Hudgins Joins Heartland!

As some of you already might know, I have accepted the job of new research director at the Heartland Institute!

Heartland is based in Arlington Heights, Illinois, outside of Chicago, though I'll still be working in the Washington,D.C. area. Heartland is an “action tank” as well as a “think tank,” discovering, developing, and promoting free-market solutions to social and economic problems. It is a national leader in the fight for climate realism against alarmist dogma; founder Joe Bast & two other Heartlanders were at the White House for Pres. Trump's announcement about pulling out of the Paris Accords, while I did a TV show on the subject. It is a leader for control by parents control of their children’s education against “Common Core” government control freaks. But Heartland specializes in taking the battle for free markets to the states, providing studies for policymakers and activists, witnesses for state legislative committees, and analysis that helps friends of freedom in the various states learn from their respective experiences.

I will be building out Heartland’s research efforts, producing intellectual and policy ammunition for its traditional audiences and for new audiences—Millennials, minorities, well-intentioned civic leaders who want the best for their communities. I'm with Heartland plotting a long march through the institutions! Any of you who are ground troops in the battle, feel free to offer me your thoughts on how we can help! My new work email is ehudgins@heartland.org

4 minutes ago, Ed Hudgins said:

As some of you already might know, I have accepted the job of new research director at the Heartland Institute!

Heartland is based in Arlington Heights, Illinois, outside of Chicago, though I'll still be working in the Washington,D.C. area. Heartland is an “action tank” as well as a “think tank,” discovering, developing, and promoting free-market solutions to social and economic problems. It is a national leader in the fight for climate realism against alarmist dogma; founder Joe Bast & two other Heartlanders were at the White House for Pres. Trump's announcement about pulling out of the Paris Accords, while I did a TV show on the subject. It is a leader for control by parents control of their children’s education against “Common Core” government control freaks. But Heartland specializes in taking the battle for free markets to the states, providing studies for policymakers and activists, witnesses for state legislative committees, and analysis that helps friends of freedom in the various states learn from their respective experiences.

I will be building out Heartland’s research efforts, producing intellectual and policy ammunition for its traditional audiences and for new audiences—Millennials, minorities, well-intentioned civic leaders who want the best for their communities. I'm with Heartland plotting a long march through the institutions! Any of you who are ground troops in the battle, feel free to offer me your thoughts on how we can help! My new work email is ehudgins@heartland.org

What a nifty job! And your target interest is climate too!  I wish you good fortune and good work.  Please try to get thermodynamics back into the climate question and get the  politics  and eco-fanaticism out.    Bravo!

Good for you Ed. I know a teacher who would like to get rid of programs like common core, and stop the regimentation, though they still are for some national testing to see if a teacher is getting the job done.

Peter

Congratulations, Ed.

I'm guilty of neglecting you a bit (due to nothing on your end nor poor opinion on mine), so let me say it out loud:

I'm proud of you.

I can say to other people, "Hey, I know that guy."

:) 

I have a feeling you are in the right place. From most of the stuff I've read by you, in my opinion, political activism suits you as a perfect fit.

At Heartland, you are going to be like a dog in a Milk Bone factory.

:)

Michael

Thanks Michael, et al! I'm excited about the new challenge, especially at this time. We're in a political volatile times. So while we need philosophical clarity, we also have the opportunity to actually promote some real change. Trump pulling out of the Paris Accord was one such change. His appointments at OMB, EPA, the FCC and elsewhere are important. And we have some real opportunities at the state level.

I hope to get back to writing in the future, probably some policy papers and, I hope, short pieces as well. I'll keep you informed.

Cheers!

Ed