low IQ vs employment

jts

10 minutes ago, BaalChatzaf said:

Life is becoming more complicated and folks with very low IQ's simply do not have the means of dealing with the complications.  It is like being blind.  The blind do not have the means of seeing light other than sensing heat. So they need the assistance of other in order to get along. That is the sad truth of it.  As Xerxes said to Ephialtes in The 300,   the gods were cruel in fashioning you so.  Some of us are victims of ill fortune and do not have the means of autonomous survival, so those unfortunates much depend on the kindness of others.  Sad.  But there it is. 

Uh, huh.

--Brant

your post is too complicated for me

1 minute ago, Brant Gaede said:

Uh, huh.

--Brant

your post is too complicated for me

It is?  I thought it was fairly plain and simple. Some people require the kindness of others in order to survive. 

3 minutes ago, BaalChatzaf said:

It is?  I thought it was fairly plain and simple. Some people require the kindness of others in order to survive. 

I need the kindness of my dentist, plumber and the clerks at the stores.

Also, the pilot of my airplane.

--Brant

1 hour ago, Brant Gaede said:

I need the kindness of my dentist, plumber and the clerks at the stores.

Also, the pilot of my airplane.

--Brant

The folks you mentioned are being paid for their efforts.  Helpless people  who have been shortchanged by nature through no fault of their own also require the support of the families, friends of the family and neighbors which is often provided with no monetary compensation.  You make not like it,  but some people are motivated by kindness and charity.  

I am busy recording books for blind and dyslexic people for which I do not get a single penny.  Why am I doing it?  Because many of my end users are very intelligent folks who need access to material normally printed in books,  to realize  their full potential.   I am an enabler. 

16 minutes ago, BaalChatzaf said:

The folks you mentioned are being paid for their efforts.  Helpless people  who have been shortchanged by nature through no fault of their own also require the support of the families, friends of the family and neighbors which is often provided with no monetary compensation.  You make not like it,  but some people are motivated by kindness and charity.  

I am busy recording books for blind and dyslexic people for which I do not get a single penny.  Why am I doing it?  Because many of my end users are very intelligent folks who need access to material normally printed in books,  to realize  their full potential.   I am an enabler. 

I wasn't talking about them. I was talking about me.

Now you've made the transition from low IQ people to helpless people leaving you with a self-fulling argument. Of course the helpless need help.

Going back to square one, the average IQ is 100. Where does helplessness kick in? 99? 89? 79? 69?

It's not IQ, it's what you do with what you've got.

--Brant

don't forget the helpless geniuses

43 minutes ago, Brant Gaede said:

I wasn't talking about them. I was talking about me.

Now you've made the transition from low IQ people to helpless people leaving you with a self-fulling argument. Of course the helpless need help.

Going back to square one, the average IQ is 100. Where does helplessness kick in? 99? 89? 79? 69?

It's not IQ, it's what you do with what you've got.

--Brant

don't forget the helpless geniuses

Very low IQ people are helpless in many important respects.  

Other people need help in areas  not  directly related to their mental ability.