my initial post that you found to be laden with emotion?

'Carol, what do you mean to say, X or Y, or something else entirely? Please explain, as I don't understand.'

'Emotions! Emotions everywhere! Oh, the emotional outbursts! I never meant to stir up such passions, such flaming rage! Oh, goodness me, I fear for my life, for all life forms, for all existence!'

WTF?

J

12 hours ago, Jonathan said:

You dodge and evade.

What was it about my initial post that you found to be laden with emotion?

'Carol, what do you mean to say, X or Y, or something else entirely? Please explain, as I don't understand.'

'Emotions! Emotions everywhere! Oh, the emotional outbursts! I never meant to stir up such passions, such flaming rage! Oh, goodness me, I fear for my life, for all life forms, for all existence!'

WTF?

J

I don't recall thinking your post was emotional-- I said that the topic seemed to be emotive -- I was thinking of the response of your soulbrother Jan, not you, actually.

Don't be so touchy. You like to insult your targets into a frenzy and then laugh at them for being hysterical or emotional, as per the Alt-Right Playbook, or for that matter the Kindergarten Argument playbook.

Chill out and stop regressing to the least attractive aspects of what must have been a fairly angry childhood.

Although MSK did not quote any of my remarks, juxtaposing mine with his lets us read between the lines.

11 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:
19 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Since the personality of Michael Stuart Kelly is a big part of Objectivist Living, I'd like to get a picture of him looking studious and avuncular.

William,

sigh...

:)

Michael

Twitter has just yanked the new Objectivist Living account, because I claimed OL's birthday was December 4 2005.  The date is wrong, but how did they know that?  Their excuse is child protection. Nobody under 13 can run an account.  

The slightly weirder thing is that the Birthdate form in account settings mentions that a linked business or club can have a "Birthday." So, maybe this experiment in social media awfulness needs to wait until OL is actually thirteen. 

Michael, when is OL's actual, verifiable birthday?

7 hours ago, Jonathan said:

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2018/06/portland_police_revoke_permit.html

Theyre doing it in the name of "ethics" and in the name of being "humane."

Jonathan,

This should warm your heart.

I'm not 100% certain, but because of the context where it was posted, I am pretty sure this happened there.

Like the lady kept yelling at the guy who was attacked by a dude in a mask with a steel pipe, but who knocked the dude out flat like a pancake, "Why are you so angry? Why are you so angry? Why are you so angry? You racist!"

Why is he so angry, indeed? After all, what's wrong with clubbing someone with a steel pipe as a tool of persuasion? And who the hell is he to target and oppress masked people swinging steel pipes at him, anyway/ How racist can you get?

:evil:  :) 

I feel sorry for people who can't see this. At least they can see that they need better combat training if they want to attack innocent people more effectively.

They want a civil war, but I think they should postpone the onset until they have done a little bootcamp... Otherwise, people will think this is a staged comedy.

Michael

2 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

Although MSK did not quote any of my remarks, juxtaposing mine with his lets us read between the lines.

Twitter has just yanked the new Objectivist Living account, because I claimed OL's birthday was December 4 2005.  The date is wrong, but how did they know that?  Their excuse is child protection. Nobody under 13 can run an account.  

The slightly weirder thing is that the Birthdate form in account settings mentions that a linked business or club can have a "Birthday." So, maybe this experiment in social media awfulness needs to wait until OL is actually thirteen. 

Michael, when is OL's actual, verifiable birthday?

William,

I didn't do anything re Twitter. So all that's between y'all...

As to OL's official birthday, I don't don't know. It's probably the day Kat set up the forum. She signed me up on the same day which was December 3, 2005. So somewhere around there. Dec 4 works for me, too. Or no birthday, which I like better. It's not all that important.

What is important is what we are doing--that is, keeping a small door open in the O-Land borg with a welcome sign for independent thinkers to come in.

Michael

12 minutes ago, caroljane said:

I don't recall thinking your post was emotional-- I said that the topic seemed to be emotive -- I was thinking of the response of your soulbrother Jan, not you, actually.

Don't be so touchy. You like to insult your targets into a frenzy and then laugh at them for being hysterical or emotional, as per the Alt-Right Playbook, or for that matter the Kindergarten Argument playbook.

Chill out and stop regressing to the least attractive aspects of what must have been a fairly angry childhood.

