easy 5 Q science quiz, MA got all wrong

jts

1 hour ago, jts said:

This is a very simple quiz about science, with only 5 true-false questions. Mike Adams, the health ranger, got all of them wrong.

has this crackpot's alleged radiation treatment been validated by a double blind clinical study?  When I hear claims like this my bullshit detection needle swings way over and bends 90 degrees. 

19 minutes ago, BaalChatzaf said:

has this crackpot's alleged radiation treatment been validated by a double blind clinical study?  When I hear claims like this my bullshit detection needle swings way over and bends 90 degrees. 

As I said, he got all 5 questions wrong. I have a bullshit detector too. Even before I started listening to him, I had to turn my bullshit detector off because it was smoking.

But I didn't hear of a radiation treatment, unless maybe you mean vitamin D from the sun. Mike Adams is a great believer in the benefits of vitamin D and the sun. But nothing works by itself; health is a whole lifestyle kind of thing. If he thinks sun alone can do it apart from the rest of lifestyle, I think that's bullshit. Sun can be a valuable part of a complete lifestyle.

You will never have a double blind study of the effects of diet or of fasting or of sunshine, because there is no placebo for those things. What you require is impossible. So for you, scientific study of what constitutes healthful living is impossible. That would require a placebo as a substitute for healthful living.

My bullshit detector always goes off when I hear of scientific studies and peer reviewed journals, because the scientists prove whatever they are paid to prove, usually to market a product, usually a drug.

It is not likely that you will ever hear of a scientific study in a medical journal that shows reversal of diabetes by nutritarian diet or starch based diet or gerson therapy or fasting, even non-double blind. Studies usually cost money. If they are not marketing a product, how can they justify the expense?

In addition to not having a product to market, if the study is published in a respectable journal it would bash the drug advertising that funds the journal. Can't allow that.

I am puzzled by MA's "radiation treatment". What are you talking about?

1 hour ago, BaalChatzaf said:

I isolated the part where he talks about diabetes. What radiation treatment are you talking about?

9 hours ago, jts said:

I isolated the part where he talks about diabetes. What radiation treatment are you talking about?

In the first few minutes he says he patented a treatment for radiation.....   Hence the question.   The man sounded like a crack pot from the git go.  When he made that claim  a ceased wasting my time listening to him.

9 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

In the first few minutes he says he patented a treatment for radiation.....   Hence the question.   The man sounded like a crack pot from the git go.  When he made that claim  a ceased wasting my time listening to him.

I disagree with every doctor and health teacher on something, no exception. That does not prevent me from learning from them.