Money will not serve the mind that cannot match it. -- Francisco's money speech

jts

Question:  What would you do if at the age of 15, with most of your life ahead of you, were given a million dollars tax free? How well would your mind match it?

We saw stories about people who won the lottery and didn't do well with the money. 

I suspect that a person whose mind can match it wouldn't need it. People like Bill Gates and Steve Jobs probably didn't need it.

Richard Wolff, the Marxist economics professor, seems to think the way capitalists get rich is first somehow get some money and then buy or build a business and then get rich by having a bunch of people working for you while you do little or nothing. As if the business runs itself and the capitalist doesn't need to do anything except own the business. I doubt it's that easy. 

Money will not serve the mind that cannot match it. Neither will anything the money is turned into. Paraphrasing Ayn Rand, a business (or a factory or a farm) will not serve the mind that cannot match it. Do I have that right?

Oh yeah. You have that exactly right, I am sure jts. The mind which conceives of, creates the business, therefore *knows* it, nurtures and cares about it, is the primary cause. The money made as the effect won't supersede this cause: your money's value directly connects to your mind's efforts. That's why easily gotten money "burns a hole in your pocket", as they say.