Victor D. Hanson has some interesting things to say about Trump

BaalChatzaf

I thought you might some of Victor D. Hanson's  views of Donald Trump and his victory interest.  Have a listen and perhaps state your reactions.

My favorites:

”The Democratic Party is in ruins, it’s in wreckage. The Elizabeth Warren / Bernie Sanders jackals are fighting over a dead carcass.”

”All of Obama’s initiatives will be overturned or destroyed, they will.”

”He has ruined the Democratic Party. It has been reduced; no Senate, no House, no Presidency, no Supreme Court, no State legislatures, no state government. It is a municipal party now.”

btw - I don't have time to keep up with the prolific Victor Davis Hanson, but I do enjoy articles and talks once in a while. (His recent article comparing the old deep south Confederate mind processes to the modern progressive ones is wonderfully entertaining and insightful: The Confederate Mind.)

He is one of the most sane voices in the mainstream. God know how he got into the mainstream given our current "thou shalt not think independent thoughts" climate. But he is there pumping out gobs of high-quality thinking.

He has deep scholarship behind everything he presents. And, on a sense-of-life level, he's a farm-boy. I admire him enormously.

If you are interested, here are a few links:

Victor Davis Hanson Private Papers (the "Angry Reader" section is a hoot)

Victor Davis Hanson (Wikipedia)

Victor Davis Hanson (National Review author page)

The Classicist (podcast of Victor Davis Hanson at The Hoover Institute)

Victor Davis Hanson (YouTube search. If you click on "Filter" when you go to the link, you can organize the videos by view count, upload date, duration, etc.)

Victor Davis Hanson (his author page at Amazon for his many books)

Victor Davis Hanson (Twitter account--I just now followed him in my own Twitter account since I had not thought of doing so before)

Believe it or not, there is a lot more stuff out there. I don't know when this guy sleeps.

I hope you find this useful. It's a deep dive in food for thought, a banquet, actually...

Michael

17 minutes ago, Peter said:

I clearly remember the sense of elation I felt on the night of the election when I realized Trump might win.

The night before I expected the Donald to lose.  When I found out he won, the next morning,  I was surprise, but pleased.  I did vote for him. Not for the usual reasons.  I  regarded Trump as my personal Political I.E.D., an explosive device planted in the middle of government.  

7 minutes ago, BaalChatzaf said:

The night before I expected the Donald to lose.  When I found out he won, the next morning,  I was surprise, but pleased.  I did vote for him. Not for the usual reasons.  I  regarded Trump as my personal Political I.E.D., an explosive device planted in the middle of government.  

Still sizzling like a string of firecrackers, with no big bang yet, but the minor victories are adding up. He is in good health so we are fairly assured of two more years of the same direction, towards more liberty, more safety, and more wealth. Isn't that Kim Jun un conference coming up soon? That should be a hoot.   

19 hours ago, Peter said:

Still sizzling like a string of firecrackers, with no big bang yet, but the minor victories are adding up. He is in good health so we are fairly assured of two more years of the same direction, towards more liberty, more safety, and more wealth. Isn't that Kim Jun un conference coming up soon? That should be a hoot.   

There has not been a dull moment since Our Donald took the helm.