Crossborder Faceoffs

caroljane

This guy sounds dangerously if not insanely Left, and what he says will just make more people hate Canada.  Still, BNN Bloomberg strains to be businesslike in its reporting and maybe he is still Deep in the Deep, with or without Deep salary. I score this 6 out of 25 for interest to productive Americans. "We are watching you closely, you are not watching us. Why should you?"  Said one nation to another.

Edited by william.scherk
BNN Bloomberg is for North American business, Canuckian-vantage. We are watching you.

34 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

This guy sounds dangerously if not insanely Left, and what he says will just make more people hate Canada.  Still, BNN Bloomberg strains to be businesslike in its reporting and maybe he is still Deep in the Deep, with or without Deep salary. I score this 6 out of 25 for interest to productive Americans. "We are watching you closely, you are not watching us. Why should you?"  Said one nation to another.

Seems reasonable, from Trumps point of view, as the fastest way to make profits Great Again  for every American billionaire,especially him..

Climb every mountain, exploit every loophole, extract every dollar - till you find your dream!

41 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

He sounds like a douchebag assigning motives to people in order to further the Narrative. Disagree with his agenda? Well, then you're a xenophobic white guy! Childish.

Fair do's, Jonathan. Sometimes you also sound like a  douchebag in support of your own Narrative,,whatever a douchebag sounds like which I have never really understood. Likely it is whatever I sound like to you.. Even so, the guy has experience  and is entitled to his informed opinion.Have you spent time lately in the Diplomatic Service?

Here's the momentarily-popular Justin Trudeau issuing a challenge to the USA and the UK (spoiler: it's from 2016, so you may only get mildly enraged at the cadaver-dog milk-war meek terror tactics).

On 6/24/2018 at 2:48 PM, caroljane said:

Fair do's, Jonathan. Sometimes you also sound like a  douchebag in support of your own Narrative,,whatever a douchebag sounds like which I have never really understood. Likely it is whatever I sound like to you.. Even so, the guy has experience  and is entitled to his informed opinion.Have you spent time lately in the Diplomatic Service?

Seriously? You're resorting to the Appeal to Authority Fallacy? Heh.

J

2 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

Seriously? You're resorting to the Appeal to Authority Fallacy? Heh.

J

What authority? I asked you a question, about your own authority on the subject, possibly not as respectfully as you deserve.Your  own many fallacies of logic I have not addressed, let alone your breaches of  argument (your charming ad hominems, e.g.)  Say something original, or remind me of the real person I thought you to be, or keep up your rote Trumproid hatefests, your choice.  

I really deplore the wry enjoyable sense of humour you used to have, but I see you now only endow it on the worthy.

That’s textbook narcissist behavior. Observers will be shocked, saying “how can she deny what the whole room heard? It’s absurd.” Yet, even if it’s in print for all to see, they reflexively enter their dysfunctional mode whenever challenged (even over the slightest misbehavior.)

They can’t bring themselves to stoop to honesty with their targets, they instead offer absurd excuses, and then, the best part, they will feign insult if you reject their absurd excuses. They will turn it around -you are being rude, and they feel hurt. Anything but honesty.

Well, here's Canada doing it again...

Toronto Mayor Warns City Cannot Handle Surge In Asylum Seekers Amid Trump Immigration Crackdown

By all means, we must virtue-signal to the world about how much we aid and care for the oppressed and downtrodden, but only so long as they are taking your shit. When they start taking our shit, it's time to have an adult conversation.

:evil:  :) 

Michael

14 hours ago, caroljane said:

What authority? I asked you a question, about your own authority on the subject, possibly not as respectfully as you deserve.Your  own many fallacies of logic I have not addressed, let alone your breaches of  argument (your charming ad hominems, e.g.)  Say something original, or remind me of the real person I thought you to be, or keep up your rote Trumproid hatefests, your choice.  

I really deplore the wry enjoyable sense of humour you used to have, but I see you now only endow it on the worthy.

Um, the act of Appealing to Authority that I was referring to was the one that you were making in citing the douchebag's experience in the Diplomatic Service, and my lack of it, in relation to his comments in which he judges people collectively, not to mention racially, and assigns them motives despite never having met any of them, and never having attempted to discover their actual views.

As for the rest, you've turned into a hater, Carol. You're a hot, hateful mess. You're doing exactly what Diplomatic Douchebag did in the video: You're beginning with your hatefulness, tilting at windmills, building and knocking down straw men, and assigning motives to others and making them into monsters. You do it with Trump, with Trump's supporters, and now even with someone like me, who has mixed feelings about Trump and his policies.

