If this guy Kevin Vesey wasn't before, he has now become a total elitist tribalist. I don't know anything about him, but from looking at his twitter feed, he used to be a standard run-of-the-mill aspiring media sellout personality. But then he tried to go "tell THEIR story," meaning the story of the human livestock.

He didn't expect his reception, nor President Trump's tweet.

He was so very shocked the livestock were not grateful that he was there to tell "THEIR story." I mean, for a day, they could pretend to be people, huh? Stupid people, but people. And in his benevolence, he was offering that opportunity to them. All by himself. Without being asked.

He says so himself.

But his tribe came to the rescue and gave him a feel-good moment. After all, he went into the unwashed masses to fight the good fight. Now he will never leave the bosom of his dear fellow sellouts.

And there's a cherry on top.

One of the biggest sellouts of them all noticed him.

Kevin Vesey has to be in Media Sellout Heaven today.

🙂

Michael

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

LOL...

MSNBC, in phony baloney outrage, was doing a live report bashing the people in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin for not wearing masks.

A man, filming them with his smart phone, stopped by and said the reporter's cameraman was not wearing a mask, either. Then the reporter, Cal Perry, kinda collapsed.

🙂 

BUSTED!!!

🙂

Here's an article if you're feeling a bit of schadenfreude and want to read more. It contains the video by the guy who busted the MSNBC people and a bunch of tweets mocking them.

MSNBC burned when camera crew’s outed for not wearing masks during mask-shaming live segment

Heh heh heh...

🙂 

Michael

MSNBC is getting help in fake and misleading shit, too.

This is what Drudge has turned into (screenshot from just now):

image.png

Hitler-like propaganda.

There. I said it.

Hitler.

But Godwin's Law doesn't really apply because I doubt Goebbels, as evil and skilled at it as he was, would have ever dreamed of getting away with this level of nonstop crap in his own propaganda.

Michael

• Like 1

I have been watching Tim Pool's evolution from left to right due to his daily disillusionment with the fake news media. To be more exact, it's from a ruling class left-leaning establishment view (which looked like grass roots to Tim) to a more Trump-like view, even though he says he's not all in with Trump.

Tim's problem is that he fact-checks the media against actual facts and against what they said in the recent past. And he keeps seeing the same dishonesty, blatant lies, wrong reporting and propaganda over and over. He proves it--both to himself and to the public.

He has now hit a point where he said his heart is broken.

Maybe there is a universal truth here.

It's the redemption story, the hero's journey version. You must kill off your old self before the new one can emerge. You must let go of being a child before you can become an adult.

When such a change is due to disillusionment and not growth, it's like divorcing your values. And what results from a divorce?

A broken heart.

I feel for Tim, but I certainly admire his integrity.

He's going to be OK.

He got rid of an abuser in his life and his co-dependency is ending. It hurts like hell, but it's a healthy step.

Just like growth toward adulthood is.

Michael

• Like 2

Matt Taibbi, an editor of Rolling Stone magazine, is probably one of the next to fall to the fake news media's cancel culture virtue signalling.

The American Press Is Destroying Itself

For all our infamous failings, journalists once had some toughness to them. We were supposed to be willing to go to jail for sources we might not even like, and fly off to war zones or disaster areas without question when editors asked. It was also once considered a virtue to flout the disapproval of colleagues to fight for stories we believed in (Watergate, for instance).

Today no one with a salary will stand up for colleagues like Lee Fang. Our brave truth-tellers make great shows of shaking fists at our parody president, but not one of them will talk honestly about the fear running through their own newsrooms.

We can discard his disparagement of President Trump. All he's doing is making sure the anti-Trump mob (his main audience) knows he's on their side.

The real issue goes deeper. After years of promoting bloody dictators and the ideology that drives them, Taibbi is not happy when the whip of those goons lands on his own back.

Now he wants his rights, his freedom of the press, and he wants men and women of integrity to exercise it.

But he can't find them anymore.

All he's seeing is a bunch of cowards who are sacrificing the best among them to avoid their own destruction.