Um, wrong again. More lefty Narrative and projection. I had a fabulous childhood, I love life, and I love creating, producing, laughing. I love people, I enjoy getting together with friends and neighbors regularly to share each other's company, and I love to voluntarily give of my time, effort and money to people in need, including to new arrivals to my nation and state on a personal, one on one, face to face basis.  I help. Me. I don't try to get moral credit for just having an opinion and for voting that someone else should be forced to pay for what I've decided that I want done. So don't try your smear tactics on me. Don't try to justify your anger and your shit ideology by trying to paint me as something that I'm not, like you do constantly with Trump, the Koch brothers, and anyone else who is taking away your side's power to abuse mankind.

Carol, you advocate the use of physical force to compel people against their will to serve your hateful political beliefs. It doesn't get any more regressive and unattractive than that. You resent the idea of people escaping control and the punishments that you want to inflict on them. Often, you express a sense of glee at the prospect of punishing others. Someone has produced more than you, and they are therefore disgusting and need to be brought down. That's your ugly ideology. Heh. How fucked up of a childhood must a person have had to work as hard and to do as much lying and spinning as you do in order to try to justify your rage about being stripped of some of your power to punish your betters.

It's really cool watching Trump trigger you and your ideological ilk.

J

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I know you did nothing. I was just noting some of the hoops that one goes through to verify a Twitter personality.  A little catch-22. I put in a ticket with my ID an and an explanation.

As to OL's official birthday, I don't don't know. It's probably the day Kat set up the forum. She signed me up on the same day which was December 3, 2005. So somewhere around there. Dec 4 works for me, too. Or no birthday, which I like better. It's not all that important.

I asked Twitter to review their suspension, given that I was trying to add a 'birth' note to a non-living living thing. I am sure once they get through the other eighty thousand review requests ...

What is important is what we are doing--that is, keeping a small door open in the O-Land borg with a welcome sign for independent thinkers to come in.

Michael

What I was looking for was a kind of "I don't care what you do in the name of OL, and I don't want the burden of a Twitter account, so if its all the same to you, William, no thanks. I'd appreciate it if you illustrated your point about How to Deal with Awfulness on Twitter, and then delete it." 

I did think first to illustrate using that account how Awful Twitter Can Be.  But it occurred to me since that Twitter has a lot of eyeballs, and using it to highlight daily selections of commentary, articles would be almost fun, or at least a chore accomplished very  easily.

The best part of featuring articles and commentary would be fishing up great discussions and disputes past, since our archives are pretty rich indeed. I'd also like to take pot shots at Lindsay's hate site, and at the moribund RoR.  But I won't, except indirectly. 

4 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Jonathan,

This should warm your heart.

I'm not 100% certain, but because of the context where it was posted, I am pretty sure this happened there.

Like the lady kept yelling at the guy who was attacked by a dude in a mask with a steel pipe, but who knocked the dude out flat like a pancake, "Why are you so angry? Why are you so angry? Why are you so angry? You racist!"

Why is he so angry, indeed? After all, what's wrong with clubbing someone with a steel pipe as a tool of persuasion? And who the hell is he to target and oppress masked people swinging steel pipes at him, anyway? How racist can you get?

:evil:  :) 

I feel sorry for people who can't see this. At least they can see that they need better combat training if they want to attack innocent people more effectively.

They want a civil war, but I think they should postpone the onset until they have done a little bootcamp... Otherwise, people will think this is a staged comedy.

Michael

Nice.

Carol is probably thinking that the guy who was hit with the pipe must have had a very angry childhood. After all, what else would cause him to strike someone like that for no reason?! The Antifa guy who shares Carol's ideology of initiating force dindu nuffin. His actions were justified. He was being virtuous.

J

5 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

Um, wrong again. More lefty Narrative and projection. I had a fabulous childhood, I love life, and I love creating, producing, laughing. I love people, I enjoy getting together with friends and neighbors regularly to share each other's company, and I love to voluntarily give of my time, effort and money to people in need, including to new arrivals to my nation and state on a personal, one on one, face to face basis.  I help. Me. I don't try to get moral credit for just having an opinion and for voting that someone else should be forced to pay for what I've decided that I want done. So don't try your smear tactics on me. Don't try to justify your anger and your shit ideology by trying to paint me as something that I'm not, like you do constantly with Trump, the Koch brothers, and anyone else who is taking away your side's power to abuse mankind.

Carol, you advocate the use of physical force to compel people against their will to serve your hateful political beliefs. It doesn't get any more regressive and unattractive than that. You resent the idea of people escaping control and the punishments that you want to inflict on them. Often, you express a sense of glee at the prospect of punishing others. Someone has produced more than you, and they are therefore disgusting and need to be brought down. That's your ugly ideology. Heh. How fucked up of a childhood must a person have had to work as hard and to do as much lying and spinning as you do in order to try to justify your rage about being stripped of some of your power to punish your betters.