Your new behavior since Trump was elected reminds me of Newberry's unhinged hatred of the false version of Kant that he has constructed, and which he seems to value hating very highly. He loves to publicly whip that nasty imaginary Kant bastard. It seems to be a deep need of his. He's very stubborn about letting go of his falsehoods when confronted with overwhelming evidence of his errors. You do the same with the imaginary Trump that you've constructed. When I correct Newberry, he and others whom he has infected with his hatred call me a "Kantian" (they seem to believe that it somehow logically follows that if I correct their falsehoods about any person, I am therefore a supporter, follower, acolyte and worshiper of that person). When I correct your lies about Trump, or point out others' shitty, racist, collectivist behavior due to their similar unhinged hatred of their self-constructed, false versions of Trump and his supporters (such as the comments  of Deputiy Douchebag Diplomat), you label me a "Trumproid."

What's gotten your granny panties in such a twist, Carol? And not just you, but the Douchebag Diplomat, too, and everyone else who savors wallowing in their hatred for their personal versions of imaginary Trumps. What's the cause? Is it a reaction to the fact that the real Trump has been so effective at freeing people from the theft and control that you've supported? He's not biddable like most other republicans, and is having some success in taking away the power that certain people have enjoyed exerting over others?

Seriously, I'd like to know what's caused you to go full Newberry.

J

1 hour ago, Jonathan said:

Um, the act of Appealing to Authority that I was referring to was the one that you were making in citing the douchebag's experience in the Diplomatic Service, and my lack of it, in relation to his comments in which he judges people collectively, not to mention racially, and assigns them motives despite never having met any of them, and never having attempted to discover their actual views.

As for the rest, you've turned into a hater, Carol. You're a hot, hateful mess. You're doing exactly what Diplomatic Douchebag did in the video: You're beginning with your hatefulness, tilting at windmills, building and knocking down straw men, and assigning motives to others and making them into monsters. You do it with Trump, with Trump's supporters, and now even with someone like me, who has mixed feelings about Trump and his policies.

Your new behavior since Trump was elected reminds me of Newberry's unhinged hatred of the false version of Kant that he has constructed, and which he seems to value hating very highly. He loves to publicly whip that nasty imaginary Kant bastard. It seems to be a deep need of his. He's very stubborn about letting go of his falsehoods when confronted with overwhelming evidence of his errors. You do the same with the imaginary Trump that you've constructed. When I correct Newberry, he and others whom he has infected with his hatred call me a "Kantian" (they seem to believe that it somehow logically follows that if I correct their falsehoods about any person, I am therefore a supporter, follower, acolyte and worshiper of that person). When I correct your lies about Trump, or point out others' shitty, racist, collectivist behavior due to their similar unhinged hatred of their self-constructed, false versions of Trump and his supporters (such as the comments  of Deputiy Douchebag Diplomat), you label me a "Trumproid."

What's gotten your granny panties in such a twist, Carol? And not just you, but the Douchebag Diplomat, too, and everyone else who savors wallowing in their hatred for their personal versions of imaginary Trumps. What's the cause? Is it a reaction to the fact that the real Trump has been so effective at freeing people from the theft and control that you've supported? He's not biddable like most other republicans, and is having some success in taking away the power that certain people have enjoyed exerting over others?

Seriously, I'd like to know what's caused you to go full Newberry.

J

Well, if you say so Jonathan, but I do not know anything about Newberry except he is your epistemological enemy and not a good an artist as you. (I know nothing about art but have seen examples of his and yours and thought yours better.)

As I have said before I am not very good at hating, but I do dislike proven persistent liars, disloyal friends or allies, and vengeful petty mean-spirited people, in whatever walk of life I find them. If the extra small glove fits, your president can wear it.

The bad behaviour of others has no bearing on the moral burden of each individual, and you know that.

5 minutes ago, Hot Mess in T.O., quoting one of the Raging Jays, I forget which one, said:

As for the rest, you've turned into a hater, Carol. You're a hot, hateful mess.

"Wait till the Jays turn on each other, Ma! That'll get the moderator out of mothballs ..."

8 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

"Wait till the Jays turn on each other, Ma! That'll get the moderator out of mothballs ..."

It's kind of flattering, really. I haven't been called a hot mess since I paired my mother' s beaver coat with a tie-dyed ball gown for my 20th college reunionj! Mixed reviews as you would expect. 

1 minute ago, caroljane said:

Well, if you say so Jonathan, but I do not know anything about Newberry except he is your epistemological enemy and not a good an artist as you. (I know nothing about art but have seen examples of his and yours and thought yours better.)

As I have said before I am not very good at hating, but I do dislike proven persistent liars, disloyal friends or allies, and vengeful petty mean-spirited people, in whatever walk of life I find them. If the extra small glove fits, your president can wear it.

The bad behaviour of others has no bearing on the moral burden of each individual, and you know that.

I agree that you're not very good at hating. It hasn't looked good on you. It doesn't suit you.

Thank you for the kind words about my art.

As for Newberry, I think that his work can be fabulous, when he's really being himself and loving the work, and not trying to be Ayn's ideal man made real, or her messenger or defender. I wouldn't judge his entire epistemology, but have only really taken issue with his need to vilify Kant. There's just no getting through to him on that issue. Fighting Kant is like a security blanket to him. It's a testament to the power of the aesthetic effect af the Sublime. He needs the fix of feeling his will to resist the evil of Kant as an incomprehensible magnitude and destructive influence, even if it's all an illusion. And that makes sense since he's a Rand follower, and her signature aesthetic style was the Sublime.