Taibbi is very intelligent, but I don't think he gets the connection between what he has supported for years and what he is now living.

I think it is very likely that he will fall as hard as did the journalists he defended in his article fell.

After all, now he's a racist, right? If he isn't, he will be before too long. 🙂

There is one place where none of this is happening on any kind of organized scale: the alt-media.

In fact, whether by choice or by lack of other options, Taibbi is gradually migrating to the alt-media, although he still has strong ties to the establishment machine. I predict this latter will not be for long, though. In the article above, Taibbi takes square aim at the lack of professional standards in the mainstream press and laments the constant purges.

The good news (for him and us) is the traditional fake news media is in its death throes. It is run by authoritarians who are either trembling in their designer footwear right now, or they are as crazy as a pack of coyotes on LSD suffering from furious rabies.

The alt-media is where you can now find truth in reporting. The truth there among a lot of crap, but it's there.

The truth is no longer welcome at the fake news mainstream media. The authoritarians will not stand for it.

Alt media shreds authoritarians.

Which one do you prefer, hmmmmm?...

This may not look like it, but this illustrates a fundamental principle of freedom of the press.

Taibbi should think about that the next time he promotes his leftie crap and leftie authoritarians over freedom. 

He doesn't have to abandon his hatred of rightwing authoritarians. In fact, I like it when he goes after them. But that doesn't mean replacing one kind of authoritarian with another is any improvement.

Now Taibbi is learning that leftie authoritarians will come for him just as quickly as they came for Michael Moore.

He made that. So he can only blame himself.

Let's see if he learned anything from here on out and try to help undo it.

At least his article above is a step in the right direction.

Michael

3 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Matt Taibbi, an editor of Rolling Stone magazine, is probably one of the next to fall to the fake news media's cancel culture virtue signalling.

The American Press Is Destroying Itself

The article goes into much detail about what's happening in mainstream press journalism.  The Trump-bashing at the beginning, and in several subsequent remarks, aside, I think it's well worth reading in full.

Here's an interesting observation about the kneeling craze going on:

Each passing day sees more scenes that recall something closer to cult religion than politics. White protesters in Floyd’s Houston hometown kneeling and praying to black residents for “forgiveness… for years and years of racism” are one thing, but what are we to make of white police in Cary, North Carolina, kneeling and washing the feet of Black pastors? What about Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer kneeling while dressed in “African kente cloth scarves”?

There is symbolism here that goes beyond frustration with police or even with racism: these are orgiastic, quasi-religious, and most of all, deeply weird scenes, and the press is too paralyzed to wonder at it. In a business where the first job requirement was once the willingness to ask tough questions, we’ve become afraid to ask obvious ones.

Ellen

I have rarely disagreed with President Trump, but now I must disagree. I say, let the children brought here illegally, stay as LEGAL Americans. They live here. They speak English. They consider themselves Americans. They are Americans. Consider a better policy going forward from June 19, 2020. Peter D. Taylor

DACA ruling By Devan Cole and Jamie Ehrlich, CNN  6 hrs ago. Several Republican lawmakers lambasted Chief Justice John Roberts on Thursday, criticizing the Supreme Court's top member for issuing an opinion earlier in the day blocking the Trump administration's effort to end an Obama-era program that protects hundreds of thousands of immigrants brought to the US as children from deportation.

10 hours ago, Peter said:

I have rarely disagreed with President Trump, but now I must disagree. I say, let the children brought here illegally, stay as LEGAL Americans. They live here. They speak English. They consider themselves Americans. They are Americans. Consider a better policy going forward from June 19, 2020. Peter D. Taylor

DACA ruling By Devan Cole and Jamie Ehrlich, CNN  6 hrs ago. Several Republican lawmakers lambasted Chief Justice John Roberts on Thursday, criticizing the Supreme Court's top member for issuing an opinion earlier in the day blocking the Trump administration's effort to end an Obama-era program that protects hundreds of thousands of immigrants brought to the US as children from deportation.