It's really cool watching Trump trigger you and your ideological ilk.

J

Actually your first para reflects the idea I had of you,  when you still sounded like Jonathan the individual and not a bigoted Trumproid.

There is nothing I can say or do to convince you I don't feel rage that I just don't feel. Who do you think I am , Lindsay Perigo? I suppose that you have felt your rights threatened and violated for for so long, -- oh, I cannot be bothered on this day anyway to find any understanding of your own motivations, maybe I am just not equipped to understand them. 

I most certainly do not wish to punish my betters. I just cannot acknowledge  your chosen president as my better as a human being, despite his wealth and achievements, and I don't consider myself much of a human success, believe me. As human beings, Barry Goldwater and both Bushes and Ronald Reagan and yeah, Obama all stood head and shoulders above him. I don't like the idea of punishing people but of course I wish he would go away. I mean voluntarily!

46 minutes ago, Grrrrrr, as quoted by You People's Peoples Daily said:

your side's power to abuse mankind.

My name

46 minutes ago, Grrrrrr, as quoted by Ilk-a The She-Rager of The North said:

you and your ideological ilk

Is

46 minutes ago, Grrrrrr, as quoted by On Fire With Red Hot Rage said:

as much lying and spinning as you do in order to try to justify your rage

Dale Carnegie.

Edited by william.scherk
Added video from a friendlier day; concealing identities to protect the innocent

21 minutes ago, caroljane said:

Actually your first para reflects the idea I had of you,  when you still sounded like Jonathan the individual and not a bigoted Trumproid.

I've said nothing that sounds anywhere near to being bigotry, and I'm not a Trumproid. I haven't changed. The difference is that you're now looking at me through your TDS lenses. I don't join you in your hatred of Trump, and I don't accept your fabrications of his villainy, so therefore I have to be smeared along with him.

27 minutes ago, caroljane said:

There is nothing I can say or do to convince you I don't feel rage that I just don't feel. Who do you think I am , Lindsay Perigo? 

Actually, yes, lately, you've been acting a lot like Pigero.

29 minutes ago, caroljane said:

ActuallyI suppose that you have felt your rights threatened and violated for for so long, -- oh, I cannot be bothered on this day anyway to find any understanding of your own motivations, maybe I am just not equipped to understand them.

Work on understanding your own motivations. You've done more than enough of inventing mine.

32 minutes ago, caroljane said:

I most certainly do not wish to punish my betters.

Your political ideology is the wish to punish your betters.

35 minutes ago, caroljane said:

I just cannot acknowledge your chosen president as my better as a human being, despite his wealth and achievements, and I don't consider myself much of a human success, believe me.

I wasn't necessarily talking about Trump, but all of the good, productive citizens whom you want to punish with your ideology so that you can take moral credit for caring and being "humane" without having done anything yourself, and while advocating policies which worsen the situation. Having said that, Trump may be your better, or may not. I don't know him, and you certainly don't. You have a very prejudiced, slanted, hatefully selective appraisal of him. The same is true of your view of the Kochs -- you know nothing about them other that that they are wealthy and don't wish to be punished for their success by your "humane" ideology. That's all that you feel that you need to know to believe that they are less than you, and are deserving of being smeared.

48 minutes ago, caroljane said:As human beings, Barry Goldwater and both Bushes and Ronald Reagan and yeah, Obama all stood head and shoulders above him.

Goldwater and Reagan were good people. Obama was a destroyer. He's arrogant, dishonest, and wrongheaded, but, yeah, he displays those traits with style and panache.

56 minutes ago, caroljane said:

I don't like the idea of punishing people but of course I wish he would go away. I mean voluntarily!

You love the idea of punishing people. You just don't do it yourself. You like having government do it for you. That way, you can pretend that it's civilized, tasteful, and stylish. 'Oh, but we properly voted to punish Them. Procedures. We crossed the Ts and dotted all of the Is in distancing ourselves from stealing from and punishing the Others. So it's okay. It's virtuous and humane.'

J

4 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

I've said nothing that sounds anywhere near to being bigotry, and I'm not a Trumproid. I haven't changed. The difference is that you're now looking at me through your TDS lenses. I don't join you in your hatred of Trump, and I don't accept your fabrications of his villainy, so therefore I have to be smeared along with him.

Actually, yes, lately, you've been acting a lot like Pigero.