It doesn't make sense with you, though. The Sublime is not in your blood. It's not your style.

J

3 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

I agree that you're not very good at hating. It hasn't looked good on you. It doesn't suit you.

Thank you for the kind words about my art.

As for Newberry, I think that his work can be fabulous, when he's really being himself and loving the work, and not trying to be Ayn's ideal man made real, or her messenger or defender. I wouldn't judge his entire epistemology, but have only really taken issue with his need to vilify Kant. There's just no getting through to him on that issue. Fighting Kant is like a security blanket to him. It's a testament to the power of the aesthetic effect af the Sublime. He needs the fix of feeling his will to resist the evil of Kant as an incomprehensible magnitude and destructive influence, even if it's all an illusion. And that makes sense since he's a Rand follower, and her signature aesthetic style was the Sublime.

It doesn't make sense with you, though. The Sublime is not in your blood. It's not your style.

J

We can agree on that I think. at least .. the Sublime makes me think too uncomfortably of L Perigo, and his righteous Objectivist Rage and his tiny, tiny, tiny world in which only Mario Lanza and "Linz" himself are heard, I would have to brush up on Kant (like for a year!) but I think he was more honest than his modern interpreters.

So, guess what. The Treasury Secretary thinks life is unfair.

He is not going to like this: From ketchup to orange juice: Canada’s retaliatory tariffs on U.S. will hit hard and wide

And ... what about the countervailing tariffs imposed by China?  Well, they are somebody is gonna pay ...

The threat of new tariffs against China pits the world’s two largest economies against each other and looks set to disrupt global supply chains for the tech and auto industries, two sectors heavily reliant on outsourced components.

In addition to the $200 billion of imports Trump threatened with tariffs if China hits back over duties already announced on $50 billion of exports to the United States, he said another $200 billion would be imposed if Beijing retaliates further, a high-risk strategy that drove shares and commodities lower.

Dg63XeuWAAAdYuH.jpg

I don't know exactly where this should go, but it may at some point cross the border into Faye territory. Does it make a point about Canadian civility that this guy was canned?  No, yes, maybe, huh?

3 hours ago, william.scherk said:

I don't know exactly where this should go, but it may at some point cross the border into Faye territory. Does it make a point about Canadian civility that this guy was canned?  No, yes, maybe, huh?

Yes and yes. He put his job where his convictions were. No shirt, no shoes, no (foreign propaganda) slogans, no service.

Canada Tariffs on US Goods From Ketchup to Lawn Mowers Begin

https://www.usnews.com/news/business/articles/2018-07-01/canada-tariffs-on-us-goods-from-ketchup-to-lawn-mowers-begin

OTTAWA, Ontario (AP) — Canada began imposing tariffs Sunday on $12.6 billion in U.S. goods as retaliation for the Trump administration's new taxes on steel and aluminum imported to the United States.

Some U.S. products, mostly steel and iron, face 25 percent tariffs, the same penalty the United States slapped on imported steel at the end of May. Other U.S. imports, from ketchup to pizza to dishwasher detergent, will face a 10 percent tariff at the Canadian border, the same as America's tax on imported aluminum.

[...]

The new Canadian tariffs, which took effect at 12:01 a.m. Sunday, are hitting a long list of U.S. consumer goods, including ketchup and other Kraft Heinz products.

[...]

Dangit Trudeau, not my ketchup!  It's the brand I buy too!

3 hours ago, KorbenDallas said:

Canada Tariffs on US Goods From Ketchup to Lawn Mowers Begin

Korben,

Heh.

What a misleading headline.

The correct would be "MORE Canada Tariffs on US Goods..."

:) 

There is nothing wrong with either side making its own leverage, though. May the US and Canada do what each thinks right or more strategic.

Now that the cards are being dealt and the betting has started, let's see how they play the game.

Wanna bet it ends in pizza?

(That's a Brazilian expression meaning everybody ends up as friends.)

And wanna bet it ends closer to President Trump's opening offer (no tariffs) than the globalist NAFTA market manipulations of the present?

And wanna bet the only people permanently pissed in the end will be the corrupt cronies while everybody else will like the result?

People who have betted against President Trump have mostly not done well over his lifetime.

Michael

A question for our Canadian friends:

Are you working to establish open borders in your nation? You seem to be very concerned about having a say in my nation's policies, but what are you doing about your own? Why do you still have immigration laws? That's just mean. What are you doing to eliminate your racist laws? Everyone has a right to move to Canada without having to follow any laws or fill out paperwork or whatever. So, what are you doing about it?

J

It looks like a "leaked" draft bill has been spun into an attack on the President. Ho hum.  

What does the USA get out of the current WTO anyway?

Well, of all the gall ... here  comes Vladimir Putin with a WTO complaint.  Whinger.

From Politico Europe:LATEST: Russia becomes 7th WTO member to challenge Trump tariffs