Peter,

It's good that this is in the fake news thread because your disagreement is not with President Trump if you are using the frame of Trump against the Supreme Court over DACA. Legally, that frame is a fiction. So your disagreement is about a fictional world with fictional people in it.

And this fiction rests on two premises:

1. President Trump is not concerned with children of illegals born here or brought here very young. The fake image goes that Trump is a heartless monster who wants to uproot kids like that, throw them into the wilderness and strut around with glee at bullying the helpless.

2. The Supreme Court has issued rulings, including this one, about the substance of President Obama's Executive Order on DACA.

Both premises are false, but that is the story they are selling and this is the one you are buying.

President Trump wants a permanent solution for the DACA kids, not the legal limbo they are now in. Do you remember something? Let me refresh your memory. In the early days President Trump put the DACA kids in a negotiation with the Democrats about the wall and they rejected it sight unseen. Trump went against his own base to do that, but he stood strong. The establishment Democrats and never-Trumpers were the ones playing this issue like a fiddle in their Trump-bashing.

Once President Trump has the power to do something substantial, he will. I have no doubt about this. Look at how he works. 

The Democrats (and never-Trumper Republicans) are the ones in this case who want the worst for the DACA kids. These kids are useful to the Dems so long as their innocent victim status can be used as a bargaining chip and, later, so long as they vote Democrat. The Democrat establishment wants endless war for profit, so they also want the DACA kids to be the dead bodies on the front lines of their putrid wars so they can make money and buy fine things. Their bleeding hearts pump vinegar, not blood.

Use your eyes, man, not just your own good heart when they tell their sob stories through the fake news media. You are a good man, Peter, and they know that. That's why they pull on your heartstrings to feed you their bullshit. They learned what pushes your buttons and they push them without mercy.

The other premise is that the Supreme Court ruled on procedure, not substance. That is another crock of bullshit.

President Trump tweeted about this earlier today.

Do you still disagree with President Trump when he says that?

It's a hard pill to swallow, it was for me, but the fake news media no longer exist as news institutions. They are propaganda agencies and nothing more. There is a big ass hole in our institutional culture where news used to be. It feels like a leg was amputated and, every morning, you (I) think, "That couldn't be. Today will be different and the news will start being news again." 

But the leg is gone.

Those people are evil. They do evil on purpose. Because they like it. They want power qua power, not integrity.

I say don't give them power, not even in believing their bullshit stories.

Michael

This morning Judge Jeanine Pirro basically said the same thing I just said, but in different words and with a different frame.

Her frame? She, and many others, are pissed at Chief Justice Roberts (and Obama &Co.) for playing games with this issue by dancing around it for delays. Chief Justice Roberts personally may support DACA, but he doesn't in his role as Chief Justice. In that role, he is using his powers as Chief Disgruntled Bureaucrat by throwing up piles of needless paperwork to keep from doing anything.

I bet he likes endless war for profit, too, and doesn't mind the dead bodies of young people (including DACA kids) paying for his ruling class cocktails.

As to the DACA kids, she said President Trump wants to take care of them.

Michael

Yeah Michael, I did fall for the “story line” that he wanted to kick them out, so thanks for setting me straight. In the following he is pushing some buttons. I really don’t think he is goading the lowlifes to disrupt, but that may be the effect of the message.

President Trump: Any protesters, anarchists, agitators, looters or lowlifes who are going to Oklahoma please understand, you will not be treated like you have been in New York, Seattle, or Minneapolis. It will be a much different scene! end quote

If there are violent protesters, I hope they are arrested quickly, but does Oklahoma have the capacity to “store” hundreds of rioters? It sure does! Perhaps the hottest, driest, and most remote Indian reservations will be available for storage? Hmmm? How much will they charge per “scalp?” Peter 

Notes. Oklahoma Indian tribes: Cherokee, Arapaho, Chickasaw, Choctaw, Creek, Wyandot Kickapoo, Apache, Comanche, Kiowa, Osage, Pawnee, Seminole, Wichita, Shawnee, etc.  