Work on understanding your own motivations. You've done more than enough of inventing mine.

Your political ideology is the wish to punish your betters.

I wasn't necessarily talking about Trump, but all of the good, productive citizens whom you want to punish with your ideology so that you can take moral credit for caring and being "humane" without having done anything yourself, and while advocating policies which worsen the situation. Having said that, Trump may be your better, or may not. I don't know him, and you certainly don't. You have a very prejudiced, slanted, hatefully selective appraisal of him. The same is true of your view of the Kochs -- you know nothing about them other that that they are wealthy and don't wish to be punished for their success by your "humane" ideology. That's all that you feel that you need to know to believe that they are less than you, and are deserving of being smeared.

Goldwater and Reagan were good people. Obama was a destroyer. He's arrogant, dishonest, and wrongheaded, but, yeah, he displays those traits with style and panache.

You love the idea of punishing people. You just don't do it yourself. You like having government do it for you. That way, you can pretend that it's civilized, tasteful, and stylish. 'Oh, but we properly voted to punish Them. Procedures. We crossed the Ts and dotted all of the Is in distancing ourselves from stealing from and punishing the Others. So it's okay. It's virtuous and humane.'

J

And your political ideology is the wish to punish the insufficiently respectful of what you conceive to be their betters. I don't think you are drooling  about dragging Hillary to the gallows, like your fellow J, but you just wish the bovine unproductive masses to be taught their proper place, not by force,- they are mostly not illegal immigrants after all- but by the withdrawal of rights they haven't earned, as their betters have earned them, and they will have to figure out how to earn themselves. 

And why not, indeed?   Your citizens are now being firmly led by the chief of their betters, just like North Korea. All of Korea agrees, thanks to Trump and Kim, and Americans will soon fall into line.

48 minutes ago, caroljane said:

And your political ideology is the wish to punish the insufficiently respectful of what you conceive to be their betters. I don't think you are drooling  about dragging Hillary to the gallows, like your fellow J, but you just wish the bovine unproductive masses to be taught their proper place, not by force,- they are mostly not illegal immigrants after all- but by the withdrawal of rights they haven't earned, as their betters have earned them, and they will have to figure out how to earn themselves. 

Wrong again. You're doing the false Narrative thing.

I have no desire at all to punish anyone. I don't look down my nose at people, or view anyone as "bovine." I don't presume to teach them or keep them in any "proper place," but view everyone as having the potential to be so much more than your human pets and your excuse to punish others in their name. I don't have an ideology of using force against others to keep them down. You do.

i haven't supported any withdrawal of anyone's rights. The fact that you might make up some rights, like the right to steal from others via government, or the right to enter a country or someone else's property, doesn't actually make it a right. And contrary to your ridiculous statement, I don't believe that rights are "earned." You're still inventing positions for me to take.

Your ideology is the one that treats people as cattle. You act as if you own them. Their standing up at stating loudly and clearly that you don't own them pisses you off, and puts you into lie and smear mode. You're doing it to me. I've told you what I stand for, and that I oppose your shit philosophy of supporting initiating physical force against your fellow man, and you response is to make up lies about me, to try to turn me into a racist xenophobe.

Carol, go do something. Do you actually care about immigrants? Go volunteer to help them in some way, with your own time, money and efforts. Lying about others and falsely labeling them racist isn't virtuous, especially when you're doing it to someone who actually volunteers his time.

J

• Like 1

15 hours ago, caroljane said:

And why not, indeed?   Your citizens are now being firmly led by the chief of their betters, just like North Korea. All of Korea agrees, thanks to Trump and Kim, and Americans will soon fall into line.

Drool.

--Brant

1 hour ago, Brant Gaede said:

Drool.

--Brant

lol, I would send you a Maple Leaf handkerchief but it would cost me $100 and brand me a traitor.

As I am now 213 or thereabouts and you must be at least 100 by now,  we both have (think Laura Secord and the nascent D.C Fire department) in the words of  one of your greatest cultural icons, been there before. 

May the best innovative niche market must-have product win!

Ever the idealist,

Carol

23 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

William,

Michael

Funny. You don't act like a 13 year old. Trump is speaking with The Netherlands at this time. 

12 minutes ago, Peter said:
23 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Funny. You don't act like a 13 year old. Trump is speaking with The Netherlands at this time. 

???

In other news, the Twitter humanoids have unlocked the door to our OLiving2018 account.  Click image to visit.

TwitterOLreviewFix.png

-- we have got our first follower. Break out the kegs.

Edited by william.scherk
Errors uncountable