merjet

Journal of Ayn Rand Studies V18 N1 (July 2018)

I am not interested in discussing geometric shapes. It doesn’t pique my interest after the first examination. Here is an old subject that does interest me. What do we value? Here is my sliding scale of values. Generally, humans from the instant after fertilization should be given more consideration than inanimate matter and more consideration than the vast majority of the animal kingdom. I prefer a sliding scale of value to be used with all life culminating, in full rights for adult humans near the apex of the rights / values pyramid.

100 to 1,000,000 - family and other people you would die for.

90 - a toddler you see wandering around in traffic and other entities that cause within your innermost being, an immediate, explosive "Call to Action."

85 – Top notch Objectivists like the late Barbara Branden

84 - AR, though deceased :O) All Objectivists, Students of Objectivism, Fans of Rand, Libertarians (except the Crazies).

75 -  I nominate human rights to all adult humans, who recognize human rights, as defined by Ayn Rand.

74 - other humans.

50 - children, one nano-second after the cord has been cut

45 - (26 week to near full-term fetuses as described in Roger E. Bissell's 1981 article in "Reason Magazine,"- A Calm Look at Abortion Arguments: My personal turning point away from Orthodox Objectivism.)

44 - retarded humans

22 - previously violent criminals, if no longer a threat to anyone but they still can't vote or own a fire arm.

21 – human embryos one second after they come into existence.

20 - pets (I have a feeling this category could be moved higher in points)

15 - food animals

10 - other animals

1 - single-celled organisms

0 - Above this point, Thou Shalt Not Kill anything, except with due cause (to be defined by ME. Below this point, kill as needed. Let your conscience be your guide :O)

-10     germs that cause minor illnesses

-15     animals that attack, kill or eat people, i.e., mad dogs, grizzlies, leopards.

-25     major germs that cause death or diarrhea.

-45     The murderously, criminally insane.

-50     murderers and tyrants. They have reason, but are evil, so they are lower than animals.

-75     mass murderers. Adolph Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot etc. Know what the least used first name is now? “Adolf.”

-100    the lowest rung of Hell

It doesn’t interest you, fair enough. Would you kindly act accordingly and keep your future non-thoughts about the paradox and other people’s discussions of it, to yourself?

Regarding stupid lists, I’m sorry, they don’t pique my interest.

4 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

It doesn’t interest you, fair enough. Would you kindly act accordingly and keep your future non-thoughts about the paradox and other people’s discussions of it, to yourself?

Regarding stupid lists, I’m sorry, they don’t pique my interest.

Indeed! And, Peter, in the future, please avoid scolding me about subjects which don't interest you. If you're upset that two people are having a disagreement, but you don't want to find out what the disagreement is about, stay out of it. Mind your own business. Your apparent mindset of not wanting to know, and of not wanting to believe that one or the other is right or wrong, is of no value or interest to me. Your need to judge and have a say while refusing to inform yourself has no persuasive power over me.

J

I see you are laughing at my proposal to discuss with Peter,  Billyboy❤️.

You would fail, of course, because you never leave out the personal. Your desired points never have any substance to them, that’s why they are always laden with snickers and tee hees and subtle put downs and insults.

Did you see Merlin failing at it as well, in the Paradox discussion? His motivation was the same as yours. Losing, confused, losing, losing, so...snicker, insult, tee hee. Peas in a pod - weak, little personalities who nip and bite and pretend they’re superior and pretend they are playing fair. Pathetic little bitches who whine when that noxious shit is turned on them.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Jon Letendre said:

His motivation was the same as yours. Losing, confused, losing, losing, so...snicker, insult, tee hee. Peas in a pod - weak, little personalities who nip and bite and pretend they’re superior and pretend they are playing fair. Pathetic little bitches who whine when that noxious shit is turned on them.

LOL. The pot calls the kettle black.

“Oh, Ellen, where did ever get that notion? ? That notion that is the paradox itself, which I didn’t know because I still don’t grasp the paradox, cannot state it  in  my own words, cannot demonstrate even once that I grasp Bob’s, JTS’, Max,’s, Ellen’s or anyone else’s comments...”

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

“Oh, Ellen, where did ever get that notion? ? That notion that is the paradox itself, which I didn’t know because I still don’t grasp the paradox, cannot state it  in  my own words, cannot demonstrate even once that I grasp Bob’s, JTS’, Max,’s, Ellen’s or anyone else’s comments...”

Does fabricating make you feel great?

Your hilarious convo with Ellen is preserved for anyone who wants to go and see and laugh.

As is case after case after case of the named persons presenting cogent and correct help to you, which you failed to grasp, and instead got bitchy about.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

Your hilarious convo with Ellen is preserved for anyone who wants to go and see and laugh.

As is case after case after case of the named persons presenting cogent and correct help to you, which you failed to grasp, and instead got bitchy about.

My detonations of your silly ideas are preserved for anyone who wants to go and see and laugh (and sigh). Will you ever grasp translation (in geometry)? 

1 hour ago, merjet said:

My detonations of your silly ideas are preserved for anyone who wants to go and see and laugh (and sigh).

But what if their seeing your "detonation" is just an optical illusion? Remember, your point of view is that our senses are invalid -- everything is an illusion. Well, when people read your words on the stupid "paradox" thread, they won't see them correctly the way that they really are, but will only see the wagon wheel illusion.

J

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

Remember, your point of view is that our senses are invalid -- everything is an illusion. 

Your addiction to fabrication is phenomenal!

Speaking of illusions, have you lately seen any rims screeching against tires they are mounted on and smelled the burning of the friction (link)?

3 minutes ago, merjet said:

Your addiction to fabrication is phenomenal!

But what if your view that I'm addicted to fabrication is an illusion?

J

Jon wrote: It doesn’t interest you, fair enough. Would you kindly act accordingly and keep your future non-thoughts about the paradox and other people’s discussions of it, to yourself?”

OK, unless I forget. Sorry. This might cheer you up. I finally found something Rand said about envy. I surrounded the word with stars.

Ghs once quoted Ayn Rand as writing: Observe that, in spite of their differences, altruism is the untouched, unchallenged common denominator in the ethics of all these philosophies. It is the single richest source of rationalizations. A morality that cannot be practiced is an unlimited cover for any practice. Altruism is the rationalization for the mass slaughter in Soviet Russia—for the legalized looting in the welfare state—for the power-lust of politicians seeking to serve the "common good"—for the concept of a "common good"—for ****envy,**** hatred, malice, brutality—for the arson, robbery, high-jacking, kidnapping, murder perpetrated by the selfless advocates of sundry collectivist causes—for sacrifice and more sacrifice and an infinity of sacrificial victims. When a theory achieves nothing but the opposite of its alleged goals, yet its advocates remain undeterred, you may be certain that it is not a conviction or an "ideal," but a rationalization. end quote