From Wikipedia. Department of Defense Indian Incentive The Department of Defense (DoD) Indian Incentive Program, part of the Office of Small Business, provides a 5% rebate to a prime contractor, based on the total amount subcontracted to an Indian-Owned Economic Enterprise or Indian Organization To qualify, the organization must be at least 51% owned by an entity (or tribal member) of a federally recognized tribe. end quote

• Like 1

Heh...

CNN has to lay off people all the time since their ratings are so poor.

But for those who work there, not to worry.

They get picked up by China Global Television Network paid for by the good old Chinese Communist Party.

EXCLUSIVE: Ex-CNN ‘Reporters’ Now Work For The Chinese Communist Party’s Propaganda Outfit: CGTN

China Global Television Network, a registered foreign agent in the U.S. and integral outlet in the Chinese state-owned media landscape, employs several former CNN correspondents and anchors.

China Global Television Network (CGTN) has been identified as a “long-standing weapon in Beijing’s arsenal of repression” whose raison d’être is “to attack designated enemies of the Communist Party,” chiefly the U.S. Headquartered in Beijing, funded by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), and controlled by the regime’s Publicity Department, the outlet is inundated with anti-U.S. and anti-Trump content.

As a result, CGTN was forced to register with the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA) in 2019.

CGTN’s international disinformation campaign – which has resulted in airing forced confessions and deeply biased coverage of Hong Kong protests – aligns with President Xi Jinping’s 2016 decree that “wherever the readers are, wherever the viewers are, that is where propaganda reports must extend their tentacles.”

Despite this, there’s an apparent door between CGTN and establishment U.S. media outlet CNN.

And off the article goes naming names.

If anyone wants to know who helped sell out the US to the Chinese, look at the people in and around CNN for a great start.

Michael

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Jon Letendre said:

I wonder why these creatures felt they had to make up instances of that which they assure us is “like, totally real and everywhere.”

It's called internalized racism. Haven't you been educated?

• 2 weeks later...

I read the following article.

It is MUCH worse for the New York Times than the headline implies.

The family that owns The New York Times were slaveholders: Goodwin

If you look at this through the lens of hypocrisy, yeah, it works. The NYT goes about promoting cancel culture because someone in the past did something wrong by today's standards, including the Founding Fathers, yet the family that owned the NYT has a much worse past than almost all of the people and institutions it attacks.

But hypocrisy is not a lens that ever causes political change.

(By lens, I mean a storytelling theme. The underlying subtext of publishing policies.)

Another lens does cause political change, though: authoritarianism.

Take a look at the entire history of the NYT and you will see the theme of supporting authoritarians running nonstop. It's just there. Right out in the open.

Just to name a few, slaves, obviously, with that many slaveholders in the family, but Lenin, Stalin, Hitler, Mussolini, Mao and on and on. The NYT has never met an authoritarian it didn't love at first sight. Later, after the bodies pile up, it will tut-tut-tut and posture about that this is hard-hitting journalism. But when such dictators emerge, the NYT slobbers all over them.

That's why nobody should take the NYT seriously. Really. The NYT is a cesspool.

Hypocrisy is simply the clothes it wears. Authoritarianism, the more bloody the better, is the moral and intellectual rot those clothes cover.

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

This is incredible to watch.

It's really incredible to me that Chris Wallace got his answer from Jason Miller and asked two more times as if Jason had not answered him. Maybe he didn't like the framing Jason presented, but he got his answer.

Even more incredible is the number of people on that thread who said "no" didn't count as "no"... 

🙂 

The fake news media exists because it has an audience of people who want it to be right and justify the hallucination in their heads irrespective of what they see and hear.

Michael

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2017 at 2:25 PM, Peter said:

On the last episode of the TV show, “Grimm,” the grimm, a man who can *see* people who are really a hybrid of human and beast, and his ex-wife both step through a mirror into another dimension or reality. The night sky was different. Spooky!

We decided to watch some old Grimm's last night and the third episode had Nana Visitor from  Star Trek Deep Space Nine.