This...

Man, does this bring joy to my heart.

Republican donor from Virginia Beach sues GOP, accusing the party of fraud over failed Obamacare repeal
by Bill Bartel and Scott Daugherty 
The Virginian-Pilot
August 4, 2017

From the article:

A retired attorney in Virginia Beach is so incensed that Republicans couldn't repeal the Affordable Care Act he's suing to get political donations back, accusing the GOP of fraud and racketeering. 

Bob Heghmann, 70, filed a lawsuit Thursday in U.S. District Court saying the national and Virginia Republican parties and some GOP leaders raised millions of dollars in campaign funds while knowing they weren't going to be able to overturn the ACA, also known as Obamacare.

The GOP "has been engaged in a pattern of Racketeering which involves massive fraud perpetrated on Republican voters and contributors as well as some Independents and Democrats," the suit said. 

On the free market, you don't get to sell a service if you have no intention of fulfilling it. That's called fraud. You can get away with it and keep the money (at least for a little bit) if you pretend to do the service while proving you are blocked. But when you are no longer blocked, you can no longer pretend. 

I fully agree that the same standard should apply to politicians. If the Republican Party solicited money under false pretenses, they should give it back.

Michael

For quite a while I have been reluctant to donate money to the RP. But I did donate to Trump's campaign. I was listening to local talk radio as I drove around yesterday and a lady from Rehoboth Beach, Delaware was complaining that the Democrats are trying to sabotage Trump which is to be expected but so are The Establishment Republicans! They are part of the swamp and they don't want it drained. 2018 will bring vengeance and the Tea Party back onto the scene. I want Rep. Ryan and Senator McConnell out of their leadership positions. Ready for Republican challengers in your districts, you rino's?  Another point she made was that Trump is not a Republican or a Tea Party man either but doing a better job than they could.  So many of us are pleased that Rand Paul and Ted Cruz are opposing Trump when he "strays."

Peter